It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP: If I'm president, 'Christianity will have power' in the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Numerous Salafi groups claim to promote their fundamentalist beliefs through peaceful means although many believe peaceful Salifism to be an an oxymoron.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho
Considering that Christians make up a majority of the nations religious, they should definitely have power and more say in how this nation is governed.

We need to stop giving minority groups / religions much more say than they deserve considering that a democracy is ruled by the people who comprise the nation, not special interest groups or whom ever whines the loudest.

A religion is a special interest group. You argue with yourself often?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: CB328
Here's the best reason not to vote for Trump, unfortunately it will just make his base of morons and lunatics more excited for him. Christians already have massive power in this country and if we let them have full control like they used to you can say goodbye to freedom and prosperity. Remember when Christians had full power only married people that wore suits every day and went to church every week were allowed to have jobs.

finance.yahoo.com...

When did only married people that wore suits every day and whet to church allowed to have jobs? Who is this marriage mafia you speak of? Who is the evil suit provider you speak of? I for one do not remember those dark years in our nation's history.
I have a dream that all people can wear suits equally?
Your Obama is showing.
The sad fact is all you Obama/Hillary believers throw whatever crap against the wall to achieve your goal of more horrible leadership. It won't work this year, your crappy party has pissed off most of the country.

Civil Rights Act 1964.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers from discriminating against individuals because of their religion (or lack of religious belief) in hiring, firing, or any other terms and conditions of employment. The law also prohibits job segregation based on religion, such as assigning an employee to a non-customer contact position because of actual or feared customer preference. www.eeoc.gov...

And

EEOC: Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972".

In my lifetime I've known people being fired for not being Christian. Just saying.

On my first job 1964 I was threatened with firing for having a run in my nylons.

People who don't actually "live the history" tend to ignore or dismiss it.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

the key words are "who knows", there's been much posted about the "uneducated, stupid voter", calling for mandatory testing to ensure only those "intelligent" voters can have a say. But, the politicians along with the media make it so that the more educated the voter is, the more likely he will be to walk into the voting booth with a "I think this guy is the best man, but who knows!!" If they are lying to get this group or that group to support them, then in my opinion, they've already lost my vote. If they are making promises that I know they can't deliver on, they've lost it. Now if one would come along and give us the hard facts on where we stand, and what he can do honestly and transparently, well, that is what I am waiting for. that is the best way to get biggest bang for the bucks we put into the elections!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I cannot wait for this buffoon to be elected as president...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

My god, people are actually defending this. Christians can VOTE like we all have since our start. Thats the power we have as citizens. Is it not nice that is not hinged to believing in the gods of your rulers? To exert more power in a democratic society just because of creed is a road we have already gone down. It was actually what made the first colonists come here.

I am truly starting to believe this country deserves trump. In 90% of instances I side with and defend my people. In this instance and if they elect him, I will firmly know that this country NEEDS to suffer a non democratic rule in order to relearn the lessons of the past. Who knows maybe we really are the cheap people others say we are, that any snake oil salesman can sway because we are hope driven idiots, who have no societal memory beyond the last 5 years, who really are brain dead, and who need to worship others since they think so lowly of themselves.

I may rethink my whole position on where I want to stand with them. I will still stand with them, but if they love to be the mental and spiritual slave bitch of others then I may not want to stand NEXT to them....I may want to be with the ones in funny costumes and nice suits.

or alone.

edit on 1 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Here's the best reason not to vote for Trump, unfortunately it will just make his base of morons and lunatics more excited for him. Christians already have massive power in this country and if we let them have full control like they used to you can say goodbye to freedom and prosperity. Remember when Christians had full power only married people that wore suits every day and went to church every week were allowed to have jobs.

finance.yahoo.com...

When did only married people that wore suits every day and whet to church allowed to have jobs? Who is this marriage mafia you speak of? Who is the evil suit provider you speak of? I for one do not remember those dark years in our nation's history.
Your Obama is showing.
The sad fact is all you Obama/Hillary believers throw whatever crap against the wall to achieve your goal of more horrible leadership. It won't work this year, your crappy party has pissed off most of the country.

Civil Rights Act 1964.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers from discriminating against individuals because of their religion (or lack of religious belief) in hiring, firing, or any other terms and conditions of employment. The law also prohibits job segregation based on religion, such as assigning an employee to a non-customer contact position because of actual or feared customer preference. www.eeoc.gov...

And

In my lifetime I've known people being fired for not being Christian. Just saying.

On my first job 1964 I was threatened with firing for having a run in my nylons.

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Aaaahahahahahahahahaha
You have watched too much mad men.
What was your job that nylons were that important? Gogo dancer?
The civil rights act was enacted to protect us all from the suit mafia and the marriage police. That is rich.
Your invented bogus retelling of history insults those who were actually repressed.
Oh yeah who passed those reforms............could it be white Christian people?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

finance.yahoo.com...

Your Obama is showing.

Civil Rights Act 1964.

And

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Aaaahahahahahahahahaha
The civil rights act was enacted to protect us all from the suit mafia and the marriage police. That is rich.
Your invented bogus retelling of history insults those who were actually repressed.

NO, but apparently you have.

I actually lived those years. I KNOW what it was like.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This man is not Christian nor religious, at all, and his life speaks to that fact. Why on earth his supporters don't see that Trump is purposely trying to discredit them and sabotage his campaign by being extreme and polarizing, I will never understand.

There are all kinds of third party candidates that don't carry the doubts that the two party candidates carry. Both parties are so corrupt, their candidates cannot be trusted and it's clear that Trump deserves a lot of cynicism.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

finance.yahoo.com...

Your Obama is showing.

Civil Rights Act 1964.

And

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Aaaahahahahahahahahaha

So what was it like?
Who marched to get reforms passed?
Who passed those reforms?THE SAME MAJORITY WHITE CHRISTIAN people you have wish to crap on.
Take your dem Obama/Clinton hate elsewhere.
Most people in this country look out for each other no matter what your bizzaro hate party tells you.
You guys do realize minorities also claim to be CHRISTIAN don't you? Latinos aren't Catholic at all are they?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"Christianity will have power in the US"

As long as it is no more than any other religion. These type of statements make me cringe. It's a good way o lose my vote.

I am waiting for someone to run on the promise of removing the Constitution and seeing the crowd jump on the band wagon..

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When democracy falls is is accompanied by the sounds of clapping and cheering in most cases.

edit on 1 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

This man is not Christian nor religious, at all, and his life speaks to that fact. Why on earth his supporters don't see that Trump is purposely trying to discredit them and sabotage his campaign by being extreme and polarizing, I will never understand.

There are all kinds of third party candidates that don't carry the doubts that the two party candidates carry. Both parties are so corrupt, their candidates cannot be trusted and it's clear that Trump deserves a lot of cynicism.

Some kind of mass psychosis.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

finance.yahoo.com...

Your Obama is showing.

Civil Rights Act 1964.

And

Hahahahahahahahahahah
Aaaahahahahahahahahaha

So what was it like?
Who marched to get reforms passed?
Who passed those reforms?THE SAME MAJORITY WHITE CHRISTIAN people you have wish to crap on.
Take your dem Obama/Clinton hate elsewhere.
Most people in this country look out for each other no matter what your bizzaro hate party tells you.
You guys do realize minorities also claim to be CHRISTIAN don't you? Latinos aren't Catholic at all are they?

You have very colorful interpretations of what a poster actually says.

Along with bringing in elements "in your own mind" that were never mentioned.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

hahahaha, lol,lol, lol,......
she's telling the truth!!!
pants were out, high heels were in, and a hole bunch of other crap laid on....
and ya, the whole, men need jobs, they have families, women have husbands supporting them so they don't need jobs...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This thread is great, the people defending this is astounding.

I bet these are the same people that say that it is not majority rule in other threads, but in this one it is all about how since the US is made up of a majority of Christians that they should have the power...
Oh and that majority is falling, so enjoy it while y'all still have it. Secularism is on the rise.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If Trump becomes president, then all Christians will have the power of Grayskull!

That will be scary.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
why don't you go read a history book and learn the answers to your questions...
the main reason why it was white majority christian males that passed the reforms, was that they were the majority holding the power. many women were egged, sneared at, attacked, and arrested for marching for these reforms, and many men, christian, and not so christian supported their cause... and there were many men and women, christian and non christian that fought against them. many sermons spoken in churches both for and against.

again, read your history books!!!! workhouses for the poor?? heck more babies probably died in them in those years they existed than have been aborted since it's been legal! If history is any indication, it seems to me that the people who could do the most good, don't look out for anyone but themselves, leaving the have nots to look out for each other!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how Christians have power in the U.S.?
Everyone keeps talking about some coming theocracy headed by the Christians, however I have yet to see any evidence of this "power" we have.
Can anyone demonstrate how the Christian Demographic has done ANYTHING but lose, when issues come up that might be faith based?
Abortion? Nope
Prayer in School? Nope
Fair time for Intelligent Design? Nope
Gay Marriage? Nope
Freedom to NOT bake a cake without government intervention? Nope

Please tell me about all this power again? LOL
edit on 24-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As a Trump supporter and an atheist I think Trumps comment along with many others is stupid. I am also a Bernie supporter but overall I am a taxpayer, Bernie has said he will raise taxes to support free programs, I heard him say it. Bernie also thinks black lives matter instead of all lives matter and he wasn't smart enough to get rid of tht idiot that jumped on stage and ruined his show, even though he is her best friend she still did that and he let her, that really shows weakness. I like Bernie and wouldn't cry a bit if he became president, at least not until tax time, but I think America should be the priority and not Islamic immigrants and You ALL know that Bernie would let them in by the thousands because that's who he is, he is a nice guy but to a fault, I LOVE liberal hippies, I am one, but too much is just too much. Who out of the two have created more jobs ? Trump Who will not accept a deal with another country unless we get something ? Trump. But also who runs their mouth excercising freedom of speech and says stupid stuff and associated themselves with Sarah palin ? Trump . May the best man win, I wont cry either way. I want Fox news to eat crap if Bernie wins because they kept saying he had no chance and is a wacko, that when I knew he must be a good guy. To be fair they did the same to Trump.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2016 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join