It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Airport Explosions

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

We should put security checkpoints outside the existing checkpoints. Than, we should put up another one, just to be sure.

Wait! I got it! We should set up a kind of treasure-hunt app to funnel travellers through multiple, staged checkpoints, where they can collect security tokens which they can use for spliffs on flights, like free drinks and peanuts. Reduce the choke-points and crowdsource a bunch of this to players who want to play "where's Waldo" with the bad guys for bonus points and consolation prizes.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

we have to live in the present and improve our Airports security..

You never read 1984, by George Orwell.

Or didn't learn anything from it.

More police state apparatus is not the road to peace and freedom.

Try not to over react. I doubt you are though, you want justification for more measures to surveil and control the population, and make more war abroad. Terrorism fits that agenda, wonderfully.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

or we could kill every politician in the world and smoke weed until we die of old age.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

The great thing about politicians is that they aren't much different than the average terrorist. In fact, they are opposite sides of the same coin. They need us to pay attention to them and validate their miserable existence, but we can get along just fine without them.

Ignoring them as much as possible is a better solution than killing them. If we can shame them into going away, they will never come back. But if we kill them, they will "Hail Hydra!" and rise up again and again with even more ridiculous looking heads.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: intergalactic fire

The great thing about politicians is that they aren't much different than the average terrorist. In fact, they are opposite sides of the same coin. They need us to pay attention to them and validate their miserable existence, but we can get along just fine without them.

Ignoring them as much as possible is a better solution than killing them. If we can shame them into going away, they will never come back. But if we kill them, they will "Hail Hydra!" and rise up again and again with even more ridiculous looking heads.

I've been ignoring them my whole life but the world didn't got any better. I say put a bag on their ridiculous face and shoot em.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7
When everybody who isn't like them is dead or when they are all dead...it has to be one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well just a small update, the weirdness continues.

So OCAD has decided to decrease the thread level back to 3. ( the second highest )
Which is weird considering 2 suspects are still on the run.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

No we should increase the security at the entrance to Airports and other travel hubs like they do in Russia and other places as linked above. Not as you profess as overkill but much better and effective security than was evidence in Brussels.. Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As stated above..

No we should increase the security at the entrance to Airports and other travel hubs like they do in Russia and other places as linked above. Not as you profess as overkill but much better and effective security than was evidenced in Brussels.. Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So my question is...is there a point at which all of this ends?

Decades from now perhaps?

Or is it just a cycle? Remember when planes were being highjacked one a week, decades ago?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

As stated above..

No we should increase the security at the entrance to Airports and other travel hubs like they do in Russia and other places as linked above. Not as you profess as overkill but much better and effective security than was evidenced in Brussels.. Peace

And as I stated, wherever they make people gather to be searched is the next target.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
for anyone interested
This site is constantly updating the new revelations.
Also its in english.
www.politico.eu

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

we have to live in the present and improve our Airports security..

You never read 1984, by George Orwell.

Or didn't learn anything from it.

More police state apparatus is not the road to peace and freedom.

Try not to over react. I doubt you are though, you want justification for more measures to surveil and control the population, and make more war abroad. Terrorism fits that agenda, wonderfully.

You will always be afraid if you are looking for someone else to protect you.

The advantage they have over most, is they do not fear death.

If you are you going to die, you are going to die. Dying on your feet or on your knees, dead is dead.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

Thanks..

www.politico.eu...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Belgianbeer

Thanks..

www.politico.eu...

Lol, the threat level bar . Condition panic…

be veeery afraid.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

As stated above..

People far more experienced in security than you have pointed out that this would do nothing. The people are still there, the victims are still there, moving them to another point (with even less cover and more open space and opportunity) is not a solution to this.

If you put up security check points at station entrances (as they have done in Brussels) all you are doing is moving the victims 100 feet to another location. They are still there, still able to be attacked. We have seen this just yesterday as hundreds of people were all lining up outside stations in Brussels, ready to be checked.

This is WORSE than it was. At least before, without those checks, people were moving around, they were spacing themselves out naturally, some would have the protection of walls and obstacles within. By moving all those people into a line outside, static and close together, it is creating a BIGGER target.

And don't use Russia as an example, it's pure chance that Russia hasn't seen the same yet on this scale. You can bet your behind they will see this in the coming months or years. They have been pounding ISIS and they are just as much a target as any other nation. Those security measures you speak of are not going to prevent that.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSunDog
So my question is...is there a point at which all of this ends?

Decades from now perhaps?

Or is it just a cycle? Remember when planes were being highjacked one a week, decades ago?

Until we find ways to prevent it.
Planes are rarely hijacked now because we all agreed to pay more for increased security and this was implemented around the world as standard.
The same will happen here. We'll find ways and means to prevent this kind of attack, that's likely to mean increased monitoring measures, investment in infiltration of threats, greater restrictions on movement and weapons, increased sharing of intelligence between nations etc.

The problem is going to be finding the right balance between security and liberty, until this threat has been significantly diminished.

We will have to learn to deal with increased security measures at least for a while until other methods are developed. Then again, we all managed to do that post 911 and 7/7 without too much fuss.

I would have no problem with armed security on the streets, with checkpoints, with searches etc. I would, however, have a problem with dragnet monitoring of millions of entirely innocent people (which we all know doesn't work and only damages the rights and freedoms of the masses for absolutely no gain).

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
i.imgur.com...
edit on 27-3-2016 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39   >>

join