It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders and Trump similarities. A thought Should Sanders be robbed of his nomination.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So with the election moving along, and the nominees almost selected, it looks like a Trump VS Clinton election.

I wanted to see the differences in these options that Bernie voters who are Anti Establishment mostly will be left with.

Here is a comparison of Trump and Bernie to see what could motivate ALL establishment votes-

Both oppose the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal and North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement.
Both support maintaining or expanding current levels of Social Security benefits.
Both support upper-income tax hikes.
Both oppose the current role of money in politics
Both opposed the Iraq war
Both oppose increased immigration and see it as detrimental to working-class wages.
Both have supported single-payer health care.

Sanders:
"I am very proud to be the only candidate up here who does not have a superPAC, who is not raising huge sums of money from Wall Street or special interests."

Trump:
"I don’t want their money, I’m gonna do the right thing for the American public. I don’t want their money, I don’t need their money and I’m the only one up here that can say that."

Sanders:
"We need to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure, invest $1 trillion in our roads and our bridges and our rail system."

Trump:
"We have infrastructure that we have to fix, we have bridges and roads and tunnels and everything’s falling apart."

Sanders:
"We need trade policies that are fair for the American worker, fair for poor people around the world, and not just designed to make the CEOs of multinational corporations even richer than they are today."

Trump:
"We need fair trade, not free trade. We need fair trade. It’s gotta be fair."

Sanders:
"What we must do is say, of course we’re not going to cut Social Security but we are going to expand Social Security benefits."

Trump:
"We’re not gonna cut your Social Security and we’re not cutting your Medicare. We’re gonna take jobs back from all these countries that are ripping us off. We’re going to become a wealthy country again we’re going to be able to save your Social Security."

Trump and Sanders both are for restrictions on illegal immigration in consideration of US jobs. Sanders warns that immigration depresses American wages and contributes to youth unemployment.

Sanders and Trump both oppose the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) that was the sell out Clinton gave us. Mrs Clinton will not oppose NAFTA even though it only helps corporations and hurts both third world nations and Americans equally.

Both Trump and Bernie oppose the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement. Hillary Clinton crafted that agreement personally as Secretary of State.

Both have a pro-Second Amendment stance.

Trump and Sanders both advocate for a light international foot print. They have different methods. The end result is an end to war for profit, and a call on other international partners to step up their efforts as we take a more reserved role internationally.

Trump and Sanders both see Israel as having the right and obligation to solve its own problems. They support Israel dealing DIRECTLY with Iran and Palestine and negotiating WITHOUT the UN since it has been largely to blame for the quagmire that serves globalist agendas.

Both are opposed by bilderbergers and are trying to do things like audit the Fed and end large government subsidies to private for profit entities. (Corporate welfare)

They are both the subject of ridicule and an all out media blitz by MSM and the bilderbergers who own it. They have in essence declared war on them both.

Hillary via George Soros sent protesters to Trump rallies with Bernie shirts so as to make both Candidates go after each others.
Both have simply played the higher ground and not reacted in response.

In short,

If Bernie is going to be robbed of his nomination by Clinton trying to protect the interests of the establishment instead of the American people, the only hope for these Anti-Establishment voters would be Trump

We dont have to like him, but we can ALL believe in what he stands for.

This is an interesting election to say the least. In the end it SHOULD HAVE BEEN a Bernie and Trump election.

Hillary is pulling ALL her dirty tricks to steal the Democratic nomination. Bernie cant endorse Trump now since he is still trying to win. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bipartisan show of support should he be unjustly booted by Clinton. It would make sense to extend an olive branch to Trump once that happens....since ultimately they both want to end the establishments hold over our country.

Thanks for your time.

HAVE A GOOD ONE.
HOLD IT DOWN.

edit on 3 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The means justifying the ends and all that...

I think you'll find you missed a few very important differences, that Sanders voters in all good consciousness, could not vote for a slime ball like Trump.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

BUT

they could vote for a slime ball corporate shill, murderer, criminal, sleaze ball who sold out our country to the establishment? A warmonger who wants to send everyone and their mother to war for profit, is a corporate welfare proponent and so so much more?

REALLY?

MMMMkay

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Well said, tadaman. My hope is that Trump tones down some of the fear politics, which I don't think he truly believes in anyhow. I think some of the vile comments he's made were just playing to the portion of the electorate collected together by folks like Karl Rove (fear terrorists to gain support, like when Cheney threatened another terrorist attack if W-Bush were to lose re-election.)

If he can do that and focus more on freedom and bravery than cowardice and rights-crushing, then I can, in good conscience, vote for him rather than abstaining (should Hilary "get" the nomination.)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sanders voter...no way no how ever in a million years at gun point never ever would i vote for trump he is what is wrong with this country.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I understand that.

He is a proponent of a strict interpretation of the constitution. All the hype about him opposed to individual rights is taken out of context since t is focused on NON Us citizens.

He more closely resembles an anti federalist. 100% respect for the constitution as a document of negative powers for the government. That always translates into more personal freedoms.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
just so i am clear. Sanders gets my vote no matter what even if i have to write him in come november.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

BUT

they could vote for a slime ball corporate shill, murderer, criminal, sleaze ball who sold out our country to the establishment? A warmonger who wants to send everyone and their mother to war for profit, is a corporate welfare proponent and so so much more?

REALLY?

MMMMkay

No, they probably won't vote at all.

But deflecting to Hillary bashing is a sure sign of right wing weakness.

Fearing Hillary is understandable...
She is your next Pres after all.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

I dont see how since as far as economy and foreign policy they are in line with each other.

To each his own I guess.

I just dont see it as a popularity contest. Its about the issues, not the candidates.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I have not Hillary bashed. I criticized her policy and method. I mentioned her style of leadership that includes murder and subversion of the democratic process.

It sounds bad because it is.

I actually tried not to mention her at all.

She is pro establishment so really doesnt even belong in a thread considering anti establishment choices.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I understand some of your points about the similarities but there is one major difference.

Hillary stole the election WAY before the first ballot was cast. Trump hasn't had his stolen yet. He will.... it just hasn't happened yet.

Knowing full well that we are all getting screwed once again, my only hope is that in all this madness at least SOME people who never thought about it before... start to see that it's all rigged. Its all fixed. It has been so for quite some time. Perhaps some time in (hopefully) the not too distant future a person much smarter and more charismatic than me will come along and fix this mess.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I have not Hillary bashed.

Yes, you did.

I bashed Trump, and then you proceeded to excessively use adjectives to bash Hillary.

Don't hide from it.
Embrace it.

doesnt even belong in a thread considering anti establishment choices.

Then might I suggest you have a quiet word with yourself, because you brought her into it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well then.......

LOL

How about dont bash when we could instead have a rational debate. Perhaps that is why you think I bashed. Because that is what you did and thought I would reapond like wise.

I only stated FACTS. Bashing would be insulting her by calling her ugly or somerhing.

I said things that were true.

They sound bad because they are bad...still true.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I wouldn't say Sanders is pro 2nd as he supports an "assault weapons" ban.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

What facts?

All you did was spew right wing talking points and conspiracy theories

Those aren't facts

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

True, but he is neutral otherwise and has a good history and relationship with the NRA.

Assault weapons are not sports weapons, hunting or any of that. Its about military weapons.

Still, I get what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Stop calling me right wing. That paradigm is old.

I am a centrist slightly right of center with some leftist ideals.

Libertarian, realist....AN AMERICAN

The old play book doesnt work.

WE ARE ALL ANTI ESTABLISHMENT:

ARE YOU?

So if they were not facts you should be able to easily refute them WITH FACTS. Right?

Dont bother to make a new post, just edit yours to include them, as another post about Clinton would be off topic.

Also, this is NOT about Clinton. Stay on topic.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I wouldn't say Sanders is pro 2nd as he supports an "assault weapons" ban.

He supported the FULLY automatic weapons ban; not assault rifles. As a private citizen you can own these but have to have a federal tax stamp AND FBI clearance to possess one (lots of bucks are involved/exchanged for this privilege of ownership). In the majority of states fully auto weapons were ALREADY banned by individual State's Law.
edit on 23-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

This being the same Sanders that boasts about his F Rating with the NRA on voting record?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

nypost.com...

edition.cnn.com...

Sanders was always liked by the NRA. Voting by politicians can be a "no" for a single clause or issue thrown in. They can love a whole bill but one clause can cause them to turn it down.

Its not so simple.

The fact is he supports our 2nd like Trump for many reasons.

The main being that it is part of our constitution and both respect it. They are anti-federalists

<<   2  3  4 >>

join