It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders and Trump similarities. A thought Should Sanders be robbed of his nomination.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Still not OUR PEOPLE he would go after in this context.

Obama was popular and everyone liked his mannerisms.

He sold authoritarian ideology under the guise of extreme leftist ideologies (progressive, self label)

Say he didnt.....LOL

edit on 3 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Ask yourself the same questions.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Unkind? Truth hurts! I can't help your "feelings". Only you can.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

Most likely they don't. At least, not a western concept of it.

They are westerners; or at least live westwardly (not so wild anymore) and perhaps not apprised to the intricate/delicate balance of what the East offers to a Judaeo/Christian: Hinduism; Gnosticism, Buddhism, Confusionism, Shinto, Islam.
edit on 24-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I am very well versed on the laws of "assault weapons."

In 1994, Bernie voted in favor of HR 4296 Regulation of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons, which made it "unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon."

votesmart.org...

Although incorrect, the government's definition of an "assault weapon" includes many semi automatic weapons such as the AR-15.

I am not saying he is anti-gun, but I wouldn't call him PRO gun.
edit on 24-3-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Unkind? Truth hurts! I can't help your "feelings". Only you can.

That was an observation only. I am a singular being that has a perspective is all. Your truth cannot touch me as it does not resonate with my truth. I felt nothing but compassion for you is all.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Because they live there doesn't make them "native". It's not rocket science. Hindu, buda ..blah and blah. You don't go "foreign" in someone elses "country". I'm an American. I couldn't be Chinese, Mexican, Canadian or whatever, if I wanted to! I'd have to adapt or be overcome. ..It's not complicated.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

" Oh you mean the president, who under Trumps administration could target terrorist families? "

What about the Families that are targeted by Terrorists Organizations ? They are Non Combatants , can that also be said about the Families of the Members of Terrorists Organizations ? If the Intent of Terrorists Attacks on Civilian Targets is to commit the Murder of Innocents according to their Irrational Religious Beliefs , then the Only Response for such acts by Any Civilized Society is Retribution , sometimes resulting in Unintended Collateral Damage . This is War , people Die in them . Your supposition that if elected President , Mr. Trump would be a violent and authoritarian World Leader Towards such a Threat to World Peace would be Welcome by many Americans who Realize the possibility of the Threat of Terrorism escalating out of Control around the Globe . Your Logic is Flawed when it comes to this Situation IMO .
edit on 24-3-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Your compassion does not resonate with me. But I thank you for the thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I am very well versed on the laws of "assault weapons."
In 1994, Bernie voted in favor of HR 4296 Regulation of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons, which made it "unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon."
votesmart.org...
Although incorrect, the government's definition of an "assault weapon" includes many semi automatic weapons such as the AR-15 .I am not saying he is anti-gun, but I wouldn't call him PRO gun.

FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPONS BAN. How more clear can I be? Semi automatic weapons would describe every other gun manufactured EVER other than single shot black powder firearms.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

It's very "clear". To "clear",.. really.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

It's very "clear". To "clear",.. really.

Yes; take (hear) your own good advice.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Polar Opposites .

Yes they are and is why so confounding and interesting. They actually meet in the middle of a muddle.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Because they live there doesn't make them "native". It's not rocket science. Hindu, buda ..blah and blah. You don't go "foreign" in someone elses "country". I'm an American. I couldn't be Chinese, Mexican, Canadian or whatever, if I wanted to! I'd have to adapt or be overcome. ..It's not complicated.

So confusing; random people living all over the world map as if they own it (why do they insist upon doing this).

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Still not OUR PEOPLE he would go after in this context.

Uh says who? Because he damn sure hasnt specified and even if he did , he changes his mind every 30 seconds.

Obama was popular and everyone liked his mannerisms.

Are you really being this dense or are you trolling, surely you can see this hypocrisy?

He sold authoritarian ideology under the guise of extreme leftist ideologies (progressive, self label)

And Trump is selling authoritarian ideology under the guise of conservatism........

Please please tell me you are trolling, because if you arent the alternative means, well in Trumps own words

"I love uneducated people, uneducated people are my favorite people"

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What about the Families that are targeted by Terrorists Organizations

What does it matter, I thought we were a nation of laws?

can that also be said about the Families of the Members of Terrorists Organizations

Considering not all families are complicit in the actions of their own, YES, I have a brother that is a violent felon, should I be targeted because he cant control himself and makes bad decisions? Should we appoint one person as Judge, Jury and executioner? Are you willing to uphold that when someone you dont like takes office?

If the Intent of Terrorists Attacks on Civilian Targets is to commit the Murder of Innocents according to their Irrational Religious Beliefs , then the Only Response for such acts by Any Civilized Society is Retribution , sometimes resulting in Unintended Collateral Damage

My husband was a Special Forces Operator, collateral damage is not the same as targeting innocent people, and that is NOT what Trump meant, Even when asked to clarify his statement he did NOT articulate that, dont get it twisted.

This is War , people Die in them . Your supposition that if elected President , Mr. Trump would be a violent and authoritarian World Leader Towards such a Threat to World Peace would be Welcome by many Americans who Realize the possibility of the Threat of Terrorism escalating out of Control around the Globe

The rest of the world polls on Trump do not agree with you on that. You might want to fact check that before you just start spouting rhetoric and opinion because THEY say different. The solution to the threat on terrorism is not a terrorist in the highest office of the land, its a man with a steady hand and measured but firm response to conflict. Not a spoiled Rich boy with an ego problem and the need to prove something.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

All you offer is rhetoric.

How nice for you.

So far you have not contested my evidence with anything other than your own personal doubt.

That is a weak argument appealing to sentiment and founded on the same sort of snake oil you say he peddles.

What ever

I dont speak to opinion. We all have one of those.

Show me facts, as I have been asked to, and have been baggered after offering by nothing verifiable in response.

Enjoy your opinion that is not CONvincing anyone.

You ring like a MSM bell. The same story, bias and spin.

Really, give me a source I can contest or accept or dont bother replying.

edit on 3 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Your compassion does not resonate with me. But I thank you for the thought.

Compassion encompasses "GRACE". It is the recognition of another eternal soul or sentient being similarly valid (existing).

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Vote Smart's Synopsis:

Vote to pass a bill that bans certain semiautomatic assault weapons.

Highlights:

"Bans the manufacture, sale, or possession of nineteen semiautomatic assault weapons (SAW) and other firearms that carry similar characteristics."

The government considers semi-automatic rifles like AR-15 variants, along with a handful of other semi-automatic firearms, to be assault weapons.

Per the HR: thomas.loc.gov...:1:./temp/~c103fNJyTs::
(Pay close attention to section B)

(30) The term `semiautomatic assault weapon' means--
`(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms, known as--
`(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
`(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
`(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
`(iv) Colt AR-15;
`(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
`(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
`(vii) Steyr AUG;
`(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and
`(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
`(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
`(iii) a bayonet mount;
`(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
`(v) a grenade launcher;
`(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--
`(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
`(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
`(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
`(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
`(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and
`(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
`(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
`(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
`(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

Sanders voted yes on this bill which bans the possession of certain semi-automatic weapons.

To prevent derailing the thread anymore I suggest you read the bill he voted yes on.
edit on 24-3-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What in the world does that have to do with Donald Trump's position? I'm familiar with the Patriot Act and USA Freedom Act. To refresh your memory, this is what you said (my bold):

He wants to dismantle domestic spying, like the patriot act makes possible by targeting US citizens. Where do you even get all this from? Quotes from MSM taken out of context to set a narrative? why not just go to his campaign website and review his platform? This is absurd.

To which I responded:

Again, please back this up with something other than you saying that's what Trump wants to do. There's no shortage of Donald Trump talking. His campaign does make statement to the press. His Twitter account is active. He's got a website with sections for stating these positions. Where' the P-R-O-O-F of what you're saying?

Now I realize there were a couple of typos (it's been a long day) but I don't believe a couple missing S's should have rendered my words so incomprehensible that you would really believe pasting an excerpt from the Patriot Act Wikipedia page would be an appropriate response.

Again:

Prove that Donald Trump has ever said or that his campaign has ever stated that he "wants to dismantle domestic spying"

If you can't do that, the inescapable conclusion is that you're simply making up things.
edit on 2016-3-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join