It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders Verses Trump, Lets Do This!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So I you expect me to magically produce a super candy bar so high in quality it'll be miraculously worth them paying me a living wage rather than having some child slave make a non magical non miraculous candy bar to not make his back look like a wall after a 50 year prison sentence instead of cold hard cash?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: vjr1113

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Puppylove

There's no way to for american workers to compete with slave labor and sweat shops. Obviously there needs to be a deterrent against such practices that's enforceable. Is silly to pretend like we can both allow for things like slavery and sweatshops to exist in other countries then pretend like we can compete with workers being paid with whip lashes or next to nothing.

Yes, there is. It's called quality product at a competitive price. It's created by making it possible for businesses to have more advantage in hiring Americans and keeping their revenues in America.

thats why walmart is one of the largest companies in the world right?

What's wrong with Walmart?

I mean their crap sucks, but what's "wrong" with them? Are they "evil"?

Why does their 'crap suck'? You can get good merchandise at competitive prices. That's why they are successful. The only reason I avoid it is because of the clientele that frequents the stores in my area, not the contents themselves.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately, without Walmart and inexpensive outlets like it, most people would have gone hungry due to the rising costs and other outlets that charge 3X time amount walmart does.

Why are they closing them?

I know why..

Someone wants a Controlled War.
edit on 2/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

link   

so cheap foreign labor is the US government's fault? maybe, but its the foreign countries' fault really.

youre making strawmen again, i said its up to foreign countries to level the playing field, its not out job, its theirs. the exploited have to stand up for themselves. to think chinese labor is not exploitation is delusional.
edit on 6-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

link   

So I you expect me to magically produce a super candy bar so high in quality it'll be miraculously worth them paying me a living wage rather than having some child slave make a non magical non miraculous candy bar to not make his back look like a wall after a 50 year prison sentence instead of cold hard cash?

Why don't you try and find out? At the very least you might learn something.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

well there you go ladies and gents. its a difficult goal, so forget the pursuit of happiness just exploit and screw everyone else. all that matters is how big the oil tycoons' yacht can get. its a good thing you aren't running for president.

let the Trump supporters stand as an example.

It only ends up as exploitation and screwing people over in the minds of people with no grasp of economics. Or in other words, Bernie supporters.

Government has screwed things up, so by all means give government more power to fix what it broke. Makes perfect sense.

So a future where corporate rule is the answer??..every movie I had seen tell me it's a bad idea. ..corporations are not moral they are by necessity A moral where the end game is the bottom line, human factor be damned, laissez-faire capitalism was bad during the industrial revolution then it would be worst now.
edit on 6-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

my point is it doesn't matter how much we cut corporate tax, cheap foreign labor leads to outsourcing, leads to less US jobs, leads to foreign workforce exploitation.

you could have zero corporate tax doesnt matter, as long as the labor is cheaper in other countries, there is no way the american workforce can compete.

link   

Make jokes all you want but I'm serious. We already allow them to set up shop in countries where they have zero taxes even though they're actually doing their primary business here. How can we go lower than zero??? Should we just start paying them??? I'd hate to work all week for the pleasure of paying my boss on payday. But that is what it takes to offer a better deal then they are already getting.

If they already have access to workers working for pennies on the dollar and can claim their company actually is based out of some tax shelter while still doing business here I don't know how you think we can sweeten the deal any more for them other than bribing them.

link   

so cheap foreign labor is the US government's fault? maybe, but its the foreign countries fault really.

youre making strawmen again, i said its up to foreign countries to level the playing field, its not out job, its theirs. the exploited have to stand up for themselves. to think chinese labor is not exploitation is delusional.

Companies tapping into cheap foreign labor can be partially/mostly laid on the shoulders of government, yes.

Ever wonder why companies see a better profit in pulling up stakes in America, moving assets to a foreign nation, overcoming language barriers, training a uneducated mass of humans, shipping raw materials to this nation, paying those tariffs, shipping finished product out, and paying tariffs in America?

They don't do it because it feels good. It's because America has become less friendly to do business in. And that's not because of Big Oil, evil Kochs, or other liberal boogey men.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Make jokes all you want but I'm serious. We already allow them to set up shop in countries where they have zero taxes even though they're actually doing their primary business here. How can we go lower than zero??? Should we just start paying them??? I'd hate to work all week for the pleasure of paying my boss on payday. But that is what it takes to offer a better deal then they are already getting.

If they already have access to workers working for pennies on the dollar and can claim their company actually is based out of some tax shelter while still doing business here I don't know how you think we can sweeten the deal any more for them other than bribing them.

Please list the nations with zero taxes.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

well there you go ladies and gents. its a difficult goal, so forget the pursuit of happiness just exploit and screw everyone else. all that matters is how big the oil tycoons' yacht can get. its a good thing you aren't running for president.

It only ends up as exploitation and screwing people over in the minds of people with no grasp of economics. Or in other words, Bernie supporters.

Government has screwed things up, so by all means give government more power to fix what it broke. Makes perfect sense.

So a future where corporate rule is the answer??..every movie I had seen tell me it's a bad idea. ..corporations are not moral they are by necessity A moral where the end game is the bottom line, human factor be damned, laissez-faire capitalism was bad during the industrial revolution then it would be worst now.

Why is it some people think that the only option to government regulations is total anarchy? When you have a bloated bureaucracy you don't have to just kill it. You put it on a diet and start reductions. There is a happy medium, it's not all or nothing.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

my point is it doesn't matter how much we cut corporate tax, cheap foreign labor leads to outsourcing, leads to less US jobs, leads to foreign workforce exploitation.

you could have zero corporate tax doesnt matter, as long as the labor is cheaper in other countries, there is no way the american workforce can compete.

Wrong. There is a balance between wages, skilled labor, and advantageous economic landscape. The problem is that is requires a willingness to stop meddling and seeking the utopian pipe dream of equality of outcome. It requires treating people like adults who can make their own decisions, take their own risks, and face the possibility of failure.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Not zero taxes overall but very low or no corporate taxes.

Andorra, the Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Channel Islands, the Cook Islands, Hong Kong, the Isle of Man, Mauritius, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Panama, Switzerland and St. Kitts and Nevis are all considered tax havens.

Google it.

link   
And with that, good night all.

link   

Why is it some people think that the only option to government regulations is total anarchy? When you have a bloated bureaucracy you don't have to just kill it. You put it on a diet and start reductions. There is a happy medium, it's not all or nothing.

Hence I recommend unions as one of the answers, Gov need to play their part providing they are not corrupted by cronyism from Corporate or Unions which can happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

There's no way to for american workers to compete with slave labor and sweat shops. Obviously there needs to be a deterrent against such practices that's enforceable. Is silly to pretend like we can both allow for things like slavery and sweatshops to exist in other countries then pretend like we can compete with workers being paid with whip lashes or next to nothing.

Yes, there is. It's called quality product at a competitive price. It's created by making it possible for businesses to have more advantage in hiring Americans and keeping their revenues in America.

thats why walmart is one of the largest companies in the world right?

What's wrong with Walmart?

I mean their crap sucks, but what's "wrong" with them? Are they "evil"?

Why does their 'crap suck'? You can get good merchandise at competitive prices. That's why they are successful. The only reason I avoid it is because of the clientele that frequents the stores in my area, not the contents themselves.

I was half way joking.

I agree with you actually. But their electronics sucks.

Most else is good stuff. A lot of brands. I actually deal with them a lot as I own a Wholesale/Retail business and have to compare pricing to theirs a lot and sometimes.....sometimes can flip their liquidated inventory.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Wrong. There is a balance between wages, skilled labor, and advantageous economic landscape. The problem is that is requires a willingness to stop meddling and seeking the utopian pipe dream of equality of outcome. It requires treating people like adults who can make their own decisions, take their own risks, and face the possibility of failure.

wow ok

the US shouldn't be manufacturing, we dont need jobs here...

your mindset is out of this world.

screw the working class, screw our economy, lets just exploit foreign countries

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

While we have an over TWENTY TRILLION dollar Federal Debt.

While cities are LYING to citizens about the amount of lead in drinking water.

But yeah, the "rich"...

Have you ever really pondered the vastness of TWENTY TRILLION?

edit on 6-2-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Unfortunately, without Walmart and inexpensive outlets like it, most people would have gone hungry due to the rising costs and other outlets that charge 3X time amount walmart does.

Why are they closing them?

I know why..

Someone wants a Controlled War.

Walmart stated wage increases and cost of doing business in some places, in their stock memos.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

maybe we should tax the trillionaires that are taking our economy for a rip, stockpiling wealth and outsourcing jobs, not investing in American jobs. our society let them make their money, lets tax them fairly. the american working class shouldn't have to pay for the bill. we need the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join