It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Babymetal Addiction Center and Support Group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Latest Babymetal vid came out today (on this day in history for people of the future who read this thread...in your space jetpacks on mars eating lasers and palling around with astro-turr'ists!)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Linky no work

are you aware the new album is out very soon? Metal resistance

must have

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Link works now, and downloaded.

Ta muchly.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
Link works now, and downloaded.

Ta muchly.

Yeah, and its sounding pretty good
Pity I wont be able to make it to their concert. They are about to kick off and they got a huge one prepped for Wembley. I think their biggest concert yet, gonna be videos and all sorts of things being made.

I love how they are now officially a force to be reckoned with as hard metal critics and commentators are coming out in support of them

Babymetal gets props by legends, critics, fans, etc.
and tbh, those girls deserve every ounce of success. they have one of those personalities you want to see have endless good things happen to. pretty sure their smiles keep away the space terrors and the unspeakable horrors of the night.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Here's a cool article on the faces behind the band, and how they came to be. Quite interesting.

donotcrossthestreams.wordpress.com...

My Eggplant Died Yesterday. Damn, I wish I had thought of that one.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Here's a cool article on the faces behind the band, and how they came to be. Quite interesting.

donotcrossthestreams.wordpress.com...

My Eggplant Died Yesterday. Damn, I wish I had thought of that one.

hmm, read the article and with understanding its a couple years old, I am gonna sort of object to a few premises

First, the whole entire opening paragraph or two discussing the western view that babymetal was either just a) those crazy japs at it again, or b) seemingly universally rejected as metal. Now yes, even today you still get the odd person wandering in with the unintentional racism while thinking this is some kooky japanese stunt, and certainly there are a few holdout metalheads not ready to give props (stupidly), as a whole I cant remember in the history of music anything blowing up and accepted at face value soo quickly. I can see someone who only listened to say, iine, as passing it off as both not a metal band, just pop with a moment or two of funzys. Or if it was doki doki morning it would be..yep, Japan kinda moment again, but after a couple songs, you quickly realize those songs are the odd man out to what is a pop influenced metal band.

Also, any article that doesn't even mention Koba when discussing metal roots simply is missing a huge part of origins. Otherwise, yeah. the designer(s) were going for a new brand for a old game of idols, seeing markets that already existed, explore things that worked and didnt, and voila..a new attempt. What isn't being said in this article is also interesting though

Metal music in japan was in a downward spiral in sales and simply appreciation. pop music will always be a safe bet (hint is in the title of course) but pop music in japan will pretty much stay in japan. Japan is cool but they suck pretty bad at exporting music culture, so they seemingly dont bother.

The more interesting ommision is the discussion of Sakura Gakuin, which still confuses me deeply as to just what that was, but somewhere in there is when babymetal was formed through the..well, heavy music club.

the culture is soo strange that is hard to wrap my head around..often just nodding and smiling while trying to hide my ignorance. Anyhow, the origins is pretty complex when you factor in all the things lining up, especially when you take the lead vocals story, Sazuka, and add her in the mix of origin considerations.

But hey...maybe its best to simply claim the Fox God did it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Don't look at me, I don't know squat. I just found that article on another site where I posted this band, after reading this thread.

Funny, they went a Googling and posted this thread on that site. A hearty laugh went out when I saw that. Kudos.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
especially when you take the lead vocals story, Sazuka, and add her in the mix of origin considerations.

D:

I screwed that one up...her name is Suzuka. Suzuka Nakamoto
not sure what my finges were thinking with Sa.
I have failed and am now cursed by the fox gods

edit on 31-3-2016 by SaturnFX because: double fail

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Great article! These are my exact sentiments and actions also. I found myself throwing the fox sign, learning Japanese words, watching an inordinate amount of interviews, learning their back story. I'm obsessed. I can't stop. I'm cranking their songs in the car now and listening to it at work. And when I'm not the songs are bouncing around in my head on their own. I don't care that they're not some rock band from Seattle or Metal band from UK and came from some formula. It's a formula that works. It is making world peace. They are adorable. They rock. The high energy of the music and dancing makes me tired like I'm the one performing.

Give me BabyMetal all day every day. New album is setting in now. Wasn't crazy about a lot of the songs at first but now they're starting to grow on me already. There is pure musical and video genius in this band. It's like they figured out how to activate that addictive part of your brain through sound and video.

I even sprung for expensive tickets to an upcoming show (was so shocked and happy they were coming so soon). I'm eccstatic. Thanks for the article. What does the fox say? Only the fox god knows!

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HTWingNut
New album is setting in now.

I even sprung for expensive tickets to an upcoming show (was so shocked and happy they were coming so soon). I'm eccstatic.

Congrats on the tickets. lucky. Their big concert is going on today in Wembley, UK, then eventually over to the states. sadly I cant make any of it. guess I will get their next tour..or just watch em in virtual reality if koba gets on the tech..its freakin japan, how is it not in VR yet actually!

New album is damn good imo. every video that has come out has been spot on, and got to listen to the full cd today. some I love immediately, some are obviously gonna be a couple time listen to to get my head around...but all around damn good. easily in the top 20 for this year I suspect. Babymetals song however are linked closely with amazing visual experiences from their videos, so no doubt we are missing some for now until the rest come out.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
SaturnFX, I have you to blame. You are an enabler of the worst kind. I too am now addicted. I will refer all future addicts to this group to further the addiction, I need more enablers. MORE, MORE, MORE! Gimmee

crawls sweating towards my next fix.....narf

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

I think we need two alternative threads

"SaturnFX is a dealer"

"How to wean yourself off Babymetal"

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is more then that.

The existential question of Generation X. "If the UN and the Pope want to end war, can we do it through music?" We invented metal, grunge, and countless other genera's of music. Made lead singers our heroes, not returning vets. But look at what the grandchildren of the Boomers did to this country. They made heroes of pr0n, and refuse to protest wars. Even when the cultural war of our music was already winning over the world.

Now....

We have found three small sprouts. Still alive. Being nurtured in the frenetic energy of a singular statement. We are greater than war. For war did not create this group, but cultural infiltration did, and the message feels intact.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
SaturnFX, I have you to blame. You are an enabler of the worst kind. I too am now addicted. I will refer all future addicts to this group to further the addiction, I need more enablers. MORE, MORE, MORE! Gimmee

crawls sweating towards my next fix.....narf

Dont worry..you know its not too bad until you start watching old Sakura Gakuin videos..then you know its time for intervention.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
We have found three small sprouts. Still alive. Being nurtured in the frenetic energy of a singular statement. We are greater than war. For war did not create this group, but cultural infiltration did, and the message feels intact.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Incidentally, lots of people started off learning about them here properly

Fun video, and a fair reaction a couple years ago.

They were invited to do a reaction on the reactions.

special note of 1:03, when you realize they are actually just linked together robots of cuteness through synced movement

Anyhow, most legends of metal are out in full support of BM
here is Rob Zombies view on em (starts at 7:19)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Alas, it is too true what you meme SaturnFX.
For when I first posted the sentences
    "the existential question of Generation X."
    "If the UN and the Pope want to end war, can we do it through music?"
back in October 16, 2015 a mere 28 days latter 89 people were gunned down by terrorist at the Bataclan Eagles of Death Metal Show.

Almost as if I had disturbed something in the darkness.

Karate Video was released four months later and I was comforted.
Metal still lives.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 20-5-2016 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And just a couple of hours later the "Eagles of Death Metal", have been dropped from two French music festivals.

www.bbc.com...

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Dont worry..you know its not too bad until you start watching old Sakura Gakuin videos..then you know its time for intervention.

Yeah, thanks for that(NOT). I HAD to look that up.... I guess I should consider 12 stepping now...

I have a love/hate issue with you meow.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
a reply to: jappee

I think we need two alternative threads

"SaturnFX is a dealer"

"How to wean yourself off Babymetal"

Yup he's a pusher... but hey, you seen him around?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join