a reply to: Rasalghul
You’re right! The word ‘antichrist’ is not used in Revelation.
It is a catch-all phrase, to describe the one who is opposite the Saviour.
1. The useless shepherd (Zechariah 11:17) vs the good shepherd (John 10:11 & 14)
2. The man of sin (Thessalonians 2:3) vs the man without sin (Hebrews 4:15)
3. The son of perdition [destruction] (John 17:12; Thessalonians 2:3) vs the son who saves the world (1 John 4:14)
4. God the Son [sic] (2 Thessalonians 2:4) vs Son of God (Mark 1:1; Luke 4:41; etc.)
5. Worshiped as God (2 Thessalonians 2:4) vs worships God (Revelation 19:10; John 20:17)
6. King (Revelation 13:2; 17:10) vs Servant (Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:26)
7. Lawless one (2 Thessalonians 2:8) vs Law-Keeper (Matthew 5:18 & 19)
There are links between these characters listed on the left of the list above, that prove they are one and the same person; ditto the qualities on the
right. Also, ‘Beast’ can best be understood as someone we would call a ‘monster’, such as Hitler. It doesn’t mean they are not human and/or
don’t appear human.
The Little Horn of Daniel 7:8 has much in common with the Beast from the Sea of Revelation 13:2: reigning for time, times and half a time (three and a
half ‘prophetic’ years) with is exactly 42 months. The 3 ½ years of the Little Horn’s reign ties it into the character spoken of in Daniel 12:7
who ‘breaks into pieces, the power of the holy people’
, which in turn, ties it back to the Beast from the Sea of Revelation 13:7, who
‘is given the power to make war with the Saints and to overcome them’
All of the differences listed above, delineate the differences between Jesus Christ, worshipped as God, second person of the Trinity, on Sunday and at
Eater and Christmas, etc. and Yeshua, 'kosher' 'Jewish' High Priest, Son/Lamb/Word of God, leading his followers in worship of God the Father, on the
Sabbath and other Biblically prescribed festivals, etc.
These are the false beliefs about Jesus Christ that don't come from directly or specifically the Scriptures that people need to apostatise from
(Thessalonians 2:3), to identify the false Christ.
That means the 'spirit' of the Antichrist spoken of in 1 John has been around since those times, but in the last hour, he will appear in person [aka
Judas Iscariot - who was alive, is not, yet shall be present]. This is what will divide the world into two camps... even between family members.
The False Prophet will get people to make images of this Beast, so he will be visible globally!
Oh, and that means the mark of the Beast is the cross, which is also used globally.
edit on 15/4/2016 by Maigret because: Correction