It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who exactly is the anti christ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You asked me my point. I told you. The term anti-christ is erroneous when applied to end times prophecy (if you care about biblical correctness). There have been millions of people who were and people who are, against christ. Or, anti-christ. It's not mystical they are people.

Have we reached a point when cool words take precedence over reality, truth and correctness in scriptural matters?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

You asked me my point. I told you. The term anti-christ is erroneous when applied to end times prophecy (if you care about biblical correctness). There have been millions of people who were and people who are, against christ. Or, anti-christ. It's not mystical they are people. Have we reached a point when cool words take precedence over reality, truth and correctness in scriptural matters?

I am not a biblical scholar (not a theologian). My interest is more in the Gnostic or Arcane Teachings.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ok. Gnosis and Wisdom/Sophia and the principles of, do not allow for such amateur errors. Word substitution is not tolerable. Especially just for the sake of convenience.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ok. Gnosis and Wisdom/Sophia and the principles of, do not allow for such amateur errors. Word substitution is not tolerable. Especially just for the sake of convenience.

??!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Exactly! People's so called common sense have caused the total corruption of the bible in the first place. I'm am agnostic by the way. But these proposed Christians like to "buffet" the bible, I like to say. They take some things on their plate and believe and leave others ideas and scriptures out at their leisure. Funny how the anti Christ and the apocalypse are 2 Christian favorites which are wildly misinterpreted.

Why don't true Christians start by trying to obey the 10 commandments. Breaking any one of them is like breaking them all. Stop lying, coveting, judging...its all just as bad as murder in the eyes of God. Lol. Start there and work your way up to the apocalypse.
edit on 16-2-2016 by jazzy4 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

A Gnostic would never call the beast the antichrist, it's incorrect. It doesn't show wisdom.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

A Gnostic would never call the beast the antichrist, it's incorrect. It doesn't show wisdom.

I do not recognize a functioning/influential "beast" at all.
edit on 16-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
andreaslovesthelord.com...

Prince William may be a good bet!...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I do not recognize a functioning/influential "beast" at all.

Revelation does, and doesn't mention the antichrists.

No such thing as the Antichrist.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Rasalghul: A Gnostic would never call the beast the antichrist, it's incorrect. It doesn't show wisdom.

vhb: I do not recognize a functioning/influential "beast" at all.

Rasalghul: Revelation does, and doesn't mention the antichrists. No such thing as the Antichrist.

Potentially flawed argument with the wrong person (you mistake my identity).
edit on 17-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

You’re right! The word ‘antichrist’ is not used in Revelation.
It is a catch-all phrase, to describe the one who is opposite the Saviour.
For instance:
1. The useless shepherd (Zechariah 11:17) vs the good shepherd (John 10:11 & 14)
2. The man of sin (Thessalonians 2:3) vs the man without sin (Hebrews 4:15)
3. The son of perdition [destruction] (John 17:12; Thessalonians 2:3) vs the son who saves the world (1 John 4:14)
4. God the Son [sic] (2 Thessalonians 2:4) vs Son of God (Mark 1:1; Luke 4:41; etc.)
5. Worshiped as God (2 Thessalonians 2:4) vs worships God (Revelation 19:10; John 20:17)
6. King (Revelation 13:2; 17:10) vs Servant (Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:26)
7. Lawless one (2 Thessalonians 2:8) vs Law-Keeper (Matthew 5:18 & 19)
There are links between these characters listed on the left of the list above, that prove they are one and the same person; ditto the qualities on the right. Also, ‘Beast’ can best be understood as someone we would call a ‘monster’, such as Hitler. It doesn’t mean they are not human and/or don’t appear human.
The Little Horn of Daniel 7:8 has much in common with the Beast from the Sea of Revelation 13:2: reigning for time, times and half a time (three and a half ‘prophetic’ years) with is exactly 42 months. The 3 ½ years of the Little Horn’s reign ties it into the character spoken of in Daniel 12:7 who ‘breaks into pieces, the power of the holy people’, which in turn, ties it back to the Beast from the Sea of Revelation 13:7, who ‘is given the power to make war with the Saints and to overcome them’.
All of the differences listed above, delineate the differences between Jesus Christ, worshipped as God, second person of the Trinity, on Sunday and at Eater and Christmas, etc. and Yeshua, 'kosher' 'Jewish' High Priest, Son/Lamb/Word of God, leading his followers in worship of God the Father, on the Sabbath and other Biblically prescribed festivals, etc.
These are the false beliefs about Jesus Christ that don't come from directly or specifically the Scriptures that people need to apostatise from (Thessalonians 2:3), to identify the false Christ.
That means the 'spirit' of the Antichrist spoken of in 1 John has been around since those times, but in the last hour, he will appear in person [aka Judas Iscariot - who was alive, is not, yet shall be present]. This is what will divide the world into two camps... even between family members.
The False Prophet will get people to make images of this Beast, so he will be visible globally!
Oh, and that means the mark of the Beast is the cross, which is also used globally.

edit on 15/4/2016 by Maigret because: Correction

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join