It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP: If I'm president, 'Christianity will have power' in the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

If Trump becomes president, then he will use sorcery to make congress (who actually writes the laws) start writing laws that only benefit Christians.

You'd understand this if you weren't a Muggle. No offense to Muggles, though.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy I don't think either would get along too well with a mainly republican / neocon congress. I hate all religions lol

edit on 24-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Indeed indeed. Maybe folks are just getting nervous that he might opt to use some of those executive action and decision powers that our current president has made so acceptable to the masses.
In any event all I see is pandering to the Christian demographic.
The only power Trump will give to Christians is the Power to complain that they were lied to.
But its okay after all Christians are told to forgive right?
Easy pickings for the politicians.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Abortion? Nope
Prayer in School? Nope
Fair time for Intelligent Design? Nope
Gay Marriage? Nope
Freedom to NOT bake a cake without government intervention? Nope

Abortion: christian has the same freedom to choose and everyone else, no one is forcing them to abort their children. heck, our gov't and court system has gone as far as saying that christian sponsored hospitals can take that decision from the doctors who are using their facilities (many because there isn't another around within a hundred miles) even if he BELIEVES that an abortion is the best course of action for the mother's health. The same goes for female sterializations, and birth control. heck, christian businesses can even pull out the belief card and get out of including birth control in their insurance policies, even when 80-90% of the items they sell are bought from chinese companies that help the gov't enforce their one child only policy!
Yous don't want equality, you want to take the choice from others, from doctors who might only want to keep the mother from permenant physical injury and from women who might only wish to ensure that the income that she earns that ensure that her kids get plenty to eat, and clothes on their backs, school supplies keeps coming in.

Prayer in schools... you can't keep a person from praying!! you don't need to even be vocal to pray. God hears your thoughts you know... no, what you want is group lead prayer in school where little kids are sent out into the hallway if their parents object.

Fair time for Intelligent Design? as in the biblical creation story? as in mythology, where all the different stories from all the cultures are given fair coverage? as in ET intervention??

Gay Marriage? ain't no one forcing you to have a gay marriage, and ain't no one forcing your minister to marry them...heck the gov't won't even force ministers to marry any couple that they find objectionable...look at the catholics and their stand on divorce.

Freedom to NOT bake a cake without government intervention? it you make a product available to the public, it has to be available to all the public...not your select few... what can I say, previous generations ruined that one for yas when they decided that they wouldn't serve african americans.,

Please tell me about all this power again? LOL

Christian sponsored groups can refuse to hire women and avoid the anti-discrimination laws and still get gov't contracts..
Christian sponsored clinics and hospitals can refuse to treat women with what is typically considered to be the best treatment options and still partner with the medicaid program and get the medicaid dollars for their half arse treatment.

and I am sure if I thought hard enough I would find more...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

are you saying we should do to the candidates what they did to the mortgages, slice and dice them up, take the best part of each of them and create the perfect president???
hey, I'd go for that???

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: CB328
How about someone that wants everyone to be represented, not just religious people?

Me? No, I want them eradicated from the face of the earth just like all other religious groups including non radical Muslims, go Trump go. Get on board Atheists, Trump luvs U 2.

edit on 24-1-2016 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

The only way I would vote for trump is if he was trying to eradicate ALL religion off the face of the earth.
edit on 24-1-2016 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: nwtrucker

How about neither?

It is the 21st Century.

I haven't seen anything in the "21st. century" that particularly impresses....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Works for me...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Bernie wants to raise taxes on the top 1% to pay for those programs, he has never said he wants to raise it on everyone.

He let that protester do what she did because he believes in protest, might not have been the right move but it was the principle of the matter. He does support BLM, probably because he agrees that all lives do matter and that is what that is about. NOT about them mattering more, that is just some tactic those against it use to try and make it seem racist.
You ALL know that Bernie would let them in by the thousands because that's who he is

No I don't, even the liberals are not saying just let them in by thousands, not sure where you are getting that from.

Sounds like you are taking some of the other sides mud slinging as fact, when it just isn't.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

It's the best reason to vote for Trump, means Islamic terror won't be coddled anymore.

Coddled?

Are you Fk'n serious? We've been dropping thousands upon thousands of bombs on Islamic countries for well over a decade and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. If this is coddling Islam I'm worried about what getting serious looks like.

I usually avoid getting into semantics and throwing definitions out there, but this one is just too good to pass up.

demagogue
1: a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Yep, sounds about right. So much for the strength in the ideal of equality........ My heart weeps

7 years of Obama = coddled Islamic terror

Oh how quickly you forget the apology tour, then the withdrawals, then the rise of terror to the point they have their own caliphate and State, then the pandering to the largest nation sponsor of terror that being Iran.

Obummer led to Trump, deal with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
dawnstar

Abortion: christian has the same freedom to choose and everyone else, no one is forcing them to abort their children.

The issue among Christians was not if people can, but if people should.

heck, our gov't and court system has gone as far as saying that christian sponsored hospitals can take that decision from the doctors who are using their facilities (many because there isn't another around within a hundred miles) even if he BELIEVES that an abortion is the best course of action for the mother's health. The same goes for female sterializations, and birth control.

False.
cnsnews.com...

heck, christian businesses can even pull out the belief card and get out of including birth control in their insurance policies, even when 80-90% of the items they sell are bought from chinese companies that help the gov't enforce their one child only policy!

False.
www.politifact.com...

Prayer in schools... you can't keep a person from praying!! you don't need to even be vocal to pray.

So in short freedom of religion is okay so long as no one sees it?

Fair time for Intelligent Design? as in the biblical creation story? as in mythology, where all the different stories from all the cultures are given fair coverage? as in ET intervention??

As in intelligent design. Your the one who added a religious specific to it.

Gay Marriage? ain't no one forcing you to have a gay marriage, and ain't no one forcing your minister to marry them...heck the gov't won't even force ministers to marry any couple that they find objectionable...look at the catholics and their stand on divorce.

But man are they trying.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Freedom to NOT bake a cake without government intervention? it you make a product available to the public, it has to be available to all the public...not your select few... what can I say, previous generations ruined that one for yas when they decided that they wouldn't serve african americans.

So in short you are not allowed to act against your conscious when selling a cake? The question is not if you can sell a cake to the public the question is why are you not allowed to sell a cake to the public.
Maybe the Klan should see about going an having a cake made with burning crosses on it at an African American owned and operated bakery and see what happens to the baker who wont make it.

Please tell me about all this power again? LOL

Christian sponsored groups can refuse to hire women and avoid the anti-discrimination laws and still get gov't contracts..

False.
www.nytimes.com...

and I am sure if I thought hard enough I would find more...

You have not found one yet.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

THREAD CLOSED
edit on Mon Jan 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join