It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets discuss "Online Dating"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

In my particular case asking a funny question was key. I got many 'How you doin'?' like Joey from Friends which was fine, if a little unimaginative.

NonSpecific asked me 'how can you do an impression of Janice from Friends with a Lancashire accent?'. He was referring to a comment in my profile, and it was an open question and showed he had spent time actually reading my profile.

Read their profile and comment on it, it shows you haven't just looked at their picture and gone 'Nice. I would like to hit that.'

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I have to say that as I went on POF only 2 weeks after my fiance broke up with me. I did find that NonSpecific was a therapist for me due to the previous relationship dynamic I had to shake. He has now created his own monster, or brought the monster in me out to the surafce. Oh how he rues the day!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Akragon

The fact that Internet dating is even a thing makes me wonder if I ought to just give it up.

Maybe Journey were wrong, maybe I ought to stop believing, accept that the world is no longer a place where I might find some small measure of companionship in my physical life? All the magic has been sucked out of the world, every drop of its raw essence taking with it the colour from everything, leaving those who navigate the world by the sparks, the beacons of light and colour that are left, stumbling around in the half dark, wondering why they are still here, what their purpose is.

But if the real world is to become purgatory, then so be it. All I know for sure is that if there is a woman in the world for me, she sure as hell is not trying to get a date with the help of a damned algorithm.

I think maybe everyone started following Foreigner's example and just wants to know what love is, and wants someone to show them.

edit on 6/3/2016 by MrsNonSpecific because: missing word

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Completely agree, I have several examples within the people I know. I think, you got what you wanted, you have made your bed now lie in it, and now you have realised that,wait, it isn't what you wanted after all, and you should have taken the time to get to know yourself better before deciding. The fear of being alone is very strong, and can lead to very strange decisions is people lives.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Well, I think you may be right, although it must be more complicated than that, because I have shown an awful lot of love, and despite that, I have been told it is raining while something other than rain has been drenching me from a great height...

I assume that an explanation of just what that is, would be superfluous?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It could just be people.

I was devoted to my ex boyfriend, I am bloody good girlfriend. Up for anything or nothing, very easy going and patient. I loved him, and a little bit of that will never go away, but he cheated on me, and told me he no longer found me attractive. Which to anyone is just awful, but to me it was a repeat of what my first ever boyfriend had told me, and I thought it was me, and that NonSpecific would do the same, he may do, but he has out ran the last two put together.

It was them. I say in for a penny in for a pound, always have been, you should love like it is your last and one day it will stick, but up until today it hasn't.

Me and NonSpecific moved in together after 10 days of meeting online. 5 years later we are still together. In for a penny, F*** it, i am in for a pound.

Don't let that fact that the people you poured love on and rejected you change the way you love. That is the best bit about anyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I will not change how I love.

I will, however, have to be very careful about who I love. That is easy to say, but I tend to crash land like an iron cored meteorite, so to speak!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Me too!

Although I am quite picky, so lord knows how Nonspecifc snuck in. It's a good job I am more into humour than men's hairstyles.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

Me too!

Although I am quite picky, so lord knows how Nonspecifc snuck in. It's a good job I am more into humour than men's hairstyles.

I am simply epic???

And I make a damn fine soup taboot.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That, I think, worked out well for the both of you!

I am still so stoked about you two! The effect of knowing the both of you are all loved up together, is somewhat akin to the feeling one gets when looking at pictures of finger sized monkeys, or baby hedgehogs! It is cute and makes me smile, not to mention occasional bouts of just vocalising the dreaded squee noise.

Trust me, when you have a face like this, it is the LAST thing anyone expects!
edit on 7-3-2016 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error removal.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That, I think, worked out well for the both of you!

I am still so stoked about you two! The effect of knowing the both of you are all loved up together, is somewhat akin to the feeling one gets when looking at pictures of finger sized monkeys, or baby hedgehogs! It is cute and makes me smile, not to mention occasional bouts of just vocalising the dreaded squee noise.

Trust me, when you have a face like this, it is the LAST thing anyone expects!

Well this seems as good a time as ever to say this.

Myself and MNS are pretty old school. we like listening to radio 4 drama's reading Arthur Conan Doyle ect. you get the picture.

A few years ago we were discussing marriage and I said said that a great best man would be James May from Top Gear, real good egg and all. A true Brit as it where.

I have contacted his agent as regards to this but have not received a reply as of yet.

After consultation as to the next best option MNS agree's that it should be you.

This started off as a bit of a joke but the more we talk about it the more it makes sense.

So there you go, a simple question but would it not make for a great story?

Do you want to be best man at our wedding?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have questions...

1) Are you serious.

2) When and where?

3) Holy crap, are you serious?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okcupid was a fun game.
I recently beat it:

Ran out of women apparently.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I have questions...

1) Are you serious.

2) When and where?

1: We think so.

2: not sure yet.

3:yes we think so, double check with the boss.

To be fair it started as a joke but I have loads of people that "think" they should be my best man and that creates problems in itself.

Why not? you are a "True Brit" and I can only imagine that your speech will be awsome.

I like the fact that it is crazy and she agree's so hell yes it sounds like fun.

It's not me that has to explain to an elderly relative that the best man is some dude off the tinterweb that is for MNS to deal with but she is quite good at that kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have questions...

1) Are you serious.

2) When and where?

To be fair it started as a joke but I have loads of people that "think" they should be my best man and that creates problems in itself.

Why not? you are a "True Brit" and I can only imagine that your speech will be awsome.

I like the fact that it is crazy and she agree's so hell yes it sounds like fun.

It's not me that has to explain to an elderly relative that the best man is some dude off the tinterweb that is for MNS to deal with but she is quite good at that kind of thing.

I am crying. I am so happy!

It will be great, fun and genuine.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have questions...

1) Are you serious.

2) When and where?

I am crying. I am so happy!

It will be great, fun and genuine.

Whoopish whoops.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

I just went to see my friend tonight who was complaining abut the creeps on MeetChat I think it is called.
She is getting hit on by 60+ men with beer in their profile pics.

I will say one thing I think men may have better egos then women and will give it a crack.

I said to her it's maths, the more you ask one will say yes.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
Okcupid was a fun game.
I recently beat it:

Ran out of women apparently.

Clarification, I ain't exactly being picky & still ran out of options.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

What is "Special Blend"?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Well then, assuming all logistical elements are arranged in due time, and all potential calamities aside, of course I will! You are both completely mad buggers, you realise, but yes, this is a plan so insane that I have to be in on it!

I should warn you however, of the following. Not only am I unused to speaking to large audiences, but I am awful at remembering notes, and even worse at remembering names. This can have dire consequences at social functions. All of that being said, I would be utterly thrilled to not only be present at the moment of your marriage to one another, but also an orbital part of the process!

If I was even remotely agile enough, I would be doing backflips at the moment, but as it is, I shall just have to say that my heart is full with joy, and my throat filled with...good lord, what is that?

Anyway, hells yes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join