It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Explains Why You're All Wrong About Antisemitism on the Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Who?

link   

originally posted by: Swills
Clearly they hate the left so I guess they're from the right? If so, it would make sense why they blame the progressive left instead of the conservative right.

You do realize that it isn't a zero sum game, right? There are a lot of centered people who hate the progressive left and the conservative right because neither group of asshats has enough of it right to gain the support of moderates and independents. (and no, I'm not suggesting I'm one of those moderates... I'll wear my buttcheeks on my head openly and say I'm even further right than Trump is.)

link   
a reply to: Domo1

What?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't think of Trump as being as right as most people seem to.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah, it politics where groups of people just can't seem to agree to anything. Meanwhile, the Dems and Repubs are working together behind the scenes fulfilling agendas for their donors, the elites. That said, I only see the right attacking the left and vice versa on ATS and I have no idea who those men are and do wonder where they fall, which I assume is not center. I could be wrong.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, Trump isn't at all what he seems. We're seeing the character that is Trump running for president. He's a salesmen and he's a pathological liar.

He's a snake.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

1.) You guys are so busy rebelling against things that you need to stop and look around. You are The Man now.

2.) You claim your coercion is backlash against our coercion. Well, two wrongs don't make a right.

Why on earth do you think I lean more libertarian on a lot of stuff. You feel forced? Or do you just resent society in general? Do you even know what or why society was the way it was? Do you think the people who set things up that way said, "Today, we are going to set out to oppress everyone with societal strictures! Huzzah! Tally ho!" Generally speaking, a lot of the things people scream are old, oppressive and need to change happen to be that way for a reason, mainly because they ended up being the most effective way of ordering society.

For example, a traditional marriage structure wasn't set up over millennia and through all those human societies because of universal gay hatred but instead because it was the best way to get and rear the next generation of that society in a stable manner. Children with a mommy and daddy have the best chance of being adequately provided for and the best chance of growing up reasonably well adjusted plus it helps with settling inheritance.

Or what about patriarchy? Realistically, men are larger and stronger and they do not suffer from being physically hampered by pregnancy and child rearing like women do. Not to mention, a society can lose a good chunk of its men and expect to re-propagate itself, but if it loses too many women, it will be severely crippled because women can only replace a population so quickly. It made sense culturally for men to be the aggressors and to fight and protect the women who nurtured the children.

Cultural roles do shift over time, but it should happen slowly and naturally, not coercively. Sure we women can choose to work now, but now society almost demands that we must, and our children suffer for it. Can we argue that the tradeoffs are worth the cultural shifts that have been forced on us? Now, a woman who wants to stay home and be mom is looked down on by society. Is that fair?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

He isnt a monster. Amazing. You dont like someone so they're a monster. Congrats.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Abysha

1.) You guys are so busy rebelling against things that you need to stop and look around. You are The Man now.

2.) You claim your coercion is backlash against our coercion. Well, two wrongs don't make a right.

Why on earth do you think I lean more libertarian on a lot of stuff. You feel forced? Or do you just resent society in general? Do you even know what or why society was the way it was? Do you think the people who set things up that way said, "Today, we are going to set out to oppress everyone with societal strictures! Huzzah! Tally ho!" Generally speaking, a lot of the things people scream are old, oppressive and need to change happen to be that way for a reason, mainly because they ended up being the most effective way of ordering society.

For example, a traditional marriage structure wasn't set up over millennia and through all those human societies because of universal gay hatred but instead because it was the best way to get and rear the next generation of that society in a stable manner. Children with a mommy and daddy have the best chance of being adequately provided for and the best chance of growing up reasonably well adjusted plus it helps with settling inheritance.

Or what about patriarchy? Realistically, men are larger and stronger and they do not suffer from being physically hampered by pregnancy and child rearing like women do. Not to mention, a society can lose a good chunk of its men and expect to re-propagate itself, but if it loses too many women, it will be severely crippled because women can only replace a population so quickly. It made sense culturally for men to be the aggressors and to fight and protect the women who nurtured the children.

Cultural roles do shift over time, but it should happen slowly and naturally, not coercively. Sure we women can choose to work now, but now society almost demands that we must, and our children suffer for it. Can we argue that the tradeoffs are worth the cultural shifts that have been forced on us? Now, a woman who wants to stay home and be mom is looked down on by society. Is that fair?

I think you are confused as to my opinion on the whole thing. I wasn't making a value statement. I was pointing out why it is happening and how it doesn't make either side "correct". There are more than one pendulum swinging and there are extremes active and oppressive on both sides, at any given time.

I lean towards the secular society side yet I know how unhealthy it is to push too hard just as I know how unhealthy it is for the religious right to push further. Both will snap if pushed too far and that is how you end up with ridiculous manifestations like Trump or (fill in the liberal equivalent). The Arabic comparison is to show the damage both sides can cause.

Only decades ago, Muslim culture in the region looked just like American culture, complete with convertibles and bell bottoms. When people like Nasser tried to take over with a Pan-Arabic secular rule (with force), it created the backlash and domino effect with the result you see today, with an oppressive Islamic fundamentalist culture. The same back-and-forth can be seen with European sexuality during the 20th century through both world wars and things swinging from extreme fundamentalism (or conservatism, depending on the nation) to liberalism and back again.

Coercion on both sides exist and it is never healthy for society.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What's driving more people towards Trump isn't the "progressive left" but fallout from more than three decades of Reaganomics.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Look at his enemies. If Soros hates him, Clinton hates him, BLM hates him etc... don't you think that's a good sign?

Listen I'm not saying he's very much the lesser of two (or 3) evils, but his stronger points for me are wanting to implement a new healthcare system (important) doing something before we turn into Europe, not kowtowing to every snowflake and that he's not Bernie or Hillary.
edit on 2420160320161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry but i think he's wrong. I see an uprising of anti semitism. And what i'm finding is that the Royal illuminati families are pushing this. They are putting fake news stories on BBC news depicting Israelis as monsters, and the storie end up being totally fake. They are also putting fake stories about Israel on Associated Press, which is owned by Rothschilds. And the photos they use are found to be taken out of context and used to put out fake stories. The youtube channel "honestReporting" has proof of these fake stories to depict Israel in a negative light to start a Neo Nazi movement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join