It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Airport Explosions

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
The other begging question is where they got that much explosive in Brussels, without the local army base noticing any was missing…

The explosives are easy they made them from locally acquired over the counter products.
I could go to any US Walmart superstore and get the chemicals to build a large bomb.

I will not name the three products needed for making the explosive but they are easy to buy in most US towns.

They are also 100% stable to mix and use and make a great homemade plastic explosive.

Except for initiating a hi order detonation… is not that 'easy'.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I dont want innocent muslims punished for this. [/post]

Why do we never hear, "I don't want the innocent gun owners punished", or "I don't want the innocent white people punished", or "I don't want innocent Christians punished", or "I don't want the innocent Republicans/conservatives punished"?

I think it's because those demographics aren't collectively derided for attacks. Islam is often blamed as a whole for these atrocities, but the same standard isn't applied to other demographics like Christians. For example, people flip their # at Islam for terrorist attacks, but no one had a go at Christianity for the actions of Anders Behring Breivik or the many Christian militias in Africa. Interestingly enough, while ISIS and Breivik cite religious influences, their actions are primarily motivated by politics. ISIS wants a caliphate, Breivik wanted to stop the 'invasion of Europe' and left-leaning politics.

Breivik is not and has never been Christian. I suggest you read the manifesto he wrote. His attacks were because of politics, not religion.

The same manifesto where he referred to himself as being "100 percent Christian?" Anders Behring Breivik also referred to himself as a modern-day Crusader and claimed membership of a renewed Templar Order. Hell, the front page of his manifesto was emblazoned with a Templar cross...

You can try and spin the facts all you want, but the guy clearly had influences from Christianity, even though he currently identifies with Odinism.

Breivik isn't what many would consider a Christian, just like how Muslims wouldn't necessarily consider ISIS representative of their religion. That's exactly the point. The guy's actions were politically motivated, despite his religious ramblings. The same can be said for the actions of many extreme Muslims. That's what i said in my initial comment:

Interestingly enough, while ISIS and Breivik cite religious influences, their actions are primarily motivated by politics. ISIS wants a caliphate, Breivik wanted to stop the 'invasion of Europe' and left-leaning politics.

Perhaps you should have made a proper attempt at reading my post before commenting, yourself.

I am just so sick and tired of hearing lies about what happened here in Norway. He did call himself Christian, yes. Has he ever gone to church or been in any other Christian organization, no he has not. The only organization he has ever been a part of briefly is a political party.
He used the templar cross, since he thought it was cool. Not because he was Christian, since he never has been Christian.

Actually now he is Nazi.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thebel
Seems like the third guy was Najim Laacharoui, 24, also known as Soufiane Kayal. His DNA was also found from explosives used in Paris bombing. He was born in Morocco and raised in Brussels, where he studied Electromechanical Engineering. He travelled to Syria in 2013 and after that used his false name at the borders of Hungary and Austria.

He is now arrested.
www.bbc.com...
heavy.com...

Thanks for that.. So this is all linked to the Paris attacks, these monsters it seems were all linked to that crew although the guy on the left in the photo I do not think has yet been identified ( Believed to have died ).. So the catalyst has been the arrest of Salah Abdeslam
on the 18th..

The airport CCTV image. Brahim el-Bakraoui is believed to be in the middle and ( Najim Laachraoui ) ( Unverified ) on the right

Khalid (L) and Brahim el-Bakraoui, both believed to have been suicide bombers

Earlier the RTBF broadcaster identified the el-Bakraoui brothers, saying that Brahim was a suicide bomber at Zaventem airport, where about 14 people died, and Khalid was the suicide bomber at the Maelbeek metro station, where some 20 people were killed. It said the brothers were known to police and had criminal records.

Quoted from the BBC link above..

edit on 23 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

edit on 23 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Updated

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: neformore

This is a super moderator folks. Lol.

What, you mean the person giving balanced, reasonable responses rather than rushing to hate on a huge section of the global population? Thank god we have moderators like that i say.

Give me sensible, reasoned people over knuckle dragging idiots anyday of the week.........

ETA:

Should add this isn't necessarily aimed at you Domo, more some of the frankly scarily intense posters inhabitaing this thread. Nefermore is correct to state that they reflect the same attitudes to Islam that ISIS shows to the West - and what is even more scary is that they don't seem to realise this.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
CNN just reported that the taxi driver that took them to the airport helped LE's locate the house where they came from. that address was raided and they found bomb making paraphernalia inside.

I feel for that taxi driver. He will now live with knowing he aided the attacks (unwittingly). I only hope he doesn't feel any guilt over this throughout his life as it clearly was nothing to do with him but i can't say i am hopeful. Previous physcological studies suggest he will be geeling very guilty for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9
I am just so sick and tired of hearing lies about what happened here in Norway. He did call himself Christian, yes. Has he ever gone to church or been in any other Christian organization, no he has not. The only organization he has ever been a part of briefly is a political party.
He used the templar cross, since he thought it was cool. Not because he was Christian, since he never has been Christian.

Actually now he is Nazi.

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong.
Breivik has openly stated many times that he views his country as a "Christian nation" and that's what the fascist psychopath was supposedly "defending".

It makes no difference whether he went to church, ten times or none. It matters what his delusions were, what his motivations were, what his excuses are.

He identifies as a Christian using extreme violence against innocent people to "defend" his country against "Muslim invaders".

You cannot possibly separate his religious ideology from his actions when they were a core aspect of his violence.

Are people just wanting to conveniently overlook all of this because it would force them to reconsider how they blame "all Muslims" for the actions of a minority of psychopaths?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Nefermore is correct to state that they reflect the same attitudes to Islam that ISIS shows to the West - and what is even more scary is that they don't seem to realise this.

These people are facillitating exactly what ISIS wants.
Their ambition is to divide Europe, to create massive Islamophobia, which in turn would lead to reprisals throughout the continent - which is what we've seen happening with the far-right.

The right-wing screaming and ranting about all Muslims, all refugees and all "outsiders" are falling for the ISIS ambition hook, line and sinker.

To anyone reading this, if you believe that we need to treat Muslims as a threat because of the actions of a fanatical minority, you are doing the job of ISIS for them and you deserve a slap.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Yes, not that easy, but getting high-order detonators (like eg blasting caps) is a lot less difficult than laying one's hands on several kilos of high explosives. And they can also be made if the person has the skills and is very freaking careful.

Anyway, be that as it may, it looks like the bombs were T.A.T.P. I was watching sky news and CNN just a few minutes ago. There was live report from Belgian authorities, where the spokesman revealed that when they searched the Schaerbeek house the Brussels bombers had used, they found 15 kg of T.A.T.P. explosive, along with (IIRC) 130 litres of acetone (an essential ingredient) and other bomb-making materials.

Pretty scary to think they willingly left 15 kg behind. That's a heck of a lot of explosive, which makes me wonder if they had another bomber lined up to carry it and use it -- like in a backpack on a metro train or something -- but for some reason that plan didn't go through.

I am still waiting for Sky News, CNN and/or other MSM outlets to publish the transcript of the report or put up the video. If anyone finds it before I do, please post/link to it.

ETA: Okay, they are being darned slow to upload the video, or making it hard to find, but I now have confirmation from the Sky News site:

Belgian Federal Prosecutor Frederic van Leeuw, said a police raid on a flat found 15 kilos of TATP high explosives, 150 litres of acetone, detonators, bags filled with nails plus other equipment to make bombs - essentially a bomb-making factory

SkyNews terror in Brussels live update page.

So, the above pretty much confirms my suspicion it was T.A.T.P. that I first mentioned in my post HERE about 13 hours ago.

edit on 23/3/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Terrible. RIP to the victims.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Anyway, be that as it may, it looks like the bombs were T.A.T.P. I was watching sky news and CNN just a few minutes ago.

I caught that, too. Forgetting the media says whats it told to for a minute, I am old school as far as compounds go, not familiar with T.A.T.P. or its brisance, ease of manufacture with 'off the shelf' chemicals, etc.

Pretty scary to think they willingly left 15 kg behind. That's a heck of a lot of explosive, which makes me wonder if they had another bomber lined up to carry it and use it -- like in a backpack on a metro train or something -- but for some reason that plan didn't go through.

The reports have the cabbie that gave them a ride to the airport leading police to their laboratory. He said they had to leave luggage behind because it wouldn't fit in the trunk…

Another bomb, 15 kg is about thirty two pounds. Thats a hella bang… I see they found detonators, too. That in particular is disturbing, you don't get those off the shelf at the local store.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yep, Saddam made the stupid mistake to invade kuwait, a dumb thing to do knowing that the gulf states enjoy military protection from the US in exchange for oil and the petrodollar.
Iraq however is not the complete middle east and if islamic extremists had not killed 3000+ American people in a terrorist attack at 9/11 there would have been no reason for the US (you are either with us or against us) to start a war against islamic extremists in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And the arab spring since 2010, this 'revolution' started because people were in discontent about poverty and government policies.
However, Libya may have been helped since Gaddafi was shia muslim and had close ties with Iran, just like Assad.

The only 'government' that was toppled was the regime of Saddam Hussain after the islamic extremists in Afghanistan were removed from power.

The refugees are of course not a direct result, many don't even come from the middle east but from the African continent, Sudan, Nigeria, Morocco, Somalia, Algeria, Uganda and the smuggling route is through Libya.
Libya is a mess, islamic extremists are fighting there with the backing of Turkey, maybe even the US who seems to be funding the immigration into Europe according to Austrian intelligence.

Immigrants from middle east countries come from Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Iran, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Iraq, Syria.

Only a small part of immigrants to EU are real refugees.

edit on 23-3-2016 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

To anyone reading this, if you believe that we need to treat Muslims as a threat because of the actions of a fanatical minority, you are doing the job of ISIS for them and you deserve a slap.

Rocker2013, you may be falling victim to the same media hype that you criticize others of.

Islamophobia is not as prevalent as they want you to think it is.

Example:
I live in the woods. Snakes live in the woods. I don't fear snakes. In fact I rely heavily on the snakes to keep a healthy balance in my environment. There are many varieties of snakes. Each deserves a certain level of respect. There are however, a few that it takes a very trained eye to tell if they are deadly or not.

For the snakes that I know are non-poisonous and a benefit, I give much respect, and I go out of my way to protect. Those I I find in "my" living space, that I know to be deadly, I carefully destroy. Those I am not sure of, unfortunately suffer the same fate, because I cannot take the risk of being wrong.

This is not because I hate or dislike snakes. It has absolutely nothing to do with a phobia. It has everything to do with commonsense and self protection.

This constant labeling of people as Islamophobic, because they wish to protect themselves, and their property, is disingenuous, and just as wrong, and is doing even a better job for ISIS and playing right into their hands. You may want to hold off on the slaps. There is serious uncertainty about who is deserving of the punishment you wish to deliver.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

a reply to: ufoorbhunter
The other begging question is where they got that much explosive in Brussels, without the local army base noticing any was missing…

The explosives are easy they made them from locally acquired over the counter products.
I could go to any US Walmart superstore and get the chemicals to build a large bomb.

I will not name the three products needed for making the explosive but they are easy to buy in most US towns.

They are also 100% stable to mix and use and make a great homemade plastic explosive.

Except for initiating a hi order detonation… is not that 'easy'.

It really is that easy. Unfortunately the internet has many guides.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I caught that, too. Forgetting the media says whats it told to for a minute, I am old school as far as compounds go, not familiar with T.A.T.P. or its brisance, ease of manufacture with 'off the shelf' chemicals, etc.

Well most definitely detonators also Acetone and any other chemicals used for explosives should be much better regulated and recorded transactions in this computer savvy world.. lets get stricter on some things to continue to enjoy our freedoms..
Security at Airports, train stations and other relevant venues should be greatly improved, some kind of advanced security tunnel needs to be located at the entrance to all these places and more.. ( We must have the technology surely ? )

leadingtoexcellence.com...

edit on 23 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Comma

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think a lot of people are being hood-winked. We're arguing among ourselves instead of searching for the truth.

We are being divided. I'm not talking about around the world, i'm talking about ATS. Right here......

You all visit this site because you know things aren't what they appear to be..... yesterday's attacks are not what they appear to be....

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Yep, Saddam made the stupid mistake to invade kuwait, a dumb thing to do knowing that the gulf states enjoy military protection from the US in exchange for oil and the petrodollar.

Back then Saddam Hussein was our boy, he helped trounce the Iranians and the Kurds, all part of the destabilization process going way back. There is also some sentiment that he was led to believe there would be no consequences if he went after Kuwait for drilling under Iraq's borders and owing Iraq a considerable sum of money.

Of course it would be 'dumb' if he didn't have de facto permission.

As is that was precisely used to begin the endless cycle of war we have been in ever since. Saddam is long dead, NATO Has toppled several other governments, no end in sight…

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: reldra

I am so #ing tired of this, not all Muslims isn't a reasonable argument! Some Muslims is enough to garner action. Something has to be done this # is fubar

The pansies doing this are not Muslim. How do we know this? Everything they are doing violates the Quran.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Although its acceptable to respond by tightening security, throwing cordons around places people gather, it becomes a useless exercise considering the attacks are centered around where people gather. If you put an entrance further away, thats where the people will line up to get in, becoming the location of the next attack.

Security can't hope to be everywhere all the time, all they can hope to accomplish is more repressive measures taken against the populations…

Get used to Orwellian distopia, road blocks, checkpoints, curfews, house to house searches, lockdowns, sweeps, mass arrests, detention without charge, liberty, civil rights, whats that.

Think about how much this one attack has done to tourism, travel, business, sanctity, government relations with the people at large.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Although its acceptable to respond by tightening security, throwing cordons around places people gather, it becomes a useless exercise considering the attacks are centered around where people gather. If you put an entrance further away, thats where the people will line up to get in, becoming the location of the next attack.

Security can't hope to be everywhere all the time, all they can hope to accomplish is more repressive measures taken against the populations…

Get used to Orwellian distopia, road blocks, checkpoints, curfews, house to house searches, lockdowns, sweeps, mass arrests, detention without charge, liberty, civil rights, whats that.

Think about how much this one attack has done to tourism, travel, business, sanctity, government relations with the people at large.

I mean enhanced clever security, those explosives in bags within the airport should have been picked up.

Not any of this Crapoil..

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yip, for a country on high alert for potential terrorist attacks, they got caught out in an area that should have been secure.

They must not have sniffer dogs in Belgium. Or maybe they're just nose blind because there's just so many bombs in transit?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join