It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders Verses Trump, Lets Do This!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Da Burn, will taxes go up yes it will, but the savings in healthcare cost is huge..so hell yeah.
How Bernie pays for his proposals
berniesanders.com...
If you are happy with the way things are from the time of G.W to date then go with one of the other guys, I think Trump is Cray and tends to bring out the worst in people although he may very well shake things up.

link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Surely it can't be that difficult to have legislation specifically target businesses of a certain size. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to help small business & hurt the Corporatocracy at the same time.

link   
This is my problem with Bernie's solutions.

We all agree that cronyism is a huge problem and think businesses should engage in honest competition again which would benefit all of them, including the small.

What we have is like a competition between teams where the referees are open to being bought and colluding with one team or the other to sway the game. Crony refereeism if you will. If Bernie were asked to fix this, he would look it over and decide that it's all the teams' fault and give the referees even more power over how the game is played by giving them more power to punish the teams. This would not solve anything as it makes the referees even more powerful pawns to buy and have in your back pocket.

The other solution is to weaken the power of the referees so that buying them is next to useless and teams have to once again rely on their actual skill and talent to win.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

Surely it can't be that difficult to have legislation specifically target businesses of a certain size. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to help small business & hurt the Corporatocracy at the same time.

If all are to be equal before the law, then it is. Not to mention, Obamacare does make provisions for businesses of different sizes and it stifles growth. Businesses refuse to grow to stay under certain thresholds because to grow is actively punished by the law.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
President Sanders?
Wouldn't it just be quicker to Nuke ourselves now?

It would be less cruel, that's for sure.

I go with Trump, why not?

He's got more practical experience in the real world.
So what if he bypassed the lemonade stand and went straight to real estate.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Like I said, they absorb or they avoid. If they can't take the hit, they move. When they move, they take their money and jobs with them.

Bernie's ideas worked in the 50's and early 60's when there was just the USA as the only large, stable economy. The rest of the world was still rebuilding. We live in a global economy. We have to compete against the rest of the planet now.

Trying to 'hurt' a business is childish. When you were a kid, did you hang out with bullies that beat you up, or did you take your stuff and go elsewhere? This isn't rocket science. We need to lower our corporate tax rate, lower capitol gains, and bring our own companies back and attract more businesses from the rest of the planet.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

We need to lower our corporate tax rate, lower capitol gains, and bring our own companies backand attract more businesses from the rest of the planet.

I think the future of small business is franchise. I think the franchise concept needs to be expanded to give individuality --- while buying stock from the corporate host.

People today are transient. They don't show loyalty to the local mart/shops. But, people like familiarity. If they find familiar stores in their new location, they're more likely to shop there.

Plus, who can compete with Amazon and other warehouses?

You can fight it or understand it.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

Pay more taxes, have bigger government.

Yeah, um. . . what's the upside to Sanders?

The upside of Sanders would be a Republican congress where he can't pass much of anything while bringing awareness to the amount of money in politics. The single most important thing that needs to happen is changing the lobbyists and campaign financing of the country.

Most likely Sanders won't be able to pass anything so don't worry about that.

Trump however, would be a disaster to foreign policy and out allies. He would make the US look like something out of idiocracy.

True, sanders would be useless as potus. So it's a no brainer to NOT vote for him.

Is our status so great now on the world stage, that people worry about what our allies think Trump would ruin?

What is there to ruin? What foreign policy?
I see appeasement and blunders and blame.

What foreign policy has this admin been successful at?
Americans were being laughed at for the last 7yrs.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I keep hearing about this "Capitalism". I wish the U.S. would give it a shot...

Sounds like it would be cool

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

we cant compete with companies that outsource because they pay their employees dirt. you're missing the issue when it comes to competition, when third world countries start paying their people as much as first world countries, thats when the global economy will be a leveled playing field.

the solution is not to make first world countries into 3rd world countries, but the opposite. lowering OUR taxes isnt going to raise foreign wages, so no matter how much you cut corporate tax we will never be able to compete with cheap labor. your argument is essentially a strawman.

what Sanders is proposing is an estate tax, which addresses this.

the solution to attract more businesses to american labor is to raise foreign labor out of exploitaiton. not lower the american standard of living into poverty, not cut corporate tax.

edit on 5-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

we cant compete with companies that outsource because they pay their employees dirt. you're missing the issue when it comes to competition, when third world countries start paying their people as much as first world countries, thats when the global economy will be a leveled playing field.

the solution is not to make first world countries into 3rd world countries, but the opposite. lowering OUR taxes isnt going to raise foreign wages, so no matter how much you cut corporate tax we will never be able to compete with cheap labor. your argument is essentially a strawman.

what Sanders is proposing is an estate tax, which addresses this.

the solution to attract more businesses to american labor is to raise foreign labor out of exploitaiton. not lower the american standard of living into poverty, not cut corporate tax.

If I didn't know any better about you Rainbows and Unicorns Bernie supporters on ATS, and just read your post as is. ..I would swear that you were suffering from a mental condition that involves strong delusional tendencies.

You guys are completely wacked. Off the reservation nutsos. I'm not kidding

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Watching the last Trump rally scared me.

Watching Sanders supporters type on ATS is even SCARIER.

What have we become?

This country is completely FARKED
edit on 5-2-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

People supporting the corporate/bank run status quot scare me.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

are you going to insult or actually point out the flaws in my logic? because you're coming off as an ignorant ass right about now.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

People supporting the corporate/bank run status quot scare me.

"Corporate/bank run status quot"

What the hell does that even MEAN?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

are you going to insult or actually point out the flaws in my logic? because you're coming off as an ignorant ass right about now.

Your lot is insane. I've delved into numerous threads about Bernie and his policies here on ATS, almost written entire books.

I've come to the conclusion that you Bernie folks are suffering severe delusions and beyond any reconciliation which includes your collective appalling ignorance of economics.

I.E. you guys are hopeless dupes

We're screwed

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

i dont give a damn what you've done or who you are, when you reply to me you talk about my points or avoid them like you're doing now. but if insults are all you can bring our discussion, you will be left standing as an example.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It's Americans duty to "raise the third world to a level" where they can compete with American workers.....to stifle American outsourcing.

Brilliant. Just.....brilliant.

Amazing stuff there.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

did i say it was america's duty? no

its the Chinese's duty of course. you create a strawman then throw your insults. nice job.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

i dont give a damn what you've done or who you are, when you reply to me you talk about my points or avoid them like you're doing now. but if insults are all you can bring our discussion, you will be left standing as an example.

Your logic is insanity. How can I "debate" someone who has thrown reason out the window and is almost completely ignorant of Economics 101.?

Outsourcing will be stemmed by Americans stepping up and growing the third world to a position equal to us?

Dude....really???

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join