It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the typical 'You create your own reality' belief system have an inherent contradiction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Perhaps some kind of "law" that only allows reality to change if there is a collective consensus, or, perhaps, a reality that can only change when we add new things to it, as opposed to recycling what is already there.

So the quicker that people stop thinking that there is poverty or scarcity or sin or karma then the better off we will all be.

Better yet who gave us the "virus" meme that we need to be governed by a central authority?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What makes that belief false is my reality isn't what I decided it should be.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: joelr

is how would the universe distinguish between positive and negative thoughts

The Universe doesnt have to distinguish anything, its all energy. Your intent and desire must not waver with self doubt. Otherwise you may never manifest what you desire

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You create your own reality within the manufactured/contrived parameters put in place by those who actually have the power to create their own reality and in turn create yours to create theirs at your expense....

You can have your own "Private Idaho" in your mind, if you want, But someone else benefits from your harvesting your potatoes way more than you could ever hope to.

There is free thought to imagine free enterprise, but you will never truly have it until you reject the current system of control.

Everything is faith based, and the naivete of faith is what keeps humankind running headlong into an evolutionary dead end.

There is no great and powerful controller and creator but us.

A squirrel told me this while I followed him around in his "Nut Search".

Life is but a dream.
edit on 23-2-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: sdrdg

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The Universe doesnt have to distinguish anything, its all energy. Your intent and desire must not waver with self doubt. Otherwise you may never manifest what you desire

You are the Universe as its expression. Look within yourself for the answers because they exist there (individualized).

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godhead
a reply to: Profusion

What makes that belief false is my reality isn't what I decided it should be.

You have every right (as an individualized spirit) to entertain a 'false' reality OR remain undecided as to what you actually are (self perception within a given environment is everything) needing a witness to also do the witnessing.
edit on 23-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Holofractal
The human mind system is based on a dynamic series of opposites. Conscious / unconscious, masculine / feminine, left brain / right, positive / negative.

Positive thoughts are thoughts based on love.
Negative thoughts are those based on fear.

Most people are controlled by the unconscious, where most thoughts and actions originate and associated with more negative or fear based thoughts.

So thoughts based on love lead to higher levels of consciousness, which is associated with greater levels of free will and more positive experiences.

Unconscious determinants of free will in the human brain

Right but that isn't addressing the question at all. Where are the studies showing a difference between thoughts of fear and thoughts of love? By what mechanism do these thoughts communicate with anything outside the brain?
How do you show any of these ideas or concepts being related to anything other than nice ideas someone thought sounded nice?

I like the idea of LOA and such but some of the ideas just don't add up.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That's what I'm saying - it's all energy. Self doubt is a thought. Desire is a thought. If self doubt blocks desire/manifestation then it must be a different type of thought. But what is different? As you say, it's all just energy.
These are just subjective thoughts, how would they be recognized as different in order to be manifested or not manifested?

It's certainly not much energy. How do you propose a desire causes a manifestation? What is your link to subjective thoughts and events in space-time? What is your theory?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

You are the Universe as its expression. Look within yourself for the answers because they exist there (individualized).

I'm not getting answers. Could someone who claims to be skilled in these matters look inside themselves and then tell me their answers?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Karma is a wave form because it means action. Sin is someone saying what waves they don't like also karma typically of a negative wave form limiting full experience.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: joelr

I'm not getting answers. Could someone who claims to be skilled in these matters look inside themselves and then tell me their answers?

I cannot understand why you are getting agitated and impatient. Nobody owes you any answer. Besides , this thread was started by someone else. No point making demands on their behalf.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

vhb: You are the Universe as its expression. Look within yourself for the answers because they exist there (individualized).

joelr: I'm not getting answers. Could someone who claims to be skilled in these matters look inside themselves and then tell me their answers?

Its against the rules for others to provide answers for your own self actualization; otherwise you will never learn the lessons (trials) of doing so. Its not easy and is not supposed to be [that would be cheating]. You could buy some Depak Chokra or Wayne Dryer self help books and contribute to their money machines (cough).
edit on 24-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

I cannot understand why you are getting agitated and impatient. Nobody owes you any answer. Besides , this thread was started by someone else. No point making demands on their behalf.

You misunderstand me, I'm not agitated and impatient. You may be projecting some of your own feelings? In fact it's really likely because I've made no demand. I actually said "could" someone give me answers.
I also never said anyone owes me an answer. I'm simply asking questions and for some reason this is making you uncomfortable.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

vhb: You are the Universe as its expression. Look within yourself for the answers because they exist there (individualized).

joelr: I'm not getting answers. Could someone who claims to be skilled in these matters look inside themselves and then tell me their answers?

Its against the rules for others to provide answers for your own self actualization; otherwise you will never learn the lessons (trials) of doing so. Its not easy and is not supposed to be [that would be cheating]. You could buy some Depak Chokra or Wayne Dryer self help books and contribute to their money machines (cough).

First of all, what rule? That isn't a rule?
I've actually read and listened to most of Deepak and Wayne Dyers stuff. Their team up on How To Get What You Really Really Want I listened to many times.

I'm very familiar with all this stuff as well as meditation and Eastern philosophy and New age this and that.

However I am simply asking other people of their ideas. I notice some people preach LOA like they are masters and have all the answers. But I feel there are some discrepancies with some of the concepts that people throw around like it's 100% fact. Usually people love to write all kinds of advice on these topics so I'm not sure why my questions have suddenly been met with resistance.

No one in any LOA teachings can really show how the minute energies of a few neurons firing to create a thought would even pass through the skull. Or how that energy would be special as to encode "negative" or "positive" thoughts in the sense we mean. It's not making sense to me and I am wondering what other people may think about it.

One of my self actualizations has actually been to realize there are some concepts in LOA that are not supported by current science at all. Doesn't mean it's not true. I have an open mind so I'm open to different possibilities.
But one possibility is that it's not as real as we wish it to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

One of my self actualizations has actually been to realize there are some concepts in LOA that are not supported by current science at all. Doesn't mean it's not true. I have an open mind so I'm open to different possibilities.
But one possibility is that it's not as real as we wish it to be.

Your problem is that you seem to need the stamp of approval of Science. Sadly, Science cannot help in this case. Science is blinkered and unable to understand the real forces operating around us. Let go of Science and you will see what you can achieve.

So far, there appears to be four and a half people on this thread who either undertand how it works or are good at it. It is easy to tell. The half person is the one who will get there. The others are already there.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

First of all, what rule? That isn't a rule?
I've actually read and listened to most of Deepak and Wayne Dyers stuff. Their team up on How To Get What You Really Really Want I listened to many times.I'm very familiar with all this stuff as well as meditation and Eastern philosophy and New age this and that.

I can only imagine you have realized you have wasted your time and money. Enlightenment comes from looking 'within' first and foremost (internal) self exploration/understanding. If needing a science component that may help you; read Tom Campbell's book "My Big Toe" or the Theory of Everything.
edit on 25-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think the following:

1. The hardest part is knowing what you really want.
2. The second hardest part is being ready to receive...like I want to travel the world, but I haven't gotten around to filling out our passport papers yet...I'm not ready to receive any international travel at all.
3. Being present in the moment has something to do with it. There is no past, there are no problems, the future isn't even hear yet, plan, prepare and then be present.
4. The next most important aspect after being present is interaction with other people. That's where the magic happens. The opportunities, business partnerships, information from and to you with the other person.
5. Give to receive. The more you give the more you will receive.
6. Law of attraction and creative visualization don't work in a vacuum, they are contingent on giving, being present in the moment and interaction with other people.

How to put all of that into a succinct summary.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I'm beginning to think the following:

1. The hardest part is knowing what you really want.

There it is then; once you know what you want the answers will fall in place.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

Your problem is that you seem to need the stamp of approval of Science. Sadly, Science cannot help in this case. Science is blinkered and unable to understand the real forces operating around us. Let go of Science and you will see what you can achieve.

So far, there appears to be four and a half people on this thread who either undertand how it works or are good at it. It is easy to tell. The half person is the one who will get there. The others are already there.

I'm not seeing how it's a problem?
What forces do you think are operating around us?

I have approached LOA from a fundamentalist point of view in the past and now I want to understand if there really is a connection between thoughts and manifestation in a more scientific way.
You are saying "science" like it's a thing and it's totally foreign to metaphysics. It's not a thing. It just means understanding how something works.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I can only imagine you have realized you have wasted your time and money. Enlightenment comes from looking 'within' first and foremost (internal) self exploration/understanding. If needing a science component that may help you; read Tom Campbell's book "My Big Toe" or the Theory of Everything.

Then I feel you have a very limited imagination.

If you are aware of some ideas Tom Campbell put forth about science and LOA then feel free to share.

I am familiar with the concepts of enlightenment. There may be certain realizations one can achieve but it's not an automatic know-everything experience.
Many people who have spent their lives attaining enlightenment still may have clung to ideas and mythologies that were not literally true. Actually LOA and enlightenment are only distantly related. Enlightenment is about many different things like awakening to compassion, non-duality, change and suffering, self knowledge, enlightened masters do not directly preach LOA.

Also in some Hindism intellectual pursuit is encouraged:

"I may make bold to say that the only religion which agrees with, and even goes a little further than modern researchers, both on physical and moral lines is the Advaita, and that is why it appeals to modern scientists so much. They find that the old dualistic theories are not enough for them, do not satisfy their necessities. A man must have not only faith, but intellectual faith too"

Swami V.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join