It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saul of Tarsus: False prophet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I already have. But just to make you happy:

Luke 21:8 'Take care not to be decieved' he said 'because many will come using my name and saying, "I am he" and," The TIME HAS COME". Refuse to join them.'

Romans 13:11 (Paul) "Besides, you know the the TIME HAS COME: you must wake up now'

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

He did fulfill. Let me take a break for a while, I'm frustrated with people who call themselves Christian at the moment.

We will discuss later. You said something in the other thread that let's me know you are close to understanding. I just don't want to take you away from the path you need to travel, if that makes sense. When you are ready to hear it, you will understand, before then, you will push back and it may take longer to understand.

If it makes sense to you. We are not born believers, we get to the place where we understand it all, those of us who get there although not all make it, the journey is one we all must travel though, and it cannot be spoonfed all at once. One thing at a time when our hearts are ready to hear it. One thing clicks into place, we live with that for a while, then another thing clicks into place, so on, and so forth.

But, you are probably closer to understanding, than you can even imagine.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

No the context and the description are not about Paul. As Paul preached and was killed before 70AD. The time to which Jesus is referring is after the destruction of the Temple and is specifically about the Great Tribulation and it has not taken place yet.

Let's put your quote back in context (Rasaghul/Areyousirius) you have a habit of taking verses out of their context and improperly using them. This is called pretexting chosing a text to fit your opinion. But hey, I proved this to you in your threads under your various ATS user login names before.

Lu 21:5 ¶ And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 ¶ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Very easy to see you are wrong and a deceiver by taking scriptures out of context and forcing them upon your opinions.

You still have not proved Paul has lied.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

He did fulfill.

Has Heaven and Earth passed away?

Let me take a break for a while, I'm frustrated.........

That's fine. Post when you're ready.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
At the end of Pauls statement in my bible is foot note at has come:a g.

g. The thought is a fundamental one in Paul's moral teaching. The 'time' is apparently the eschatological era, called in the Bible the' latter days', introduced by Christ's death and resurrection and coexstensive with the age of Church on earth, the age of salvation, 2Co. 6:2+. It is opposed to the era that preceded it by a difference not so much of time as of nature. The Christian, henceforward a'child of the day' emancipated from the wicked world, Ga. 1:4, and from the empire of darkness, belongs to the kingdom of God and of his Son, Col 1:13; he is already a citizen of heaven, Ph 3:20. This entirely new status dominates the whole moral outlook.

For what its worth, I didn't think it fair to leave it out. I make no claims that I am in agreement with the scholars who translated and interpreted the bible.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Paul started the first Christian cult. Joseph Smith of his time.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I momentarily rest my case, clearly Jesus warned of Paul. Convincing Christians isn't my goal I am just quoting and summarizing and I am beyond convinced of the truth I am speaking RE: Saul the Pharisee, wolf and leaven.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

No the context and the description are not about Paul. As Paul preached and was killed before 70AD. The time to which Jesus is referring is after the destruction of the Temple and is specifically about the Great Tribulation and it has not taken place yet.

Let's put your quote back in context (Rasaghul/Areyousirius) you have a habit of taking verses out of their context and improperly using them. This is called pretexting chosing a text to fit your opinion. But hey, I proved this to you in your threads under your various ATS user login names before.

Lu 21:5 ¶ And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 ¶ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Very easy to see you are wrong and a deceiver by taking scriptures out of context and forcing them upon your opinions.

You still have not proved Paul has lied.

I have, as much as is possible without a crystal ball.

Your a proto-typical Pauline. Everyone who disagrees with you is a deciever.

I am just quoting scripture and interpreting it from a logical perspective. I'm not deceiving anyone and don't really care if you agree with me or not, deception is a slanderous accusation I have done nothing whatsoever deceptive.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

you are interpreting your choice of scripture to quote are OUT OF CONTEXT. that is where you are wrong and in so doing deceive people because anything could be made to say what ever a person wants when it comes to pretexting a verse out of context. Context is everything.

Do you remember my example of making a teaching out of verses that are out of context?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

But the date and time of the context of the scripture you quoted does not line up with it being Paul seeing he was dead long before the Temple was destroyed.

Context is everything

If you don't recognize that the time period is five years or so after Paul's death then you are denying the historicity of the destruction of the Herod's temple in 70AD.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

But the date and time of the context of the scripture you quoted does not line up with it being Paul seeing he was dead long before the Temple was destroyed.

Context is everything

If you don't recognize that the time period is five years or so after Paul's death then you are denying the historicity of the destruction of the Herod's temple in 70AD.

So far you have made two opinions and the Bible says just the opposite of what you are saying.

I will take God's preserved word over your's.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No, that`s not an answer, Jesus never said any of that show me in the bible where Jesus said that.How could it be a commandment of the lord if Jesus never said it?

you know what else Jesus never said? he never said that after he died he was going to send someone to give us new commandments in his name.

Paul is complete fraud.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No, you are wrong. You think because you say the word context you are automatically right and I am wrong.

I didn't mess with ANY timelines.
I didn't take anything out of context.

I did read and quote and interpret.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

context is about the stones not being left one upon another. that happened in 70AD well after Paul's death. So the scripture you quoted follow that and cannot be speaking about Paul because Christ puts them in the future when fearful sights and great signs take place. None of which had happened in the past and are still in the future.

Context is everything.

But the biggest problem is Paul never claim to be Christ, not once.

edit on 22-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Jesus didn't have to say it before for it to be something Paul got from the Lord.

Show me where Jesus said it was ok for a woman to speak in the church?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

since Jesus never said it than paul didn`t get it from Jesus he made it up on his own.
issuing new commandments is a pretty important thing it`s impossible that Jesus would have forgotten to mention that he would someone to give us new commandments.

Paul is complete fraud.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Perhaps you could post something more original.

ATS seems to get about two or three of these posts slinging into Paul, every week.

Please use the search feature and contribute to the existing threads.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Honestly, what other part of the Bible don't you like.

Just throw it away based on the slenderest of reasons.

The ten commandments, Jesus didn't follow a couple of them so we should just throw them away.

Perhaps Genesis, that sounds pretty far fetched, gone. And all those prophecies, I mean, how could they ever have really known the future. Gone. Oh, and miracles, come on! Trash them.

Or, perhaps, instead, you should face it, that you aren't what you purport to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The ten commandments, Jesus didn't follow a couple of them so we should just throw them away.

Eh?

Which ones didn't he follow?

He didn't follow all of Moses laws... that is for certain but the 10 are subject to the two

which one didn't he follow?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Jesus didn't follow a couple of them so we should just throw them away.

Which of the 10 Commandments did Jesus NOT follow.....as opposed to him correcting the Pharisee's, for example on their interpretation of "work".
edit on 22-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join