It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom
sorry but the "church of satan" is not a religion. they do not believe in any diety, they are athiests. now theistic satanism, well that's a whole different story.

Hail Satan

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

You do realise you just tied atheism to religion?

Did you see my post that outlines the basic tenets of the philosophy? There is nothing evil or satanic about it and it adheres much closer to Christ's principles than what is shouted from pulpits on Sunday.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Not at all. Perhaps you should read the portion you quoted? Tenets of the philisophy. It can't be a religion if there are no deities and you aren't worshipping anything. It is an Atheistic Philosophy. It's not a religion, there is no Satan there are no supernatural deities or entities.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Not at all. Perhaps you should read the portion you quoted? Tenets of the philisophy. It can't be a religion if there are no deities and you aren't worshipping anything. It is an Atheistic Philosophy. It's not a religion, there is no Satan there are no supernatural deities or entities.

It's a bit disappointing really. Like saying I'm a Christian but don't believe in the existence of Christ or God. Worse so that the name has been chosen to directly coincide with a particular religions deities arch-nemesis in effect. It doesn't seem a particularly nice thing to do unless you with to purposefully cause waves of upset. It's like saying I'm part of a Nazi Church, but we aren't Nazis and hate Hitler and what he stands for.

If satanism did intact see Satan as a deity in his own right, uncovering the demurge of the Christian God I'd be feeling more respectably in a strange kind of way. A theistic Satanism I can comprehend more, otherwise choose a name that's not an assault on another's belief effect.

BTW I'm not Christian or any mainstream religion.
edit on 27-2-2016 by ObsidianEclipse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Church of Satan?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm here for the Satanists who do the animal sacrifices and other evil stuff. You never hear about those guys. How come they always get ignored?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

So basically Satanists are a bunch of unenlightened, sado-masochistic spiritually devolved hipsters.

Got it.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ObsidianEclipse

Satanic Tenant 4.

"The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own"

Sounds rather a refreshing attitude in these PC/Censorship days

edit on 28-2-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What is so comical is in Judaism Ha Satan is a regular angelic being who has a specific job and can not act outside God's plan.

Christianity fabricates him as God's enemy when God has no enemies. Why? Because Jews assign good and evil alike to God, but Zoroastrianism influenced both faiths and Satan got a new job as the architect of all evil in Christianity. Christianity is a syncretic faith and not original at all.

Christianity produces the most annoying people who lie and don't even know it half the time, the other half they lie about how much they know, what they know, deny history, common sense and logic.

Chistians, nobody likes you accept Satan.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Othello420

What is so comical is in Judaism Ha Satan is a regular angelic being who has a specific job and can not act outside God's plan.

An archetypal, mythological character in stories people tell to each other
An aspect of the Human Mind yet to be seen in the world
I look around and see the evil Humanity does to itself whilst blaming God and Satan

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
Agreed.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnFisher

Unless you were actually referring to Theistic Satanists who do practice black magic and worship the Abrahamic Satan, you're just wrong about what practitioners of LaVeyan Satanism believe or worship. As I posted some of the main philosophical aspects of the CoS on the previous page, perhaps you could tell me how exactly the following is an example of me worshipping everything an entity I don't believe in embodies... Particularly 5, 6, 8, 9 & 10

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2.Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3.When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
4.If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5.Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6.Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7.Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8.Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9.Do not harm little children.
10.Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

That all sounds nice and peachy, but they are half-time truths at best. Sure, don't rape people, but I'm assuming that if you specified rape as a restriction, then sex is perfectly fine in any and all circumstances as long as it is consensual. Hopefully 'not harming a child' provides an additional restriction to the tolerated sexual practices among members of COS. I'm not sure what members of COS consider 'harm'. For lack of better terms don't 'murder' animals. That's great, but it's a shame that people don't get the same treatment. It sucks for people who despite their efforts still manage to annoy the wrong person In the wrong lair. They clearly aren't as valued as non-human animals which is why there's the undertone of 'us four and no more'. Don't seek to connect with people unless they're your friends. And so on and so forth. These rules point toward other more subtle principles that are removed from the God of the Christian faith and His complete and simple truths. This disconnect from the God of the Christian faith is the embodiment of Satan as we followers of Jesus know him, and it is in essence worshipped by members of COS.

Through Jesus we are saved by grace rather than the law because we cannot live up to the legalistic requirements of religion. We accept His gift, and with faith comes genuine spiritual healing In His time. Anyone can accept it too.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher
[

That all sounds nice and peachy, but they are half-time truths at best.

Not at all true. The only half truths are your following responses.

Sure, don't rape people, but I'm assuming that if you specified rape as a restriction, then sex is perfectly fine in any and all circumstances as long as it is consensual.

It doesn't specify rape, it says do not make unwanted sexual advances. Tell me again... why is consensual sex wrong when far more heinous acts are depicted in Judeo-Christian scripture like rape, murder and incest? But you guys are the moral metric I should measure my standards by? No thanks.

Hopefully 'not harming a child' provides an additional restriction to the tolerated sexual practices among members of COS.

You're absolutely right. There are so many members of the CoS accused of pedophilia, rape and murder of children and exploiting them for pleasure. Oh wait... sorry, that's Catholic priests, Anglican priests, members of the Church of England the British and American governments and on and on...
Oh damn, nope it wasn't any members of the CoS who were caught using meth with male prostitutes, that was Ted Haggard. Yup... we're the bad guys aren't we?

I'm not sure what members of COS consider 'harm'.

The same thing as it means to anyone else.

For lack of better terms don't 'murder' animals. That's great, but it's a shame that people don't get the same treatment.

To murder someone, you are harming them. So it's not permitted, not acceptable, not tolerated. The implication that murdering someone is permissible boggles my mind. When I was in the Army, nearly everyone was a Christian and those who weren't, nearly all were adherents to one of the Abrahamic faiths but none of them had any hang-ups about killing other humans simply because someone else of higher rank issued the orders to do so. None of them seemed to have any hang-ups over killing peoples pets, dogs...cats... if it breathed it was fair game. But I'm the one who is antithetical to your teachings? I'm somehow the evil one because I value all life and would only kill in self defense or in defense of those I care for? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOkayyyyy

It sucks for people who despite their efforts still manage to annoy the wrong person In the wrong lair. They clearly aren't as valued as non-human animals which is why there's the undertone of 'us four and no more'. Don't seek to connect with people unless they're your friends. And so on and so forth.

You're drawing arbitrary conclusions simply because you view the philosophy as antithetical to your personal faith and insinuating acceptable actions that simply are not acceptable. If I were to go to your home as a guest, I would bend over backwards to be as respectful as humanly possible as I can in YOUR home where your rules etc... supersede all else. How am I wrong or evil for wanting the same level of respect to be given in my abode as I am willing to give in the abode of another? I view all life equally and respect all life equally. It really is that simple.

These rules point toward other more subtle principles that are removed from the God of the Christian faith and His complete and simple truths. This disconnect from the God of the Christian faith is the embodiment of Satan as we followers of Jesus know him, and it is in essence worshipped by members of COS.

No, you couldn't be farther from the truth. We worship no entities, no deities, no demiurge. We do not dwell in a realm of hypocrisy as the majority of Christians I know and have encountered do. Those who actualkly attempt to walk in the footsteps of Christ are a very rare gem in this world.

Through Jesus we are saved by grace rather than the law because we cannot live up to the legalistic requirements of religion. We accept His gift, and with faith comes genuine spiritual healing In His time. Anyone can accept it too.

That's wonderful for you if that works on a personal level in your favor. I don't need Jesus to know right from wrong or to be a good person. Like Ghandi once said, "I like your Christ but not your Christians". The message attributed to Jesus after you wade through the extraneous BS of Pauline Doctrine,is a wonderful message. It's such a shame that his followers seem to cherry pick which parts they want to incorporate and ignore so much more as they look down their noses at the world.

At the end of the day, someone will always know where they stand with me. There is no hypocrisy. That is the sole province of the faithful who are constantly declaring what is wrong with the world and others publicly while privately they have no qualms about misappropriating scripture to suit their own agenda with little regard for anyone or anything else aside from their own greed and narcotic fueled sexual perversions.

ETA- Here are some exemplars of fine Christian virtue
edit on 28-2-2016 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The satanists here put up a much better argument than the christians it has to be said. I like that they keep to themselves and just get on with it instead of constantly proselytising like other faiths and mostly I agree with their outlook.

I guess my main problem with it is they invite beef from christians and troll them just by calling themselves satanists which seems kinda unnecessary, the christians do certainly love to react to it though.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

This is the first definition of religion I found (Wikipedia): "Religion is a cultural system of behaviors and practices, world views, ethics, and social organisation that relate humanity to an order of existence."

No deities mentioned. I think you mean 'faith' if it believes in supernatural/extra-dimensional intelligence.

Religion is an organization of people with a common belief or philosophy.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
The satanists here put up a much better argument than the christians it has to be said. I like that they keep to themselves and just get on with it instead of constantly proselytising like other faiths and mostly I agree with their outlook.

I guess my main problem with it is they invite beef from christians and troll them just by calling themselves satanists which seems kinda unnecessary, the christians do certainly love to react to it though.

Either way, Satan sure gets a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If Satan is not real, If he has no power to offer, if there are no advantages to Satanism in life, If you have no privilege above the average Christian, he and his Church are a complete waste of time and effort and you might as well have been a Christian. That's just my two cents!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1

After reading up on The Church of Satan in question ... they also do not believe in Satan
They do not believe in anything which science can not prove

To me it seems more like a rejection of the tyranny of Religion and State
So like the mythical Satan they are rebels and realists

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, that's the thing. Words are versatile and often don't mean the same thing to everyone. Merriam-Webster defines 'harm' as physical or mental damage. That's the dictation. Now people tend to change the meaning of words. It would not be technically correct to say, "don't harm my reputation", but it still works. Ergo, 'harm' means something different. Beyond the simple fluidity of language, by dictation, there still is the issue of what exactly is harm. It becomes a philosophical question that may differ between cultures and groups of people. Asking what members of COS consider harm to be is a valid question.

It doesn't specify rape, it says do not make unwanted sexual advances.

So... Rape. It's talking about rape. I'll concede that it is also referring to rape's little brothers, sexual harassment and sexual assault.

why is consensual sex wrong when far more heinous acts are depicted in Judeo-Christian scripture like rape, murder and incest?

In Judeo-Christian theology, sex is reserved specifically for marriage. Otherwise, it is considered sinful. Sure there are depictions of rape, murder, and incest, but never are these things condoned. On the contrary, they are considered sinful.

To murder someone, you are harming them. So it's not permitted, not acceptable, not tolerated. The implication that murdering someone is permissible boggles my mind.

It didn't say not to harm people. It said not to harm little children. If the term 'little children' is a reference to adults, then at the very least that adds merit to the question of what members of COS consider harm to be. If 'little children' is referring to actual little children, then it specified not to harm little children versus people period. Point #10 specified not murdering non-human animals, but it too left out adult people. Combine that with...

4.If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.

It sure sounds like murder would be acceptable under those circumstances save little children and non-human animals.

No, you couldn't be farther from the truth. We worship no entities, no deities, no demiurge.

You completely missed the point. In essence, you do worship something. In essence, you worship a set of moral principles that largely counter that of the Christian God. It's semantics at this point, so it really doesn't matter.

We do not dwell in a realm of hypocrisy as the majority of Christians I know and have encountered do.

Hypocrisy is a sin like any other. You sin, I sin, we all sin. Sometimes mine is hypocrisy; true. Thank God I am saved by grace because I cannot live up to the law. Many Christians struggle and stumble from time to time. Many "Christians" are not Christians. The way people behave doesn't negate the truth contained in His word. Although, the behavior of people may affect your perception of our faith.

At the end of the day, someone will always know where they stand with me. There is no hypocrisy.

Maybe a little hypocrisy. You're talking about Christians who don't fully live up to their beliefs, but you didn't follow point #1 in your own system. I asked you no questions. I asked no advice. Still, you gave me your thorough opinion. Sure, I made a statement, but that's not exactly an inquiry.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior
a reply to: AboveBoard

I've had this experience too. For me, it happened naturally but some people attain it through psychotropics. I wouldn't recommend people mess with that though, as I think it wouldn't be exactly the real deal, but who knows.
This Truth does not agree with Satanism, because Satanism is all about self-serving individuality, as opposed to individuality that adds to the perfection of the greater good.
I could go on and on about this, but no one wants that. I could recommend some good reading but this thread is so long now, you probably won't even see this.

I just saw this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with that sense of connectedness. I got there without pharmaceutical help and totally agree with you on that. Its challenging to communicate and can come out sounding spiritually arrogant or something, when to the contrary it is entirely humbling and awe-inspiring I dunno. Thanks for responding

AB

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join