It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis : Trump proves GOP establishment can’t stop him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

Well, before it was novel. It was a spectacle. But last night it got real and now playtime is over for the establishment power brokers.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think you guys got it wrong. Trump is the establishment. The GOP and the Press are the establishment.

They go one way together, even when they appear divided.

He's just playing like he's going to fix it for everyone when really, he's the fox promising not to hurt the chickens.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Trumps no Gump! And it appears that folk appreciate the no nonsense speak your mind approach like its a breath of fresh air. And you know how good fresh air is for everything!

So don't be at all surprise if you end up with a TRUMPOTUS! or TRUMPOUS!

We need one of these in the UK!

Like we need a hole in the head?

We need the UK system to change and new kind of politician who is anti-greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I tend to agree. Anyone, no matter the party, who gets the nomination is controlled by global interests and can only do so much. But some candidates are more pliable and convenient than others. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Trump isn't being bolstered by the TEA Party or evangelicals. Those voters are going to others candidates.

Seems he is going after the neocons.

They never went away after Bush, just hid and and now they are crawling out the woodwork for there own version of big goverment and wars.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

If candidates don't toe the party line, they won't get nominated. All this opinionating is moot when it comes down to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How many fanatical racist white people in America? For the world's sake I hope it's less 50% come election time.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: ReadLeader

It is so satisfying seeing and hearing the Grand Old Party establishment go into meltdown over Trumps enigmatic success with US citizens.

Clearly US politics has reached a crisis point...for the establishment and no matter what the propaganda machine churns out, the people are speaking out.

Take this front page from one of the rags for instance stating that all Trump supporters are mindless zombies - LOL, are they butthurt or what??

Every time the Media publishes a front pages like this Trump will get more votes... They're insulting American citizens.
It just goes to show you how much disdain the: Political, Financial and Media Triad have for normal hard working everyday people, It's not just in America but in Europe also.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Kasich blew his wad in New Hampshire and the best he could do was half Trump's total. He did succeed in a narrow win over Cruz, the other non-establishment candidate.

Thing is Trump is eating up the traditional GOP voter base in large numbers. The establishment has to figure out how to woo their own base back if they want to win. Trump isn't being bolstered by the TEA Party or evangelicals. Those voters are going to others candidates.

I'd disagree with your last sentence. He's getting his support not just from the Republican base. I was a Tea Party supporter and am no longer. Not all Christians are single issue driven either. He's getting traction right across the political spectrum.

I'd go as far as to say that as the perception that he could win the nomination increases, so will his support.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I have to agree. I think those voters who are not swayed by Trump's outrageous remarks will eventually win out in the end. Trump is appealing to the fringe right of the Republican party. What can you expect, he was also a birther.

If for some crazy reason he does win the election, it will certainly be entertaining to say the least. The drama should be more entertaining than a soap opera.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'd go as far as to say that as the perception that he could win the nomination increases, so will his support.

Exactly, I'm also a "Tea Party'er" but consider myself more of a conservative, and while Ben Carson is still my First choice, I am happy to Fully support Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well, this is shaping up to be an interesting election it seems that the establishment is out of touch with the people, to quote Bob Dylan " the times they are a changing"

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The GOP establishment can't stop him. But TPTB can, and they'll still get their predetermined matchup of Hillary vs Jeb, with Hillary being installed for the next eight years. Bernie and Donald are only used now to entertain the masses while obfuscating the real agenda. This is just temporary to make the sheeple think their vote/input matters. I've been around long enough (56 years) to see what's really going on. The last 'real' president we had was JFK and he was killed because he presented a threat to 'them' that actually run the show. Don't be fooled. Enjoy the show now, because what you see will be a different landscape come the fall.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

The GOP establishment can't stop him. But TPTB can, and they'll still get their predetermined matchup of Hillary vs Jeb, with Hillary being installed for the next eight years. Bernie and Donald are only used now to entertain the masses while obfuscating the real agenda. This is just temporary to make the sheeple think their vote/input matters. I've been around long enough (56 years) to see what's really going on. The last 'real' president we had was JFK and he was killed because he presented a threat to 'them' that actually run the show. Don't be fooled. Enjoy the show now, because what you see will be a different landscape come the fall.

When it's not Clinton VS. Bush I hope you and and the many like you will drop the old and tired "TPTB rull all" stuff already... If it IS Clinton VS. Bush, than I'll buy into the conspiracy myself

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Kasich blew his wad in New Hampshire and the best he could do was half Trump's total. He did succeed in a narrow win over Cruz, the other non-establishment candidate.

Thing is Trump is eating up the traditional GOP voter base in large numbers. The establishment has to figure out how to woo their own base back if they want to win. Trump isn't being bolstered by the TEA Party or evangelicals. Those voters are going to others candidates.

Cruz is totally an establishment goon!

Goldman Sachs anyone? Come on.
The guy uses Jesus as a deer lick, trying to lure in clueless citizens so he can blast them and hang their rack on his wall.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Trump is not going to win. It's all just puppets on powerful strings. The string pullers will never allow this. Think "miracle" primary wins for Bush. Think contested convention. Think election 2000. Or, since this election cycle has been so dramatic and surprising, think Bloomberg.

I agree with you. Just because Trump won NH doesn't mean the GOP is going to give up and "allow" him to win. If Donald doesn't eventually throw in the towel himself (which I think he will, after a few primary losses), they have a few cards left up their sleeves and they will use them when they need to...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

When it's not Clinton VS. Bush I hope you and and the many like you will drop the old and tired "TPTB rull all" stuff already... If it IS Clinton VS. Bush, than I'll buy into the conspiracy myself

I can guaranty, as I pointed out, that Hillary will be POTUS. I can also guaranty that neither Trump nor Sanders will be. Do you actually think the general population (voters) want her? The 'conspiracy' is reality and has been for over two hundred years in this country. 'TPTB' is not a falacy. There exists a good book on this subject if you care to learn something instead of automatically being dismissive. The book is Shadows of Power: www.amazon.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Trump is not going to win. It's all just puppets on powerful strings. The string pullers will never allow this. Think "miracle" primary wins for Bush. Think contested convention. Think election 2000. Or, since this election cycle has been so dramatic and surprising, think Bloomberg.

You think people are going to just sit around and accept this, this time?
String pullers better watch their back then...

You thought Gore vs Bush was frustrating.

No amount of "string pulling" is going to satisfy a rabid and pissed off majority.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I agree with you. Just because Trump won NH doesn't mean the GOP is going to give up and "allow" him to win. If Donald doesn't eventually throw in the towel himself (which I think he will, after a few primary losses), they have a few cards left up their sleeves and they will use them when they need to...

Trump is too smart to play their game. He won't just throw in the towel. He'll eventually go third party as he realizes the GOP is forcing him out. He'll have the last laugh as his third party run takes votes away from the GOP and hands Hillary the presidency.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Trump is too smart to play their game. He won't just throw in the towel. He'll eventually go third party as he realizes the GOP is forcing him out. He'll have the last laugh as his third party run takes votes away from the GOP and hands Hillary Sanders the presidency.

Probably true, but I did fix a slight error.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join