It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans don't like Americans ok...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I know this is hard to comprehend for a lot of people but a lot of Mexicans(not all) really don't like America or Americans. They are here for benefits and to either send money back to their relatives, save money and eventually go back to Mexico... Or a other reasons not worth listing.

How do I know this?

Well I live in SoCal in a heavily immigrant population area and I've been able to asses this through many interactions I've had with a lot of them.

They are mostly nice people don't get me wrong and I can't really blame them for wanting to leave their country but the truth is the truth ok. I don't know why... It doesn't really make sense to me.

It's weird when you meet someone who's lived in the US for over a decade and still doesn't speak the language and has no intent on learning it. Why is that? How is that even possible doesn't make sense to me?

It's weird because when I want to show that I'm trying to be cordial and respectful the first thing I do is try to learn more about their language and culture and communicate this interest in learning as a way to find a common ground.

Isn't that weird? So many immigrants coming here but hating us and our culture but taking full advantage of its resources.

Observations please.

Oh if you call me a racist don't plan on a response I'm not listening to that.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well I live in SoCal in a heavily immigrant population area and I've been able to asses this through many interactions I've had with a lot of them.

It's not about 'liking' America, it's about having more opportunity.

Why is that? How is that even possible doesn't make sense to me?

There's not really a reason to. Most services in SoCal can be had via Spanish, most places offer multiple language choices. A lot of actual Americans speak more than 1 Language and english is not their first.

It's weird because when I want to show that I'm trying to be cordial and respectful the first thing I do is try to learn more about their language and culture and communicate this interest in learning as a way to find a common ground.

There are very large spanish communities, why would one venture out of there if there was no reason to? I know people who live in China town who don't speak English and who have never really left that area. Doesn't make them any less Canadian by my standards.

Isn't that weird? So many immigrants coming here but hating us and our culture but taking full advantage of its resources.

If America had any kind of actual culture other than pop music, hollywood and clown show politics, maybe I would agree with you. But America's actual Culture is derived from centuries of immigration, which means any culture technically fits within the purview of America.

~Tenth

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
No even 200 years ago, you people stole their land

they are just returning home, learn the local language

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So your telling me if you moved to France for tens years you wouldn't learn French?

+31 more 
link   
a reply to: Indigent

It's not 1848 so I didn't steal #.

+1 more 
link   
Does anyone still like Americans?

Like acid in your mouth mostly.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So your telling me if you moved to France for tens years you wouldn't learn French?

NOPE

The French hate French Fries the MOST !!!!!!

edit on 25-2-2016 by Whatmatters because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes I'm making an observation so it's going to be anecdotal.

Sorry I didn't conduct any studies I don't have time for that.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Well don't come to America then. Don't ask us for help either, or expect our protection... (NATO)

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
No even 200 years ago, you people stole their land

they are just returning home, learn the local language

That is retarded, there is not one person alive who's grandparents took part, or who grandparents lost.

Total troll post!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

My experience is different most if not all the Mexicans that I talk with and live next to will bend over backwards to help out if needed and they don't expect anything in return but to be treated like a PERSON.

Why move to a heavy Latin population if you have a problem with them?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Do we have a official language?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Everyone loves Americanos

Everyone hurles thinking about your sucky goverment

But since Obama prefers tweeting with Ferguson about jeans or playing golf with Najib during the greatest Malaysian floods or on his PlayStation smashing Wood's wife

NO ONE CARES ANYMORE

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

From rotten teeth, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigent

It's not 1848 so I didn't steal #.

To be fair to 'tenth it's the modern way. I've got friends who work abroad and have been in Eastern Europe for decade, they are highly educated, confident, respectful.... But stick to the local english scene and don't learn the language.

It's just how most people are. It's hard to learn a language.

EDIT It looks like I replied to the wrong post.
edit on 25-2-2016 by and14263 because: Porque lo hace.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How do you know they are all Mexican? You ask them? Yo esse, mira, eres Mexicano?

edit on 25-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lot of trolling in the thread.

People do love Americans,including Mexicans.

People despise the American government and what they do, including Americans.

Personally,I think we really need to lose the superiority attitude ASAP. That is what makes people hate Americans.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Call me troll all you want 168 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things and some people want back what was theirs

reconquista

By the looks of it they are wining

Illegal immigration into the southwest states is sometimes viewed as a form of reconquista, in light of the fact that Texas statehood was preceded by an influx of U.S. settlers into that Mexican province until United States citizens outnumbered Mexicans 10–1 and were able to take over governance of the area. The theory is that the reverse will happen as Mexicans eventually become so numerous in that region that they can wield substantial influence, including political power.

edit on 25-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How do you know they are all Mexican? You ask them? Yo esse, mira, eres Mexicano?

LOL
I peed

Marica (now I know where that came from LoLo )

edit: I meant murican

www.languagerealm.com...

edit on 25-2-2016 by Whatmatters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatmatters
Marica (now I know where that came from LoLo )

'Mira' means 'look' in slang and is a way of getting someone's attention, like 'hey'.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join