It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Airport Explosions

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Does make you wonder how three Arabs can haul bombs into the airport. Don't the security profile people at the entrance? No way this could happen at Ben Gurion they'd have stopped them at the entrance

It may seem lax on securities part, remembering 90% of picking targets is first analyzing vulnerabilities. The reconnaissance would have gone on for days maybe weeks, watching, probing, testing, dry runs, etc.

Most likely, thats why they are posing that it was well planned and coordinated. The other begging question is where they got that much explosive in Brussels, without the local army base noticing any was missing…

edit on 22-3-2016 by intrptr because: added member quote

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: Mark Harris

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Dumbass

A photo in now online of the two alleged Airport bombers..

twitter.com...

Yeah they are searching actively for the third man in the white coat

Looks like both those guys in black tops have a glove on their left hand ?

Good eye about the gloves. Look close, their hand is also atop a black lever or conduit reaching into their bags, the third man has no glove

Are those gloves the plastic protectors on the corners of each handle?

has now been confirmed that the bombs were in the bags on the trolleys..

twitter.com...

Plus more info on the actions of the two monsters..

insider.foxnews.com...

There was a terrorism expert on Fox and he said he thinks the gloves weren't so much a part of a 'dead man's switch' but he said gloves (or a single glove) is to cut the chance of static electricity with the metal cart as to not trigger a premature detonation.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: neformore
Suppose ISIS had said all along that they represented the beloved character Big Bird, from Sesame Street.

Would you want Big Bird shot?
Would you want all the kids/fans who loved watching him/her/it on TV deported?
Would you call them all scum?

Radical Islamicists don't do Bird Bird. They've got these guys, instead:

But I'm sure if we just ignore them and tell ourselves they don't represent ALL of Islam, we'll be fine. If we just give them a nice place to stay, and subsidize their lives in the West they'll see the error of their ways. They aren't so bad. Not worth doing a background check or anything, because after all, a lot of them don't want to completely subjugate us.

Really?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

I'm in Denver. The local news is saying it's a couple of suspicious boxes. They have rerouted all foot traffic to the opposite terminal. Lets hope its nothing serious. Brussels is enough madness for one day.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

It generally turns out to be nothing, but everyone is on the "better safe than sorry" train right now. Unless it pertains to vetting people coming to live here on our dime.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Mark Harris

originally posted by: Dumbass

A photo in now online of the two alleged Airport bombers..

twitter.com...

Yeah they are searching actively for the third man in the white coat

Looks like both those guys in black tops have a glove on their left hand ?

Good eye about the gloves. Look close, their hand is also atop a black lever or conduit reaching into their bags, the third man has no glove

Are those gloves the plastic protectors on the corners of each handle?

has now been confirmed that the bombs were in the bags on the trolleys..

twitter.com...

Plus more info on the actions of the two monsters..

insider.foxnews.com...

There was a terrorism expert on Fox and he said he thinks the gloves weren't so much a part of a 'dead man's switch' but he said gloves (or a single glove) is to cut the chance of static electricity with the metal cart as to not trigger a premature detonation.

Fox News 'expertise' aside, both hands were on the cart. More than likely they wouldn't have used electric circuits but a mechanical one, for just that reason. Even errant radio signals (lots of those in around airports) can trigger electric blasting caps. They are also more complex prone to failure, due to batteries, wires, contacts, static, etc.

Probably more like spring loaded pecussion caps as initiators. Like someone else postulated, dead mans switch, if you let go, boom. Even they are confronted and shot, they will still effect an explosion.
edit on 22-3-2016 by intrptr because: change, spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer

a reply to: EA006

Seems the guy in white was a coordinator….

Or got cold feet… that device failed to detonate so they set it off? That was the third explosion, then. Or the one that came an hour later…(?)

Usually the 'coordinators' remain miles away directing by cell phone, like in the Hotel Mumbai and the Mall in Kenya.

The 3rd explosion was a controlled one by the belt that was left behind.
Controlled explosion was carried out by DOVO.

"Cold feet", then. A killer had second thoughts. Have they found him yet? The city will probably be turned upside down until they do.

The guy they caught this weekend in Belgium got 'cold feet' in Paris and they think they attacked today was in case he sung to officials before they could act, they think today was planned for a later date that could have included many more casualties.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, it's very easy to wise after the event. (ETA: I'm not being sarcastic. I agree with you. End ETA)

The problem is, it's almost impossible to prevent these kinds of attacks. There are doubtless thousands of "middle eastern looking" guys going through airports every day, all over the world. Plenty of them will large suitcases. Even assuming they can find any common agreement on what kind of appearance constitutes a high-risk one -- in this case, what does "middle eastern looking" really mean? -- how far do they take the profiling? It's almost a no-win situation.

I mean, we both know that. I would guess just about anyone reading this thread knows it as well. It's a practical impossibility to stop and question large numbers of people, knowing that the overwhelming majority are only likely to be guilty of smuggling a bit too much booze or whatever -- at the maximum. Meanwhile, the ones they really want to catch will find other ways to avoid attention. Like guy number three in that image. Apparently nobody knows who he is or where he went.

I've seen video taken inside that airport immediately after the attack. The place is full of white smoke. It's like a fog. Hard to make out anything much at first. And the people there are dazed, shocked, not really taking it all in. As eye witnesses they won't be able to give much. And as for the security cams, well, they don't work too well when a building is full of smoke and someone is wearing a coat that is almost the same color as said smoke.

I don't think the color of his coat was coincidental, in other words. In that smoke, he'd blend in so well I doubt you'd spot him from more than a few yards away. Unless someone in the know talks, he's going to be awfully hard to find, especially if he's not in a major database somewhere already.
edit on 22/3/16 by JustMike because: durned typos

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
CNN just reported that the taxi driver that took them to the airport helped LE's locate the house where they came from. that address was raided and they found bomb making paraphernalia inside.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I believe that Hamas Disney video is simply propaganda. No one here talks about how Saudis are the ones supporting terrorists.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

I'm all for that discussion, too. I just don't know why we're closing our eyes and telling ourselves this isn't a problem because it is less uncomfortable to ignore it or say it isn't true.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

Yes, it's very easy to wise after the event.

The problem is, it's almost impossible to prevent these kinds of attacks. There are doubtless thousands of "middle eastern looking" guys going through airports every day.

Ben Gurion doesn't get attacked because anybody who looks middle eastern gets ch clear our the second they get near to the airport. It ain't racist either as half of Israelis are from Arab countries and look just like the Arab Muslims, people just accept this racial profiling........ Because it works

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

It generally turns out to be nothing, but everyone is on the "better safe than sorry" train right now. Unless it pertains to vetting people coming to live here on our dime.

I'll bite.

Are they all on some list we can check? Do they have passports, banking records, police files we can look at? Do they even have ID?

I guess this is going to take some time. Maybe we could just lock up the boys (and men) between 12-76 until we background check them? I'm provisionally ok with that. Where will we house them? Can we use some of those secret complexes we always hear so much about on Rense.com? Maybe they can sleep in the plastic coffins until this all blows over?

Look -- if you can figure out a way to vette them, suing actual technology to say, match family history to the other incoming refugees and look for mothers, sisters, daughters, wives or girlfriends -- seeking anomalous males with no known female relatives, for example, then by all means -- question the crap out of them. But like drug testing the welfare cases, I want to see a plan that doesn't cost 50 billion dollars and put cushy contracts in the hands of DHS partners with known political connections and no track record of actual results. I'm a conservative, ok? I don't want to spend tons of money on junk data. Big government doesn't need an even bigger trough to lap my tax dollars from with little or no result.
edit on 22-3-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So, we should have just discarded the request for help from Iraq and let the iraqi people be slaughtered by islamic extremist... to me this is out of the question

And we do identify islam as the engine behind the attacks because that is the ideology that brings forth these islamic extremists.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: TaleDawn

I'm all for that discussion, too. I just don't know why we're closing our eyes and telling ourselves this isn't a problem because it is less uncomfortable to ignore it or say it isn't true.

It's absolutely true! Some people are pieces of poop! The question is how much do you want to spend to catch them in pre-crime and can we afford it?

The other question is why are we lighting our own heads on fire over a phenomenon that kills far fewer people in the US than lightning bolts from Zeus herself? How much do we have to spend so that we all feel *that* much safer? What are the costs of all of this vetting, housing, and -- to hell with it -- deporting the pre-bad ones?

Money doesn't grow on trees, Bernie Sanders. Real people have to pay to make you guys feel safer than you already are from things that are so much less dangerous than crossing a busy street during rush hour.

Or maybe, just maybe -- we can all take a deep breath, grieve for the righteous dead, and keep working on boxing up these f-bags as we find them, like the criminal filth they are, and stop obsessing over a war on other people who don't worship the same God I do, just because (and just in case!)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

The problem is, it's almost impossible to prevent these kinds of attacks. There are doubtless thousands of "middle eastern looking" guys going through airports every day, all over the world.

Considering the location, Brussels, EU, NATO, the recent flood of refugees, the Paris attacks and many recent arrests of actual terrs in country, a little more diligence.

If I saw those three guys, I would have wondered what they were about, personally. Especially profiling guys like that.

But like you said, 20/20 hindsight pic is just that, impossible to protect against these kind of attacks. The guys carrying out the plot are simple minded, they have one goal to carry out, the pre reconnaissance of these vulnerable security measures was carried out in advance, imo.

They have a network to deal with, probably come in hiding amongst the flood of refugees.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer

a reply to: EA006

Seems the guy in white was a coordinator….

Or got cold feet… that device failed to detonate so they set it off? That was the third explosion, then. Or the one that came an hour later…(?)

Usually the 'coordinators' remain miles away directing by cell phone, like in the Hotel Mumbai and the Mall in Kenya.

The 3rd explosion was a controlled one by the belt that was left behind.
Controlled explosion was carried out by DOVO.

"Cold feet", then. A killer had second thoughts. Have they found him yet? The city will probably be turned upside down until they do.

Authorities will have to turn the city upside down themselves, they won't be getting help from any Muslims who live there. The guy they caught this weekend was hiding in plain sight in Molenbeek. It's the Muslim version of 'don't snitch'.

Worse yet, Belgian newspaper De Morgen reported (subscription only) that "the whole neighborhood" knew where Abdeslam was ever since the Paris attacks

www.veooz.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
CNN just reported that the taxi driver that took them to the airport helped LE's locate the house where they came from. that address was raided and they found bomb making paraphernalia inside.

Overlooked in the bustle. Maybe now we get to see what kind of explosive and the apparatus they used…?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

That driver's head will be a hood ornament on his taxi by weeks end.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

So, we should have just discarded the request for help from Iraq and let the iraqi people be slaughtered by islamic extremist... to me this is out of the question

And we do identify islam as the engine behind the attacks because that is the ideology that brings forth these islamic extremists.

Or terms like "islamic extremist" and "Radical Islam" are memes generated through western Media to promote endless war in ME countries, take your pick.

One is the truth. Personally shouting Allah Akbar isn't convincing enough for me to believe these murderers are anymore than killers and liars.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join