It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders and Trump similarities. A thought Should Sanders be robbed of his nomination.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
what a man/woman states as their stance on any issue must be considered along with the character of the person. i believe that trumps business record as evidence is enough to invalidate his consideration. so no i do not believe it is a popularity contest but claiming im a christian and love those two corinthians doesnt make me one. you have to see his hypocrisy

Where is the filthy rich philanthropist Roosevelt family tree when truly needed (just one; felled not far from Teddy or Franklin's roots) and remained in politics as were BOTH OUTSTANDING Presidents, ironically one a Republican the other a Democrat.
edit on 23-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: CrazyWater

January 2016 – Donald Trump Warned Brussels, Belgium – The New York Times Mocked Him For It…
Warming to his theme, he added that Brussels was in a particularly dire state. “You go to Brussels — I was in Brussels a long time ago, 20 years ago, so beautiful, everything is so beautiful — it’s like living in a hellhole right now,” Mr. Trump continued.

Trump predicted it and was mocked; Glenn Beck predicted this and was mocked as well; as far back as 2013.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Trump is all about Free will

Then why does he silence protesters or opposition in his rallies with violence?

individual liberties FOR OUR PEOPLE. Not others outside our borders. That would be unconstitutional if he was.

Yet he advocates to target Terrorists families, do you know how many home grown terrorists here in the US have familliles that reside in the US?

He advocates for a lot of things that are against the constitution.

You should listen to more of what he actually says then what you WANT to hear.

Trump is a for a STRICT interpretation of the Constitution

Trump doesnt know anything about the constitution, hes proven that over and over again, Im not a huge Ted Cruz fan but at least the man knows the constitution. He spent his whole professional life fighting for it in a court of law, even against sitting presidents and WINNING.

If Trump knows so much about it, why does he look like such a fool trying to debate it against Ted?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, Bernie, who's entire campaign is based on getting money out of politics is supposed to be aligned with Trump, who is admittedly part of the corruption process where the corporate elite "buy" friends and favors? Really grasping.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

January 2016 – Donald Trump Warned Brussels, Belgium – The New York Times Mocked Him For It…

Warming to his theme, he added that Brussels was in a particularly dire state. “You go to Brussels — I was in Brussels a long time ago, 20 years ago, so beautiful, everything is so beautiful — it’s like living in a hellhole right now,” Mr. Trump continued.

again how is this a prediction?

he made a general statement, much like many other people have made about that whole region that took an influx of "refugees"

Where did he say something was going to happen in Brussels.

You wouldnt accept this as a prediction on ATS from another member, but somehow this is from Trump, christ the koolaid is strong

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How can Trump be considered a libertarian when he's proposing cracking down on Mosques and creating databases to track Muslims?

He's an authoritarian

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
How can Trump be considered a libertarian when he's proposing cracking down on Mosques and creating databases to track Muslims?

He's an authoritarian

I'd say he's a Nationalist. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

what?

The protesters paid for by George Soros are trying to silence him.

I assume you are referring to the 2 incidents involving like 4 people in total?

yeah the agitators walked past thousands of people who did nothing to them even though they came there to deprive Trump supporters a chance to hear a valid candidate,

like they tried to bar access to a peaceful rally in Az

or cancelled an event in Chicago

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
So let me get this straight, Bernie, who's entire campaign is based on getting money out of politics is supposed to be aligned with Trump, who is admittedly part of the corruption process where the corporate elite "buy" friends and favors? Really grasping.

Sanders has a 'grass roots campaign; Trump is self funding (its the same thing) no money accepted from sources (big money Devil) comes back to claim the rights on your soul sold; blackmail you (already bought your soul by funding you) in Congressional voting for bills and the invisible small print pork attached.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

no, he is talking about people NOT in this country, not citizens.

if he extended his powers not in the constitution to protect non citizens that would not be very constitutional. and not very libertarian.

edit on 3 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

He's an authoritarian

Is that a movement attached to Ayn Rands "Objectivism"? Rand; Rand, seems very familiar lately in recent politics; relatives? Sur name Paul?
I have never heard of Authoritarianism; sounds suspiciously like 'tyranny' or 'dictatorship' as PR hoax; sound it out: a. kinder. nicer. wording of a potentially very evil concept.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

If you really believe that Sanders and Trump have so much in common then why would you choose to vote for the guy who is part the "donor class?" The guy appealing to the very worst impulses in people to get himself elected?

I don't believe for a second that you would vote for Sanders against any of the GOP candidates — probably not against any of the original seventeen GOP candidates. Yet here you are pretending to believe that Trump and Sanders share so much in common in terms of positions that Trump is the best alternative if Sanders doesn't get the nomination.

They are both the subject of ridicule and an all out media blitz by MSM and the bilderbergers who own it. They have in essence declared war on them both.

He brings the ridicule on himself. He's been ridiculed in the media for decades because he's crass, lacks self-awareness and involves himself in ridiculous things, brings frivolous lawsuits and gets into feuds with comedians because he isn't man enough to shrug off jokes. All reality TV stars are wide open to ridicule as far as I'm concerned. He's a Kardashian of crony capitalism.

Sanders really isn't ridiculed in any media I consume. Maybe you have that impression because of your choices in media sources?

Hillary via George Soros sent protesters to Trump rallies with Bernie shirts so as to make both Candidates go after each others. Both have simply played the higher ground and not reacted in response.

Proof?

If Bernie is going to be robbed of his nomination by Clinton trying to protect the interests of the establishment instead of the American people, the only hope for these Anti-Establishment voters would be Trump.

Stirring. If Sanders gets the most pledged delegates, he will get the nomination. The Democrats aren't looking to piss off their voters, particularly not millennials.

We dont have to like him, but we can ALL believe in what he stands for.

... or people can dislike him and not willfully ignore that he's the biggest liar of the bunch.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

No one said he was a psychic. Just that he was right about his assessment of the situation and people laughed.

THEY WERE WRONG. Something did happen.

If they had listened instead of making fun of him people would not have died.

The laughs were short lived

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

if you want proof, look to the thread I made about the nature of the protesters and their sourcewww.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanders is behind Hillary in delegates by ALLOT. He is not getting the nomination.

The rest of your post is Trump bashing.....yawn

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

if he extended his powers not in the constitution to protect non citizens that would not be very constitutional. and not very libertarian.

Libertarian? lol. Are simply trying to convince people that Trump is whatever they want him to be?

Would a libertarian be for a tariff war? No.
Would a libertarian be for building a wall? No. In fact, many hardcore libertarians tend to support open borders as does the LP.
Would a libertarian be for the Patriot Act? No.
Would a libertarian say this:

We’re going to have to do things that we never did before,” he said. “And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule. And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

Which btw completely contradicts this from you: "no, he is talking about people NOT in this country, not citizens."

I have my fair share of disagreement with modern American libertarians who are lousy with Austrian economics but I know libertarian positions. There's nothing particularly libertarian about Donald Trump.

Are you sure you know what a libertarian is?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yeah I read that. It's not proof. Trump's friend of 30+ years, his one time personal lobbyist/fixer (yeah he's no crony capitalist), a self-described dirty trickster and former campaign adviser offered up some speculation that may or may not even have been genuine (speculation) and that's proof?

At least there was an email when they were accusing Trump of paying supporters early in his campaign (whatever became of that?).

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

He wants to curb immigration like Sanders to protect US wages...a wall is a method to that end but he is all for immigration reform like sanders
Trump is not for closed borders. He is for legal immigration like sanders.

He is destroying tariffs on US goods. That is something that reduces freedom of market choice to US citizens.

He wants to dismantle domestic spying, like the patriot act makes possible by targeting US citizens.

Where do you even get all this from?

Quotes from MSM taken out of context to set a narrative?

why not just go to his campaign website and review his platform?

This is absurd.

EDIT TO ADD:

Hard core libertarians? Dont you mean progressives (self labeled) who advocate for authoritarian interpretations of law?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

so you dont agree. ok

well that much is obvious.

thanks for YOUR opinion. The rest of us can form our own,

also what you think disqualifies him as a libertarian does not match libertarian beliefs....tariffs?

lol

BTW Roger Stone is a HIGHLY respected opposition researcher and long time political strategist. You are alone in dismissing him. He is a gold standard and not any ones lobbyist

you made that up, since you know nothing about him.

He is not liked very much by anyone since he is a hard line opponent to free trade.

also, he was consulted and then let go for the Trump campaign. Trump is not using him and has not for a long time now, making him an independent source for these claims.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The protesters paid for by George Soros are trying to silence him.

Deflection.

Even if that is the case, what difference does it make, Freedom of speech is a constitutional amendment, he CHOOSES to advocate violence against them and instead of engaging in dialog, having them removed forecfully or advocating people beat them and he will pay their lawyers fees, that is NOT pro constitution.

assume you are referring to the 2 incidents involving like 4 people in total?

There have been more than 2 cases of violence at Trump rallies

yeah the agitators walked past thousands of people who did nothing to them even though they came there to deprive Trump supporters a chance to hear a valid candidate,

Again more deflection and not addressing the point. If Trump is pro constitution, why does he advocate violence against those who disagree with him?

Freedom of speech isnt there just for things we agree with, its there because the founders knew there would be things we DIDNT agree with and they deserve a voice too. Trump isnt interested in that.

like they tried to bar access to a peaceful rally in Az or cancelled an event in Chicago

And those that broke the law should stand for that, but again, you are not answering anything I said, youre trying to detract and project blame

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah I read that. It's not proof. Trump's friend of 30+ years, his one time personal lobbyist/fixer (yeah he's no crony capitalist), a self-described dirty trickster and former campaign adviser offered up some speculation that may or may not even have been genuine (speculation) and that's proof?

At least there was an email when they were accusing Trump of paying supporters early in his campaign (whatever became of that?).

NONE of this matters to his supporters

Trump is an authoritarian, not libertarian, by any means.

We saw this with Obama supporters, and now were seeing it with the rights version being Trump

Common sense and Truth does not matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join