It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Referendum 23 June 2016 - Will it be an EU BREXIT or Not?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I see some more fear monger material is about to land on our doorsteps - the Govt spending £10m on sending glossy brochures to try and persuade us to vote to stay in the EU. The fact they are trying to skew the public vote by only giving one side of the story means my vote will now definitely be to EXIT. Whenever Cameron is behind something you just know you must make the opposite decision to what that criminal is pushing.
edit on 7/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
'shaking my head' ....

Never ceases to amaze me what short memories people have

I urge each and everyone of you to read this links

www.jcm.org.uk...

and this

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Irelands *undemocratic* second Lisbon Treaty >>>> In other words democracy is

only democracy When you get the result you want

Vote OUT the EU is a monster that devours.
edit on 8-4-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
'shaking my head' ....

Never ceases to amaze me what short memories people have

I urge each and everyone of you to read this links

www.jcm.org.uk...

and this

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Irelands *undemocratic* second Lisbon Treaty >>>> In other words democracy is

only democracy When you get the result you want

Vote OUT the EU is a monster that devours.

They conquered Ireland through economic fear, destroying the country when they sensed that Ireland would vote NO.
Get ready for the same to happen in the UK... a document has already been leaked that shows a plan to hit the UK economy before the vote. It will be timed nicely to spread fear, with the EU being the only 'saviour'.
By 'they', I of course mean the banking and criminal cabal that run Europe.
edit on 8/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
How short do your memories have to be

This is less than one year ago.

Yanis Varon the Greek finance minister said his country

is"on war footing" and accused the Eurozone of trying to

terrify Greek voters into submission

*What they (the EU) is doing with Greece has a name

TERRORISM

This is an enemy using power not bombs!!

People do we really want to be ANY PART OF THAT?

While the EU exists .... DEMOCRACY is dead!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I see some more fear monger material is about to land on our doorsteps - the Govt spending £10m on sending glossy brochures to try and persuade us to vote to stay in the EU. The fact they are trying to skew the public vote by only giving one side of the story means my vote will now definitely be to EXIT. Whenever Cameron is behind something you just know you must make the opposite decision to what that criminal is pushing.

I don't get the objections to this, to be honest.

The Government is supposed to be representing British interests. If they have decided that Britain should remain, it is their duty to provide the public with information on why this is the case......hence the leaflets.

Whether you agree with Brexit or Not, this is simply a government being responsible (for once, whatever the reasons) to its duties. And there is nothing stopping the Brexit camp doing the same........

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
*LOL!!*

This just appeared at the top of *My ATS* page ...

The TRUTH about Brexit - Be informed

www.capitalandconflict.com...

Thought I'd pass it on in case it doesn't appear on every ones.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: UKTruth

The Government is supposed to be representing British interests. If they have decided that Britain should remain, it is their duty to provide the public with information on why this is the case......hence the leaflets.

Whether you agree with Brexit or Not, this is simply a government being responsible (for once, whatever the reasons) to its duties. And there is nothing stopping the Brexit camp doing the same........

The Govt is supposed to represent the people, not British interests. On this issue the whole point of the referendum is to get the view of the people. They should be provided with facts to make that decision, not sales material.

This is also NOT the govt that is doing this - it's Cameron and his cronies. MP's are furious over this - there was no agreement to do it and there are calls for shutting down the govt and challenging the leadership within the Tory party.

Tax payer money is being used to send a one sided message to influence the vote.

If tax payer money can also be used to tell the other side, then fine, but it can't.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I would say being responsible would be not spending the best part of £10 million.

on glossy leaflets going through the letter box where they simply get binned as

spam.

The government has access to the BBC and could use that media at various times

to get their message over?...But I can quite see why they don't....David Cameron's

limp, unconvincing performances in front of the camera, wouldn't do the *stay*

campaign much good.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I would say being responsible would be not spending the best part of £10 million.

on glossy leaflets going through the letter box where they simply get binned as

spam.

The government has access to the BBC and could use that media at various times

to get their message over?...But I can quite see why they don't....David Cameron's

limp, unconvincing performances in front of the camera, wouldn't do the *stay*

campaign much good.

And to be clear this is a Cameron initiative, not the Govt.
The same David Cameron caught for profiting from tax evasion.

Euro Puppet David Cameron

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, you have it wrong there.

Parties put forward a manifesto and the public then votes on that manifesto. It is then up to the party elected to make good on their promises (or not). The people then get the chance to hold them to account at the next election time.

Once elected, the government either has to stand by its pledges or not. It is nothing to do with reacting to populist (or not) issues. In point of fact, this is the problem with modern politics in most nations. Governments forget they are supposed to be representing their nation and instead react to every new story, therefore often contradicting themselves and not actually getting to grips with any issues because they are simply lurching from one issue to the next.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Parties put forward a manifesto and the public then votes on that manifesto. It is then up to the party elected to make good on their promises (or not). The people then get the chance to hold them to account at the next election time.

Trouble there is .... the people cant alter the result of this referendum by holding

the party concerned to account. IT IS TOO LATE the damage will have been done.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Once elected, the government either has to stand by its pledges or not. It is nothing to do with reacting to populist (or not) issues. In point of fact, this is the problem with modern politics in most nations. Governments forget they are supposed to be representing their nation and instead react to every new story, therefore often contradicting themselves and not actually getting to grips with any issues because they are simply lurching from one issue to the next.

This is a referendum.

a general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision.

This has nothing to do with the election. It's you who is wrong.

What Cameron is doing is acting as a salesman for his European masters and neglecting the British people by feeding them only the information his masters have ordained suitable for inclusion in his sales literature. It's no different to a company head office sending the regional branch a sales pack to parrot to customers.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Which was part of the Conservative manifesto.........

The referendum is being delivered, so the Conservatives have made good on their pledge. However, having made good on their pledge, the government position is one of support for the EU, so they are now entitled to demonstrate and explain that support, hence the leaflets.

Post election, the party and the Government are differing beasts, regardless of political affiliation. As above, the parties are there to offer what they think the voters want. If elected, the governments are their to either deliver (or not) those pledges and to be held accountable for those decisions.

Having set there stall out that staying is the best option, it would be irresponsible to not role out the machinations of state in order to make your position clear.

Where i do agree with you is that a similar amount should really be set aside for the Leave camp. That said, Lord Ashcroft could easily use some of his tax haven millions here.......

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Which was part of the Conservative manifesto.........

The referendum is being delivered, so the Conservatives have made good on their pledge. However, having made good on their pledge, the government position is one of support for the EU, so they are now entitled to demonstrate and explain that support, hence the leaflets.

Post election, the party and the Government are differing beasts, regardless of political affiliation. As above, the parties are there to offer what they think the voters want. If elected, the governments are their to either deliver (or not) those pledges and to be held accountable for those decisions.

Having set there stall out that staying is the best option, it would be irresponsible to not role out the machinations of state in order to make your position clear.

Where i do agree with you is that a similar amount should really be set aside for the Leave camp. That said, Lord Ashcroft could easily use some of his tax haven millions here.......

The fact we would have a referendum was part of the manifesto, but it does not change what a referendum is. The govt have passed this to the British people for their view, before making a decision on it.

As I said, Cameron is now acting as the Regional Sales Director for the EU, not our PM - or more importantly not like a citizen who has the same decision we have to make in the referendum. He is using tax payer money to fund his EU sales budget.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

How can you seriously defend the government spending £10 million of OUR money printing/delivering propaganda leaflets that don't even show both sides of the argument?! You are in a MASSIVE minority with those views, even people who are undecided or want to Remain think it's disgraceful.

The Leave campaign's money is DONATED to them, not taken from tax payers without their approval.

Half of the Conservatives want to Leave the EU, so it's hardly a 'government' initiative, it's David Cameron trying every little trick in the book to win, because they are desperate.

Can't wait to see how much of Cameron's negotiations appear in this leaflet... I bet hardly anything. Even though Cameron has said himself, that this new deal would persuade him to join the EU if we weren't already.

How can people be so gullible and believe that pig-#ing twat?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I signed this petition today.

STOP CAMERON spending British taxpayers’ money on Pro-EU Referendum leaflets

Currently standing at 166,147 signatures

Government has responded (obligation to inform the public) and still waiting for debate date. Mr Cameron you have a duty to provide facts which allows the general public to make an informed choice. This is nothing more than propaganda.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
I signed this petition today.

STOP CAMERON spending British taxpayers’ money on Pro-EU Referendum leaflets

Currently standing at 166,147 signatures

Government has responded (obligation to inform the public) and still waiting for debate date. Mr Cameron you have a duty to provide facts which allows the general public to make an informed choice. This is nothing more than propaganda.

Signed - this has to be actioned now. Massive embarrassment for Cameron. This could take him down and even force an earlier general election..

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

There is a petition relating to this as well. I signed it as a symbolic gesture as I doubt it will be debated. 67000 signatures (4000 in the last hour). The government has not yet responded.

Hold a General Election in 2016

I can *sniff* a potential leadership challenge.

Maybe wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

There is a petition relating to this as well. I signed it as a symbolic gesture as I doubt it will be debated. 67000 signatures (4000 in the last hour). The government has not yet responded.

Hold a General Election in 2016

I can *sniff* a potential leadership challenge.

Maybe wishful thinking.

Needs to get to 100k... I will sign it.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Westminster spent exactly the same amount per household in Scotland to sway the referendum vote in favour of remain in UK.

You didn't complain about that so why complain about this.

Or are you saying the Scottish vote was unfair ?

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join