It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very modest 137 IQ (and I mean it)...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Only 137, LOL.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think anybody who posts their IQ should automatically have 30 points taken away.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

a reply to: TheElectricPriest Do we really need a 'whose d*** is bigger' thread?

Nah. Cuz, seriously, I've got that contest sewn up. Modestly.

On a serious, semi-on-topic, note; wtf has happened to ats lately? I barely even check in anymore with this type of crap being the new normal nowadays.

Love and Kisses!!
edit on 3/3/16 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

My IQ is 1000+ because I don't give a rats *** about this garbage.

EDIT: No problem, just being modest and just felt like sharing that out there. I mean really if you believe in IQ exams then....yeah you know. Ok, to a better mood with food!
edit on 3-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I worked with a guy once, introduced himself and immediately after pulled out his Mensa card
I quickly went to my wallet and got out my card
For the video library

Nothing against the poster and I kinda like that sort of humor

But that guy I worked with turned out to be a little socially challenged

That actually happened to me once, as well!

I told the douche, "That and an extra $50 will get you a tug added onto the rub down the street at the 'spa'."

He looked at me totally not getting what I said.

So much for IQ equating to actual smarts...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hahaha!! And you reference my favorite comic artist of all time in your avatar. Many, many kudos sir...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mrperplexed

That was a terrific response sir, and exactly what I was hoping to hear. You put that very well. I thank you for your insight...sincerely.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest
Completely agree...and you bring up an interesting point. Does IQ change over time? That's actually worthy of discussion...a thread all of its own.

I would have to think that there's a bell curve to IQ, and I would guess that for most people, it peaks in the late 20s through the early 40s--IQ is...well, let Google define it:

Intelligence Quotient

a number representing a person's reasoning ability (measured using problem-solving tests) as compared to the statistical norm or average for their age, taken as 100.

So, one's IQ is relative to the statistical average for their age--it's relative. So, I guess someone could have an IQ continually rise through the end of their life if their reasoning ability deteriorates at a dramatically lower rate than most others in their age group.

But keep in mind, an IQ test really does only measure problem-solving abilities; an IQ and knowledge are two different things, but many people seem to equate the two. Sure, the more knowledge you have, the higher IQ you'll probably have because it makes solving problems easier, but it's not always the case. I know some very smart people who lack the ability to apply that knowledge to life, and probably have a relatively low (or average) IQ.

I have personally never taken a sanctioned IQ test, but I have taken quite a few online and I always end up in the low-to-mid-140 range, my best being 146. But I am naturally able to see patterns relatively quickly, and that helps quite a bit on IQ tests. I'm not necessarily sure that makes me a ton more intelligent than the next guy who scores a measly 137

But I must agree with others on this thread--other than bragging rights or scholastic needs, I think an overall IQ score has little to do with real life and how successful and productive in a society someone can be. I mean, my IQ is relatively high, but I sit in front of a computer and basically do graphic design for a living (although there's a bit more to that)...and honestly, I'd rather be making things with my hands--something many would call a "trade skill."
edit on 3-3-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

At least you write well.The excellently constructed sentences,use of paragraphs,grammar and other very important literary constructs are a credit to you.

Unlike others that have a modest I.Q. of 140.😃

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Excellent response and thank you very much. You're totally right, where does creativity come into play. I wonder how Steve Vai (the man whom I consider to be the greatest guitar player on Planet Earth...oh, I'm a guitarist)...I wonder how he rates on this scale. Or maybe he rates high because he's so technical. What about Jack White? I just think you nailed it...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

At least you write well.The excellently constructed sentences,use of paragraphs,grammar and other very important literary constructs are a credit to you.

Unlike others that have a modest I.Q. of 140.😃

Thank you my friend. I was a bit bothered by some of the hatred that this thread garnered...I appreciate your words. The ability to communicate well is, to me, the hallmark of intelligence.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How about posting a link to an online IQ test, one that doesn't require personal details or charge for the result, just gives your score at the end. That way all who don't know their IQ but would like to know can do the test. Also it would mean that all those who want to partake in this thread and didn't know their IQ before hannd will know we all did exactly the same test.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mensa? That makes you "smart"??

I read an article where they were talking to members at one of their meetings. The main interviewee stated, "What happens to your ear wax if you don't clean your ears? See most people don't think about stuff like that."
And he blathered on and on. I just answered the question. They interview other members, etc. Finally, to show how "smart" they are they "revealed" what the answer is. And it was the same as what I said, "It dries up and falls out."

So, is that an example of smart? I don' think so. IQ and smart do not equate. Like has been posted prior it is just another way of saying you're better than somebody else. And Mensa just means your certified! In what... you decide!

BTW, as a pope of The Church of the Subgenius I hereby declare that all of you are now Popes of The Church of the Subgenius with all the responsibilities there in (basically conferring the title upon others you deem worthy!)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Where i live we have a brilliant theoretical physicist who's wife has to tie his shoelaces and drive him to work, because he cant figure out how to use a public bus or drive a car. and psycriatic wards are full of brilliant minds.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
IQ pretty stupid in judging who has the best argument on the Internet.

It does have some uses though in detecting certain disabilitys.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Mensa? That makes you "smart"??

I read an article where they were talking to members at one of their meetings. The main interviewee stated, "What happens to your ear wax if you don't clean your ears? See most people don't think about stuff like that."
And he blathered on and on. I just answered the question. They interview other members, etc. Finally, to show how "smart" they are they "revealed" what the answer is. And it was the same as what I said, "It dries up and falls out."

So, is that an example of smart? I don' think so. IQ and smart do not equate. Like has been posted prior it is just another way of saying you're better than somebody else. And Mensa just means your certified! In what... you decide!

BTW, as a pope of The Church of the Subgenius I hereby declare that all of you are now Popes of The Church of the Subgenius with all the responsibilities there in (basically conferring the title upon others you deem worthy!)

I like it Your Holiness. From...well...His Holiness.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

Where i live we have a brilliant theoretical physicist who's wife has to tie his shoelaces and drive him to work, because he cant figure out how to use a public bus or drive a car. and psycriatic wards are full of brilliant minds.

It's said Einstein didn't know his address or phone number, he had to look them up in a Rolodex when asked.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So using that logic... wouldn't it be Womensa???

Yup, up late one night listening to C2C and on pops Robert Anton Wilson! Poor Art didn't know how to talk to him! And RAW made us all Popes that night! So you can really mess with somebody by conferring the Title upon them... especially the unworthy! As RAW called it: Operation Mind F*

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
How about posting a link to an online IQ test, one that doesn't require personal details or charge for the result, just gives your score at the end.
That way all who don't know their IQ but would like to know can do the test. Also it would mean that all those who want to partake in this thread and didn't know their IQ before hannd will know we all did exactly the same test.

Ha, here, try this one, as it's from Mensa. I don't recall if you have to give them email addresses at the end or anything, but at least it's free. It's 30min. long.

And this is purposefully snarky, but IQ is all about problem solving, and if you couldn't solve the problem of finding an IQ test that fit within your parameters...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I took the quiz just out of curiosity. 15 minutes into it a received a phone call telling me to stop wasting their time and to pick up a hobby like staring into the sun or clapping.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join