It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghaele

So what you are saying is that there is some sort of grand alien circus out there that performs on other worlds then moves on to the next? Awesome!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
have a look at this link

probedeep.blogspot.com...

[edit on 17-4-2008 by manjucv]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

hey man....whatever you are trying to convince people is 100% true...i truly believe that our's was the first civilization on this planet...and the most advanced one of them all...what i'm trying to say is...we have recorded some of the most important and totally mind bending and mysterious parts in history...mahabharata is nearly 10,000 some odd years old and people around the the world are awestruck just by the fact that our civilization has seen that many years...well no other civilization comes even close to this....forget the fact that ramayana occured millions of years ago..what is even more interesting is the fact that ramayana which took place millions of years ago is also not the oldest of our civilization...this was only in the second yuga...so what are the things that occured in the first yuga???i've still been guessing...there are also lots of missing parts in our scriptures...were they deliberatly made so to keep....maybe things safe...like there are a lot of things i don't get...like what happens to karna's kavacha which krishna takes away in the battle???and how did krishna die???please say that ashvathama is still alive...people have said to have seen him once in a kumbh mela or some big event like that...descibing him to be really huge and old and fitting the perfect desciption of ashvathama...when the people tied to get him he is simply said to have vanished...isn't that something???i really couldn't believe it when heard about it...what ever man....people from those times tottally rocked...they had seen everything that we still haven't..they knew almost everything about everything...and they had perfected whatever they knew...and people think india's nothing...and for people thinking that way just see what happens in the next years to come....

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Srimad Bhagavatam
srimadbhagavatam.com...

Canto 7: The Science of God

Chapter 8, Verse 33

SB 7.8.33: Airplanes were thrown into outer space and the upper planetary system by the hair on Nrisimhadeva's head. Because of the pressure of the Lord's lotus feet, the earth appeared to slip from its position, and all the hills and mountains sprang up due to His intolerable force. Because of the Lord's bodily effulgence, both the sky and all directions diminished in their natural illumination.

srimadbhagavatam.com...

related SYNONYMS

dyauh -- outer space; tat-sata -- by His hair; utkshipta -- thrown up; vimana-sankula -- filled with airplanes; protsarpata -- slipped out of place; kshma -- the planet earth; ca -- also; pada-abhipidita -- distressed due to the heavy weight of the lotus feet of the Lord; sailah -- the hills and mountains; samutpetuh -- sprang up; amushya -- of that one (the Lord); ramhasa -- due to the intolerable force; tat-tejasa -- by His effulgence; kham -- the sky; kakubhah -- the ten directions; na rejire -- did not shine.

vimana

vimāna — airplanes; SB 2.9.13
vimāna — of the airplanes; SB 3.15.26
vimāna-śreṇi-bhūṣaṇam — always decorated with first-class airplanes; SB 3.16.32
vimāna-agryeṣu — in the best of airplanes; SB 3.16.34
vimāna-yānāḥ — flying in their airplanes; SB 4.3.5-7
vimāna — of airplanes; SB 4.6.27
vimāna — airplanes; SB 4.9.56
vimāna — an airplane; SB 4.12.19
vimāna — airplane; SB 4.12.27
vimāna-āvalibhiḥ — in their different airplanes; SB 5.1.8
vimāna-anīka — with contingents of airplanes; SB 5.17.4
vimāna-sańkulā — filled with airplanes; SB 7.8.33
vimāna-āvalibhiḥ — with different types of airplanes; SB 7.8.36
vimāna — of airplanes; SB 7.10.68
vimāna-agryam — excellent airplane; SB 8.10.16-18
vimāna-gatayaḥ — traveling in their airplanes; SB 10.21.12
vimāna — of airplanes; SB 10.33.3
vimāna — and the airplanes (of the demigods); SB 10.37.1-2
vimāna — a celestial airplane; SB 10.64.30
vimāna — on their airplanes; SB 10.75.16
vimāna — of airships; SB 10.76.9-11
vimāna — of airplanes; SB 11.31.4
vimāna — of airplanes; CC Adi 1.73-74
ha-ilā vimana — became morose; CC Madhya 16.3
vimanā hañā — feeling morose; CC Antya 7.89
vimana — morose; CC Antya 19.29

srimadbhagavatam.com...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Canto 7
The Science of God
srimadbhagavatam.com...

Chapter 4
Hiranyakasipu Terrorizes the Universe
srimadbhagavatam.com...

SB 7.4.5-7: Hiranyakasipu became the conqueror of the entire universe. Indeed, that great demon conquered all the planets in the three worlds -- upper, middle and lower -- including the planets of the human beings, the Gandharvas, the Garudas, the great serpents, the Siddhas, Caranas and Vidyadharas, the great saints, Yamaraja, the Manus, the Yakshas, the Rakshasas, the Pisacas and their masters, and the masters of the ghosts and Bhutas. He defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
***Thank you Super Moderator.
You have saved me a lot of time.
Case: When I saw the topic, and it wasn't the first time, I thought I'd give it a look. Immediately, the post sent my BS-Dar into overdrive, but in the spirit of objectivity I read on hoping and praying for a credible source. And of course, well, anyone reading the thread will see what I mean.
Thank you again SuperMod. Your efforts are appreciated.

Added: Also, this is not to say I don't 'believe' in some of these fantastic things, it's just that the topic is "proof" of these things and that is not true.
But what's proof, anyway? Who needs it? I do. And I have pretty strict guidelines about what constitutes "proof." For instance, cars are real, but if someone long ago wrote in detail about a VW bug, I'd think it was interesting, but not proof that the writer was driving one around.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Canto 10, Chapter 76
srimadbhagavatam.com...

SB 10.76.6: Salva chose a vehicle that could be destroyed by neither demigods, demons, humans, Gandharvas, Uragas nor Rakshasas, that could travel anywhere he wished to go, and that would terrify the Vrishnis.

---------

SB 10.76.21: At one moment the magic airship built by Maya Danava appeared in many identical forms, and the next moment it was again only one. Sometimes it was visible, and sometimes not. Thus Salva's opponents could never be sure where it was.

SB 10.76.22: From one moment to the next the Saubha airship appeared on the earth, in the sky, on a mountain peak or in the water. Like a whirling, flaming baton, it never remained in any one place.

SB 10.76.23: Wherever Salva would appear with his Saubha ship and his army, there the Yadu commanders would shoot their arrows.

SB 10.76.24: Salva became bewildered upon seeing his army and aerial city thus harassed by his enemy's arrows, which struck like fire and the sun and were as intolerable as snake venom.

Canto 10, Chapter 77
srimadbhagavatam.com...

SB 10.77.33: While Salva continued to hurl torrents of weapons at Him with great force, Lord Krishna, whose prowess never fails, shot His arrows at Salva, wounding him and shattering his armor, bow and crest jewel. Then with His club the Lord smashed His enemy's Saubha airship.

SB 10.77.34: Shattered into thousands of pieces by Lord Krishna's club, the Saubha airship plummeted into the water. Salva abandoned it, stationed himself on the ground, took up his club and rushed toward Lord Acyuta.

SB 10.77.35: As Salva rushed at Him, the Lord shot a bhalla dart and cut off his arm that held the club. Having finally decided to kill Salva, Krishna then raised His Sudarsana disc weapon, which resembled the sun at the time of universal annihilation. The brilliantly shining Lord appeared like the easternmost mountain bearing the rising sun.

SB 10.77.36: Employing His disc, Lord Hari removed that great magician's head with its earrings and crown, just as Purandara had used his thunderbolt to cut off Vritra's head. Seeing this, all of Salva's followers cried out, "Alas, alas!"

SB 10.77.37: With the sinful Salva now dead and his Saubha airship destroyed, the heavens resounded with kettledrums played by groups of demigods. Then Dantavakra, wanting to avenge the death of his friends, furiously attacked the Lord.

etc. these kinds of quotes pop up all over the place in vedic literature.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
reply to post by Ghaele

So what you are saying is that there is some sort of grand alien circus out there that performs on other worlds then moves on to the next? Awesome!!!

Well, I'd say that would account for alot of things. Not that far-fetched in my opinion.
Also, the earth is supposed to be pretty old. I know this is a cliche,' but many things may be irrevocably lost due to violent geologic activity.
And yeah, we've still got a lot of spade and shovel work to do before solid conclusions may be drawn. And I'm not necessarily referring to ancient civilizations, but to many, many, mant events and conditions prior to the 16th century or so. Beyond that, the gaps are pretty big between the cohesive blocks of documented human ctivities and then those aren't found before, what, *40,000 years as a generous estimate. (?)
* - approximate date doesn't reflect the presence of basic stone tools, like smashers, scrapers, etc.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by djerwulfe]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It seems that lot of off topic discussions are taking place and people are doing a flame war on vagabond.
Although it might not be perfectly right to assert that all that Indigo_Child has proposed is supremely accurate and perfect,it is indeed a very interesting topic on which any person of this mankind can have a serious thought on,as it affects his/her ideas and beliefs.
Initially Indigo_Child himself has said that this topic is meant to be discussed rather than fought and proved.So,I suggest unnecessary flame wars stop,especially on politics,race,current world affairs etc.
This topic pertains to everyone's ancestors.The scriptures are not supposed to be 100% accurate and unbiased.There are a lot of ideas,themes and stories described in them which needs proper analysis,understanding and application at a later stage when there are scenarios that suit its application and conditions are well supported by proof(scientific or intuitive).
I too believe that the perception we have of the ancient civilizations is flawed thanks to lack of documents,genocides and other human activities that contributed to destruction of many such evidences. So,there is not much of a point in fighting over things you or I are not sure about.
Let's give in our opinions about the matter and how well does your beliefs fit into this larger idea,or how it counters it.
It takes a mature humanity to survive the possible horrors and calamities that await the mankind.So,please...I request my fellow Indians and Asians to not think in that categorized,narrow manner.Instead you should contribute with your local knowledge of facts that seem to be connected and related to this concept.Even the people from the West had similar past,but a completely different type of culture and society led to a different state of mind and attitude .
The West and the East might be essentially divided in way of thinking and behaving,but then it must be seen as the power of an underlying unity,where both types of attitudes and thinking patterns lead to a globally acceptable and truly sound solution to the problems of mankind.

Anyway thanks to all people who have contributed towards this thread with research and fine ideas.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
TO THE OP:

You just copied and pasted the entire thing, word for word from this!

www.dailygrail.com...

It was posted before you posted yours too!

[edit on 12/6/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A copy of all sanskrit books was always sent to the British Queen's administration and they have accumulated our ancient knowledge through books and scriptures. Then they invent a peoduct based as per the guideline given in the scripture but with their own "Label".With every sucess they further use the sucess to malign and portray India and Indians as backward in the same manner as the "Daitya" (read europeans) have been defined as devoid of intellect and mannerisms in our ancient scriptures though good at physical voilence which they constantly project.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

it is indeed fascinating but not surprising since i believe in what you have written! it is a matter of time before all of this comes out in open! there is one additional aspect that i would like to contribute i e the composition of the shlokas is not just the glorification of the deities worshipped by the indian civilization but an coded representation of the various sciences. the reason for it was not to hide it from the common man but to preserve it in its most pristine concise and usable form. the use of consonants alone to represent the values is the greatest ingenuity of the indian civilization, as it eliminates the error factor due to local dialects styles of reciting the shlokas. the very language sanskrit is by far the most sceintific language, it is the most perfect algebraic expression of the vocals/sounds which no other language on the earth can boast about. i am not writing this to glorify indian civilization but to put forward the fact that its the most perfrect mathematical expression of language/ art.the basic tenets of maths are captured in the 16 shlokas or sutras of vedic maths. the flexibility of interpretation covers a vast part of the mathematical cosmos, it is a feat of unimaginable genius of the peoples of this civilization. even the recording of the ephemeris during the various events elaborates the existence of an absolute cosmic clock. it is essential for the intellectuals of the world to come together and rediscover the advances of our civilization rather than waste precious resources in reinventing the same. for the world to survive the answer is here in the indian civilization and its knowledge base.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

it is essential for the intellectuals of the world to come together and rediscover the advances of our civilization rather than waste precious resources in reinventing the same. for the world to survive the answer is here in the indian civilization and its knowledge base.

Ah why do outsider need to discover these. Why don't the intellectuals of the Indian civiilzation just announce what they got?

Can you give us an example of what you claim the ancient Indians had that is of value?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is a fascinating subject..question: does vedic mathematics have it's foundation in any of this ancient knowledge? random question, perhaps, but it occurred to me that it might. I will research this whole topic further..

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There are skeptics and then there are believers. The skeptics dont owe the believers an answer, and vice versa. At the end it doesnt really matter. I have been a beleiver in science, and a skeptic but lately some things I have pondered over makes me re think if Im on the right path. Ill share some of them with you.

1) The ancients developed 0 ( Zero ). This is a proven fact. Now think about it, 0 is such a powerful concept, a quantification of nothing. It cant be the result of some random calculation. Infinity is derived from 0. Any number divided by 0 is Infinity. If numbers represent matter, then it is a creation of Infinity. Interestingly in Sanatan Dharma, every atma (living sould) comes out of the Paramatma whos depth is infinite. All our modern laws Newtonian and Einsteinian are based on the 'existance' of 0.

2) Modern science makes every use of imaginary numbers i which is root of -1. Root of a negative number does not exists, yet most theories are based on it.

3) Heisenberg's uncertainity principle. Many atomic principles work on the quantifications and modularity of the unknown. Science itself has so many unknowns yet science itself is considered objective. Does this mean theory of the unknown and objectiveness are inversely proportional ?

4) There have been many reported incidents of telepathy, UFO's , re incaration, ghosts, spirits, ESP and other para normal phenomena. Funny thing is even if one cases out of the reported 1 million case is true it proves para normal occurances occur even though very rare. This one case of proven para normal occurance is enough to bring the entire scientific theory down like a pack of cards.

Also being an Indian I will say Vedic and other ancient culture belonged to everyone. Back then there was no immigration, no race riots, and no religion. These divisions are fairly modern. Our ancients were much more than we can ever hope to be.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There are skeptics and there are believers. However at the end it does not really matter. We are what our brain tell us who we are, the world as we know it is electrical impluses perceived by our brain. This is how limited we our in our senses and our imagination. To think that this 'IS' the real world is quite irrational, again in my opinion.

It very hard to find physical evidence to support ancient civilizations. First if some evidence like this is discovered it will bring science as we know it crumbling down. Same applies to reported phenomena like ESP, UFO's, rebirth, ghosts and spirits. If any one of the millions of reported incidents is true what modern humanity knows comes crumbling down. Just like a pack of cards. Luckily so far no once has objective evidence of para normal phenomena. Someone told me to read a book 'Forbidden Archaeology' my Michael Cremo. I havent had time to read it but the synopsis of the books says that science has delibrately ignored some evidence that points to inaccuracies in Darwin's theory and there is substantial evidence that humans existed for a long time.

Being a skeptic I can say that is false, a figment of some imagination. It could be a figment of imagination. However what intrigues me is certain facts which exist, and that makes me ponder:

1) The number 0. The ancients developed it. A known fact. How deep is this concept, a quantification of nothing. This was developed thousands of years ago. No discovery or law whether Newtonian or Einstienen comes close to the discovery of zero. The foundation of modern science is based on zero. A civilization that could think of such an abstract concept as 0, and was capable of doing complex maths based on it, could surely have advanced physics and chemistry too.

2) If 0 was developed more than 5000 years ago, werent the mathematical means available to the ancients to expound there theories further. Look at Newtons's law. Sir Issac Newton discovered gravity and proved various laws of physics simply through mathematics. Newton died in 1727. From the discovery of Newton's law it has taken mere 250 years for man to start flying and goto space. are we implying that a man of Newton's calibre is born once in 5000 years ? Wont you agree that the person who developed zero was of a similar (if not more ) calibre ?

3) People who could develop 0 and had advanced alchemy were so dumb that they didnt know water boils at 100C and it vapor could be used to harness energy ? They had such a curious mind to disover the motion of planets but no motive to develop more practical systems ? Even if they were pure theorists they knew a lot for their 'primitiveness'.

4) People say where has all the evidence lost, and why doesnt India use those scripts for their benefit. There might be an explanation in India's history. When the Muslim's invaded they destroyed every lstanding structure. A university in central India ( Nalanda ) which had stored manuscripts dating generation old was burned to the ground. It burned and took with it ages of countless knowledge. The invaders burned and plundered temples which were also seats of learning. In ancient India religion and science were one and same. Sages who stayed in those temples and had thousands of years of wisdom passed to them, had their heads chopped off. Along with their heads went away years of theoritical knowledge.

However why did the sages not put their knowledge to use to defend themselves is unknown. Perhaps that civilization had devolved so much that only the theory remained, the practical knowledge to develop things was long lost.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by mrbond107]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by mrbond107]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It was very interesting to see people of non indian origin discussing in detail about the technological prowess of the ancient indian civilization.

The crux of the problem (as perceived by modern society) with the Indian Vedas and ancient texts are that they were supposed to be recited and memorized and not recorded in the form of texts.

The sound thus created can not be destroyed . The ether in the space retains and propagates the sound (the recited ones) into the space but in a different frequency. Anyone who really wishes to learn will be guided to tune in to the frequency and they can learn the same even after thousands of years after they were recited.

The inventor of Alternate Current Scientist Tesla even recorded similar sounds retrieved from the space, which proves this theory.

The problem with the modern education system and the scientific society is that they are deeply bound by the limitations of the system, which is actually against the free will needed by any scientist to explore and find new things.

In almost all the ancient Hindu sacred texts, you find arguments for and against any concept (may be in the form of Hero and Asura / villain). The concepts are discussed threadbare and the conclusion is arrived. Even in the epics like Ramayana or Mahabharatha, athiests existed and argued against the existaence of God. They all might not have been religious but all of them were spiritual.

The modern World Society (irrespective of the country, religion, race) should understand the ancient Indian wisdom in its true spirit and explore the ways of utilising the same for the betterment of the world society.

We all need the inner piece and are in great need of the Holistic approach for the good of Body, Mind & Soul in these turbulent crisis period.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Being an Indian myself, i take pride in my country's ancient heritage.
Being a Skeptic, I dont buy the bull about pantheon, the advanced weaponery (the nuclear astras, the sudarshan chakras) and vimanas.

Ancient India's contribution to Mathematics and Science is great.
That should do.

India went into a dark age..like the dark ages in Europe and now is climbing out of the darkness.
Thats about it.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join