It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Babymetal Addiction Center and Support Group

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
a reply to: jappee

I think we need two alternative threads

"SaturnFX is a dealer"

"How to wean yourself off Babymetal"

Yup he's a pusher... but hey, you seen him around?

Imma just leave this here for a minute
Funny

___
These are the metal queens....defeated by a frog.
but in all fairness, thats a bigass frog

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

My post to FB to garner more addicts, yeah I digress I do FB...
"Anywho, BABYMETAL, a slab of Ministry and or KMFDM, a bit of Slipknot, and a smidge of White Zombie, whispers of J-pop. all wrapped in Hardcore anime style Jap-Metal, smothered in Super cute goth like schoolgirls. What's not to like?
and, Topped with a bit of Japanese style Evanescence.." Linked to this thread..

edit on 5/24/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Umm yup, I hate you now...I feel guilty watching them after this...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know the feeling. Growing up I mostly listened to Pantera, then after stuck on them for the longest time, I finally moved on, and was listening to bands like Gojira, The Acacia Strain, Scissorfight, Deftones, among a ton of other metal/rock bands.

Then I came across babymetal. I never liked j-pop or any type of anime sounding music. I was metal all the way. Now I'm wearing headphones just to keep listening to them. I feel so ashamed. I feel so dirty. I'm an Adult damnit! I shouldn't be listening to a band like this! What is wrong with me? But that kami band... and the insane amount of cuteness... I just can't stay away.

It's so cheesy.... and the band is such a fabrication of the industry...

yep... I'm addicted to them.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: digitalbluco
I know the feeling. Growing up I mostly listened to Pantera, then after stuck on them for the longest time, I finally moved on, and was listening to bands like Gojira, The Acacia Strain, Scissorfight, Deftones, among a ton of other metal/rock bands.

Then I came across babymetal. I never liked j-pop or any type of anime sounding music. I was metal all the way. Now I'm wearing headphones just to keep listening to them. I feel so ashamed. I feel so dirty. I'm an Adult damnit!

Look man
You cant call yourself a true man (or woman) unless you are blasting answers for animation with you at a traffic light..bonus points if you memorized the lyrics and wearing neon rimmed sunglasses while shouting it to cars nearby

Resist the kawaii. I dare you.

Its ok, you're not alone.

The madness seems quite contagious.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
Umm yup, I hate you now...I feel guilty watching them after this...

You should!
also this

..they are no taller than a thumb!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Okay, this is a strange one.

It seems the Jpop idol concept is finding its way into all genres. I was searching through some LadyBaby video clips and found this unusual act that seems to mix Jpop music with stand-up comedy. The name of the duo is Ham & Noodles.

Now let me be up front about this...I don't speak or understand Japanese at all. I can't even tell if this is actually funny or not. That being said, I'm getting a little addicted to this act the same way I've become addicted to Babymetal, Kamen Joshi, LadyBaby, and others. Maybe if someone out there knows Japanese, they can check this out and tell me if its any good.

The final song in this second video (12:41) is quite entertaining.

edit on 14-7-2016 by Flatwoods because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2016 by Flatwoods because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatwoods
It seems the Jpop idol concept is finding its way into all genres.

Does Japan have a vegas? because what I am seeing here is a future vegas act. I guess various places in Osaka would qualify.

Anyhow, they have a really interesting style. J-pop idol fashion in general. Yeah, this doesn't seem too serious, just a fun group. As far as what they are saying, my japanese is about the level of a 4 year old, so didn't understand most of what they were singing about, but yeah, seems to be a skit oriented thing. I was trying to figure out what (and why) they had written all over their arms though. first I thought it was tattoos, but no way that would fly unless they were like..super rebels. They dont really fit the bill.

Anyhow, the music itself...meh. I wouldn't say its super special..its typical j-pop, but obviously with a ton of personality. that is better than akb48 just from that angle. I wonder if they were former idols actually or just took good notes on idol fandom

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What helped me get over my BabyMetal obsession was listening to them over and over on my iPod. Right now it's Melanie Martinez's Crybaby album that I'm obsessed with! a reply to: SaturnFX

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Greatest moment in collab this year..and perhaps in several years

Judas Priest and Babymetal...the awesome is too much

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

It was amazing.

The pain kirra!

even somehow making painkiller cute..
edit on 27-7-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Halford's not bad for his age, eh? Also not just one of the "lame" Priest tunes they pulled out Painkiller(ok, with one of the "lame" tunes, but whatever).

I like my Priest heavy, like Unleashed in the East heavy, or Screaming for Vengeance heavy. Not that poppy stuff.

For giving homage to the elder Rock Gods while they are still around BM get three and a half gold stars.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I'm sorry to derail the thread maybe someone or myself should start a progressive metal/music thread....

No worries.
I am basically bored with straight metal. I have my all time favorites (metallica, manowar, maiden, etc) but otherwise am not seeking out new regular metal bands anymore...new things though, something that brings something untried gets me..love it. love it all.
Even weird crap like this gets me watching about 300 times just to understand what it is that I am seeing (still haven't figured it out)

I saw this screenshot several times but was always a bit scared to watch the video, finally got up the courage to do so and my worst fears came true ...it was every bit as catchy as I knew it would be. Not sure what to do now, I told myself Babymetal was the exception to the rule but now not so sure ...please stop posting these quirky, likable pop tunes before my life spins out of control.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voiceofthemajority
I saw this screenshot several times but was always a bit scared to watch the video, finally got up the courage to do so and my worst fears came true ...it was every bit as catchy as I knew it would be. Not sure what to do now, I told myself Babymetal was the exception to the rule but now not so sure ...please stop posting these quirky, likable pop tunes before my life spins out of control.

Im sorry. Once you see ladybaby, there is no coming back. Hopefully you had a few good years beforehand where people used to deem your music opinions credible at least.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In other news the gals are moving on up ....announced as the opening act for the Guns n' Roses Japan tour.

www.sbs.com.au... ymetal-perform-guns-n-roses-japan-concert-tour

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voiceofthemajority
In other news the gals are moving on up ....announced as the opening act for the Guns n' Roses Japan tour.

www.sbs.com.au... ymetal-perform-guns-n-roses-japan-concert-tour

Yeah, they opened for Metallica in SKorea, and are now basically bff's with Red Hot Chili Peppers. Girls are kickin ass on the metal scene.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hardened metal fan here - everything from Judas Priest, GnR, Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse and in between.

I, for one caved to the cuteness and awesome backing band!

Quite possible that being an anime fan in the 90s and early 2000s helped out quite a bit, I still listen to some j-pop anime soundtracks now and again.

Especially their duet with Rob Halford was an aircraft carrier of fun!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This probably says more about me than anything else.. but I don't find anything really strange or embarrassing with babymetal. I've listened to more metal than most can literally imagine and have loved a lot about the Japanese culture for years (cars, guitars, animation, etc.) so maybe that colors my view.

Its basically metal with clean vocals and a touch of jpop. I really dig some of their videos and cinematography, but don't find myself listening to their music on its own or even the concert vids. They are decent enough, but I like other clean vocal metal better.

Actually, the interesting part to me is how they became a phenomenon at all. They certainly aren't bad, but its always interesting to see how these things go over time.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I now hate you! I can not get this music out of my head. Curse you! I am now an addict also, you evil pusher!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join