It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis : Trump proves GOP establishment can’t stop him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Thing is that Trump has cobbled together the sort of moderate and independent and traditional Republican coalition the GOPe has sworn was going to win them election for the last two election cycles, and now you get to watch the Establishment Republicans call that very same group idiots and racists and morons ... They're burying themselves and they don't even realize it yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

They did a poll of Republicans in Iowa. Most of Trump's support in the Republican base comes from the traditional Republicans. TEA Party voters are mostly split between Carson/Rubio/Cruz with evangelicals mostly going between Cruz and Carson. That doesn't mean that Trumps gets none of the TEA and evangelical vote, just that it is insignificant compared to his share of the establishment vote.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

This summer Jeb will be nominated by the GOP in a brokered convention when they meet. Book it.

Only if no-one gets a majority of delegates. If Trump somehow gets the nomination wrapped up via the delegate count then the GOP would have to be raving mad to step in and try and derail him at the convention. It would be a PR disaster of the first order and would cause a civil war within the party - and would guarantee victory to whoever the Democratic nominee is.

"Brokered convention talk invites Trump to bolt GOP"
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Yes, but that was back in October. Back when the GOP was merely worrying about a Trump nominee, instead of now, when they're frantically panicking.
That aside, it's still too early. We've only had one caucus and one primary. Plus the herd is starting to thin now - Fiorina has just dropped out and Christie might be next. Let's see what happens.
With a bucket of popcorn and some beer.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
if either jeb or hilliary get elected i think it will be painfully clear even to the sheep that the game is rigged and i think could possible lead to a physical revolution. i hope the USA wont lay down and accept being spat in the face again.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

OK. Your referring specifically to Republicans. OK. Sure. Most are...or where Traditional Republicans to begin with. My disaffection with the tea party is recent. That was Gowdy's endorsement of Rubio with no queries from other Tea Party leaders.

The only thing I'd question is why the so-called traditional Republicans suddenly support Trump?? Didn't the movement away from the Establishment start with the Tea Party groups? So all of a sudden 'traditional republicans' move to Trump and weren't Tea Party supporters...went to Trump instead? Didn't come equally out of the Tea party side?

This doesn't add up, IMO. Establishment machinations?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Pundits can say what they will but no one....NO ONE....expected this. To be honest, I expected in some way for him to lose by 15 to Kasich in some crazy power surge. If that would have happened, we would know, that they have control of everything. But what this shows us is that there is a veil of fear and it is being pulled back. Like the Wizard of Oz, a big scary monster telling us what to do and it is controlled by a scared man behind the scenes. People are angry...and broke. Not a good combination.

Right now the GOP is trying to figure out a way to stop Trump. Bottom line. Now that you have basically what will be 2 more out you have a better playing field. Kasich shot the moon in NH and without a win, he will coast out of the way. Bush....this shows you whose family dynasty is bigger right now. Hilary can lose by 20% but more delegates and Jeb has to settle for what amounts to nothing. It would be like coming out 2 bucks ahead after a wild night of gambling. That money was thought to go to Rubio and he is imploding.

This has got to be one of the best GOP races in decades.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
if either jeb or hilliary get elected i think it will be painfully clear even to the sheep that the game is rigged and i think could possible lead to a physical revolution. i hope the USA wont lay down and accept being spat in the face again.

Don't worry, they'll still accept it. Physical revolution? John Q. Public can't get up off the couch from their Netflix.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Pundits can say what they will but no one....NO ONE....expected this. To be honest, I expected in some way for him to lose by 15 to Kasich in some crazy power surge. If that would have happened, we would know, that they have control of everything. But what this shows us is that there is a veil of fear and it is being pulled back. Like the Wizard of Oz, a big scary monster telling us what to do and it is controlled by a scared man behind the scenes. People are angry...and broke. Not a good combination.

Right now the GOP is trying to figure out a way to stop Trump. Bottom line. Now that you have basically what will be 2 more out you have a better playing field. Kasich shot the moon in NH and without a win, he will coast out of the way. Bush....this shows you whose family dynasty is bigger right now. Hilary can lose by 20% but more delegates and Jeb has to settle for what amounts to nothing. It would be like coming out 2 bucks ahead after a wild night of gambling. That money was thought to go to Rubio and he is imploding.

This has got to be one of the best GOP races in decades.

I wouldn't say 'best', I'd say 'worrying but oddly entertaining'. I'm bewildered to say that every one of my predictions about the GOP race has been wrong this past year. Initially I thought that Walker (whom I loathe) had a chance. Then he flamed out and crashed. Then I thought that Perry might have a meaningful second run at it. Nope. Jindal - well, I watched his launch video, reeled in horror and rightly wrote him off.
The moment that Trump joined in I predicted his early demise. I was wrong. And I still think that he's in it for the publicity.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This truly is an unprecedented election with Trump and Bernie.

I wish Bernie could win. That would be a miracle but I don’t see how he could.

Trump would have been decent if he weren’t playing the racist bigot card

Hillary is a sinister horror of a person

So we have a terrible choice

Bloomberg will get in if it looks like Trump and Bernie and that will make it impossible for the winner to get the 270 electoral votes so the election will go to the congress which is GOP run.

I sense something real bad coming of this

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Clowns dont get where Trump is today. He may play up for the cameras but he wouldnt have the money and power if he was as stupid as he is being portrayed. I think the normal person on the street in the West are just sick of the same old polished canditates who promise everything and deliver nothing.

In UK our Trump was Nigel Farage who eventually didnt do as well as people thought but what he did suceed in doing was getting the referendum for British people to vote in or out of EU.a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

it pains me to say it but i know you are most likely right

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join