It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a First Earth Age in the Bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There was a First Earth Age called the Katabole ( Greek meaning Overthrow ) and it was overthrown by God Himself because of Satan's Rebellion.

Are You Lied To About The Bible? How About Three World Ages?

Peter is in his 2:nd epistle saying in chapter 3:

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old (Gr. Ekpalai = in time past through the idea of retrocession, to cede or give back territory, again, ancient), and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was ( 1:st world age) , being overflowed with water, perished:

There were cities in that first earth age, which are now underwater along the coastlines around the world.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

The hills didn't move and the mountains didn't tremble at Noah's flood. They were only covered with water, so this is not Noah's flood but the katabole.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

There were birds and men left at Noah's flood; on the ark, Noah himself for example; cp. Gen 8:11.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was (Hebr. 'hayah' = 'became', in this case) a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger.

Yes, there were cities in the first earth age. Cities were not broken down at Noah's flood. They were just covered with water a few months.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, 'The whole land shall be desolate: yet will I not make a full end.

Let us go to Jer 4:

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was (Hebr. 'hayah' = 'became', in this case) without form, and void (tuhu va bohu) ; and the heavens, and they had no light. See now what happened after this, Gen 1:2 ......and darkness was upon the face of the deep and Gen 1:3 And God said, 'Let there be light':...........).

Dinosaurs were also alive on earth during the first earth age.

Also, observe 'behemoth' = 'dinosaurs (and brontosaurs)' in Job 40:15-17 He moveth his tale like a cedar:...............They lived in the first earth age, long before we became men in flesh. We existed but in a celestial body. The earth's axis was 'straight up' at that time. When God destroyed the first earth age at the katabole, God moved the axis to a leaning position. The temperature fell drastically, where the dinosaurs were, because of it, and they became deep frozen in a hurry. The geographical poles are today 90 miles off the magnetic poles for this reason, and we have ice in the polar areas, and we have changes of seasons in this earth age. The scientists' (who dug the dinosaurs up from the tundra) dogs could eat the flesh of the dinosaurs after cooking it, so well was the meat preserved in the frozen tundra. When the dinosaurs lived on the tundra, in the first earth age, the climate was much warmer on that latitude. There was no ice. Therefore they found buttercups in the dinosaurs' mouths. There could be additional reasons for the dramatic fall of temperature at the katabole. For example, if a big meteor plunged into the earth, a lot of dust and more would have been stirred up, and would have prohibited the rays from the sun to reach the earth for a while.

Cedar of Lebanon That's a pretty big creature with a tail like that.

God didn't form the earth 'without form and void', 'tohu va bohu' in the Hebrew. It became 'tohu va bohu' at Satan's overthrow = the 'katabole' in the first earth age, Ez 28.

Gen 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

That was millions of years ago. Science has proved that enough, so it is true.

Yeah, I love the earth is only 6,000 years old stuff...hahaha.

edit on 7-3-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People who take everything PRE-Mosses in the bible as Literal fact, have a large misunderstanding of the bible in and of itself. There are real reasons to take it as a parable before that point.

Reasons that go into deeper theology in general that most of Christianity tends to be ignorant on.

It certainly does seem to be a purposefully obscured topic though in most churches, they gloss over the reasons its most likely parable in favor of harping on the literal meaning.

Somethings to ponder, and that differ depending on who you ask like; Who is the angel of the lord, Moses wrote the first books of the bible AFTER the exodus (not first hand account), Who did Cain marry and what was their description (matches Jewish view of the gentile)

SO really, Moses was told what he needed to know, no more, no less, which if you focus on the message not whats left out of the parable, matters, (as with many other examples of parables in the bible where the meaning was more important than what was litterally said).

With that sad, there most certainly could of been a long period of history just not mentioned, as it wasn't important, Even the book of Enoch has a strong argument for Cannon yet is excluded.

There are verses that certainly make it seem like ALOT more went on PRE-flood than was ever recorded and written about.

eta:

Thought of another example, By not focusing on the Jewish origin of these verses we forget somethings like HOW the Jews viewed the gentiles. Often described as clay for the fires of hell, SO God separating Adam from the "Dirt" of the earth can have other meanings, as Adam is the direct line and origin of the JEWISH race.

But if people are stuck on 6000 years ...
edit on 7-3-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

I agree with most of what you say. Before man was created and the Earth was restored in 6 days, Angels lived on Earth as a civilization. The same probably goes for the other planets, just look at the Cydodian ruins on Mars.

Stars and flags for you my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
An interesting read to say the least. I can see were you are coming from and agree to some extent. Being no religious type I have always looked on the bible as some spirit in the sky type mumbo jumbo. Thanks for getting me to think about it and things differently. I stil dont believe in the spirit in the sky an lean more towards a type of Anunaki/Alien.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

With that sad, there most certainly could of been a long period of history just not mentioned, as it wasn't important, Even the book of Enoch has a strong argument for Cannon yet is excluded. There are verses that certainly make it seem like ALOT more went on PRE-flood than was ever recorded and written about.

Exactly ! There were two floods. This is not Noah's Flood. No-one survived the first one, not even birds.

Never thought about the Jews as you stated. Interesting.

Who did Cain marry and what was their description (matches Jewish view of the gentile)

Those of the 6th day creation.

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by DaphneApollo

I agree with most of what you say. Before man was created and the Earth was restored in 6 days, Angels lived on Earth as a civilization. The same probably goes for the other planets, just look at the Cydodian ruins on Mars.

Stars and flags for you my friend.

I wouldn't doubt the Mars connection either. Angels did live on earth as a civilization according to this First Earth Age information. Thanks.

Mission To Mars Alien Scene
This scene made me think deeply too. Only first few minutes.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Unfortunately, due to the lack of quality in-depth teaching of God's written Word, many Christians have been led into confusion regarding foundational truths that are so very important to our understanding of the whole of God's Word and His plan. There is a plan and a "theme" to the Bible and it flows from Genesis through Revelation. But how can we understand the ending of God's plan (Revelation) if we don't fully understand the beginning (Genesis)? Today we will study several key scriptures in the Bible that many of us have just read over without fully understanding the deeper truths that were contained within them. Understanding these key fundamental truths is vital to understanding the whole of God's Word. But due to the false teachings and the half truths that we have been exposed to our entire life, often we must first unlearn the untruths, before we can learn the truths of God's most Perfect Word, The Bible.

This present topic (the beginning) is so very important because it will shatter a myth that has caused many intelligent well intentioned souls to disregard the Bible because they feel that the Bible goes against good, hard scientific fact; although in reality, nothing could actually be further from the truth.

You may have been told at some point by some of the unlearned within the 'religious community' that this earth is only six-thousand years old because of the fact that it is when God formed Adam in the Garden of Eden (4004 BC). And then you go to a museum and see entire skeletal remains of dinosaurs that have been Potassium-Argon dated to millions of years old!

Carbon 14 and Potassium-Argon dating are reported by Scientists to be quite accurate, although great care must be used in the testing of the specimen for results to be accurate. But it is only through God's perfect laws of nature and the very science that He gave us to explore and harness; that we are even able to date these items at all. Carbon 14 and Potassium-Argon dating calculate the deterioration or transformation of certain elements. These elements deteriorate or transform at a constant rate and thus allow us to determine the age that a certain organic specimen was alive.

The discovery of dinosaur remains that are dated to millions of years old does not go against the truths that God has placed in the Bible for us. In fact, it is scientific discoveries such as that which bears witness to His truths when we competently look at them! It was God that created the science, He created the elements and the laws of nature. It is a gift of God that chemicals and molecules act and deteriorate in a constant fashion, and that we have this scientific means of documenting the past of our planet earth.

WHEN WAS THE BEGINNING?
More info found here ^

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I understand you completely. I'm not religious either.

But, I do want to know the secrets and sometimes they are buried within religious His-Story books.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Never understood the 6000 year old year thing. People say it's that number is work out from the book. The fist verse in the Bible says god created the heavens and earth. Could have been 14 billion years or a day. Who knows

new topics

top topics

join