It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans don't like Americans ok...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

You do know that the growth of Latinos in us is by births and not illegal inmigration right?

Oh and the 2050 date is from a study from last year not 10 years ago
edit on 26-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mexicans and spanish have had beef with americans since day one, almost like a hatfield vs the mcoy style grudge. there have been Mexicans along the border since before the u.s. was a country. my family (my grandfathers mother was a zamora) is traced back to penitas texas since 1520, and I can attest to the grudges and distrust held by some Mexicans towards "el gringo" it is also true that the vast majority love America, americans and opportunity.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

and may I add most americans love Mexicans and Mexican culure as well, you know you love our tacos and our men and women lol there are probably over a million children of mixed Mexican and white background my children among them

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
You do know that the growth of Latinos in us is by birds and not illegal inmigration right?

You can go back and re-read your own claim that I was responding to, if you need to. It was about the spread of the language, not the spread of an ethnicity in general.

I've heard Brazilians are 'born kicking a soccer ball' but of course that's just an expression, so no, latinos are not born speaking Spanish. Most Spanish speakers don't even consider "Mexican" to be Spanish. Lunchear = to lunch!?! Truckar = to truck!?!?!

The growth of the Spanish language community in the US has been caused by the decades of illegal immigration leading to separate communities with no economic incentive to assimilate as previous groups always did.

That said, I doubt very much even legal citizens will be allowed to just 'crank out babies' as much as they happen to, especially if governance takes a totalitarian turn. If limits on child bearing and forced sterilizations along the lines of China's "one child policy" come to the US, it would seem obvious that a policy such as that would begin on the people with the least legal protection.

Who knows what it will eventually look like. As work gets more and more scarce, the right to have children and how many could become a privilege awarded for work and perhaps academic achievement. I mean who knows...the most I can guess is that solutions will be technocratic in nature.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

Stupidity is too strong in this thread

Here you go last year report from Cervantes institute, the one from Spain that tracks and try to maintain the integrity of Spanish

eldiae.es...

Not anedotical evidence or guess, a serious study of all Spanish speaking countries, but American populus always know better no?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

just like english is different but understood by Australians, americans, irish, new Zealanders etc etc Spanish is different yet understood by Mexicans, costa Ricans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, etc etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

OH YEAH they are great we love that stuff.
I have LOTS of buddies from Pueblo.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

just like english is different but understood by Australians, americans, irish, new Zealanders etc etc Spanish is different yet understood by Mexicans, costa Ricans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, etc etc.

Yeah the Island Latinos IMO speak very fast, like a mile a min, while Mexicans speak very slow , Jamaica barely missed remaining Spanish if the Maroons hadn't abandoned them while others just switched sides.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Generally, obviously not always, schools on the continent (what we would say Spain, France, Germany, Holland - mainland Europe) are taught language from an early age. Probably as English is vastly used. I would also say their curriculum recognise the importance of taking advantage of our language acquisition devises.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

TESOL was supposed to revolve around TEACHING ENGLISH to non English speaking students, instead it has mutated into Teaching in a language other than English. That's separate, but by no means equal.

You sure about that? I teach TESOL, and the only language I teach is English.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I understand, but it is used in precisely the same way as in English so I corrected it for anybody who may want to know.
In Spanish in Spain the more common words to get attention are oye! and oiga! (a bit more formal).

edit on 26-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have to disagree, I'm a white boy with glasses. In my experience the most generous and friendly or inviting families and individuals or even customers I work for are Mexicans.

I get single tips $5+ almost everyday at least once if not more. I notoced most the people that tip me are Mexicans. One family gave me $10. Some dude today gave me $6. Also $5 all Mexican, and I'm white.

My best friends mother who loves me like a son, and his sisters like a brother. Are Mexican. They open their home to me anytime I need it.

edit on 26-2-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have made something of a tradition of going to Mexico for Christmas. I really enjoy spending time in Progresso. I speak enough Mexican Spanish to get by. I have been told, in Spanish, that I sound like Tarzan.
The food is superb. The tequila is cheap. I love the place.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Who said anything about what you just mentioned?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain
Mirar certainly is not slang. It is a regular Verb which simply means to look.

*sigh*

And when you use it to get someone's attention are you always asking them to look?

No need to answer, that was rhetorical.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Umm and Spanish speaking Hispanic Catholics came from what country?

Show me a native North American that has been in power sense after the 1600's and you might have a point.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
No even 200 years ago, you people stole their land

they are just returning home, learn the local language

This is crazy!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The world has done America a favour by allowing it's currency to be the accepted international reserve currency and by allowing Saudi Arabia to only sell oil in dollars.

These two things are the main contributing factors to why the US has the largest economy on the planet.

So it's only fair that the US should open it's borders to foreigners who want a chance to get their hands on a share of this generated wealth for themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
America is becoming the nation of accommodations, immigrants, illegals and whatever comes into this country no looking to accommodate themselves with the nations traditions, culture, language and way of life, but expect Americans to accommodate for them.

Then when American born decided they do not want to accommodate for others, is then tag offensive, racist, bigotry and anti-Semitism.

Welcome to the America kiss butt to anybody else but "Americans" nation, even when Americans tax payers pay for everything in the nation including to support immigrants, illegals and whatever else.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Hey when you find that wealth let me know so I can get some, because I am still looking for it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join