It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undisputed proof that demons do exist.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well done OP another person who ignore the fact that there are no demons but mental illness.
Way to go helping the stigma continue against the mentally ill.
Keep it up maybe next time say all mentally ill folk are possessed.
Booo!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Nah it's fine,no worries
Just really a very difficult and complicated situation with a naturally toxic person(ality) ,always has been,so that's why we go separate paths and both parties are the better off for it.Wish you a goodly day

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Monkeyguns

Er..yes..there Are demons. Or maybe the correct terminology is something completely different,point being there are discorporate entities who don't seem to have mankind's best interests at heart,and sometimes delights in bullying,tormenting and causing misery in general. Some of us have seen them,and heard them,and seen the effects of their influence. Just because you have not experienced anything to convince you differently,does not mean that there are Not discorporate entities that mean harm.I really wish it wasn't so,but myself and my husband,to name just 2 examples,have seen these beings and their works,my husband more so than me,as he is clairvoyant.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I have experience with people who think they are possessed but are just mentally ill.
They needed no exorcism just therapy and medication.
But do continue actually harming folk who are mentally ill by suggesting they are possessed....
Well done hope you are proud.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Of art? Oh myyyy..i am an artist and am happiest when creating,whether it's with my hands,as in paintings,decoupage,pewterwork,making clay beads+painting them,making cat ornaments,African style-dolls,or lately photography and digital art. I Have to create,it is almost a compulsion

That is one of the way i can tell when my lifelong major depressive disorder is getting to a bad stage,when i do not feel much like creating Some form of art on a daily basis.VERY interesting,thank you
!!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I don't see or hear any "undisputed proof".

I see what people are saying is proof.

I see people's interpretations of what they saw/heard.

I don't see any "undisputed proof" though.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Firstly,Of course there are cases where mentally ill people Think they are possessed. Secondly,there Are also negative discorporate entities. And i have witnessed mentally ill people too,none of whom happened to think they were possessed,which doesn't mean there are none of the type you mentioned. Even though i have not witnessed any of Those cases. Unlike you,i can believe in both scenarios,mental illness AND what one would call demons/negative entities. Chiefly because i and my husband have witnessed the latter,and not just on the occasion i spoke of in this thread.

And sorry,you are Not going to succeed in making me feel bad or guilty for having witnessed the latter,and speaking out about it.

And i have never suggested to Any person,that they are demon-possessed, whether they were mentally ill or otherwise,so idk even where you get That from???????

The existence of one scenario does not negate the possibility of the other scenario.Which seems to be your opinion,that only One of these scenarios can exist. Well i disagree.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Yes the mentally ill can think they are possessed I have seen them and helped them understand it is their mind attempting to put sense into their illness by using pop culture (possession) or Aliens for that matter) to understand where the voices are coming from.
I have seen possession exorcised by nothing more than therapy and anti psychotic medication.
But like I said keep on spreading the stigma against people who suffer from mental illness.
Heck maybe beat the demons out of them like they used to in the Asylum days...
Pfft.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I for one,am not spreading Any stigma about mental patients,i don't see why you find that hard to understand? 1) I pity mental patients,whether their affliction is imagined possession or any other mental disorder. 2) I have seen demons and negative entities,so have my husband(and all three of my children) So you're suggesting we are a family of whack-jobs?
I'm not even angry,i just find it kinda funny that you seem to be misunderstanding me on purpose. Because to be so obtuse about something so simple can only mean that you Want to keep on misunderstanding me.

And i'm not a jerk,my genuine sympathy if the imagined-possession disorder have caused you or any of your loved one's pain and suffering.

But this is the Last time i'm explaining a very simple concept to you.
Pfft

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You are right. It's easy to debunk something like this by bringing up mental illness. A bit like the people who do the same things to ufo sightings, but instead of saying mental illness, they say humans are bad witnesses (but only when it comes to UFOs)

While I believe that there are alot of things unexplained in this world. I 100% believe that God, as in religious God, is man made. Yes, the bible is man made, and that is so obvious to me.

Now, could these beings exist, and have nothing to do with God, Satan, angels and demons? Off course

We now know there are other dimensions, and of course beings could inhabit these places, and maybe they can slip through to our reality.

If people are seeing these beings, then that makes more sense than demons, angels etc

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I concur with everything you said,and said very well

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I wonder just what causes them to lash out? Or is it random.

I have seen shadow people, but they were harmless. Seemed to be anyway.

I have seen a very odd UFO. I will probably never know the nature of its existence, but I am now certain the phenomenon is real.

I have had sleep paralysis. Never seen a demon though. I'm thankful because I'm sure they are real. Along with a bunch of other unproven beings and aspects of reality.

Its all quite strange.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

My family and I had some trouble a while back. We rented a farmhouse from family (big mistake...never do that). Apparently one of the family was into Satanism or black magic or whatever weird oogity-boogity nonsense.

Everyone told me the place was haunted. At the time, I attended the Catholic Church and was Catholic in a very Fr. Robert Barron, intellectualizing sort of way. Having come of a stint of atheism, everything was allegory and religion was more a way of structuring life in an effort to reach out to the divine.

And then, that house.

I won't go into detail, but we were plagued by something. I wouldn't call it terrifying, even though is did kill animals, leave a handprint on my daughter, give me a nose bleed, and launch a small dresser....

It was more of a nuisance. Like a spiritual cockroach infestation. There were times it kind of shook me a but, mostly, once I caught on to what was happening, I dropped my rational faith for something a bit more mystical.

There are things out there, but I found they only have as much power as we give them. God has final say and dominion. I'm honestly more afraid of my weaknesses as a person than demons. But, I certainly wouldn't like to live that way again. They're just very nasty things and over time, annoying as hell if you'll excuse the pun.

Most people don't believe it, and I don't have any interest in whether people believe me or not. There's always the possibility some of it was brought on by some unknown toxin, etc, in the environment, I accept that.

Still, I do think there's a lot we don't know and there are things out there. My experience has pushed me towards the oldest form Christianity. My biggest fear is failure o that point. The struggle to control passions is the fight of a lifetime.

But yes, Virginia, while there may not be a Santa Claus, there are demons. And they're annoying. Very very very annoying to live with.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Where in my post did I say that this was proof of demons?
And proof of one thing is not proof of another. Is a tree proof of squirrels? Your OP reeked of "Told ya so". You made it about religion, not paranormal activity. I consider my own home to be haunted. I saw something in the hills of Eastern Ky as a teenager, that I have no explanation for to this day. I have experienced many strange things in my life, but I do not consider them proof of a deity.
edit on 4-2-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
We appear to be in the midst of a religious onslaught of people trying to explain their religion to us and bring in their irrational beliefs in daemons etc and its getting on my nerves.

Anyone who has worked with people with mental illnesses will tell you its quite true that someone can suddenly adopt a totally different voice and manner of speaking as a different personality surfaces from within them. Its a known medical phenomenon - not some daemon suddenly manifesting. Its also terrifying to see and experience if you are not trained to deal with it.

Please pack up your daemons and wake up to reality and if you are on the spread the faith to non believers trip give it a damn rest. The only ones you are fooling are yourselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Its not always like that. I understand there is a whole world of mental illnesses as well as various hallucinations brought on in many different ways.

I know there are a lot of people who for whatever reason, preoccupy themselves with other peoples beliefsbusiness. So busy trying to convert the lose themselves and become blind to the foolishness of it all.

What I have seen, I have no choice but to understand that there is something else to this reality, this will never change for me. I accept I may be crazy. I feel pretty sane and coherent though.

I am not a Christian, and have zero emotion invested regarding others beliefs.

I believe In demons, others do not. That's totally cool, many of us only talk about it on a thread specifically about demons, should be expected. the opposing opinion is valuable, but sometimes it seems there is equal motivation out there to ridicule others beliefs as there is to convert people. Same thing.

edit on 4-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
No one seemed to have noticed my offer to present an opportunity to witness paranormal manifestations yourself and even catch on your own camera.

You just need to take me to a haunted place of your choice late in the afternoon and setup your camera and even watch as long as you remain inconspicuous but be quick enough to rescue me if trouble develops.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
No one seemed to have noticed my offer to present an opportunity to witness paranormal manifestations yourself and even catch on your own camera.

You just need to take me to a haunted place of your choice late in the afternoon and setup your camera and even watch as long as you remain inconspicuous but be quick enough to rescue me if trouble develops.

Man johndeere!

Big waves aaaand. Ghost hunting!?

Not gonna mess with you since you clearly live for danger and fear.

Just kidding my friend!

And sorry for being OT

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm not in the conversion business. As I once told my priest with regard to the topic of a relative, converting people is above my pay grade and out of my jurisdiction.

On matters of faith and personal experience, we will never prove certain things. They aren't meant to be. For someone that doesn't believe, there will never be enough evidence. Ever. Period.

That's because proof isn't what it's about in the first place. The old believing is seeing idea. I see the world one way, you another.

The only real way to "convert" others isn't with stories of demons, it's by being loving and self-controlled. The sort that make people say, "I don't know what made that person like that, but wow, I want what he's having...that looks good!" But that's the hard way because it requires working on your own salvation and avoid loudly meddling in the affairs of others :-)

I do find the experiences of others interesting. Particularly similarities or differences between my experience with weirdness vis-a-vis the demonic and the experiences of others. I will say, there's a lot of common ground. I've laughed with my older son about some of this before. Our general consensus is that, what ever they are, they're pretty trite. Not very creative things.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well said!

The fourth paragraph made me give you a mental high five!

I love how conducting oneself as you describe has no religion, its universal, and the funny part is that way of not harboring judgment is what actually achieves what all religions are supposed to.

An atheist may happen to live by the ten commandments just because they are a good Person. Meanwhile a preacher is probably dwelling in hypocrisy. All the while there us a Buddhist who is just realizing he loves everybody. In my life the most admirable, kind, selfless, and talented people were "non-beljevers".

Personally, I believe In God, just not one who favors beliefs and labels over actions.

edit on 4-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join