It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very modest 137 IQ (and I mean it)...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So, when I read ol' boys post about shills and agents on this site, one thing I noticed was he got a lot of hating on for posting his IQ in the thread title. Honestly, I didn't really even think that much about it until I saw that it had excited a good bit of ire from those responding to the thread, and it made me want to post about it quickly and give the community an opportunity to examine our respective IQs.

I have taken an IQ test twice, and both times I scored a 137. Now I say in the title that I'm modest about that, and I mean it, because I really am annoyed that I didn't test higher. I've always felt as if I were a bit more brilliant than that number seems to denote (though this might just be natural hubris, certainly I'm as susceptible to the grandiosity generated by ego as the next), but I've also tried not to be encumbered by that number (I wouldn't even qualify for MENSA membership). I actually think I have a very simple mind, I often see things like a child, and I think that it's allowed for a certain amount of revelation in my observations. I don't know...but I wanted to start this simple thread revealing myself (kind of like the first kid getting out on the dance floor) and asking other members to post their IQs and perhaps discuss what that number means to you. This is only done in the spirit of fun and sharing, this isn't to either pump ourselves up or put ourselves down, I just honestly thought it might be somewhat interesting. I would wager that there are some outlandishly high IQ perusing this site daily. I look forward to observing our respective genius...

Peace...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't know my iq.
Nor do I care what it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I don't know my iq.
Nor do I care what it is.

Alrighty then...

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Do we really need a 'whose d*** is bigger' thread?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do we really need a 'whose d*** is bigger' thread?

Guys...it was really just something intended to be kind of fun and interesting. It's not something people put out there a lot and I thought it might be a curious thing to not only reveal it of ourselves, but to discuss what we think that number means. The last thing I intended to do was offer any offense in my suggestion, and I apologize if that's what I've done.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I have often wondered if IQ could be something like CUI (cubic inches) in a car or truck engine .If so it would mean a smaller well tuned engine could out perform the larger displacement .Two engines with the same capacity can also act differently depending on the stroke .Its not so much what you got but how you use it I guess .I see people that probably have lower IQ's but can do some smart moves while others with much higher IQ's do some pretty dumb things . Just saying

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe we have reached the dregs. So much wtf lately...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I am going Rat Motor all the way. If too much torque is good more is just right.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have an IQ of 14,123.

Q has nothing on me.

True story.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Sublimecraft because: OK, I lied, it's actually 143, cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Says the person hung like a donkey. I am speaking metaphorically of course.

link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I absolutely agree, and thanks for the feedback. This was the spirit of the post that I was hoping to elicit from some members. Yeah, it sort of begs the question, what is IQ? Is it biased according to societal upbringing as has been levied? Why do doctors undergo 8 hours of nutrition study in order to get their medical degree? I mention that last as a simple example of really smart people falling into really dumb learned patterns, whereas a child might tell you that you are what you eat.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well you do get a lot of grunt with the Rat for sure :>) its those darn Hemi's though .:>)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I have an IQ of 14,123.

Q has nothing on me.

True story.

Do you remember what Q's IQ was? It was revealed when the Q Continuum took his powers away and Dr. Crusher tested him....

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I worked with a guy once, introduced himself and immediately after pulled out his Mensa card
I quickly went to my wallet and got out my card
For the video library

Nothing against the poster and I kinda like that sort of humor

But that guy I worked with turned out to be a little socially challenged

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

I have an IQ of 14,123.

Q has nothing on me.

True story.

Do you remember what Q's IQ was? It was revealed when the Q Continuum took his powers away and Dr. Crusher tested him....

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I must admit I don't even know what my IQ would be.
We were tested at school until I was ten years old, but I don't suppose we were told the results even at the time.
I've never had any occasion since then to discover what it might have been.
Presumably on the good side; my reading skills were good enough for me to leave our "Infants" class a year early, which had a knock-on effect on the rest of my school and college life.
However, it's proverbial that intelligence doesn't always equate with wisdom. I don't see that the figure would have much relevance to anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I worked with a guy once, introduced himself and immediately after pulled out his Mensa card
I quickly went to my wallet and got out my card
For the video library

Nothing against the poster and I kinda like that sort of humor

But that guy I worked with turned out to be a little socially challenged

Hey, thanks man. I actually feel kind of bad, I didn't realize this simple post was going to stir up some ill feelings in people. Again, lord, never meant to do that. I never tell anyone my IQ, but honestly because I consider it not really that high. 137 isn't low, but it's not super high. I just read a biography on Bobby Fischer, and he had a 180. 180! Can you even imagine such a thing. Makes me feel humble...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I was listening to a radio show and it suggest that its all about geography . scholar.google.ca...< br />
I had pondered it this way and though Kayak , Canoe ,those sorts of things that most geographic locations require the peoples to address their unique challenges . Can you imagine holding the patent to just those two items .

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

I have an IQ of 14,123.

Q has nothing on me.

True story.

Ha! I can't believe you found that. Maybe you do have a 14000 IQ...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't know what my IQ is, but I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time. Or is it rub my head and pat my stomach... Give me a second... Oh I can do both. Yay me!
edit on 3-3-2016 by watchitburn because: Patting and rubbing... Giggety Giggety

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join