It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website-Money goes to Trump not vets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is an incredibly cynical exploitation of veterans to score cheap political points. Even a lot of veterans are saying that. Not to mention the slut shaming he and his twitter mob are inflicting on Megyn Kelly. What a whiner.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It does look Strange, BUT .

However the article claims a possible reason for it being put under the Donald trump Fundation is to temporarily hold the funds till later time. Which is possible since they just registered the domain name.

While raising money through the Donald J. Trump Foundation to give to veterans may seem a bit odd, there's nothing unseemly about it. It allows Trump and his team to figure out where to direct the money without having to cobble something together over the short term

However the part that looks fishy is that the fundraiser looks like it got some big donations from the WWE and other private enterprises. I suppose the donald did something for them and instead of getting paid directly he asked them to make a donation to his foundation. Its not unheard off but still a bit strange.

[ats=300x300]https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?img.washingtonpost.com...&w=480[/ats ]
edit on 48131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 17:48:55 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

here is the website, I don't see where it says anything about the donations going to his foundation; please advise if I missed it,

www.donaldtrumpforvets.com...

Face it. The Trump haters are just gonna hate and find any excuse to be contrarian. It possibly couldn't be that any money from his foundation will go to the vets. You know, he needs money now to help fund his campaign since he isn't taking money from SuperPacs like every other campaign. I just hope he becomes POTUS so I can see these whiners cry for the next four years.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Not taking sides, but, I doubt Trump needs to steal from the vets

I agree with you most the time MBTM, but I don't know about this one

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's Trump's "Executive Order" changing the meaning of "Megan's Law".

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Not taking sides, but, I doubt Trump needs to steal from the vets

I agree with you most the time MBTM, but I don't know about this one

Too many eyes on this money.

Nothing short of 100% directly to our Vets will do.

Lots of valid Trump criticisms, this isn't one.

II will give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Unless I hear different.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

There's something fishy about Donald Trump's charitable donations

It's seems pretty sketchy.

Trump's foundation began in 1987 and exists to donate money to other charities.

It has no staff, and its annual IRS filings have regularly listed Trump's average time spent on it as "minimal" or zero hours a week. The foundation has given out $3.6 million between 2011 and 2013, the most recent year in which its finances are available.

The Charitable Bona Fides of Donald Trump

But we do know what the Trump Foundation does and where it gets its money. The Smoking Gun calls Trump a “miserly billionaire,” noting that the foundation’s 2010 990 shows that he has donated just $675,000 to his foundation in the past five years,including nothing in the past two years. In fact, the interesting aspect of the Trump Foundation is that its most significant source of contributions hasn’t been Trump, but Vince McMahon of Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Over the years, Trump has hosted WWE WrestleMania events at his properties in Atlantic City. He has also participated in WrestleMania events (such as appearing in the corner of a wrestler whose opponent had McMahon in his corner in a hair vs. hair event) and story lines (such as purportedly buying WWE Raw from McMahon). The $5 million in donations from WWE to the Trump Foundation is by far its largest source of income and rumored to be a tax-avoiding payment from McMahon to Trump for Trump’s involvement in a 2006 WrestleMania event. Out of a little more than $1 million in grants in 2010, the foundation gave $110,000 to the American Heart Association, $100,000 to the American Red Cross and that same amount to his son Eric’s foundation.

His foundation is a tax avoidance scam. You just have to trust him when he says your donation will go towards 'other' veteran non-profits.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Okay, I'm annoyed.

I dislike Donald as much as the next person, but to take pot shots at him because he has a charity that doesn't do things EXACTLY like other charities do is just intellectually lazy IMO.

Anybody with the slightest degree of reading comprehension can pull up 1000 charities who operate in a private environment that do wonderful things. And if they have a charity status, then they must file certain public paper work that would indeed be available upon request.

And not to support Donald here, but he's certainly not a LIAR. Maybe a flip flopper on his opinion of issues, but if Donald said he did a thing, usually he did the thing.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Too many eyes on this money.

Nothing short of 100% directly to our Vets will do.

exactly so why is he funneling it through his charity? And if hes going to do that why not make it public so everyone can see where its going?

Tons of fund raisers donate directly to the charities they are dealing with rather than doing what donald is doing.......

It smells fishy to me..........

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I dislike Donald as much as the next person, but to take pot shots at him because he has a charity that doesn't do things EXACTLY like other charities do is just intellectually lazy IMO.

Its not a pot shot, whats intellectually lazy is not holding this man to the same standard with his charity as other charities are held to, they make their donations and money moving public knowledge for better or worse

Also the things I linked about Trump and his charity and what hes given is not a pot shot either, they are facts

Facts dont care about agendas, theyre just facts

And not to support Donald here, but he's certainly not a LIAR

You have GOT to be kidding me.........no seriously you should go back and look at some fact checks with this guy......talk about intellectual laziness
edit on 1/28/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They're jamming the forum for trump's production.

on CNN

over-booked to the hilt !!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just cant believe Trump is taking the money for himself or his campaign.

Trump is worth Billions.

Why would he need donations for himself?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Its possible its some sort of tax shelter, but the problem I have with this situation is that trump MIGHT be giving ALL the donations he's getting (hopefully earmarked for veterans) but we won't know for another couple years, because its a private foundation we can't get a real-time accounting of where those funds are going. So sure, he might be honestly doing it to bolster his polls with veterans... but why donate the money when you can SAY you're going to donate it and nobody can prove otherwise until this whole presidential thing is over with?
edit on 28-1-2016 by Slanter because: typing too fast, screwed up syntax.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Why would Trump need a measly couple hundred mill, he is worth A Lhit Soad, and does not need the $$$$

I am sorry- I am calling bunk on this topic/thread-

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Again, he may flip flop on issues and sure, I've seen him lie once or twice on the debate stage with gotcha questions about his twitter feed.

But why hold him to the standard of public charities and not private ones?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

It's not necessarily directly for himself.

It's to further avoid taxes in other ventures. It sounds crazy, but it's incredibly common. Avoid a few million in taxes and reinvest that million in something else to make your net worth rise. Repeat until...whenever. It's the basics of capitalism.

We won't know where that money went until next year, at the earliest. That's when the foundation will release the tax info.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There's a common theme with most people, especially well-off people, is that they never think they're rich "Enough." I read this survey that states that millionaires polled didn't think they had "enough" money, they needed about five million to have "enough" money, and people with 5 million said they needed about 10 million to feel secure. So people that have the mindset of accumulating money don't really turn it off, they're never really satisfied.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Trump isn't a liar? Come on, that's so untrue. Thousands of Muslims cheering on 9/11?

2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So none of you guys are aware that billionaires are greedy?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I agree many are.

However if this is true about trump, I am not going to vote for him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join