It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary occurance reading a book

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert Thank you for such clear definitions. These are something I'm going to look into at the library. So thanks again!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I think you could study Jung for years and not have "clear definitions". I'm not sure Carl Jung had "clear definitions". haha At anyrate, it's an interesting train of thought, and I studied a bit years ago. Maybe you'll find something interesting! Glad I could point you in a direction.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I read the book when i was a kiddie but i don't recall knocking or anything weird related specifically to the reading of the book.Our hone was severely haunted/negative spirit infested and weird stuff happened all the time anyway so i may i not have noticed though.But i honestly cannot recall anything wonky happening While i was busy reading it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My mom saw it in the theater when it came out, and left halfway through it, it scared her so bad. Normally she loved scary movies and books, but she said Linda Blair looked so much like me it freaked her out.

So... I never wanted to see that movie. Between my mothers hatred for me and her sister proclaiming I was spawn of the devil, it just reminds me of how pissed off I am I was born at a time when parents hated their children and considered them a curse. That's evil.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

So sorry to hear that Bluesma-my adoptive mother despised me too,because she bit off more than she could chew,but my whole adoption scenario was mysterious and irregular anyway.Most of her large number of sisters also did'nt like me at all,some loathed me.When i entered a room as a kiddie,all conversation would stop and they would look extremely uncomfortable,like a pet tiger or something just walked in-even when i could plainly hear that the conversation was not even about me.It was like they were always expecting me to go Hulk and attack them.My mother often told me that all her sisters told her that i shall most likely murder her at some point .Unfathomable..such strange people.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I know. I mentioned that a post later. I lived there.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

That's because that movie is freakin scary. Still.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

So imagine being a kid and going to that house at night?
Those windows are on the side of the house facing the canal as the house sits sideways on a long but narrow lot.
The front of the house faces the neighbor to the south along a street that runs north and south from the great south bay up to main street. You can't see those windows from the street. But kids can still talk themselves into anything. We also spent time in an ancient cemetery in town scaring ourselves about doors to crypts opening and who's that over there stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Reading scary books can certainly open the imagination up to all kinds of things. That's why I didn't let mykids see stuff like this and also why I didn't read scary things to them. Kids have wild imaginations that make monsters in the closet or under the bed real. (But funny enough only at bed time).

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I see this the same as my son watching the Japanese version of the Grudge years ago, then going to the washroom and freaking because he saw the grudge boy up near the ceiling.

Evil is always around, both sides of the universe, entities and spirits, ghosts, etc, and they're telepathic, outside of time even, so can see different events.

When you are scared of something, that will be the event or avatar they choose to get your attention.

Don't give it to them, because thinking of them magneticizes you to their frequency so they can create a link , hook, portal in. Close the door on them. Clean the room. Ask for help from Spirit. Your belief system, so Christ, Michael, Guardian Angel, Higher Self, God, Tao, Universe, whatever is acceptable to you.

Just close the door.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Me too... as far as being young and reading Amityville.. .stupid, poorly written book, but that image of the red piggy eyes twenty feet in the air made the blanket cover me for a few nights.

Of course, then living in a few actual haunted residences broke me of fearing the paranormal... it wasn't nearly so theatrical or powerful... at least the experiences I had.

It's that "unknown" part that scares us at the basic flight or fight level (I put flight first as I think it way more important).

Although I suspect some dreadful beings out there, but luckily they seem limited by logistics and numbers.

The mind sure is powerful... and it can conjure stuff far scarier than much reality... however, it's a deeply strange world we inhabit and some get to experience that fact beyond media!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Reading scary books can certainly open the imagination up to all kinds of things. That's why I didn't let mykids see stuff like this and also why I didn't read scary things to them. Kids have wild imaginations that make monsters in the closet or under the bed real. (But funny enough only at bed time).

The imagination is indeed another factor.

But there is also cases like the OP where reading a book that contains references to the devil and demons that CAN cause them to gain access to your place of where you are. The mechanism isn't very well known, but a portal can be opened by the entity using magnetic energies. They exist in a dimension that is electromagnetic and electrical, and they can manipulate it to hurt you in certain situations.
I believe the OP is telling the truth here about having phenomenon happen while reading the exorcist book, and when the movie was made they had weird stuff happen, and the movie poltergeist also had very strange things happen. That little girl in the movie was exploited by the producers, and now she is dead due to unexplained circumstances.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Heather ORourk died of cardiac arrest and staff infection after being misdiagnosed with chrons disease. It was tragic but It was not totally unexplained. I remember the rumors flying about when that happened though so you're probably remembering them too. Scary movie and death of a child. Of course some would put a supernatural bent to it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I didn't say I don't believe the OP though. She said she heard knocking. Why would I not believe her?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The thing about the knocking that scared me was that right when there was knocking noises in the book, due to the entity or demon making itself known in the story, is when there was knocking below my house. It was the wee hours of the night and I tried to pass it off as house sounds or even raccoons. The knocking stopped when I closed the book... for good! I hardly like to think of that incident because it scared me so.
And as for the raccoons around the house I was in at the time, the demonic sounds I had heard from them at times is another freaky occurrence that deserves it's own story.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I didn't say I don't believe the OP though. She said she heard knocking. Why would I not believe her?

I have no idea what you are mentioning. My line of commentary was obviously misunderstood by you.. It happens

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Heather ORourk died of cardiac arrest and staff infection after being misdiagnosed with chrons disease. It was tragic but It was not totally unexplained. I remember the rumors flying about when that happened though so you're probably remembering them too. Scary movie and death of a child. Of course some would put a supernatural bent to it.

People connected to the production of that movie were who I saw first putting the supernatural bent to her death, regardless of what killed her, or the causes.
They also testified about the scary things that happened when making the movie.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
When I was listening to The Demonologist, about 3/4 through I head a very loud sound from the room adjacent to me. It was like someone had silently lifted up the solid oak computer desk and then left it down by pushing it against the wall and dropping it. I felt really freaked out while finishing that book for sure but it was audiobook so I just hid under the covers and let the narrator do the work.

I'm certain no one was in the room. It was about 3 in the morning and I live with my intermittently disabled mother. There was no way she was awake and doing heavy lifting.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CunningPerson Interesting that you had this happen around "the witching hour"
It might of been around that time when I got spooked.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Its possibly that you heard fears from your subconscious mind when your mind was in a restful state reading a book. Similarly when meditating I often wait to hear a click or tap in the room before my body can reach a deeper relaxed state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join