It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Originally posted by Indigo_Child Dr David Childress

"doctor"? David Childress is not a doctor of anything. He doesn't have a B.A. let alone a Ph.D. Still, that hasn't prevented him from claiming to be an archaeologist for the last 20 years. A complete charlatan.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaspar Hauser

I haven't really read Childress. I don't really take him all that seriously. I tend to dismiss all speculative theories which are not supported by evidence. For me only what is empirically verifiable is important. The corpus of Sanskrit literatire is empirically verifiable. Basically it goes liike this: all of the physical texts in the world whiich are anamolus, i.e., they suggest technology far in advance of their age can be explained by the Sanskrit text. Simply because it is the only litrary tradition to have been preserved from there, that tells us about the extent of their knowledge.

Some examples of anamolus physical texts:

Pyraminds
The mechnical calculating machine
Wootz Steel
Piri Res map
Baghdad Battery
Electroplating used by Egyptians
IVC(the urban development, and evidence of sophisticated surgery)
The similarity between the Indus script and the Easter island script

All of these can be explained by the Sanskrit literary tradition. The mathemathics of the Pyramids can be explained by the Sanskrit Sulba Sutras, the engineering in the IVC can be explained by the Shilpa Shastra, the calculating machine can be explained by a range of Sanskrit texts which mention mechanical machines of all kinds. The use of electricity is mentioned in precise details in a 10th century engineering text by Raja Bhoga which is redacted from older texts. The similarity between the Indus and Easter island script can be explained by a globe-going seafaring of the Indus, which must have travelled as far as the Americas.

There is no mystery anymore. The theory is internally consistent and can explain all kinds of anamolus evidence.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The Piri Reis map happens to be an area on which I have studied extensively. Your claim is invalid, there is nothing unusual or unexplained about the map that would remotely connect it in the way you are stating.

However perhaps I've missed something? Care to lay out the exact facts that support your idea?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I am simply giving a list of anamolus artefacts from ancient times. You say the Piri Reis map is not anamolus. I think that is interesting, I have obviously overlooked the more mundane explanation for his map that you have researched. Care to enlighten me?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It is an Ottoman map that incorporated the information of the day to include explorations (possibly) from an unknown Portuguese or Spanish journey down the southern-eastern coast of SA.

Hapgood was the guy who came up with this, thoroughly debunked decades ago.

I can recommendthat you look at Gregory McIntosh's book on this matter

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Yeah, a cursory reading on the matter brought Hapgood's into my attention. Now whether he has been debunked or not is contentious to say the least, especially considering the Antartica interpretation, but this is not the thread to discuss that in. I was simply giving a list of ancient artefacts which prerequisite advanced knowledge. Some artefacts do exist in the ancient world which are genuinely mysterious because they require advanced knowledge.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Howdy IC

It not contentious at all, its a normal piece of work for that period of time. Attempts to make in to something mysterious are laughingly inept.

Hapgood just made up a bunch of stuff that is easily dismissed because it has no evidence to back it up.

I picked that one out of your list because it's so simple to debunk. The rest take a bit more than a paragraph to deal with - but that not really the point of the thread? However all of the evidence you seem to think exists, does in fact, not exist, just like the Piri Reis map being the creation of mysterious science.

I believe you were talking to Harte, he is better versed in the tedious task of debunking creative translation of the ancient Indian classics.

You have a good night

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
this is very interesting

www.philipcoppens.com...

another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Mumbai (formerly Bombay). The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Mumbai and dated at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity. No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world’s only known “impact” crater in basalt. Indications of great shock (from a pressure exceeding 600,000 atmospheres) and intense, abrupt heat (indicated by basalt glass spherules) can be ascertained from the site. With the apparent discovery of this radiated area, parallels were quickly drawn to the Mahabharata, the Indian epic, which indeed speak of doom and destruction. It reads:... (it was) a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendour... ...it was an unknown weapon, An iron thunderbolt, A gigantic messenger of death, Which reduced to ashes The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. ...The corpses were so burned As to be unrecognisable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected... ....to escape from this fire The soldiers threw themselves in streams To wash themselves and their equipment.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

it would better to do more research on the quoted matter rather than copy paste it blindly.

The Lake is said to be the only crater in the great basaltic formation of India. Initial appreciation of the lake was, as of volcanic origin, but now it is recognized as an impact crater created by the hypervelocity impact of either a comet or a meteorite. The presence of plagioclase that has been either converted into maskelynite or contains planar deformation features (PDFs) has confirmed the impact origin of this crater. It is argued that only shock metamorphism caused by hypervelocity impact can transform plagioclase into maskelynite or create PDFs. The presence of shatter cones, impact deformation of basalt layers comprising its rim, shocked breccia inside the crater, and non-volcanic ejecta blanket surrounding the crater are further proof of the impact origin of Lonar crater. As a result of the studies, broadly, the geological features of the Lonar crater has been marked under five distinguishable zones, exhibiting distinct geomorphic characteristics.[11] The five zones are: [12].
1. The outermost Ejecta Blanket
2. The crater rim
3. The slopes of the crater
4. The crater basin, excluding lake
5. The crater lake

en.wikipedia.org...
www.unb.ca...

Whats stated in Philip Coppen's Website is not true. there are presence of shatter cones, breccia etc in the crater.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Howdy Coredrill

Whats stated in Philip Coppen's Website is not true.

WHAT? A fringe website that holds back the whole truth and distorts reality to decieve people.....I'm shocked! LOL

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There's certainly much more then we are told. People didn't write this down for fun! It must have a reason, a goal.

"Prove" of this is also wide spread. There are skeletons found in India which are 50 times more radio active then normal standards???! In the desserts near Israel there are places that are covert in a green glass like substance from molten stone/sand, they found the same at US nuclear test sites coincidence, i think not!

In this book these things are mentioned!
(www.thecrowhouse.com...)

It's the same with the Sumerian tale. Much of the non believers state Sitchin made mistakes in translating the stone tablets and made a mess of it, but they don't think about the 50 years he spend in translating the tablets. Why should he make a cock en balls story of it.....50 years for a c&b story I don't think so.

We are here longtime!!!!! TPTB don't want us to now so there religion based power doesn't crumble to dust!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BringerOfLight

it's not just a religious issue. mainstream evolutionary theory also discounts it. in fact, the real powerhouse behind not revealing such data would ostensibly be whoever writes the science based textbooks and they're written to support mainstream evolution. so i'm guessing while religion may have been the issue at one time, it is no longer what is holding back the tide of information about the ancient world.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"Prove" of this is also wide spread.

Hans: Actually not, there is lots of misrepresented data, fakes and forgeries, real data is lacking.

There are skeletons found in India which are 50 times more radio active then normal standards

Hans: No such skeletons exist, this story comes from a Russian source and has no basis infact. Care to explain how a skeleton would become radioactive from a nuclear blast?

???! In the desserts near Israel there are places that are covert in a green glass like substance from molten stone/sand, they found the same at US nuclear test sites coincidence, i think not!

Hans: Impact glass from meteorites can be found where ever there has been surface explosions. They look similar to the nuclear materials.

It's the same with the Sumerian tale. Much of the non believers state Sitchin made mistakes in translating the stone tablets and made a mess of it, but they don't think about the 50 years he spend in translating the tablets.

Hans: You can find the material produced by the Sumerians and you can translate them yourself. Sitchin made up stuff to sell books. 50 years of fraud basically by a guy who couldn't tell the difference between Akkadian and Sumerian.

Why should he make a cock en balls story of it.....50 years for a c&b story I don't think so.

Hans: Money, he’s become a multi-milliionaire making up nonsense. A few minute devoted to research would show you that. Accepting fringe website information uncritically will lead you down into a very factless desert.

We are here longtime!!!!! TPTB don't want us to now so there religion based power doesn't crumble to dust!

Hans: Really religion based power huh? How does that operate in say, China? LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Indigo...please let my mind rest...this is the most important of all...I am still found with myself struck with sleep at your opening argument...it is unbearable

very good thread...very good...sorry if you were looking for a challenge...As we BE...so to do we BE....

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh my

I went back and read up to page eleven

What we have is

Indigo makes an unsubstantiated claim

She is called on it

She makes the same claim claiming the claim is the proof

Four years of saying the same stuff over and over again, kinda like an intellectual version of an Uncle Remus Tar Baby

When you don't have evidence the solution is not to ask people to believe harder its to go find the evidence or consider the idea falsified.

[edit on 3/4/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Twenty pages in, haven't read it all yet so stop me if you've heard this one.....

Nuclear events in Ancient India

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

The linked page is just one of many out there on the net. This page also has the following topics
Giant Unexplained Crater Near Bombay
A Nuclear Catastrophe in Paleoindian Times?
Rajasthan: Evidence of Ancient Atomic Explosion

[edit on 2-4-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Following the afore-posted link to the main page you can find even more articles on this matter.

- The Case of The Evil Wind - Climate Study Corroborates Sumer’s Nuclear Fate.
At the end of the third millennium B.C. the great Sumerian civilization came to an abrupt end. Its sudden demise was bewailed in numerous lamentation texts that have been discovered by archeologists. The texts ascribed the calamity to an Evil Wind that came blowing from the west (from the direction of the Mediterranean Sea) -- a deathly cloud that caused excruciating death to all living beings, people and animals alike, that withered plants and poisoned the waters.

- The Evidence for Ancient Atomic Warfare The following item appeared in the New York Herald Tribune on February 16, 1947 (and was repeated by Ivan T. Sanderson in the January 1970 issue of his magazine, Pursuit): When the first atomic bomb exploded in New Mexico, the desert sand turned to fused green glass. This fact, according to the magazine Free World, has given certain archaeologists a turn. They have been digging in the ancient Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and a layer of herdsman culture much older, and a still older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

And other topics such as:
Mysterious Glass in the Egyptian Sahara
The Vitrified Forts of Scotland
Vitrified Ruins in California's Death Valley: Evidence of Atomic War?
and many more

[edit on 2-4-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Unfortunately Guyverunit

This is a David Hatcher Childress 'report' which was based on a report at Rense. That report is completely faked. Don't believe it? Try to find any confirmation outside of a fringe site. Oddly enough the site reports of Mohendaro, etc make no such mention.

You can read about the fake here:

www.thinkdigit.com...

[edit on 3/4/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

That post on thinkdigit was an excellent one!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by qbik2008

Thanks Qbik. I think the evidence is overwhelming. In fact we have accepted some history on lesser evidence. The evidence supporting the existence of India's superior techological civilisation is simply too stong to dismiss easily. I am reproducing a section of a post mine from the other thread discussing this subject. Please look at the journal article I link.

Hans: Who? Name and publication from peer reviewed source. Truth is always respectable. If you've noticed that science has made a rather large number of advances, all by people pushing the fringe. The only reason to no publish evidence based facts is because their are no evidence. Considering that scientists with this information could publish within India itself this seems odd.

Hans, actually India this has been taken so seriously, it has been investigated officially and with the cooirdination of the highest scientific authorities and institutions of India. Not only that that it has been done in the open and the results have been conclusive and are availlable in the public domain and also published in India's most prestigious science journals.

Some examples: An ancient Sanskrit text called the Amsu Bodhini, stored at India most prestigious Sanskrit achive: Library of Oriental Institute of Vadodara on cosmology and astrophysics, composed by the same author of the controversial Vymanika Shastra has been investigated officially by India's scientific authories and one of the 5 spectrometers mentioned in the text have been built according to its specifications and patented and published in a peer-reviewed journals, one of India's most prestigious science journals INSA. You can access that study here:

www.new.dli.ernet.in...

There is another study references in the above article itself which I had translated from Hindi in my thread "Vedic Physics" I cannot find that at the moment, but I do recall somebody posting the journal article in a debate once. I will keep looking and see if I can find it.

By the way this has also been confirmed in the media:

A glass-like material based on technology found in an ancient
Sanskrit text that could ultimately be used in a stealth bomber (the
material cannot be detected by radar) has been developed by a
research scholar of Benaras Hindu University.

Prof M A Lakshmithathachar, Director of the Academy of Sanskrit
Research in Melkote, near Mandya, told Deccan Herald that tests
conducted with the material showed radars could not detect it. "The
unique material cannot be traced by radar and so a plane coated with
it cannot be detected using radar," he said.

The academy had been commissioned by the Aeronautical Research
Development Board, New Delhi, to take up a one-year study, `Non-
conventional approach to Aeronautics,' on the basis of an old text,
Vaimanika Shastra, authored by Bharadwaj.

Though the period to which Bharadwaj belonged to is not very clear,
Prof Lakshmithathachar noted, the manuscripts might be more 1,000
years old.
The project aims at deciphering the Bharadwaj's concepts in aviation.
However, Prof Lakshmithathachar was quick to add that a
collaborative effort from scholars of Sanskrit, physics, mathematics
and aeronautics is needed to understand Bharadwaj's shastra.

The country's interest in aviation can be traced back over 2,000
years to the mythological era and the epic Ramayana tells of a
supersonic-type plane, the Pushpak Vimana, which could fly at the
speed of thought.

www.indiadivine.org...

As the article is old it is no longer extant, but I have linked a forum where it was archived for discussion.

I do apology as I came to this discussion late, however I don't recall where the links were to the Sanskrit documents that have these wonders in them and their translations; the orthodox one and shall we call it the Indigo friendly translations, would you please re-link those to me please- or did I understand I understand your exchange with Harte to mean there are no such links?

I have produced earlier on this thread a medical journal article on Sanskrit embroyology. I also referenced a book by a team of scientists, "Computer science in ancient India" headed by academics from California, Berkley universities, USA. I quoted from the actual texts the sections on microbes and classification and then I corroborated it with academic professionals who have also cited the same stuff and are qualfiied experts in it. I will be corroborating even further. As nothing can be proven over the internet, all I can do is provide the materials to you and corroborate it as far as I can within the limitations of the internet, and then the rest is open to your investigation. I do not expect you to be convinced, but at least consider it strongly given the weight of the evidence.

By the way Hans, I think it would be better to discuss the issue in this thread because I have collected most of my evidence in this thread and will be posting new evidence in this thread. Let's keep the thread for a discussion on why the civilisation lost and this one for archiving evidence.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join