It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Explains Why You're All Wrong About Antisemitism on the Internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I thought some of you would enjoy would enjoy this video. There is some language in it, so be forewarned.

The gentleman talks about how the "progressive left" has pushed people to a point where they want someone like Donald Trump, how much of the hate speech you see are youngsters trying to get a rise out of the older generations, and how the older generations take the bait.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Does rock and punk music not do it anymore? Baggy pants and internet lingo not confuse and irritate the older crowd?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Without watching the video, can you please describe the "progressive left" in more detail?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

No.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That man embodies the truth that entitled and privileged people think they are oppressed when faced with equality.

It is true that fundamentalism is often a backlash response to coercive secularism (most obvious proof is the rabid fundie pockets of Arab culture spawned as backlash against western colonialism and secular nationalism) but it doesn't mean it is "correct" or "justified".

Identifying the cause of something bad doesn't make that thing good.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow,

While this was interesting to watch I realize not many are going to watch it because of their predisposed Bias about anything that paints either side in a negative light, but the guy with the plastic molded whitish hair in the video just have a good point.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Thank you for watching! I thought he made some excellent points.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It seems like the point I got the most is how the current youngsters with no frame of reference are using ideas that 20 years ago would have been shocking and vulgar, and may have been a crime 30 years ago as the way of trolling the older generations because it gets a reaction...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

That man embodies the truth that entitled and privileged people think they are oppressed when faced with equality.

He doesn't get any privilege points for being a homosexual?

It is true that fundamentalism is often a backlash response to coercive secularism (most obvious proof is the rabid fundie pockets of Arab culture spawned as backlash against western colonialism and secular nationalism) but it doesn't mean it is "correct" or "justified".

Are you really going to equate the backlash against speech oppression to fundamental "pockets" of Arab culture?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oh extremely.

I get how you can almost draw a parallel

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

He doesn't get any privilege points for being a homosexual?

Are you really going to equate the backlash against speech oppression to fundamental "pockets" of Arab culture?

I absolutely will because it is right in front of us. If you study Arabic Islamic history, you will see direct parallels between their times of golden ages and autonomy vs times of oppressive fundamentalism spurred by coercive secularism.

Yes, this cultural backlash against PC culture is because of a coercive left backing certain attitudes into corners but that doesn't mean those attitudes are not wrong.

And no, Milo is not free of privilege just because he's gay. Ask any rich white gay man if they feel oppressed.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Oa reply to: Domo1

Charismatic young fella isn't he? He makes some excellent points and his stance on anti-semitism is bang on too.

Some people are simply OCD towards labelling & pigeon-holing every individual they meet into neat little (albeit inaccurate) confirmation bias categories.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Oa reply to: Domo1

Charismatic young fella isn't he? He makes some excellent points and his stance on anti-semitism is bang on too.

Some people are simply OCD towards labelling & pigeon-holing every individual they meet into neat little (albeit inaccurate) confirmation bias categories.

Yeah, he is not without his points. The host, in general is a champion against the "regressive" left (he's liberal, though) where we damage ourselves in the effort to not offend. I think Milo could learn a lot from him in regards to finding fault where it is without giving into the hype of either side.

Common sense is not as subjective as people insist it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I would say Trump is a direct creation of the GOP. They created this monster and now they're trying to contain it. I have no idea who those men are in the video but where do they swing politically? Clearly they hate the left so I guess they're from the right? If so, it would make sense why they blame the progressive left instead of the conservative right.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
No, there is no homophobia.

Except that caused by Milo Yiannopoulos and his bleached hair, wig, or whatever it is. And his bizarre love for Trump.

That truly is a love that dare not speak its name.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Perhaps you should examine your wording:

coercive secularism

What exactly does coercive mean? More specifically, what do you think it means?

Now why on earth do you think people might backlash against being coerced into anything?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Perhaps you should examine your wording:

coercive secularism

What exactly does coercive mean? More specifically, what do you think it means?

Now why on earth do you think people might backlash against being coerced into anything?

It means what it sounds like. I am not defending it; it is a progression of societal flows and ebbs. Coercive secularism is simply the non-religious backlash just as oppressive fundamentalism is the religious backlash. Neither are good things.

I was just pointing out that identifying the cause of a problem does not make that problem justified.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Abysha because: eh...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Does rock and punk music not do it anymore? Baggy pants and internet lingo not confuse and irritate the older crowd?

Well, Ozzy's 67, Johnny Rotten is 60 and Joey Ramone would have turned 66 this year, MC Hammer is 53, and "L33T SP34K" dates back to the mid 80s when BBS users in their 20's created it (they're all in their late 50s, early 60s now)...

Why would those things confuse and irritate the generation that created them to irritate their parents?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh I absolutely agree that the GOP has a lot to do with this.

It's a perfect poo storm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join