It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men with more than one wife will get extra benefits under new rules

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: awareness10

Kind of strange really, what with the Global Climate change problem that is so popular with the elites and their desire for lower birth rates and de-carbonizing the economy. But I guess this information means that the UK government is determined to bend over backwards to accommodate the civil law parts of Sharia law. If that's the case who's to complain if they aren't Muslim? The rules don't apply to non-Muslims..................yet.

That's exactly it, they say the Planet is overcrowded, they say many things they wish for us to believe and i personally believe very little of it. Yet unless your of one specific group you're made to feel you're the problem to every crisis under the sun. I just don't see how anyone can find this 'ok'. It's abnormal thinking, there is no common sense left in what they're pushing.

The goal is quite consistent if you know what it is - the Coudenhove-Kalergi plan.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse
Simple fact is the governments are owned by myriad special interest groups.......
Logical results will be dwindling with time... not unifying as intended by the democratic principals we hypocritically pay homage to...
Insanity is the frequent outcome, as well as complete disconnect with situational reality.....
There are far too many fingers in the social engineering pie.....chaos is inevitable....

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It was reported in the Guardian several days ago. Second and third wives are not recognised as married under Universal Credit so are entitled to claim single benefits. This will allow certain households to claim more welfare payments. That is where the problem lies. Two single claimants gain more than a married couple. Yet a common law partners ie lived together for more than 6 months, are classed as a married couple under the same rules.

Double standard.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Can't argue with that. I am sitting by the fire watching the disaster unfold.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

...Men with more than one wife will get extra benefits under new rules

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk...

seems you guys are getting more Fundamental Transformation than we in the USA are getting by the threat-promise by our feerless leader B Hussein O

hey, just got a thought spike...
a more apt slur could be : B. whose-insane O.
edit on th31145384372726282016 by St Udio because: hussein = who-is-insane

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

If the bulk of the people start changing their minds, what do you think the logical course of action would be? Grumbling with the status quo they no longer agree with, or pushing for change to accommodate that social shift? Is the government supposed to reflect what the people want or not?

So what your advocating that when immigrants from other countries increase

the population and in the words of one Imam

One day millions of men will leave the southern hemisphere and go to
the northern hemisphere and they will not go there as friends, but they will
conquer. And they will conquer it with their sons, for the wombs of our women
will give us victory.

The logical course of action is to accommodate the social shift and

therefor this Christian country should take on Sharia law.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Our country hasn't been "Christian" for a while now

Not to mention our country was originally Pagan until the Romans invaded and brought Christianity to us

Kind of ironic the very thing which made the country Christian (an invasion of sorts) is the kind of thing you want to now stop

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Our country hasn't been "Christian" for a while now

Not to mention our country was originally Pagan until the Romans invaded and brought Christianity to us

Kind of ironic the very thing which made the country Christian (an invasion of sorts) is the kind of thing you want to now stop

47.8 % identify as Christian

44.7 % identify as no specific religious affiliation.

7.5 % other faiths.

If push came to shove I think the 44.7 % would take on the

Christian mantle rather than others?

www.brin.ac.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

And I bet you're conservative, thinking 48% equals a majority

It's not even 50% of the population who identify as Christian, in fact the majority (the other 52.2%) are not identifying as Christian therefore this country is NOT a christian country

And I wonder how many of your 47.8% who identify as Christian are actually devout and adhere to the scriptures as demanded or are they part time Christians like the majority of people who claim to be Christian are ?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Why do you mention sharia countries, unless you are a closeted bigot? Many cultures have a poly-amorous doctrine, don't see you shutting Mormonism down. You are are full of ignorance as this benefits mandate is.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can't read the entire article, because it wants me to buy a subscription. But from the little there, the words 'could' and 'maybe' are used. It is speculation leading from the fact that households with more people would get more anyway.

Currently, from the article:

Multi-wife marriages are legally recognised in the UK if they took place in one of the 50 or more countries where polygamy is permitted, such as Middle Eastern states, Pakistan and Zambia.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So did you just choose to ignore the whole part about US not identifying as a christian country, and that we had it forced upon us as invaders, or are you just a dickhead?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Regardless of your views on the moral rights and wrongs of this, the fact remains that bigamy is illegal in the UK. So why should exemptions be made for Islam?

Furthermore, how can it be right to expect people like me to pay for it through our taxes?

Things like this are part of the reason the welfare state is failing. Too many hands in the till.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thank you for that information. I am reading through the Coudenhove-Kalergi plan now. It helps to further explain and/or expand on an understanding I have come to based on clues across a variety of seemingly separate goals

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
en.wikipedia.org...

Polygamy has been described as a form of Human rights abuse. Many international human rights organizations, as well as Women's Rights groups in many Countries, have called for its Abolition.

[1][2] In 2000, the United Nations Human Rights Committee considered polygamy (probably limited to polygyny) a violation of the internationally binding International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) on the grounds that it Violates the Dignity of Women, and recommended it be made illegal in all states.[3][4][5]

What about wives with a few husbands? were in a new world with quite a few different rules it seems. It cant be that bad as long as their isn't forced coercion involved. Just because a religion endorses a certain format, it might not mean its invalid. I would think with tightening economic times creative solutions for households might be explored.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If you actually look into it, you know do a bit of research instead of believing sensationalised claims in order to create hatred then you would see that it's the fault of the new Universal Credit NOT recognising polygamous marriages that enables the families to get more money. It's removal of the exemptions that's causing this...

Currently, a husband and his first wife are paid up to £114.85 a week. Subsequent spouses living under the same roof receive around £40 each. Under the new system of Universal Credit, which is not expected to be fully introduced until 2021, polygamous marriages will not be recognised at all. The standard allowance is about £498.89 a month for couples, but single people can claim about £317.83. That means the husband and his first wife will be able to claim the married couples' allowance and subsequent wives will be able to claim a single person's allowance.

So what do you want ?

I'm sorry to say but people like yourself and the OP are the reason why the welfare state is failing because you're all complaining about things you clearly know nothing about and are too lazy to actually research and get your facts before mouthing off

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

So did you just choose to ignore the whole part about US not identifying as a christian country, and that we had it forced upon us as invaders, or are you just a dickhead?

How is your reading comprehension ??

House of Commons ..... Tory MP's ......Whitehall Editor .... The UK...

Where does the USA fit in there

You do know that there are other nationalities on ATS

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I posted something that is a concern to many People. Spouting off hatred towards me and others here only makes you look ignorant. I believe it is you who is too lazy to understand the op posted. As for mouthing off, the only one who's been mouthing off here is you. It's not a contest, it's a fact, the fact that this is happening and people don't appreciate their hard earned money going to pay for foreign marriages, people who have moved into western countries.

So, that being said please do try to be more polite on my thread, and accusing people of whatever pops into your head.

I have to go to work to pay for people who were married under sharia law and now have moved to Western countries so they could gain benefits on behalf of myself and everyone else who shouldn't bloody have to. Thankyou.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Please oh Please, keep your PottyMouth at home in your Toilet where it belongs. Verbal assaults like the one coming from your keyboard only make you look like the very word you used yourself, against another here.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

And I wonder how many of your 47.8% who identify as Christian are actually devout and adhere to the scriptures as demanded or are they part time Christians like the majority of people who claim to be Christian are ?

The Guardian recently reported church attendance dropping to below 1,000, 000 for the first time. It has be decreasing for a long time. If eletheia's 47.8% is accurate this suggests 30 million are non-orthodox or secular Christians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join