It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis : Trump proves GOP establishment can’t stop him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: ReadLeader

The GOP establishment can't stop him. But TPTB can, and they'll still get their predetermined matchup of Hillary vs Jeb, with Hillary being installed for the next eight years. Bernie and Donald are only used now to entertain the masses while obfuscating the real agenda. This is just temporary to make the sheeple think their vote/input matters. I've been around long enough (56 years) to see what's really going on. The last 'real' president we had was JFK and he was killed because he presented a threat to 'them' that actually run the show. Don't be fooled. Enjoy the show now, because what you see will be a different landscape come the fall.

Bush came fourth in NH and is clinging on by his fingernails. At the moment he's bobbling along in the SC polls at about 10%, or roughly in 4th place, just ahead of Carson.
Now, obviously we don't know what's going to happen just yet but my gut tells me that Christie will drop out soon - he bet everything on NH and he failed to get a single delegate. Any perceived momentum that Rubio got from Iowa has now vanished.
Fiorina screams a lot but is getting nowhere fast and Carson is still taking his month-long nap. Kasich was a one-state pony and will go away after South Carolina, where he's currently polling at 2%.
What the Bush campaign staff might be thinking is to stay in it just long enough to see off Rubio and then hopefully see the Establishment vote coalesce around Jeb! as a reaction against Trump. The problem is that Cruz is also still out there, which complicates things. We could potentially see a triad of candidates fighting it out - Trump, Cruz and Jeb!. That said, the last I heard was that those who have been funding Bush are getting nervous and are wondering if they should abandon him for Rubio.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

As each 'primary' is held, Trump loses the ability to be on that state's ballot for president. Iowa is done, now NH.
Electoral votes are the key. He has to announce before the primaries of each state to run as an independent, from my understanding.

Do you really think he will run exercise that option when he's just won a Republican primary? Not bloody likely.

Just a guess, but if he loses the nomination process while maintaining a large/huge grass-root support. Look to a third party option led by Trump AFTER this election cycle......

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Trumps no Gump! And it appears that folk appreciate the no nonsense speak your mind approach like its a breath of fresh air. And you know how good fresh air is for everything!

So don't be at all surprise if you end up with a TRUMPOTUS! or TRUMPOUS!

We need one of these in the UK!

Like we need a hole in the head?

We need the UK system to change and new kind of politician who is anti-greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you seriously think Trump is an example of that - really??? Trump, born with money, loses it (and that of his shareholders), gets more money, then threatens to sue when someone has the audacity to build a wind farm that will be offensive to the rich people using his golf club................ and you call him anti greed? Wow, you set the bar way high don't you?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Trump is not going to win. It's all just puppets on powerful strings. The string pullers will never allow this. Think "miracle" primary wins for Bush. Think contested convention. Think election 2000. Or, since this election cycle has been so dramatic and surprising, think Bloomberg.

I agree with you. Just because Trump won NH doesn't mean the GOP is going to give up and "allow" him to win. If Donald doesn't eventually throw in the towel himself (which I think he will, after a few primary losses), they have a few cards left up their sleeves and they will use them when they need to...

Trump is too smart to play their game. He won't just throw in the towel. He'll eventually go third party as he realizes the GOP is forcing him out. He'll have the last laugh as his third party run takes votes away from the GOP and hands Hillary Sanders the presidency.

Probably true, but I did fix a slight error.

I can only hope you're right. Nothing more I'd love to see than Sanders instead of Hillary. But then reality rears it's ugly head....Hillary. Which will be even worse because she lost every demographic last night except for women over 65.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

a reply to: ReadLeader

The GOP establishment can't stop him. But TPTB can, and they'll still get their predetermined matchup of Hillary vs Jeb, with Hillary being installed for the next eight years. Bernie and Donald are only used now to entertain the masses while obfuscating the real agenda. This is just temporary to make the sheeple think their vote/input matters. I've been around long enough (56 years) to see what's really going on. The last 'real' president we had was JFK and he was killed because he presented a threat to 'them' that actually run the show. Don't be fooled. Enjoy the show now, because what you see will be a different landscape come the fall.

When it's not Clinton VS. Bush I hope you and and the many like you will drop the old and tired "TPTB rull all" stuff already... If it IS Clinton VS. Bush, than I'll buy into the conspiracy myself

I can guaranty, as I pointed out, that Hillary will be POTUS. I can also guaranty that neither Trump nor Sanders will be. Do you actually think the general population (voters) want her? The 'conspiracy' is reality and has been for over two hundred years in this country. 'TPTB' is not a falacy. There exists a good book on this subject if you care to learn something instead of automatically being dismissive. The book is Shadows of Power: www.amazon.com...

I'm not "automatically being dismissive" I've researched it and studied it as many on this site have. I just don't buy into the idea that their are a majestic 12(or whatever) in charge of the entire world and they are perfect beyond belief and never make mistakes.

I DO believe there are billions of people on this planet each individually trying to have their way, and some have more influence than others, but regardless. As I asked, I HOPE than when it is NOT a "Clinton VS. Bush" you can reevaluate your position.

The Reason I point this out now is because all too often, people in your position will come after the fact and go "AHA! Trump was part of their plan all along!" I hope that is not the case and you can just admit you are wrong.

As a concession, I, myself, will admit I am 100% wrong and there IS a "powers that be" if in fact it does turn out to be "Clinton Vs. Bush".

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

This summer Jeb will be nominated by the GOP in a brokered convention when they meet. Book it.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is so much fun...

Trump wins by 15%

Sanders wins by 20%

You think they get we are pissed yet ?

America is not going to bend over anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Trumps no Gump! And it appears that folk appreciate the no nonsense speak your mind approach like its a breath of fresh air. And you know how good fresh air is for everything!

So don't be at all surprise if you end up with a TRUMPOTUS! or TRUMPOUS!

We need one of these in the UK!

Like we need a hole in the head?

We need the UK system to change and new kind of politician who is anti-greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you seriously think Trump is an example of that - really??? Trump, born with money, loses it (and that of his shareholders), gets more money, then threatens to sue when someone has the audacity to build a wind farm that will be offensive to the rich people using his golf club................ and you call him anti greed? Wow, you set the bar way high don't you?

No I don't! I was thinking that if we had a trump in the UK to stir things up and that resulted in a system change with a PM who was anti-greed then that would be good. And of course he is greedy!

But it is better to have someone stirring the pot like he is and giving a message to the same old status quo tribe than the same old status quo tribe saying the same old nothing changes crap!

So bar not so high!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
He has to announce before the primaries of each state to run as an independent, from my understanding.

I think he has till around March. This is talking about Trump and Carson...

State filing deadlines would give the two Republicans until about March to launch independent or third-party campaigns, experts said. That would give a well-financed campaign enough time to gather sufficient signatures on petitions so the candidate could appear on the ballot in every state.
States have set up a legal maze of different deadlines and requirements that makes it challenging for even well-funded campaigns to get on the ballot in every state.

Source
More Info

edit on 2/10/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This summer Jeb will be nominated by the GOP in a brokered convention when they meet. Book it.

Only if no-one gets a majority of delegates. If Trump somehow gets the nomination wrapped up via the delegate count then the GOP would have to be raving mad to step in and try and derail him at the convention. It would be a PR disaster of the first order and would cause a civil war within the party - and would guarantee victory to whoever the Democratic nominee is.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. I'd gladly eat crow if the people's choice of Trump or Sanders takes the oath. But look back as recently as 2000. Gore won the popular vote. Certain people didn't like that outcome so the fall back is an antiquated system of the electoral college. Then Dubya is put in due to a decision of a friendly judge in a state where his brother was governor. And not a peep from the sheeple.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'll admit, I've never been a fan of Trump and think his campaign is a dangerous farce. But as I listened to him after last night's NH Primary I found it amusing that his position is:

1. We're gonna build a wall, it's not that difficult
2. We're gonna bomb the crap out of ISIS (more war)
3. We're gonna take care of our vets (I assume he means veterans as opposed to animal doctors)
4 We're gonna water-board and more to the 'evil doers'
5. We're gonna repeal the ACA and replace it with 'something' (presumably anything as long as it has nothing to do with the Democrats)
6. We're gonna build-up our military
7. And last but not least, we're gonna balance the budget

I have to assume Mexico is going to pay for items #1 through #6? On top of this, this 'outsider' tells us that all sorts of Big Business guys are contacting him and wanting to 'get involved'. I assume that means reserving their place at the trough? And people are foaming at the mouth for this guy? He totally pooched the biggest development project of his career and one of the biggest ever in NYC because he couldn't/wouldn't 'deal' with the other stakeholders yet he sells people on his 'deal-making' skills. I just don't get it. I can't believe people are this blind.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

But are his speaking in generalities any different than past or present candidates talking in specifics and not following through? In 2008 Obama ran on an obtuse Hope and Change' platform and was elected...twice.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I've said all along Hill and Bush in the end but this at least makes it entertaining

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for the clarification

Hopefully, it would be the forerunner to a third party after this cycle, IMO. Likely, if he did it now, it would look like Perot's attempt. I.E. a healthy percentile with no state wins and, as a result, no electoral votes, at all.

I suppose, on second thought that that loss could also be used for the next lection cycle with a formalized Third Party.

The drawback, in my mind, is I see Trump as 'apolitical'. That he would take a solution from any party/doctrine...if he saw that solution as the best interests of the nation, over all.(hopefully) If he's a member/leader of a 'party', he is forced into a specific agenda/policy/platform which restricts options, IMO.

I honestly, truly, believe that is exactly what is needed desperately and right now. An outside the box thinker and breaker of the 'everybody knows' mentality. He is best suited for that potential, IMO.

edit on 10-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yes, but he tells everyone that he's going to be the best president ever. And then he shouts it all at them again. I think that parts of the GOP electorate have Stockholm Syndrome. That or they've been brainwashed into shouting 'YUUUUGEEE!' every time they see the Bouffant Bloviator.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No, not necessarily. But as has been said over and over again... insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Why can no one see that? I'm not a fan of mainstream politics by any stretch. Look at my avatar. But in all honesty, despite all the BS that has gone down, wasn't the economy the single biggest threat in 2008? And look where we are now.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Only if no-one gets a majority of delegates. If Trump somehow gets the nomination wrapped up via the delegate count then the GOP would have to be raving mad to step in and try and derail him at the convention. It would be a PR disaster of the first order and would cause a civil war within the party - and would guarantee victory to whoever the Democratic nominee is.

"Brokered convention talk invites Trump to bolt GOP"
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First, they said "Trumps remark about deporting illegal immigrants was a HUGE mistake, you will see a big backlash from the American people"

Then. "The people only support him because they are stars truck due to his reality show"
Really? If any other Joe blow reality star ran for president, would they get all this support?

Then. "Soon his momentum will die and people will forget about him" meanwhile, he is continuously at the top of the polls.

Then "Trump the big loser came in #2 in Iowa, while Rubio the big winner came in #3, Rubio is surging ahead and will ride this momentum all the way to the Whitehouse!!!

Now. No matter what tricky wording and biased reporting h they come up with, they cannot deny people actually like him and he is winning in the polls, so they say "Trump has suddenly made a big turn around and might possibly have a chance, this has come out of nowhere it's astounding"

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

No, they don't. Haven't you been paying attention to the Beltway talking heads? They still don't get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join