It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the typical 'You create your own reality' belief system have an inherent contradiction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
We chose our life paths before we were born. The goal is to love everyone and everything and not hold any grudges against anyone and anything.

To what extent do you claim "we chose our life paths before we were born"? What of 7 year-olds that are kidnapped, abused and murdered, did they choose their life path? What of 40 year-olds that have suffered terminal illnesses for years, dying a long, painful and slow death, leaving behind families. Did they also choose their life path?

In terms of life goals, how is it realistic to love everyone and everything and not hold any grudges?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
To what extent do you claim "we chose our life paths before we were born"? What of 7 year-olds that are kidnapped, abused and murdered, did they choose their life path? What of 40 year-olds that have suffered terminal illnesses for years, dying a long, painful and slow death, leaving behind families. Did they also choose their life path?

In terms of life goals, how is it realistic to love everyone and everything and not hold any grudges?

If a murderer like Hitler does what they do, then they have to experience everything that they caused in their previous lives.

This is why its best to treat others with respect and be good to them otherwise all the sh1t that a person dishes out to others will always fly back into their face in during their next life.

Jesus said, 'Treat others the way you want to be treated'.

All greedy politicians, warmongers, arms dealers, weapons manufacturers are probably reborn into black children who then suffer in wars created by their previous lives and manufactured items. Its called 'Payback'.

Holding a grudge is like a burden. Who wants a burden on their shoulders when they progress into their next life ?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think it is a paradox. You create your own reality but only within the constraints of reality. As simple as that. You can't break this law, so the LOA cannot be bypassed.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-2-2016 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Logically if one were to create their own reality, it would be free of influence owing to external interference. This means that you would be completely by yourself, isolating everybody else.

Imagine that, you in your reality, able to do what ever you want with it, however, alone, completely, alone.

If we all create our reality together, there is an obvious problem of opposition - If I wanted all trees in reality to have red leaves, there would be a conflict with anybody else whom would want them to appear otherwise.

There are "devices" that I could propose to deal with such situation, perhaps there could be a "mechanism" in a reality where you can see what you want to see, so, I might see green tree leaves in my "version" of reality, and others would see the remaining kinds of leaves, and also green leaves, in thier "versions"*.

*Of course one person might also see green leaves, however they might want to see red branches, where I would like to see brown ones, green leaves being a slight "overlap".

This would now highlight what the mechanism is - obviously "illusion" - same reality, illusions of different leaves.

The question in that case would be, what would "reality" then look like if we only really experience illusions of it?

Such is an argument against the possibility that a reality of our own creation can exist with multiple participants.

Perhaps we can try something different as a counter-argument to my own rebuttal....

Perhaps some kind of "law" that only allows reality to change if there is a collective consensus, or, perhaps, a reality that can only change when we add new things to it, as opposed to recycling what is already there.
edit on 22-2-2016 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
you said:
"If there's one Everest of a contradiction, it's how we pick the winners to 'prove' laws of attraction and ignore the overwhelming number of losers."

its not about picking winners at all. the LOA works by giving people what they focus on simple as that. manifesting is not instant. it takes time. what led up to her developing cancer in the first place. was it just a random occurrence? definitely not. did her lifestyle, diet (food is medicine or poison), emotions (which affect the physical body), stress (which affects the physical body as well) throughout her life maybe have ANYTHING to do with ATTRACTING it??

edit on 22-2-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
its clear to me that people have a highly flawed idea of how the LOA actually works.
edit on 22-2-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think it might be better to say; you tend to create your own reality. If you are afraid of somehing, it might happen...if you want something you might get it but then there might be other consequences related. It also might not happen if it goes agains others more powerfull or collective will. Like near death experiences, you might experience things after death what you believed in your life. But there is no such as one reality.

And I believe in karma, which also makes us to go through reactions whether we want or not. Anyhow it is good to have positive mind and rahter believe we can make it, than doubt, but are we able to believe enough in ourself, that's another thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Give it up.

There are an infinite number of ways to prop up the LoA. The woman with cancer 'asked for it' is what you're trying not to say and that's why I chose the example.

If someone can change genetics by willpower, will they ever be more incentivised than at the moment of saying goodnight and tucking the kids in? When they know that cancer is killing them, and they want to live, their focus would be total and emphatic. Does it save them? Not often enough to shut down the chemo wards.

did her lifestyle, diet (food is medicine or poison), emotions (which affect the physical body), stress (which affects the physical body as well) throughout her life maybe have ANYTHING to do with ATTRACTING it??

Chuck in genetics and environment and you're getting there

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
We do create our own reality, however our underlying belief tempers it.

Every single one of us on earth, has been programmed to believe that we have no control over our lives and that we just have to do our best, get good grades, stay out of trouble, go to college get a good job, get family, buy stuff, live die.

Some of us see that there are no rules, however we still, deep down don't believe that we can "create" like "magic", but...we see that we can change and bend these rules and do, create and have anything we want. The only thing stopping us is our own belief systems.

I'm not very smart, no head start in life, no rich parents, no lucky lottery wins, no special talent or physical ability. However, I read law of attraction/success stuff constantly and I achieve more than most people do and will continue to do so. The trouble is finding out what I want to do next. Move to the country with land and live like a king or how about the beach front house in San Diego....hmmm what to choose next.
edit on 22-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

Perhaps we can try something different as a counter-argument to my own rebuttal....

Perhaps some kind of "law" that only allows reality to change if there is a collective consensus, or, perhaps, a reality that can only change when we add new things to it, as opposed to recycling what is already there.

Very nicely written post but I could not help having a little bit of a laugh. Did you realise how political it became ?

Not only did it embrace the concept of democracy but went further and addressed the laws of Economics ( you know , the idea of ploughing back resorces/wealth into the system to stop stagnation.

I quite agree with you . It is all about competition , whenever you have multiple participants. Still , for me, the fact remains that the average person has within themselves the ability to significantly influence their own reality.

edit on 22-2-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
In isolation
"Man is the measure of all things that are, that they are, that are not, that they are not"
Shared reality produces conflicts.
Usually the creation of a reality that assimilates the best causes that reality to be considered "true".
Who said "Resistance Is Futile"?

Yes, my reality is formed through the shared reality of the people that are with me through my life's journey, thereby creating reflection as to what is true reality. Then there is the internal spiritual bubble of reality that is an enigma unto myself alone.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
We do create our own reality, however our underlying belief tempers it.

Every single one of us on earth, has been programmed to believe that we have no control over our lives and that we just have to do our best, get good grades, stay out of trouble, go to college get a good job, get family, buy stuff, live die.

Some of us see that there are no rules, however we still, deep down don't believe that we can "create" like "magic", but...we see that we can change and bend these rules and do, create and have anything we want. The only thing stopping us is our own belief systems.

I'm not very smart, no head start in life, no rich parents, no lucky lottery wins, no special talent or physical ability. However, I read law of attraction/success stuff constantly and I achieve more than most people do and will continue to do so. The trouble is finding out what I want to do next. Move to the country with land and live like a king or how about the beach front house in San Diego....hmmm what to choose next.

I am in agreement with what you are saying. It reminds me of an old wise guy I met when I was a teenager. He would often give advice to people on how to attract things. But he would also say something like this :-

"You know these little men inside you head that are working hard to get you what you need; please don't keep sending them in different directions every time. If you do that , they will never be able to get you what you want."

I always thought that it was a very clever way of putting it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: DISRAELI

Then you try to drive around using the idealised map, and you get lost

Likewise if you use the same book all your life, you haven't even begun the journey

Everyone is spinning; no one has an answer as to 'why are we here" exactly (perhaps is the point of the thread). There is the obvious consistent/resilience of a silence so profound: That of A Creator that refuses to answer or address that question by it's own progeny.
edit on 22-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: Rapha
We chose our life paths before we were born. The goal is to love everyone and everything and not hold any grudges against anyone and anything.

That's a really good question. We don't truly know. I think we do chose a life, I don't know if we know exactly or get to pick the exact perimeters though. I think we, our souls, do that to experience all aspects of life. But again, that's just a guess. I also believe in reincarnation, but again, that's also just a guess based on research and experience, but just a guess all the same.

Love though is easy, logically it's easy to love everyone, even though we might not like them. Practically loving everyone and letting things go is the trick, just like the law of attraction. Believing that we can achieve or have anything we desire is the trick, but back to love. If we are all the same or all one family. We love our family members, even those that murder or join gangs or go to prison or get addicted, we always love them, but we don't enable them and we some times have to give them tough love like calling the cops on them or kicking them out of the house, but we always love our family members.

On earth, all humans, we are all one family.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You create you own reality on the individual and the collective level. The ability to create on an individual level is limited by the consciousness of the collective which is normally distributed and controlled by the mass media.

Consciousness is a dynamic variable and the collective can move upwards towards enlightenment or downwards towards biorobots. The elite control the majority through the mass media and therefore reality creation.

The inner world of the psyche or spirit creates the outer physical reality whilst the physical reality creates the inner reality. They are interdependent.

The Human Reality Matrix (page 22) - goo.gl...

""The genetic mind is the equivalent of a universal belief system that penetrates, to varying
degrees, the human instrument of all entities. In some, it immobilizes their ability to think
original thoughts and feel original feelings. In most, it entrains their belief system to
harmonize with the accepted belief systems of the Hierarchy. In a few, it exerts no significant
force nor has any bearing on the development of their personal belief system.

The genetic mind has a peculiar focus on the accumulated beliefs of all the people on a planet
from its most distant past to its present time. These accumulated beliefs are actually
manipulations of the Hierarchy, which imprint on the genetic mind in order to cast the
boundaries of what is acceptable to believe.

So compelling is this manipulation and the boundaries that are imposed by the Hierarchy that
virtually no one is aware of the manipulations of their beliefs. This is precisely why the
WingMakers have interacted with your species from the very beginning. As culture bearers,
we stretch your boundaries in the arena of science, art, and philosophy. We essentially
expand the genetic minds "perimeter fence" and enable it to encompass a larger portion of the
"land" known as Source Reality.

Source Reality is represented in your belief in unconditional love, but of all the dimensions of
your belief systems, this is the one thread that is connected -- through the genetic mind -- to
Source Reality."

edit on 22-2-2016 by Holofractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thing about the LOA is how would the universe distinguish between positive and negative thoughts?
How exactly would a positive thought or visualization create a positive experience? Especially since it's subjective anyways?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
yup but the only contradiction is we somehow own the experience instead of share an experience that is just one piece of a larger whole that goes unseen by manifesting that as a true self with complete knowledge. when that ego self born out of trying to own experience and demand it is the only truth is lay down by intropection does onebegin to awaken out of such extremes that lead to bias from greed, hate and the delusional ignorance that by hoadring this experience and defending it to a self is somehow truth or the only one other than being an example of all that is wrong with the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The human mind system is based on a dynamic series of opposites. Conscious / unconscious, masculine / feminine, left brain / right, positive / negative.

Positive thoughts are thoughts based on love.
Negative thoughts are those based on fear.

Most people are controlled by the unconscious, where most thoughts and actions originate and associated with more negative or fear based thoughts.

So thoughts based on love lead to higher levels of consciousness, which is associated with greater levels of free will and more positive experiences.

Unconscious determinants of free will in the human brain

a reply to: joelr

edit on 23-2-2016 by Holofractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Holofractal

those are simply attachments we place on biased duality itself through ego... though they are the rocks, dirt, and ground of all paths.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

If a murderer like Hitler does what they do, then they have to experience everything that they caused in their previous lives

So how can that work - does he reincarnate to suffer "X" millions of slow and fast deaths - is his Karma extinguished over 1 life time or millions of lifetimes?

Meh Karma is just another clever word for sin, another clever construct by the Controllers. Be a good little sheep

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join