It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders - 'When You're White You Don't Know What It's Like To Be Poor'

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's a harsh truth, and if ever done we would find something out. If we killed the familes of the 9/11 hijackers, how many fewer terrorists would we have seen I wonder.

Instead, they support bombing countries where the collateral damage would be high, which we find creates terrorists rather than killing those closest to the terrorists to see how much that type of collateral damage (since either way you will have collateral damage) would impact terrorism, would it slow it down?

It might not, but then again, it might. But either way you go, fighting wars against countries, or killing a few family members, you are killing people who did no crime. And there is no way around it because in war there is always collateral damage.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And magically, this thread ends up being about TRUMP

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

But that's not what he actually said last night.

He should have just apologized and suffer less damaging consequences.

This is not good for Sanders.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This thread is not about Muslims...you are all making sure it steers off track. If anything, this is the most prejudice statement of any candidate so far. He is basically saying the only people in the US who are poor are black...or hispanic...not white.

His crusty old jewish side is showing....

link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Gee imagine that. Sanders was just trying to have a rational conversation about poverty and the right wing conservative radicals took offense to it. I'm shocked.

It's ironic that any time someone comments about how many white Americans don't fully understand what it's like to be black or brown American their response is always to demonstrate just how much they don't fully understand it by dismissing the entire conversation. I don't think that approach is going to work.

link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

I thought it ended up being about me and my 'character'.

No surprise either way.

What Sanders said can't possilby be defended. So they throw everything including the kitchen sink NOT to talk about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

I thought it ended up being about me and my 'character'.

No surprise either way.

What Sanders said can't possilby be defended. So they throw everything including the kitchen sink NOT to talk about it.

Because that's what Bernie fanatics (Regressive Bullies) do.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You're going to have to search youtube for Trump discussing killing families of terrorists. It's been brought up any times. It's not legal-- and if he somehow made it legal it would be horrible. Imagine our soldiers being ordered to break down the doors of innocent families of terrorists and executing them. Men women and children. That's a horrible dishonor to put on the soldiers. It's just a horrible dumb idea and it's a war crime.

Wow! What a vivid imagination.

He said he would "go after" families of terrorists.

Not kill them in their sleep.

lol!!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Neo, you should just leave this discussion. Don't try to justify your position. Your usual attempts of redirection... You're okay with the murder of innocent children. Wrong doesn't even cover it. You should take back those words and apologize. Or bow out and walk away. I just wonder how many others share your support of murder.

Bernie talked about an end to institutional racism and a broken criminal justice system. There is NOTHING wrong with that. WRONG is believing in the murder of innocent families. The moral compass WAY out of whack.

edit on 7-3-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

If it weren't for arguing in his favor against lies, I probably would never have learned quite so much about him.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Wow talk about off topic!

Lol. He scapegoats the cops when he gets called on his bulls#. He knows he was pandering to blacks. He's still pandering to blacks.

"Gee, what can I say that will--oh yeah, f# the police!"

And the idiocracy cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It sure can be defended. And has been. But you of course refuse to read it.

link   

originally posted by: Kitana

You know, that is how I started supporting trump. I did not initially support him, but I defended him once because I knew what he said against lies against him, then I found myself doing it again, after a few times I realized most of what was being said was wrong, and the more I found myself learning about Trump, the more I started feeling supportive, and then my guy fell rather flat (has now dropped out of the race) so Trump it is!

If it weren't for arguing in his favor against lies, I probably would never have learned quite so much about him.

Bizarre how that works. I don't even LIKE the guy, yet I see myself defending the obvious BULL***IT being said against him by practically everyone, while people on THEIR side go unchallenged, like Bernie in this case.

I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee though. And guess what, it's the "Liberals" making that vote MUCH easier for me.

link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Neo, you should just leave this discussion. Don't try to justify your position.

So you own me?

Your usual attempts of redirection... Y

That began pages back talking about Republicans and going on a tirade how they are 'anti science', and other rubbish.

You're okay with the murder of innocent children. Wrong doesn't even cover it.

WHAT does that have to do with Sanders comments ?

You should take back those words and apologize. Or bow out and walk away

Oh dear.

How about NO.

Cause I am like the current potus, and Sanders.

I AM never wrong.

link   
a reply to: Kitana

I agree Trump sounds good UNTIL he talks about committing war crimes. That's when he loses me-- and in a big way. Some people are still with him after that. And as witnessed in this discussion we see why. War crimes are not a deal breaker. Where as ending racism is.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It doesn't need to be defended. But it apparently needs to be explained to some people since they are losing the sh*t over it.

The fact is the majority of White Americans don't know what it's like to grow up in the ghetto or to grow up in some inner city slum. Do some white Americans know, sure, but not most. Certainly not the majority. What they know is what they've seen on TV or at the Movies. To claim otherwise is a lie.

That doesn't mean all white people are rich. Or that no white person has been raised in a poor black neighborhood either. It just means the majority of them don't know what it's like.

If you take offense to that I really don't know what to tell you.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn

It sure can be defended. And has been. But you of course refuse to read it.

So tell me then.

What does a 74 old WHITE guy know about adversity AA's face ?

Enlighten me.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So in your own words, you are like those you disagree with. And when it comes to murdering innocent people you believe if terrorists can do it, you can too. So by your own admission, your ethics rise only as high as the lowest filth on the planet.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The Trump discussion came out of a talk about terrorists and using human shields, such as their families. You see, the terrorist does not care who they kill so why should we? However, this is a hypothetical hot button. It is something to distract from the actual candidate and their stance on other issues.

We are in a thread about Bernie Sanders saying that white people do not understand being poor. If I asked 20 friends, I am sure that at least 7-8 live paycheck to paycheck, 7-8 are behind and maybe 4-6 have savings. Guess what? Out of those 20 there are blacks and Hispanics. A few even have savings. This is fear. This is splitting the nation. Making those how are in need think twice and those who have already made up their mind dig in.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yeah, it really is.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join