It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, what are your thoughts on dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
· I ask this question out of curiosity, I am not a christian. But I am familiar with christianity, and if I were a christian I would go to the book of Enoch. It mentions the Nephilim creating strange beasts. I would go with the flood when it comes to dinosaurs extinction if I were christian. But most conservative christians wont accept anything non canonical so what do you say?

· Or maybe the serpent was of the dinosaurs race and god made the living dinosaur serpents into smaller modern reptiles when he turned the intelligent serpent into a quadroped reptile( which btw excludes the serpent from being satan, what, did god ever say that serpent would be a divine being like satan? No, he said "All the days of your life" that means the serpent is mortal and an animal. How could he end up as satan later on. I mean really?)
edit on 7-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

I believe in the total Destruction of Earth and It's Re-creation.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Those of us who have no problem with the theory of evolution are very comfortable with dinosaurs.
As long as the large ones stay out of my garden.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Dinosaurs lol. There were some pretty big ones, eh. Probably existed during or leading up to the first sun (this is the fourth sun). Information, re carved images on temples of different varieties is probably the result of ancient knowledge handed down over tens of millions of years. There's nothing new under sun, civilizations are created and destroyed, it appears self annihilation is an ongoing and cyclic trend. See you in the fifth sun ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

How do you explain them not being in the bible, even though it begins at the creation of the universe? Pretty big thing to forget when God is telling you about creation, as he was Moses. It's funny to laugh about but evolution doesn't jive with the bible unless you make up ridiculous theories and excuses and start making false interpretations.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

They existed but something major enough occurred to permanently change the oxygen balance in the atmosphere. This change made the megafauna less efficient or able to sustain such large bodies and so they died out.

Some of the last hold-outs of the megafauna may have been killed off by a particularly vicious species of primate that had begun to manipulate its environment, produce tools and hunt in packs.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Because Genesis is not trying to give a detailed history.
It's teaching its readers about the relationship between God and humanity.
I believe that God made the human race, and I'm willing to accept the possibility that evolution was the way that he did it.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, im a christian...but common sense comes before doctrine. The evidence for dinosaurs existing is far greater than anything written in any religious text

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Those of us who have no problem with the theory of evolution are very comfortable with dinosaurs.
As long as the large ones stay out of my garden.

Sometimes I wish that purple singing one would join his peers.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The narrative of the early OT is fairly sketchy and not at all continuous.

I just accept that not everything is in there nor needs to be in there. It's a narrative of God's interaction and dealing with humanity, not dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think dinosaurs were reptiles that were around a long time ago.
I think some were really big, others were not so big.
I think some of them ate meat, others ate plants.... and I would bet that some were omnivorous.
I think some had feathers.
Some were bipedal, some were quadrupeds.
Some were aquatic. Some of them may have been able to fly.

Now this thing about the Nephilum????
Not much showing up in the fossil record for them!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Only rumors and fake pictures of the Nephilim bones.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sketchy is acceptable to you for a book supposed to be about god? I think that would be kind of lying by omission on gods part telling everyone his creation happened one way but leaving out the part about the dinosaurs? Not very honest of god, that is pretty sketchy.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Mega fauna and Dinosaurs are not the same thing, at least not that I'm aware of. Mega fauna died off during the younger dryas, 12800 years ago, Dinosaurs died off 65 million years ago. The only correlation being a large astronomical event ending them both.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think of myaelf as Christian. I went to a church school from very young, was in the church choir, went to Sunday School until late teens and believe there is an entity that we cant see but can feel namely God. I dont go to church as an adult and haveny yet had my child christened although he is 8 because I want him to choose what he believes. I believe in many parts of the Bible as far as Moses, Jesus etc but I think the Adam and Eve stuff and a lot of other things were just a simplistic way to describe how life started and how events linked together. Therefore I also believe there were dinosaurs and many of the scientific theories but I just believe God was the creator!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

Then you admit that the bible is incorrect? But believe it regardless? That's cool, it just seems to kind of smash the bibles reliability and you don't come back from that.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I believe in the total Destruction of Earth and It's Re-creation.

That is my belief as well.

"Earths Earliest Ages" by Pember is a good read on the subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My thoughts on Dinosaurs?

Once fossils were found, I'm surprised religion was allowed to.

Some people here can't see the correlation, but I would suggest it is massive.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's kind of making excuses for a book christians claim inerrant. Not to be rude, it's just not told to moses by god, or anyone. It's from the minds of men who didn't know about the dinosaurs. God wouldn't forget millions of years worth of detail and lie about creation.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thread here

Dinosaurs were also alive on earth during the first earth age.

Also, observe 'behemoth' = 'dinosaurs (and brontosaurs)' in Job 40:15-17 He moveth his tale like a cedar:...............They lived in the first earth age, long before we became men in flesh. We existed but in a celestial body. The earth's axis was 'straight up' at that time. When God destroyed the first earth age at the katabole, God moved the axis to a leaning position. The temperature fell drastically, where the dinosaurs were, because of it, and they became deep frozen in a hurry. The geographical poles are today 90 miles off the magnetic poles for this reason, and we have ice in the polar areas, and we have changes of seasons in this earth age. The scientists' (who dug the dinosaurs up from the tundra) dogs could eat the flesh of the dinosaurs after cooking it, so well was the meat preserved in the frozen tundra. When the dinosaurs lived on the tundra, in the first earth age, the climate was much warmer on that latitude. There was no ice. Therefore they found buttercups in the dinosaurs' mouths. There could be additional reasons for the dramatic fall of temperature at the katabole. For example, if a big meteor plunged into the earth, a lot of dust and more would have been stirred up, and would have prohibited the rays from the sun to reach the earth for a while.

Cedar of Lebanon That's a pretty big creature with a tail like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join