It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men with more than one wife will get extra benefits under new rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

They're not making the average tax payer pay for it all, our government is making the average tax payer pay for it all.

If you have a problem it shouldn't be with them, it should with our government for making these tax/benefit regulations

You still have avoided my question about parents with more than 1 child claiming extra benefits, or do you think that's ok because having more than 1 child fits your moral agenda you want to force on others ?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

They're not making the average tax payer pay for it all, our government is making the average tax payer pay for it all.

If you have a problem it shouldn't be with them, it should with our government for making these tax/benefit regulations

You still have avoided my question about parents with more than 1 child claiming extra benefits, or do you think that's ok because having more than 1 child fits your moral agenda you want to force on others ?

I agree with the issue being the government. In the US we have the issue of each child equates to more benefits. You will find since that policy was enacted that the family unit broke apart and some women had as many children as they could to increase their monthly benefit. Many abuse the children and use the benefits for other purposes. It is something that may sound good or even logical at first, but can backfire into other problems in society. Men will probably get as many wives and children as possible and in some cultures the men will take the money and leave the family wanting. It is not an easy answer.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Back on topic, are these communities allowed to marry more than one wife in the UK, or is it just wives that they came there already married to? Could make a difference, but I really don't know many (any actually) women that would want to be in a polygamous situation if they had the choice, although there are many in Utah here in the states.

Lets face it .... the thing is if it applies to only the ones they bring in....

It wont be long before its against their *Human Rights* not to be allowed

to do it here

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Nobodies forcing anyone to have multiple wives/husbands so where is the pushing ?

For the benefits issue, why shouldn't they get more benefits when more people are involved in the claim ?

Are you going to complain about parents with more than 1 child getting extra benefits because they have more than 1 child ?

OMG.
Its people like you that encourage this madness.

WTF? ...
British peoples rights first.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
And what of the Women with more than one husband?

They get buried to their necks and smashed with large stones till dead, any good Sharia lover knows this.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ismynameimportant

Tell me, what rights are being affected ?

Where is the madness when a couple get benefits for being married and get extra benefits for having more than 1 wife/husband ?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This really should not be argued from the money angle as if they are adults they can claim in their own right, and you can bet your bottom dollar the the inland revenue will only recognise one spouse. This comes down to the very basic reason that poligamy was banned in the first place.
Example, if you have one man and twenty wives it vastly narrows the available gene pool for breeding. This leads to gene degeneration and enhansed risk of deformities.
You might think it's OK , it's only two wives. But in a close knit community it's very, very dangerous.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Tell me, what rights are being affected ?
Where is the madness when a couple get benefits for being married and get extra benefits for having more than 1 wife/husband ?

In British Law are you allowed more than one husband/wife?

Which country are we talking about?

So they are breaking the law and getting PAID for it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Men with more than one wife are getting variety on a nightly basis.. They don't deserve ANY other benefits.... lol

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Polygamous marriages may not be performed in the United Kingdom, and if a polygamous marriage is performed, the already-married person may be guilty of the crime of bigamy. Polygamous marriages legally performed in another country where the law allows it are legally recognised for the purposes of welfare benefits, but not for pension, immigration or citizenship purposes

It's only recognised for benefits it seems

I still don't see how it infringes on anybodies rights ? or why anybody is complaining about people in polygamous marriages when they didn't set the rules for benefits ?

The only rights issue I see, is the fact that polygamous marriages are illegal, people should be free to choose if they want to be married multiple times providing all parties consent. But then it's debatable if it is a right to be married and then multiple times

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What about women with more than one husband? Does that count too? Or what about women with more than one wife or men with more than one husband?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What about women with more than one husband? Does that count too? Or what about women with more than one wife or men with more than one husband?

Hey now, we're traipsing into polyamory & no one wants to talk about that. Just polygamy, because nobody could possibly love multiple spouses, it's a fundie Mormon & Muslim thing, dont'cha know.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sorry sorry. I was getting a little too progressive there for a second. Gotta reel my tolerance for others' behavior different than my own into check there.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good God, more than one wife? I don't think I could handle it myself lol! Now if you are a male dominated culture maybe you could, but that is not my way.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Nyiah

Sorry sorry. I was getting a little too progressive there for a second.

Yeah, I feel ya. Best not suggest the atheist polyamorous people I know, that's just not possible in this universe.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't have an issue with polygamy. If we are going to have two dudes getting married, you cannot argue against having multiple wives / husbands as long as they are consenting adults. However, having additional wives should not be grounds for increased social benefits. Having an additional spouse is a personal choice.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Polygamous marriages may not be performed in the United Kingdom, and if a polygamous marriage is performed, the already-married person may be guilty of the crime of bigamy. Polygamous marriages legally performed in another country where the law allows it are legally recognised for the purposes of welfare benefits, but not for pension, immigration or citizenship purposes

I still don't see how it infringes on anybodies rights ? or why anybody is complaining about people in polygamous marriages when they didn't set the rules for benefits ?

The only rights issue I see, is the fact that polygamous marriages are illegal, people should be free to choose if they want to be married multiple times providing all parties consent. But then it's debatable if it is a right to be married and then multiple times

I find your post a bit rambling so I'll just say >>>>

Bottom line is that it is illegal in the UK and the wests attitude appears

to be *appeasement* at all costs.

The UK citizens are not allowed the privilege of breaking that law!

How long do you think it will be before they are demanding it as a

*Human rights* issue?

The first steps down the slippery slope ......

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
The UK citizens are not allowed the privilege of breaking that law!

How long do you think it will be before they are demanding it as a

*Human rights* issue?

The first steps down the slippery slope ......

If the bulk of the people start changing their minds, what do you think the logical course of action would be? Grumbling with the status quo they no longer agree with, or pushing for change to accommodate that social shift? Is the government supposed to reflect what the people want or not?

Slipperly slope my ass. That's what they used to say about legalizing interracial marriage in the US. How about letting the consenting grown-ass adults marry other consenting grown-ass adults?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

It appears to me to be sexist legislation. Every individual person should be able to receive some sort of assistance in need, regardless of their gender or relationships.

edit on 26/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

No, it has to do with the calculation. The first wife and the husband get a lesser amount than the second wife because she isn't considered a "wife" technically, but instead is counted as a single mother. So for every additional wife, he gets a higher portion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join