It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What You Should Know About Satanism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I fail to see the correlation between admission of error and the rise of thousands of denominations of Christianity. The rise of Protestantism and the Reformation had nothing to do with admissions of error. It was much more about disagreeing with the Church of Rome. The Church of England for example came to be as a result of the papacy refusing to annul the marriage between Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon. That's a display of power and ego not an admission of being in error. The entire reformation as seen from the eyes of Martin Luther was a dispute with how the Church of Rome conducted itself. Again, there is no admissions of guilt anywhere.

In fact, the entire premise that the rise of multitudes of denominations of Christianity lies in Christians admitting they were in error is fundamentally flawed and has no basis in reality. Look at it like this, if the Catholic Church had admitted it was in error and went along with the reforms proposed by Luther, Calvin and Zwingli the Protestant Reformation would have simply reformed the Church of Rome, maintaining its hegemony over all of Europe and the last 500 years of European history would have been drastically different as the impetus for multiple wars would not have existed.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlakeMaker
Animals are also to be protected (except if in danger or for food). That does not make man better and free will is arguable. We live to societal standards are of those in our mind (mental illness). Again no. Satanism realizes you may not be able to obtain everything you want/need. The world isn't dying. No, it teaches to love the people that deserve it, rather than everyone. Again no, only who deserve it. Rape is against Satanism. Hurting people or disrespecting people is against Satanism.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Animals are also to be protected (except if in danger or for food).

So satanists disrespect killing animals for food, and disrespect when animals attack them for defending their territory - got ya

That does not make man better and free will is arguable.

Yes it does

We live to societal standards are of those in our mind (mental illness).

What?

Again no. Satanism realizes you may not be able to obtain everything you want/need.

But you sure will step over everyone to try and get it.

The world isn't dying.

Umm yes it is and it's due to human greed and overconsumption of its resources.

No, it teaches to love the people that deserve it, rather than everyone. Again no, only who deserve it.

Yea that is so selfish it's not even funny

Rape is against Satanism. Hurting people or disrespecting people is against Satanism.

You mean to those people who you choose deserve it or not. Awesome...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes its terrible for people to hunt for food or if the person is in danger...

Oh yes the free will to be cruel...so much better..

I mean we live to societal standards and mental illnesses (referring to free will).

Except you have to respect everyone.

The largest religion is Christianity. That cant be blamed on Satanism.

Are you serious?

Nope. No rape at all. No disrespect to anyone. Dont love people who hurt you. Oh my! How terrible

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlakeMaker

Animals are also to be protected (except if in danger or for food).

So satanists disrespect killing animals for food, and disrespect when animals attack them for defending their territory - got ya

Are you a vegan? You don't eat meat? Why is it acceptable for the vast majority of humanity to eat meat but somehow if a LaVeyan Satanist does so they are disrespecting animals? You are creating a non existent false paradigm to justify your ignorant remarks. Who said anything about killing animals defending their territory aside from you? Nobody. What a load of S#

That does not make man better and free will is arguable.

Yes it does

From this perspective, you're far more arrogant and far less in line with the teachings of Christ than any LaVeyan Satanist. Man is no better than any of the other animals on this planet. I don't see animals attacking each other because they're a different faith or have no faith, the rest of the animal kingdom has yet to create weapons of war so they can maim and kill over resources. This arrogance you exhibit... not allowed under LaVeyan Satanism.

Again no. Satanism realizes you may not be able to obtain everything you want/need.

But you sure will step over everyone to try and get it.

This is completely untrue. Do you base all of your world views on such ignorant perspectives? We do not step over everyone else in order to fulfill some selfish agenda. Just another pile of S# I'm starting to feel like I'm walking through the horse barn with piles of poo everywhere.

The world isn't dying.

Umm yes it is and it's due to human greed and overconsumption of its resources.

considering that only about 7% of people worldwide identify as atheist or agnostic( LaVeyan Satanism is an Atheistic philosophy btw) how is that the fault of adherents to the philosophies outlined by the CoS? The most selfish people and most guilty of greed and consumerism are, when breaking down the numbers, adherents of a Theistic religion and living in a first world nation. The only exception to that would be Communist China who is one of the worlds largest polluters.

No, it teaches to love the people that deserve it, rather than everyone. Again no, only who deserve it.

Yea that is so selfish it's not even funny

How is it selfish to reserve love for those who are kind and caring and to refuse to love people who treat you and yours like garbage? If someone attacks me or my children am I supposed to still love them or is it not OK to return to them what they give you in kind? There is nothing in LaVeyan Satanism that allows for the negativity and selfishness you would brand it with.

Pride, self deceit, pretentiousness, harming children and animals... none of those are permissible. Aggression towards others for its own sake, not allowed. If you can't respect others then you are not supposed to put yourself in a position where you will be near them, especially their home. I fail to recognize how any of these tenets are mired in selfishness.

Rape is against Satanism. Hurting people or disrespecting people is against Satanism.

You mean to those people who you choose deserve it or not. Awesome...

What the hell does this even mean? Nobody deserves to be raped or hurt and its completely against everything the philosophy teaches. There are no exclusions for raping people who deserve it. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on ATS. You have no clue what you're talking about here.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Children are not to be harmed (a Satanic Statement that is very dehumanizing...).

Ah, unless it happens to be the very child of the cult's leader. Once again you espouse your ignorance. Lavey's daughter was initiated as a high priestess, yet she eventually disowned and exposed her father. She calls it a "personality cult" and calls Lavey a con man.

But I am going to anticipate your predictable response of disbelief because you dont want to believe it. On her personal website she says that

In 1990, Zeena publicly renounced and exposed the fraudulent personality cult she was born into. Her ex-family and the remaining followers of her deceased con-man father reacted to her resignation by indulging in a typical cult-like character assassination campaign against her.

She also hints that she was abused, which makes sense as she was impregnated at 13.

That's some cult you have there.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have to remark how disconcerting it is how little people actually know about the cult they defend.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's grinding dealing with the people who defend evil as they will find any excuse to keep going. ah so be it.

Yes its terrible for people to hunt for food or if the person is in danger...

You can still respect the animals you eat and you can respect the animal's right to their territory. There is no conflict there, nor is there loss of respect

Oh yes the free will to be cruel...so much better..

That's right the free will to be cruel or to be a Satanist is a God-given right. Your free will does not mean you'll make the right choices all the time. If you do, great, if you don't, you will be judged.

I mean we live to societal standards and mental illnesses (referring to free will).

So you're saying free will is a mental illness?

Except you have to respect everyone.

Except the people you choose not worthy to respect (useless eaters, disabled etc.)

The largest religion is Christianity. That cant be blamed on Satanism.

If most people in the world choose to go against Satan, that is great!

Are you serious?

Yes, because who chooses who you respect, oh yea the most worthy person in the world - you. Oh please...

Nope. No rape at all. No disrespect to anyone. Dont love people who hurt you. Oh my! How terrible

So Lavey's daughter wasn't raped at 13. And Satanists don't rape women to impregnate them so they can sacrifice their newly born? Yes they do.

edit on 25-2-2016 by FlakeMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall

Children are not to be harmed (a Satanic Statement that is very dehumanizing...).

Ah, unless it happens to be the very child of the cult's leader. Once again you espouse your ignorance. Lavey's daughter was initiated as a high priestess, yet she eventually disowned and exposed her father. She calls it a "personality cult" and calls Lavey a con man.

But I am going to anticipate your predictable response of disbelief because you dont want to believe it. On her personal website she says that

In 1990, Zeena publicly renounced and exposed the fraudulent personality cult she was born into. Her ex-family and the remaining followers of her deceased con-man father reacted to her resignation by indulging in a typical cult-like character assassination campaign against her.

She also hints that she was abused, which makes sense as she was impregnated at 13.

That's some cult you have there.

She disavowed her Father because despite putting her in charge of all Public Relations and making her a High Priestess at a young age, he began grooming her step mother, Blanche Barton, to take over the Church. When she found out she resigned and almost immediately, took up with Michael Aquino who was another LaVey protégée who left when LaVey wouldn't give him more power and left to form the Temple of Set. Zeena, likewise joined ToS.

As for her pregnancy at 13, you're making an unfounded assumption that it was the result of abuse in the church. It had far more to do with poor, lackadaisical, absentee parenting. LaVey might not have been the nicest person in the world to some people and perhaps he was a charlatan or conman to a degree. That doesn't change how others follow the philosophy as outlined in the church's philosophies.

It's no different than any Theistic church where the higher ups in the organization are hypocritical scumbags and yet, adherents are still good people who follow, in the example of Christian faiths, the teachings attributed to Christ. The Church of England and the Catholic Church are 2 examples of screwed up and hypocritical hierarchy with well known inclinations towards pedophilia. It doesn't mean that the faith itself presents a bad message or that the followers of these faiths are all pedophiles.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Are you a vegan? ...

I do eat meat, but I respect the animal which gave up its life so that I can have a meal.
If an animal attacks it's because it feels threatened. That is to be respected.
If the animal is a carnivore, that is also to be respected.

From this perspective...

Thanks for the personal attack, how typical.
Man is a human who has free will and the ability to self-reflect. This is what makes humans different from animals and it is Philosophy 101 - nothing religious.
Yes humans make bad choices which is a direct effect of having free-will. These bad choices is why the world is so messed up.

This is completely untrue....

You say it's untrue, they you hurl abuse. Lovely way to make a point and typical of you lot. NEXT!

considering that only about 7% of people ...

and you have no problems with taking more than your fair share which is on par with bad choice based on free-will

How is it selfish to ...

This simply propagates the destructive agenda. If you forgive and love those who attack you, there is possibility they will change and accept the love. If you hate/destroy them then it is impossible for those people to reform.

Pride, self deceit, ...

this contradicts many of your earlier points, please at least be consistent.

What the hell does this even mean? ...

This means that if you choose someone not to be worthy of your respect, you give yourself an excuse to destroy them. And who makes that choice? you. What is it based on? Your assessment. Yea real reliable stuff right thar.

edit on 25-2-2016 by FlakeMaker because: shortening quotes as entire answer didn't post

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It isnt evil.

I never said disrespect the animals.

Free will does not make for better. Behavior does.

No. We submit to societal standards. Meaning no free will. Or mental illness.

No you respect everyone. Its not quite that you can just choose.

Satan isnt real.

Nope. They do.

No rape. No killing or harming anyone especially children. Act=/=philosophy. Plus evidence...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Unfounded. Evidence....and act=/=philosophy...and you say i am ignorant..

What cult do i have?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It isnt evil.

That has the same weight as me saying : Yes it is.

I never said disrespect the animals.

You're right, you didn't

Free will does not make for better. Behavior does.

And where do you think behavior comes from? Free-will to behave in a certain way.

No. We submit to societal standards. Meaning no free will. Or mental illness.

So you disrespect mentally ill people? you might as well disrespect all ill people as brain is another bodily organ that can fail. And what defines mentally-ill? Maybe you think anyone who opposes your view is mentally ill?

No you respect everyone. Its not quite that you can just choose.

Except for (mentally) ill people, right?

Satan isnt real.

That's the biggest trick Satan ever pulled over your eyes. That along with human-god-likeness.

No rape. No killing or harming anyone especially children. Act=/=philosophy. Plus evidence...

There is PLENTY of evidence about satanists using sex magic to get a tingle in their pants, look into it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
To think that the first religion having to do with the "worship" of Satan is surely not from the 60's.

Maybe not by every philosophies and religions but usually Satan is know to be the anti-god. Human beings cursing existence and attributing their failures on a God creator have probably been around since the dawn of men, thus only normal that some would worship the idea of an anti-god.

The church of Satanism reminds me more of Aleister Crowley and atheism. A church, which by wrongfully using his name, is actually sinful towards Satan! Hahaha :p
edit on 25-2-2016 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So the same weight as your argument ok. Fair enough.

From the restraints of society.

No, you misunderstood. I mean we lack free will due to societal standards or mental illness. No I don't mean they are one and the same.

Nope. Everyone.

Ok. Satan doesn't exist. Hell, no deity does. Of course this is personal beliefs so no point arguing that, right? As to "god-likeness" there is a different understanding of god in Satanism. There is the uncaring force of the Universe (not thinking) that is "god" and yourself as god of your destiny, which we are.

I will and will present findings in the morning. But you admit to no killing or harming of children/anyone. And again I have to say that act does not equal philosophy. But sure I'll entertain the idea.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Anyone who follows a dogmatic religion is foolish. Religion is about controlling people and making money period. I find someone who worships Satan or Lucifer as dorks looking for attention. Why would you even want to promote yourself as a believer in such a negative and feared cult? That is beyond stupid. Its sad actually. Im a Satanist! You scream while everyone in the room rolls their eyes shakes their head and views you with contempt. Way to go ! Youve done what you wanted to accomplish.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DisinfoCom

One thing is for sure, why did Christianity have to link Satan with a goat, I love goat meat, that is just wrong.

Like most of Christian festivals are whitewashes of pagan ones, it was important to associate the deities of pagan worship with the anti-hero of the Bible. Stags, goats, rams are all prominent figures which have been associated with pagan gods which have also been lent over to being Satan.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I've had this experience too. For me, it happened naturally but some people attain it through psychotropics. I wouldn't recommend people mess with that though, as I think it wouldn't be exactly the real deal, but who knows.
This Truth does not agree with Satanism, because Satanism is all about self-serving individuality, as opposed to individuality that adds to the perfection of the greater good.
I could go on and on about this, but no one wants that. I could recommend some good reading but this thread is so long now, you probably won't even see this.
edit on 26-2-2016 by MoreInterior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A true individualist needs no church, club, imaginary spells or symbols to feel empowered. It is the equivalent of playing dress-up, but in the mind. It shows that most are still followers, even though they'll tell you they're leaders.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Me too,and it's so much more healthy than beef,while not as fatty as lamb! pity it's difficult to come by locally,or i would never touch any other red meat.

Re Satanism/any religion..i find it best to just stand on my own two feet spiritually,and stay away from all entities/deities/whatever.I really feel personally that it's best that way for me.And i manage just fine.The buck stops with Me,a sovereign soul.

But each to their own,i am certainly not condemning anyone for their choices,everyone has to get through this life in their own way.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join