It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who exactly is the anti christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAlex
The same line of reasoning would show Obama to be the Son of Man, who will appear "as the LIGHTNING comes from the east and shines as far as the west", before gathering up the saints (Matthew ch24 v27).
You may be better off giving up that obsession about a man who retires from office within twelve months.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
We know that the second coming of our Lord is preceeded by the anti Christ, who will establish an evil kingdom upon the earth.

originally posted by: donktheclown
We do? I disagree. No such event will ever take place.
The event takes place in the hearts and minds of the indoctrinated all the time.

Those are fear based thoughts that only you and people like you will experience, unfortunately. You experience those things because you want to.
I agree with you here and is the point in my reply above. It truly saddens my heart to learn that so much fear and hate is being preached to so many all under the guise of religion.

If at some point you no longer wish to continue with negativity, you can change to views of positivity and you will realize more and more positive aspects that you've been recently overlooking.
Unfortunately the ones that need to hear this the most will only see it as being against their idea of religion. How ironic it is that positive words of Love, patience and tolerance are likely to be viewed with such contention to those who claim to be followers of Christ.

edit on 2/6/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Before he retires the chair he will start the big boom and all nation will be against the Israel. Remember my words.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Over decades every president has been foretold to be the anti Christ.

You've been looking the wrong place! All this time he's been at the Vatican!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sorry. He's not charismatic enough, either.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

We know that the second coming of our Lord is preceeded by the anti Christ
You say we know this but my question is how do you know this to be the fact of the matter ? I ask because there seems to be believers killed by the Anti-Christ . I would hardly think my Lord would just stand around physically in the middle of His group and not do something .

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Hhmmm..... If you need to ask, it might be you.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Isn't the anti-Christ mentioned as a group not a specific person? Even if we were to go by the definition you put forth,that still brings me to conclude that anyone who opposes christian doctrine and Jesus as the son of god would be classified as 'anti-Christ'.

And still this anti-Christ fellow doesn't sound that bad, he or she is supposedly going to establish world peace for several years. I mean come on who can even argue with that, mankind has been striving for that since we've started beating each other over the head with clubs.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

And still this anti-Christ fellow doesn't sound that bad, he or she is supposedly going to establish world peace for several years
I don't think it is possible to determine that from the text .rumour mill maybe ,interpretation maybe .text , very un-likely . He will confirm a covenant but after a 3 1/2 year period will break it . It might be that the covenant he confirms is from the Mosaic law and has to deal with the temple and the sacrificial system because it is mention that that is stopped half way through the 7 year period .

Its also mentions that he will conquer Israelis enemy's and it is said that no one is able to make war with him .Doesn't sound like a peace deal . He causes all great and small to worship the beast . A gun to the head of someone can make them do things they might not do other wise .
edit on 6-2-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"So who exactly is the anti christ?"

Count Chocula.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My mother-in-law.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Do a search for the 1 trillion times this has been covered on ATS. It is nonsense.

edit on 6-2-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
.............. Now as foretold elsewhere is the false prophet hadid who is to come will be the anti Christ. We know that the second coming of our Lord is preceeded by the anti Christ, who will establish an evil kingdom upon the earth. So according to you who will be the anti Christ?

John wrote the word antichrist in his letters .It is never used in the book of Revelation or any of the other books.The word antichrist means in place of (anti) the anointing( christ).It has NOTHING to do with a person or an entity who will “rule the world” and bring about it’s end.However it is about a group of people.John said there were many of them that had already had come and they were deceivers.Yahoshua said the same thing to his disciples when he warned them:

“Do not be deceived. For many will come in my name and say they are christ and deceive many”.

Contrary to immense popular fallacious belief Yahoshua did NOT come to start a “new” religion he came to destroy it because it is the corruption(sin) of mans nature.It was symbolized as the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.This bad fruit as Yahoshua frequently called it has been gorged on by billions of people for the history of man and is at it’s pinnacle of rotten fruit right now.

The Good news is ALL of mankind “will” be delivered from their scourge however the downside is they must die.The word Yahoshua(which Christianity bastardized into Jesus) means Yahweh(the creator God) is deliverance/salvation. Yahuoshua said this deliverance was from Hades(in Hebrew it is the word Sheol).Hades(and Sheol) mean the grave(the realm of death) the realm of imperception(perception of religion).

Yahoshua consistently said Yahoshua(Yahwehs deliverance) came to deliver/save ALL of creation from Hades.He never said anyone would be infinitely “punished” in Hell.That is so incongruent with his name it is implausible which is mostly only realized by those that don’t believe in Jesus.

The bottom line is…there is only one “group of many people” that say they come in Jesus name and are christ..Christianity.However they cannot know they are antichrist because they are deceived and deceivers.
edit on 6-2-2016 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

I think it may have been rhetoric like yours that got some of the early Christians thrown to the lions . even the Jews would get the crowds all worked up against the early church .

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Apocalypse is the English transliteration of the Latin Apoclytus, a Latin transliteration of the Koine Greek apokalupsis, translated into English is Revelation.

When people use the word Apocalypse today they give it the meaning of "the End of all things" but that is an error.

Just an FYI I thought I would throw out there.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't think the anti-Christ is a literal person, but rather a metaphor for a certain type of individual the people need to be careful to look out for.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Beast, man of lawlessness, man of sin is a person the same as the false prophet.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Very important to realize that what the anti-Christ could be is also important to realize what the anti-christ can not be .Its about process of elimination as well as identification . Its a person .(because he takes a place on a thrown in the temple) . It or he might be better determined by who or what he is not then who or what he is .....just sayin

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

He's going to perform miracles as you've never seen before and You will believe, and fall in his trap ( Satan )

This is basically the trap Christians have already fallen into in my opinion. The resurrection is a miracle that they have never seen before, yet they believe without question.

Christians are in the same boat as every other religious dogma, they are all works of Satan masquerading as an angel of light.

Christians believe the antichrist is yet to come but they are already part of his system. Belief without proof is the go to strategy for Satan to trap people. What better way is there?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join