It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Nobody started an armed rebellion here either. It was a protest as outlined by Amendment One. They were armed as stated by Amendment Two.
What part of that do you not understand?
They were not anti-government. They were sponsoring classes on the Constitution and drawing large crowds. The movement was beginning to grow. Even a neighboring sheriff stepped up and condemned the feds.

I've protested all that laundry list you gave us as "tyrannical" with the exception of the recent revelations about lead in the water in Flint. I didn't agree politically with bunches of the people who were there for the protests. We might not agree on the road to take to make things right but the bottom line comes down to this: If we stay on this road we are surely going off a cliff. So the goal is to stop them as best we can. Then we can get down to arguing about which is the proper road---is there a road that is better or do we need to build a new road.
No citizen is unworthy of our support if that citizen's rights are being violated.

I don't know what happened out there today. The fact that only militia members were casualties speaks volumes to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

gotta link?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Will you guys grow the hell up and stay on top of the situation.

You think a youtube video from a Bundite constitutes such?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Seriously? Organize at the local level, have members run for office, appoint like minded people to different internal positions, and change the system by actually writing the laws of the system. Hire lobbying firms or actually start a lobbying firm and/or PAC, then promote your message directly to the people in position to change the laws. Also, you can start a group that can consolidate your legal following, then use that group as leverage for or against politicians when they're running for election/reelection. You know, like every other special interest does.

Are you kidding?

Apparently you do not understand how corrupt our government really is.

The fact is the voting system has been hijacked by the world globalist they own our government they own our politics.

You talk about using a lobbying firms? The Globalist have enough money to fight against any small lobbying firms, this will never work.

The good old boys in Washington will never let a do gooder, for We The People have a place in Congress.

So what is your solution to stop a Tyrannical government?

In other words, you don't actually care about the current political system? The difference between that logic & my logic is I believe in fighting a corrupt system by improving the system and clearing out the corruption. That's literally the whole point in the representative democracy/democratic republic that our Constitution represents.

That's why the elected positions have 2 year, 4 year, and 6 year terms; so citizens can change their representatives when they feel they're getting a raw deal. That's also why the Constitution has a procedure to alter itself through amendments; so citizens can update the Constitution when they feel it needs improvements. And that's why we can start PACs, associations, lobbying firms, political parties and the such; so citizens can become involved in the system first hand.

And the reason I stated to start at the local level should be obvious. Many local elections are decided by dozens to hundreds of votes. If you & this Bundy-type mindset are really so prevalent & popular, why can't you garner a few hundred votes and win those elections? Or to put it another way, if those positions are so widely accepted, it should be easy for local candidates w/those views to get elected as mayors and city council members.

Not that I mind, of course. I don't support the Bundy's or your mindset, so I don't mind if you've given up on the system. That just means one less vote or association against my political priorities LOL. Though I think it's ironic that I'm the one who wants to keep our government but improve it; you're implying you're in favor of a revolt against our government; and yet you're the "patriot" and I'm "not". LOL That doesn't even make sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Im sure the FBI can accomodate him (ps I dont know the facts as I am not a US citizen but making an old man a martyr does seem kind of dumb)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

He can always just surrender if he's actually innocent of any crimes. And if there are so many people in this country that support him, surely they'll help w/his legal fees as he proves himself innocent in a court of law. And if/when he's found innocent (assuming he hasn't done anything wrong this whole time), he can surely sue the officials for punitive and/or restitution, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Though I think it's ironic that I'm the one who wants to keep our government but improve it; you're implying you're in favor of a revolt against our government; and yet you're the "patriot" and I'm "not". LOL That doesn't even make sense.

Perfectly stated.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Poor families. They are like the Old South, trying to hold on to a past. The days when you could roam free over land. I like the BLM, but I am not trying to make money. We like the opportunity to hunt, fish, and camp without gates and fences from rich land owners. How was this an occupation anyway, when they were leaving every day.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We like the opportunity to hunt, fish, and camp without gates and fences from rich land owners.

You can hunt, fish, and camp on BLM land. Bundy doesn't like that, he thinks it's his land.

edit on 1/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I can agree with much of your statement, especially this part:

No citizen is unworthy of our support if that citizen's rights are being violated.

But here's the thing, the Bundy's rights weren't being violated in this situation. The entire Hammond situation had nothing to do with them. And not only did the Hammonds not want the Bundys there, the Hammomds actually turned themselves in. Think about that. The Hammonds were ok enough with their legal situation to turn themselves in to serve their time.

link   
Apparently there are militia groups headed to the wildlife refuge right now.

I just heard them giving coordinates to militia members on their way because roads are blocked.

From the two live streams.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Stop using that BS information to support your ideas we've gone over this 150 times.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh but sitting here argueing with someone over details and trying to prove your smarter is better.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Live streams from whom?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
How was this an occupation anyway, when they were leaving every day.

"We're a tough-as-nails paramilitary outfit ready to stand up to the dern crupted Federal guvment!"

"PS: Please send snacks and socks."

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Oh but sitting here argueing with someone over details and trying to prove your smarter is better.

I know you have an aversion to details but...

Better than what?
edit on 1/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You see what I'm saying? Every time someone says something too you this is the bs that comes out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Yeah. Well.
Maybe that's because I expect people to make sense when they say something.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I think the ranchers were igmos in the implementation of their protest, having said that if they (the Feds)murdered any of the militia people then this situation could get very messy very quick.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

youtu.be...

There's other militia groups headed there right now.

Why don't you guys cut the # and pay attention to the ongoing situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join