It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men with more than one wife will get extra benefits under new rules

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

excerpt:
MEN with more than one wife could benefit financially from the new benefits system, according to official House of Commons research.

The new universal credit welfare system being phased in across the UK is set to reward polygamous households with higher benefits, research has found.

Yesterday, Tory MPs and campaigners called for polygamy to be made illegal in the UK and for men with multiple wives to be prosecuted like bigamists.
Marie Woolf, Whitehall Editor

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

I think it's ridiculous to put that kind of strain on an entire system, pushing what some are saying is sharia induced ideals onto a Western Country that doesn't want nor need it, nor ask for this. Is pushing any kind of Religion or Belief system on an entire group of human beings with a totally different Ideals, Heritage and Civilized Societys, then forcing them to do what you want or cry about it right? btw from what i've read Most of London is foreign owned now. In fact more Foreign billionaires from the middle east own more of London than the Royal Family does.

What are your opinions on this, is it right? Is it rubbish, or is it PC ULTRA gone WILD?

Two other links here:

www.barenakedislam.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 1/26/2016 by awareness10 because: Them

edit on 27/1/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't see why it requires higher benefits, I thought that was calculated per person in the first place?

Kind of a logic disconnect there, IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nobodies forcing anyone to have multiple wives/husbands so where is the pushing ?

For the benefits issue, why shouldn't they get more benefits when more people are involved in the claim ?

Are you going to complain about parents with more than 1 child getting extra benefits because they have more than 1 child ?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

yeah... hasn't polygamists in Utah with more than 1 wife been getting increased social benefits for decades....

free education for the 19 + children in a family? etcetera

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Polygamy has been described as a form of Human rights abuse. Many international human rights organizations, as well as Women's Rights groups in many Countries, have called for its Abolition.

[1][2] In 2000, the United Nations Human Rights Committee considered polygamy (probably limited to polygyny) a violation of the internationally binding International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) on the grounds that it Violates the Dignity of Women, and recommended it be made illegal in all states.[3][4][5]
edit on 1/26/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: awareness10

Kind of strange really, what with the Global Climate change problem that is so popular with the elites and their desire for lower birth rates and de-carbonizing the economy. But I guess this information means that the UK government is determined to bend over backwards to accommodate the civil law parts of Sharia law. If that's the case who's to complain if they aren't Muslim? The rules don't apply to non-Muslims..................yet.

link   
I have nothing againt polygamists or bigamists as long as its all between consenting adults.

But this takes the piss.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And what of the Women with more than one husband?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They should only get benefits for one wife. Period.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Kind of strange really, what with the Global Climate change problem that is so popular with the elites and their desire for lower birth rates and de-carbonizing the economy. But I guess this information means that the UK government is determined to bend over backwards to accommodate the civil law parts of Sharia law. If that's the case who's to complain if they aren't Muslim? The rules don't apply to non-Muslims..................yet.

That's exactly it, they say the Planet is overcrowded, they say many things they wish for us to believe and i personally believe very little of it. Yet unless your of one specific group you're made to feel you're the problem to every crisis under the sun. I just don't see how anyone can find this 'ok'. It's abnormal thinking, there is no common sense left in what they're pushing.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I believe in India Women if they can 'afford' it, can have as many husbands as they like.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If the women are happy to be wife number 1, 2, 3 or whatever then how is it abuse ? If they're not then it's not the polygamy that's the problem here

Here's an idea, don't stick your nose into other peoples business and tell them how they should live their lives whilst claiming their lifestyle is being forced on you when it really isn't

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Just another step in the changeover.

I dunno if it will happen in my lifetime but, I do suspect... in fact, I am almost to the point of non-denial that, coming soon, things will be so, so very different.

Everything we have known for so many generations are going to be ripped away.
Western culture, including so many freedoms, along with the faiths of Christianity and Judaism, the ability to speak freely without fear... even the choice of how to raise a child, will become a thing of the past.

This was all prophesied.
This is all happening.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well it is not part of the British culture OR allowed in law to have

more than one wife.

Why is it allowed
when it is against the law to have more than

one wife.

Isn't it bigamous to marry when you already have a wife.

What happened to *When in Rome do as the Raman's do!!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

If the women are happy to be wife number 1, 2, 3 or whatever then how is it abuse ? If they're not then it's not the polygamy that's the problem here

Here's an idea, don't stick your nose into other peoples business and tell them how they should live their lives whilst claiming their lifestyle is being forced on you when it really isn't

Then let them do it in a Sharia Made Country. Why bring it over to the UK or USA or any other Civil Country then make the average TAX Payer pay for it all? Here's an idea for you, don't bring your baggage to Countrys that don't live by Middle Eastern Laws and Ideals.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Well it is not part of the British culture OR allowed in law to have

more than one wife.

Why is it allowed
when it is against the law to have more than

one wife.

Isn't it bigamous to marry when you already have a wife.

What happened to *When in Rome do as the Raman's do!!

That's it, When in Rome. Apparently people from the middle east only Value their own culture while vehemently displaying disdain and hatred for those they move to by spitting on their host's Values and Laws and Rich Cultural Heritage.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
EU has lost it´s marbles.. The fact these kind of decisions comes out of the "blue" and in very short notice and is against common sense, moral and human rights is very disturbing.
The way how Germany first and next Danmark is taking away money from refugees when posession exceed certain amount is kind of reflection of what happened in WW2 and to jewish population. I do understand the reason they are doing it, equality and not giving better pedestal to those who come elsewhere than people who are already suffering and living on benefits in country, and also financing the costs what comes from housing them etc. But you have to start thinking if this is all about the plan to bring chaos and war to Europe.
It seem like " give a little.. take more from return", destroy the system and build a new one. What kind of it is yet to see.. but most likely worse than ever.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
And what of the Women with more than one husband?

Doesn't that come under bigamy too

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well.......its clearly preferential; its an example of government choosing to carve out special rights and privileges for one culture. I guess its multi-culturalism on steroids. What's odd to me is that I don't quite understand what the benefit is to the existing host government. I understand they get brownie points from the Global Elite types at their cocktail parties, but how does it benefit the actual politicians in charge? Do they expect that the immigrants and Muslim population will automatically reward them with votes? That's the only thing I can imagine. Problem is however, that its beginning to hurt the local economies and by local I mean local business owners. Here's an example: we had a t.v. report to the effect that since the Paris bombings, one surprising trend is that night clubs/dance clubs, etc. have been closing at an alarming rate and that there's only 1/2 of them are left open from a high count in 2008.

They attribute that, not of course to the threat of terrorism, but rather to 1) gentrification has made the club locations real property values skyrocket past the point that a club owner can make a profit and pay the property tax; and 2) Cocooning, claiming that Euro (Brit?) millenials just don't go out much anymore and that drinking has become less popular. I noted with amusement that one of the "themes" for the Milan fashion show was Cocooning.

So what I'm saying is that one of the unintended consequences of the politicians "accommodations" to one culture is hurting their tax revenues if local businesses are shuttering as a proximate result. I know that here in the US, the night "scene" with exceptions of course, has near died as a result of cultural trends, crime and DWI laws. So.....they look to make up the loss by taxing the internet.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
That's exactly it, they say the Planet is overcrowded, they say many things they wish for us to believe and i personally believe very little of it. Yet unless your of one specific group you're made to feel you're the problem to every crisis under the sun. I just don't see how anyone can find this 'ok'. It's abnormal thinking, there is no common sense left in what they're pushing.

I don't agree with being given benefits for multiple wives as it encourages the aberrant behavior and abuse of women.

Now as far as the planet is concerned this is my issue with the developing of 3rd and even 2nd world economies. This will increase the demand for resources, not what they claim. It is a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

Back on topic, are these communities allowed to marry more than one wife in the UK, or is it just wives that they came there already married to? Could make a difference, but I really don't know many (any actually) women that would want to be in a polygamous situation if they had the choice, although there are many in Utah here in the states.

edit on 26/1/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join