It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: UKTruth

There is a petition relating to this as well. I signed it as a symbolic gesture as I doubt it will be debated. 67000 signatures (4000 in the last hour). The government has not yet responded.

Hold a General Election in 2016

I can *sniff* a potential leadership challenge.

Maybe wishful thinking.

Think this has been coming for a while. And yes its an absolute disgrace using taxpayers money (particularly that of those voting OUT) and not an action a honest and democratic government should or would do. Time we get PR!

Just listened to Cameron state at the Conv conf. that he was proud of his father! So he was proud of his father avoiding taxes and encouraging/helping others do the same. Yet he has preached about the evil of tax avoidance for years. Shouldn't Cameron have said he was proud of his father but not any activity relative to tax avoidance. Says it all doesn't it.

edit on 9-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

There is a petition relating to this as well. I signed it as a symbolic gesture as I doubt it will be debated. 67000 signatures (4000 in the last hour). The government has not yet responded.

Hold a General Election in 2016

I can *sniff* a potential leadership challenge.

Maybe wishful thinking.

Think this has been coming for a while. And yes its an absolute disgrace using taxpayers money (particularly that of those voting OUT) and not an action a honest and democratic government should or would do. Time we get PR!

Just listened to Cameron state at the Conv conf. that he was proud of his father! So he was proud of his father avoiding taxes and encouraging/helping others do the same. Yet he has preached about the evil of tax avoidance for years. Shouldn't Cameron have said he was proud of his father but not any activity relative to tax avoidance. Says it all doesn't it.

Not knowing where the £300k came from is also not a valid excuse. He's the PM - he should check these things.
He's done.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Oh dear,

Someone else who doesn't understand the difference between the Government and the Conservative Party. I can't really debate the argument when you don't even understand it.

I will say though that i do agree with UKTruth that money should also be made available to the Leave campaign - it is an issue of national importance so both sides should receive tax payer money to make their case.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Not knowing where the £300k came from is also not a valid excuse. He's the PM - he should check these things.
He's done.

It was a £12k investment of shares that bloomed into £31k - so a £19k profit - nowhere near £300k. Frankly, i am impressed with his dad's stock market skills as that is a decent return.

I do not have any issues with people making money or even having huge piles of it. Where i do think this is an issue is that Cameron has spent so long trying to show he is a "man of the people". Just be honest - you come from wealth and you have loads of it. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with that but it becomes an issue of trust when you try to hide it.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Weekly update from Vote Leave:

This week we witnessed the Government waste taxpayers’ money to promote its own interests in the EU referendum debate, former Labour Foreign Secretary Lord Owen kicked off Vote Leave’s “Save Our NHS” campaign, the EU’s own border agency highlighted how our membership makes us less safe, and Scottish Vote Leave launched with cross-party and business support.

Government waste taxpayers’ money on EU Propaganda

The Government will go to any lengths to win the referendum and try to keep us in the European Union – even if it means breaking promises they made in Parliament. Number 10’s decision this week to spend £9.3 million of YOUR money on pro-EU propaganda is in defiance of the fact that just a few months ago the Government promised that it would not send out any leaflets supporting either campaign.

These glossy 16-page mailshots are going out at a time of ‘austerity’, wasting nearly £10 million of taxpayers’ money to try and keep us trapped inside a dysfunctional EU. David Cameron has been trying to avoid answering questions all week about how he benefits from his offshore trust, but is willing to spend YOUR money on pro-EU leaflets. After we Vote Leave, we can spend this money on our priorities such as the NHS.

Lord Owen launches campaign to ‘Save Our NHS’

The NHS is in crisis. It is under pressure from uncontrolled EU migration and a lack of investment. Lord Owen, the former Labour Foreign Secretary and Health Minister, made an important intervention in the debate by outlining the dangers to our NHS if we remain inside the EU.
www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... c_news&utm_medium=email&utm_source=voteleave

He warned that the biggest danger to the NHS is TTIP – a major new deal being negotiated behind closed doors between the EU and the USA – which disregards the purpose of social health care and undermines the responsibility each member state has for its own healthcare policy. Lord Owen was also very critical of the damage wrought on the EU by the introduction of the euro, leading to sky-high levels of unemployment across the eurozone.

Lord Owen’s speech followed research www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... ve published by Vote Leave which revealed uncontrolled EU migration is putting huge pressure on GP registrations, A&E units and hospital waiting times. Vote Leave also revealed www.voteleavetakecontrol.org...
how EU law is threatening patient safety in the UK, by preventing us from undertaking language tests on doctors coming from Europe and having to automatically accept their qualifications. On top of this, Vote Leave research shows how the UK pays £723 million a year more to EU countries for the medical treatment of UK nationals than we receive back from other EU states. This huge sum of money would be enough to pay for an extra 2,638 GPs per year – or to more than double spending on the Cancer Drugs Fund.

After we Vote Leave, we can take back control of our NHS from bureaucrats in Brussels, and spend the £350 million we send every week to the EU on our priorities.

EU risk to our security

The EU Border Agency published a report which revealed www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... that terrorists are using the migration crisis to enter Europe in record numbers. In total, 2 million illegal border crossings were made in 2015. Frontex also admitted that the number of people trying to enter the UK with forged documents has risen by 70 per cent over the past year.

On Friday, Defence Minister and former soldier Julian Brazier delivered a speech www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... in which he argued that the EU makes us less safe. Speaking at the launch of Veterans for Britain veteransforbritain.uk... , he said that interference by the European Court of Justice threatened our security, and that EU regulation often hinders the ability of the British military. He also dismissed the myth that the EU had kept the peace in Europe, confirming that NATO is the prominent military power on the continent.

Mr Brazier concluded that the safer option is to 'take back control of our borders, our laws and our lives' and Vote Leave on 23 June. You can follow Veterans for Britain on Twitter here. twitter.com...

We’re on tour around the UK next week!

Next weekend marks the start of the official referendum campaign. We are holding some special events right across the country, and we’d love it if you can join us.

15 April

Nottingham
Ipswich
Southampton
Plymouth
Manchester

16 April

Oxford
Leeds
Birmingham
Newcastle

There will be a range of high profile speakers from all walks of life with an opportunity for you to ask questions afterwards. Hundreds of people will be at each of these events. Book early to reserve your place.

Vote Leave Signs Sol

Former England and Arsenal defender Sol Campbell joined the Vote Leave campaign this week. In an impressive article in the Mail On Sunday, Sol warned about the dangers to our national game if we remain in the EU.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
He wrote: ‘The Premier League is in danger of becoming a free-for-all, because along with the star players, we are seeing teams load up with too many mediocre overseas footballers, especially from Europe, crowding out young English and British talent.’

If we want to make sure our future generations can seize new opportunities, we must take back control of our immigration system and Vote Leave.

Scotland makes its voice heard in the EU debate

This week saw the launch of Scottish Vote Leave – with cross-party and business support for taking back control. The event was attended by former Labour Minister Tom Harris, the former deputy leader of the SNP Jim Sillars, and Alastair Macmillan, Chairman of Business for Britain Scotland.

Tom Harris, who is the Director of Scottish Vote Leave, said that after we Vote Leave, major new powers – particularly in fishing and agriculture – would be devolved to the Scottish Parliament. He pointed out that ‘The UK as a whole pays £350 million a week to the EU for the privilege of maintaining its membership. Scotland’s share of that works out at £1.5 billion a year – more than half of the annual Scottish education budget.’

Making the case for SNP supporters to Vote Leave, Jim Sillars said: ‘There’s no good sense in taking independence from the UK and then surrendering even more sovereignty to the central organs of the EU.’

And Alastair Macmillan, who hosted the event at his Port Glasgow manufacturing business, said: ‘The EU’s accounts haven't had a clean bill of health for 19 years running – that is no way to run an organisation which takes more than £1.55 billion from Scotland every year.’

If we Vote Leave on 23 June and take back control, people in Scotland – and all over the UK – can spend our money on our priorities, rather than continue sending £350 million a week to Brussels.

edit on 9-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
1,000s demonstrating today outside Downing Street calling for Cameron's resignation...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Oh dear,

Someone else who doesn't understand the difference between the Government and the Conservative Party. I can't really debate the argument when you don't even understand it.

I said the government because that's what David Cameron referred to. I know the decision to spend £10 million of our money on leaflets came from Cameron, his advisors and the Remainers in the Conservative party, not all our MP's.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The question about Cameron's Taxgate is how much it will impact the forthcoming EU referendum.

Are voters now more likely to distrust what he says about staying in the EU? I suspect it will foster some mistrust but whether that will be sufficient to sway the IN voters I don't know.

But it couldn't have come at a worse time for him.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I think it could be good news for football in the lower leagues, perhaps force them all to develop more local youngsters because none of them can just easily sign from anywhere in the EU.

...and agreed, if any football fans who have little motivation politically yet are influenced by this point about home grown talent then yep, I'll be happy enough if they vote leave.
That would be good and long over due. And yes I guess football supporters may be swayed by this.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Jeremy Corbyn has spent many years speaking out against the EU. He voted

against the Lisbon treaty and the Maastricht treaty, and he has said

The treaty

on European Union takes away from the National Parliaments the power to

set economic policy and hands it over to an unelected set of bankers

That was said before he became labour leader and before the EU

referendum silenced him into toeing the party line to stay in the EU.

I wonder how many other politicians from all sides are selling their souls to

the furthering of their careers

edit on 10-4-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
Jeremy Corbyn has spent many years speaking out against the EU. He voted

against the Lisbon treaty and the Maastricht treaty, and he has said

The treaty

on European Union takes away from the National Parliaments the power to

set economic policy and hands it over to an unelected set of bankers

That was said before he became labour leader and before the EU

referendum silenced him into toeing the party line to stay in the EU.

I wonder how many other politicians from all sides are selling their souls to

the furthering of their careers
Career development vs Integrity!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: UKTruth

It was a £12k investment of shares that bloomed into £31k - so a £19k profit - nowhere near £300k. Frankly, i am impressed with his dad's stock market skills as that is a decent return.

I do not have any issues with people making money or even having huge piles of it. Where i do think this is an issue is that Cameron has spent so long trying to show he is a "man of the people". Just be honest - you come from wealth and you have loads of it. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with that but it becomes an issue of trust when you try to hide it.

No, He got £300k from his dad - his own offshore investments were cashed in for another £30k.

edit on 10/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Either way, the fact that Cameron is heading the remain campaign should hopefully convince enough people that it probably isn't the best idea for us common citizens.
#voteleave

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
From Vote Leave and Tim Martin, Chairman of Wetherspoon PLC

Democracy = prosperity.

I opened my first Wetherspoon pub in North London in 1979. Today the JD Wetherspoon group has 944 pubs and restaurants serving millions of people every week.

Growing and running a business over the past 37 years has taught me one simple fact: that a government which has control over its own laws and economy is more likely to help its firms thrive and create jobs. Democratic societies are prosperous societies.

I supported the campaign to keep us out of the Euro because I believed that Britain would be better off keeping control of its own currency and interest rates. Look what has happened to the countries who joined the Eurozone - millions of young people locked out of employment.

Now I am giving my support to Vote Leave. Outside the EU, we can have an open trading relationship with partners who stay in. We can take back control of how to manage our own economy, and spend our money on our priorities. We can ensure that if we don’t like those decisions, we can kick out the Government and try something new.

This is a once-in-a-generation campaign. That’s why I’m going to be spending the coming weeks travelling around the country making the case for leaving.

I am also donating to Vote Leave. With the Government spending an extra £9 million pounds of taxpayers’ money on its propaganda campaign - on top of the £350 million we send to Brussels every week - we need all the help we can get. Please join me and donate by clicking the button below. Every penny really does count.

voteleave.nationbuilder.com...

Together we will win this.

Tim Martin,
Chairman, JD Wetherspoon Plc

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Either way, the fact that Cameron is heading the remain campaign should hopefully convince enough people that it probably isn't the best idea for us common citizens.
#voteleave
Now Cameron has to face questions about 72K shares

www.msn.com... signout

This will sway some voters to vote Leave.

They should force all the cabinet to declare their off-shore tax evading interests!
edit on 11-4-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I signed this petition today.

STOP CAMERON spending British taxpayers’ money on Pro-EU Referendum leaflets

Currently standing at 166,147 signatures

Government has responded (obligation to inform the public) and still waiting for debate date. Mr Cameron you have a duty to provide facts which allows the general public to make an informed choice. This is nothing more than propaganda.

So much for this - Cameron had them sent out anyway (I got mine today through the letterbox). The petition reached 200k+ and the Govt would not even give a debate date, instead sending out the leaflet and ignoring the British public's voice - AGAIN.

These people are not working for us, that is for sure.
edit on 11/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Up until now I've received one Remain leaflet a few weeks ago, not addressed to me, which came with my weekly dose of junk mail.

And a signed letter, properly addressed to me, from the Brexit campaign about a fortnight ago. That included a form to become a member, recommended fee 30 quid if I remember correctly. Plus they're flogging T-shirts for 9.99.

I have to say that the Brexit approach was far more professional and impressive.

Post edited because a suggestion I made to send back government leaflets marked 'RTS' had already been made on Twitter, according to the DM article I just saw.

edit on 11-4-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Very latest from Vote Leave:

We send £350 million a week to the EU – enough to build a new hospital a week
We get 250,000 EU migrants a year – it’s out of control and damages the NHS
It’s safer to take back control and spend our money on our priorities

Imagine if we Vote Leave in 73 days’ time… We can protect the UK by maintaining our own armed defences and not surrendering control to a European army.

NATO keeps the peace, not the EU

Vote Leave research shows that EU member states who are in NATO are failing to meet defence spending obligations. In 2015, 18 out of the 21 of EU member states that are NATO members failed to meet the 2% spending target.
www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... e=voteleave

The IN campaign claim that the EU has helped to keep the peace in Europe, but when member states consistently fail to pay their way, this simply cannot be the case. Indeed, as Defence Minister Julian Brazier MP said: 'These figures demolish claims that the UK depends on the EU for security. NATO remains the bedrock of the UK and Europe’s collective security.'

NATO guarantees our defence, not the EU. If we Vote Leave, we can stop sending £350 million a week to Brussels and give our soldiers the resources they need.

Big Business and EU: Brothers in arms

It is no surprise that big business is on the side of the EU. The big banks and the multinational companies are all on the side of remaining in the EU. One of the reasons why is because judges from Luxembourg defend their interests rather than ordinary taxpayers.

New research by Vote Leave shows how rulings by the European Court of Justice have forced HMRC to issue huge refunds to big businesses. British taxpayers could lose as much as £50 billion due to EU judges overruling the UK’s tax laws. Responding to the revelations, Employment Minister Priti Patel said: ‘The EU may be good for some big multinational businesses, but the truth is it's bad for smaller firms and UK taxpayers.'
www.voteleavetakecontrol.org... ce=voteleave

If we take back control and Vote Leave, we can stop sending £350 million a week to Brussels, make our own laws and stop the EU supporting big corporations at our expense.

More criticism of Government’s pro-EU leaflet

The fallout from the leaflet controversy continues. The pro-EU propaganda blitz has been condemned both in and outside Westminster. The Government’s 16 page leaflet which will cost nearly £10 million deserves the criticism it has received in national media. We should also reflect this in local media as well.

If you are unhappy that the Government is spending your hard-earned money to deliver pro-EU leaflets to your door, why not write to your MP or local paper? We have prepared some suggested text d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net... which you could use. And you won’t be alone - Liam Fox MP has written d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net... to the Prime Minister saying that at a time of austerity, the Government should not be using taxpayers’ money on a one-sided piece of propaganda.

Today’s must-reads:

EU tax judgments could cost Britain £50bn - Sunday Times
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

EU wants control of YOUR pension: Brussels' secret plan REVEALED - Express
www.express.co.uk...

I resigned so I could tell the truth about Brexit - John Longworth, Guardian
www.theguardian.com...

'Our economy would be better with a Brexit' Employment Minister blasts EU membership - Sunday Express
www.express.co.uk...

The EU dentists we can't check up on - Mail
www.dailymail.co.uk... mpetence.html

Staying in the EU is a leap in the dark with both legs shackled - Roger Bootle, Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk...

EU to propose visa-free travel for Ukraine despite Dutch vote - Reuters
www.reuters.com...

Graf Lambsdorff: EU ‘clearly went too far’ in Brexit concessions - EurActiv
www.euractiv.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is a must watch video with some well known people explaining the birth and eventual death of the EU.

Some people may call it a conspiracy theory but it seems very accurate and plausible to me.

There are some important issues raised in the video that need to be discussed if people have time to watch.
- Particularly interested about the EU wanting to turn the UK into 12 regions
- The similarities between the EU and the Soviet Union.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
David Miliband saying that Brexit is political arson and no world leader would celebrate us leaving except for dear old Vlad, le Pen and possibly Trump. I think he is just a mouth-piece for Hilary Clinton as their close friendship develops and talk of him being given a position in her potential administration.

Why Brexit would be nothing less than an act of political arson

"Dodgy Dave" ... you made my day Dennis Skinner

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join