It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I like Satan cause it makes Christians squirm in their delusions and every now again, wakes them up from it!

You'll never touch God's hand You'll never taste God's breath Because you'll never see the second coming Life's too short to be focused on insanity I've seen the ways of God I'll take the devil any day Hail Satan~ Slayer~

Satan's hand begins the end And frees the world forever Gomorrah's dream to live in sin Has reached its critical mass Man himself has become God And laughs at his destruction In which we trust a secret government Is now in total collapse~ Slayer~ World Painted Blood.

edit on fWednesday160825f081505 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Well, Satan isn't believed in by practicing Satanists of the church of Satan, but they certainly do not hold a monopoly on the term "Satanist". They do worship Satan. They may not realize or admit it, but that's precisely what they do. In essence they worship everything they feel he embodies, and then they don't believe in his existence. Satan loves it when someone doesn't believe he exists. His "job" becomes much easier under those circumstances.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

It would have been if they'd followed my link to the Vice article/interview.

Something else that bears mention is that LaVey drew inspiration from and in fact, copied directly from the 1890 book Might is Right which as it happens, is a very appropriately titled tome.

Here's a passage for the curious. The full text can be found at Internet Archive:

The natural world is a world of war; the natural man is a warrior; the natural law is tooth and claw. All else is error. A condition of combat everywhere exists. We are born into perpetual conflict. It is our inheritance, even as it was the heritage of previous generations. This 'condition of combat' may be disguised with the holy phrases of St. Francis, or the soft deceitful doctrines of a Kropotkin or Tolstoi, but it cannot be eventually evaded by any human being or any tribe of human beings. It is there and it stays there, and each man (whether he will or not) has to reckon with it. It rules all things; it governs all things; it reigns over all things and it decides all who imagine policemanized populations, internationally regulated tranquillity, and State organized industrialism so joyful, blessed and divine.

Behold the crucifix, what does it symbolize? Pallid incompetence hanging on a tree.

Another influence of LaVey was Ayn Rand who isn't quite a crass as the author of Might is Right but it's all the same sociopathic shtick — narcissism, egoism, Social Darwinism, etc. Ayn Rand dresses it up a bit better so that people can pretend that Objectivism is something more than a justification for being an asshole.

There's a certain poetry in Satan being made the mascot. For all the tough talk, typical members of these Social Darwinistic ideological movements aren't necessarily the sort that would fair well in mankind's primordial environment under the law of the jungle. Adhering to the dogma, they can only succeed as long as most people in society maintain the reciprocity that they themselves are ignoring so in that regard their behavior is intrinsically deceptive and its in deception that lies the greatest advantage.

Can you imagine Alan Greenspan in a pit fight?

Edit to explain:

I mention Greenspan because he was part of Ayn Rand's Collective.
edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

Well, Satan isn't believed in by practicing Satanists of the church of Satan, but they certainly do not hold a monopoly on the term "Satanist". They do worship Satan. They may not realize or admit it, but that's precisely what they do. In essence they worship everything they feel he embodies, and then they don't believe in his existence. Satan loves it when someone doesn't believe he exists. His "job" becomes much easier under those circumstances.

If you look at what you wrote, you are basically saying that the promotion and betterment of the self as an ideal, which is what the CoS promotes, is somehow worshipping Satan (the entity described as the root of all evil in the Abrahamic religions).

So then, what we have is that humanity should not better itself outside the rules laid down by god.

Why?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

Unless you were actually referring to Theistic Satanists who do practice black magic and worship the Abrahamic Satan, you're just wrong about what practitioners of LaVeyan Satanism believe or worship. As I posted some of the main philosophical aspects of the CoS on the previous page, perhaps you could tell me how exactly the following is an example of me worshipping everything an entity I don't believe in embodies... Particularly 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2.Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3.When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
4.If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5.Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6.Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7.Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8.Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9.Do not harm little children.
10.Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

best post in the entire thread!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

Follow that up with some Deicide and you have a party going.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
No I am exhausted. Arent you kind. Provide a link for your source. Not that I dont trust you, but....no thats it.

Grand, the old dismiss-and-demand. The source is The Satanic Bible, 2006 Edition. I dont know how to upload pdfs on here but you can find it yourself.

Somehow I dont expect a cult defender to admit that they were wrong, hmm.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall
So it's impssible to have not slept in over 36 hours? Or more for that matter. Nor am I a cultist or this a cult. The henry markow link? Something to that name?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Somehow I dont expect a cult defender to admit that they were wrong, hmm.

You're so right about that. I NEVER see Christians admitting they are in error. It really frustrating.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Clearly you don't realize that the theistic Satanists are cultists whereas the one described in the OP is a religion and even more an approach to life or philosophy.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Are you now blaming your accusing me of not reading the book when you didnt know what it says, on your lack of sleep? I never said you were in the cult, just that you defended it, and it is a new age cult. What henry makow link? What are you talking about? Go get some sleep, you're not making sense.

a reply to: peter vlar
Why do christians being hypocrites excuse satanists from being hypocrites? Its doubly shameful, particularly as satanists claim to hate hypocritical faiths. It is incredibly stupid how people defend this.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
A lot of time and effort into something that doesn't even exist except within our own minds.. Don't believe me look at LaVey, didn't do him much good and he was the Godfather of it all...lol

He died at 67 of pulmonary edema. He was taken to St. Mary's, a Catholic hospital...lol

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Page 11 of the pdf as I already mentioned once before, The Satanic Bible 2006 edition. You could tell me how to upload it so I can do so, or find it yourself. Dont just get angry for being wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoCom
The biggest take-away from what Satanism really is, is that Satanists do not worship Satan. They don't even believe he exists. Satan is used more as a symbol of Satanists' place outside of the boundaries of traditional religion, their rebellion against rigidity, and their distaste for the supernatural. In fact, Satanists largely believe that religion can and should be separated from supernatural beliefs, as a religion should provide the framework for how to live a moral life with community and culture divorced from traditional superstitions. Their faith is in the tangible world, a materialistic view rooted in science and critical thinking. According to the Satanic Temple:

Isn't this saying you are an atheist basically the same thing as above?

edit on 25-2-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Im not angry. You hadnt specified the page earlier. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Just going to complete your quote so it is more in context. "On that score, the Church of Satan may be justly criticized, although even its critics will
have to admit that its philosophy is based on logic and real conditions that exist in the world"

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Surely you see the immorality in saying "the world's doing it so let's exacerbate it"? They admit to being a selfish faith, which you didn't believe, and they're proud of it. I find it despicable. I understand it, but it's nonetheless despicable.

They just give atheists a bad name, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

It's called sarcasm. The implication was that Christianity was a cult as well. Did you go in for a tonsillectomy and wake up with no funny bone too? Go get yourself a glass of milk and a couple of cookies and then take a deep breath.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join