It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That is an astute comment and I commend you for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Satan isn't believed in or worshipped by "SATAN"ists? Hmm why would anyone assume this thread is about to blow up? I'll see your anti Satan satanism, and raise you one hand of poppycock!!! Because I come from the church of the mighty grasshopper; where we do not worship grasshopper at all! And surely "Buddhism" has nothing to do with Buddha. Let's all be open minded here. Because, an open mind, a vast open space between your ears...where nothing that comes in can stay...no opinions formed can be kept...is the way to go...right??? Actually, I can't say if that is right or wrong, because I'm trying to keep an open mind on the subject.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

But its not anti-Satan....did you even read. Im showing my way out from this...first sin...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

The same lie from the beginning. We can be our own Gods without God.

Surely you will not die

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said to the woman: No, you shall not die the death [the first lie].

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in what day soever you shall eat thereof, your eyes shall be opened: and you shall be as Gods [the second lie], knowing good and evil.

Don't fall for the oldest deception: That we can be Gods without God and that we can get to God without the Son.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
Satanism is all about being selfish and indulging in the lower self, the animalistic side of our dualistic nature. Its about me first and survival of the fittest. Its about anti spirituality and all about the physical. It's about addiction and putting the self before others. It is what the modern world has become. It's just flat out ugly. a reply to: DisinfoCom

In an infinite universe, nothing has value. It's kind of the running cosmic joke.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What's to prove? The truth speaks for itself.. If you have the wherewithal to put the truth to real use, or sweep it under the rug of denial is a choice, not a matter of belief. Discernment of facts and evidence which includes testimony. Knowing how to discern what is rubbish and what is truth is a gift everyone has, but only if they exercise it. Simply waving a hand and rolling the eyes of denial doesn't make it untrue.

What truth exactly? The truth of religion? Which religion bares the absolute truth?
You see how ridiculous this gets...
I'm sorry anecdotes aren't enough to back up claims of the supernatural or paranormal of any form.
If it's convincing to anyone, then their standards for evidence are just lower than those who deny and/or are skeptical of said "truth".

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Tiamat384

I think the church of Satan's big mistake was choosing the name of Satan to represent their non-worship ideology.
They should have called themselves the church of non-worship and left it at that.
What we get now is hate by association, literally.

That's exactly why LaVey did it. To rile up the bible thumpers.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Your lost like the rest of this temporary modern world. Serving of the self over others; even a lot of animals dont do this. We are de-evolving at a frightening rate. We should call this time period "The Kardashian era" lol a reply to: Klassified

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra
Mm, no, but sure. It is fun to rile them up.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

What's to prove? The truth speaks for itself.. If you have the wherewithal to put the truth to real use, or sweep it under the rug of denial is a choice, not a matter of belief. Discernment of facts and evidence which includes testimony. Knowing how to discern what is rubbish and what is truth is a gift everyone has, but only if they exercise it. Simply waving a hand and rolling the eyes of denial doesn't make it untrue.

What truth exactly? The truth of religion? Which religion bares the absolute truth?
You see how ridiculous this gets...
I'm sorry anecdotes aren't enough to back up claims of the supernatural or paranormal of any form.
If it's convincing to anyone, then their standards for evidence are just lower than those who deny and/or are skeptical of said "truth".

You don't even understand what truth I am talking about, which presents the sole problem you are faced with.

Other's know what the truth is just by reading my post and know what I mean. You have to get past certain barriers before you can synthesize that truth you lack, and to do that takes something you are obviously not willing to give. So, none of this will make any sense to you anyways..

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What You Should Know About Satanism

...everyone should know about Displacement first.
The psychology of the good-cop/bad-cop/saviour mechanism is well known and is glaringly apparent in the God/satan/jesus matrix - as is the OP title that asks you to accept its premise with an appeal to knowledge...if you accept that you have that knowledge - then you should know better. If you reject that the knowledge exists - then you should know better.
Predicated on the displacement of the simple lesson of responsibility - that matrix has a use, but the matrix has been made the subject, specifically bad-cop...all the while, abrogating responsibility for personal thought and action that is conveniently given over to the scapegoat - whether real or not is an irrelevancy subsumed by the compulsion to not be to blame.

Å99

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

THE SECOND BOOK OF ORIGIN
In the mind of the Lord God Satan was a single Thought which, when it became, as He ordained, the Inspiring Thought by which men and women would write down the Knowledge and Wisdom, would be like light refracted through a prism revealing the colours of the rainbow. Each of these colours would be like a jewel of wisdom, and on the plane of ideas, become a Book, or library of books containing all that humankind could possibly need with which to lead the Good Life, governed by reason – a corpus of knowledge which could be applied to all situations, under all conditions.

Among the gods, Lord Satan, being the wisest deity, was much loved and respected. But there was one who became exceedingly jealous of Him and, one day while Lord Satan was walking in the Hall of the Gods, offered to sing to the Lord in order, he said, to give Lord Satan the power by which to directly communicate with humankind.
[This was in the days of eternity before humankind – or any life on earth - had evolved.]

And so it was that the Lord, to humour the usurper/jealous god, listened to his song and yet was so enchanted by its sweetness that He fell under its spell – and into deep slumber.
The jealous god seized his opportunity and took from Satan as much wisdom as he could and, before Lord Satan could descend to the world, where humankind had now become established, in order to properly instruct them, the jealous god descended himself among the children of the earth and gave them such tones of wisdom that he had stolen from Lord Satan.
This jealous god also slandered Satan to the core by telling the children of the earth that Satan was an evil entity and that He had been trapped in this world (which, he said, explained all its challenges), but that he promised to destroy Satan at the end of days. At this message, the children of the earth became afraid and swore they would take refuge only in the jealous god, and to worship this god with sacrifice and piety.

When Satan awoke, he descended to earth to give instruction to humanity; but He was met with hostility and fear, for even those who still believed in many gods (and the gods were being slandered also), believed that Satan was the evil one (for the jealous god had poisoned the minds of the polytheists as well). The people then declared Satan to be a demon who presided over forbidden knowledge.
Yet even this situation was meat to Lord Satan’s plan, even though at the time He did not see it ...

onyx bible

epsat.webs.com...

LORD SATAN, summon not
As if He* were some spirit of the air
Invoke not the MASTER,
Unless you mean your Magick Self (Known as SATAN also)
Do not beg for favours like a dog!
But sacrifice – make holy?
Nonsense, no!
God smells not the burning bones below!
Nor cry for mercy –
In this life or hereafter

Do not grovel on the ground Before some Oriental Potentate
Proclaim not in public
That others might admire your piety Or stand in judgement by it Being not as you!
But to yourself, with Self as silent witness to your Love
Say plainly the Four Words Great and Holy
“God, I love you!”

Nice

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
How the # are people still stupid enough to claim scriptures are fact of anything ever happening ever?

When he asked for facts the devil was real, he was more or less not asking for the same bull# you spew over god. He already probably knows that's bull#, and definitely meant, like you know, real #ing facts.

You #ing cry over the end times and blame psychology and Satan, all the meanwhile you haven't mastered the difference between OPINION and FACT. If our race really IS doomed, it would be my OPINION, it's these people's #ing fault. Not the Satanists.

Ps. # religion. All of them. Being the lesser of two evils doesn't mean Satan isn't evil you retards.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You don't even understand what truth I am talking about

Enlighten me then to said truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
I don't think there is any truth. Not a One Truth anyways. We all perceive reality differently.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It should be noted that there are definitely "goth looking" satanists.

I highly recommend reading Vice - Unmasking Lucien Greaves, Leader of the Satanic Temple by Shane Bugbee from 2013.

The follow that up by reading Shane Bugbee's blog post from 2014 after the two had a falling out.

In my opinion, the world really doesn't need what Mesner and the OP are promoting. Why? Consider the following from Mesner in the linked Vice article (my bold):

The Satanic Temple was actually conceived of independent from me by a friend and one of his colleagues. They envisioned it more as a “poison pill” in the Church/State debate. The idea was that Satanists, asserting their rights and privileges where religious agendas have been successful in imposing themselves upon public affairs, could serve as a poignant reminder that such privileges are for everybody, and can be used to serve an agenda beyond the current narrow understanding of what “the” religious agenda is. So at the inception, the political message was primary, though it was understood that there are, in fact, self-identified Satanists who live productive lives within the boundaries of the law, and that they do deserve just as much consideration as any other religious group. I was brought in originally as a consultant due to my expertise in the history of witch hunts and my understanding regarding conceptions of Satanism. While the original thinking was that the Satanic Temple needed to hold to some belief in a supernatural entity known as “Satan,” none of us truly believed that. I helped develop us into something we all do truly believe in and wholeheartedly embrace: an atheistic philosophical framework that views “Satan” as a metaphorical construct by which we contextualize our works. We’ve moved well beyond being a simple political ploy and into being a very sincere movement that seeks to separate religion from superstition and to contribute positively to our cultural dialogue. To this end, I am very much an activist.

and

It is our goal to separate religion from superstition. Religion can and should be a metaphorical narrative construct by which we give meaning and direction to our lives and works. Our religions should not require of us that we submit ourselves to unreason and untenable supernatural beliefs based on literal interpretations of fanciful tales. Non-believers have just as much right to religion—and any exemptions and privileges being part of a religion brings—as anybody else.

It sounds very much like he wants to create a religion for people who don't believe in the supernatural which sound a whole helluva lot like an admission that people need dogmatic belief systems — which they don't — and I'm not convinced that simply replacing the supernatural being with a metaphorical construct is in any way better. Furthermore, I'd think given his Harvard education in cognitive science, Mesner would understand that blind faith in unflinching allegiance to things other than supernatural beings can be just as powerful and just as harmful. Is it any better to be a kamikaze pilot than a suicide bomber? That really makes me wonder if he doesn't have far less selfless ulterior motives.

Welcome to the anti-cult cult, same as the old cult?
edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is a difference between promoting and informing....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: NateTheAnimator
I don't think there is any truth. Not a One Truth anyways. We all perceive reality differently.

Ergo - there is perception.

Truth is not demonstrable except through the experiential, and it is not, of necessity, able to be verbally transmitted.

...language being 'a virus from outer space'

Å99
edit on 24-2-2016 by akushla99 because: Adddddd

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: akushla99
Agreed. Never have I stated otherwise

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

The author of the article at Disinfo is one Jessica Thorne (Thorne? I've seen The Omen ffs) and "her" bio pic has a pentagram watermark which seems to indicate to me that the author is herself a Satanist.

That's enough for me to call into question the author's objectivity.

Which brings me to a second point. Promoting an agenda/ideology/religion/whatever without full disclosure of involvement is deceitful. Ironically, isn't that the exact MO of disinformation agents?
edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join