It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Everything is subjective from a more or less inclusive point of view.

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

bah, nothing is mystical or spiritual it just IS. Those are just fancy words in order to confuse the minds...gods, karma, chakra,...all the same.
All is just an experiance and interpretation for me.
And for now my experiance is that this is not so, if it were just that, than it probably would not change during meditation into buzzing and birds chirping...but who knows?

well as long as I can use sounds to steady the mind into silence, that works for me : )

yes, true. But along the self discovery road, there are some milestones which are the same for all. At least in general way it seems, so we can see and conclude things by these milestones.
And the stuff you say about Kundalini and a baby seems like a milestone for me ... well when it happens : )

imho

another milestone for me it seems, it would be samadhi. Would you please tell us your opinion about how to achieve this the fastest? there are so many different informations on the net and a lot of it crap...so an opinion from your personal experiences could help paint the picture

: )
edit on 1454779436223February232232916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Samadhi is just contemplation/concentration...passing through stages of sensing the self (savi) to supposedly not sending the self (nirva). But that while thing is very misleading...a grasping after a false path.

"Kindalini" is also a false path per se (all paths are false), but I personally find it highly useful, as You wind up doing things which are real and extremely powerful. You rewire your brain....you can become a 'genius' / 'poet'.

Now is my kundalini/shamanism interpretation 90% BS? For the point of argument lets pretend that.

Even so, there is a potent rewiring and alignment of the '3 brains' that science admits to...and that's worth a lot actually.

I don't feel like being anyone's teacher today however. Go do some pushups or Something.

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Wow yes that Would make one wonder..i hope your aunt did'nt feel too bad. Your grandma sounds like she was one feisty lady
Maybe she could feel it coming,some people do.And it was in her sleep,so any painful effects would most certainly have been drastically lessened,or she may not have even felt a thing. Bless you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

cheeky .... bastd...erm...Shaman!!

: )

The main point I was missing before is male and female aspects and that was cleared for me, at least on the intellectual level. Stuff about parabrahman, brahman, atman, the soul,I ... was cleared before on the intellectual level. So now I think there is just one thing left to do...practice!

But

I have my own version "of everything" which is a bit different from yours...well anyway path/no path I am treading will bore some fruit eventually...it did already, but only small fruit for now like hm...blueberries. But they were delicious and I am excited to taste more! : ) well in truth at the moment I am still lacking experiences, but they will come, once I get or started to get past my human/ego consciousness.

It is a hazard as you said few pages ago, but I don't mind. Bring it on! This and what is beyond is my ultimate goal in life as material riches, fame, women, pleasure of the senses etc etc. I have completely lost interest and are almost valueless for me ... at the moment.

I will figure it out on my own but thanks a LOT for yours and others input. You and others have given me a lot of different perspectives and this is what forums are all about. My "work" here is done...I think. I will probably lurk from now and if anything comes up I will comment.

For the record, I think this thread is the best on ATS!! it has it all, ghost stories, wired stories... and for someone curious into his or her own nature, it has that to...what more could anyone want? oh right...a naked story?
ha! it has that also! : ))

Truly thanks BD for this thread, Kev and all others participants for putting up with my posts here.

Have fun guys and ladies and post more stories or theories!!

edit on 1454782752219February192192916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Good luck!
I'll miss you!

Cheeky bastard you aren't going anywhere and you know it. This thread is Christmas morning with presents piled high...with the smell of warm banana nut bread and coco with whipped cream on top to drink...

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We should discuss control loops thoroughly sometime

Those old "The Gut" threads were wonderful.. I was such an innocent in some ways before I learned some great stuff at the feet of Mr. Gut.

His threads got me all riled up, to learn all the things I didn't know, but really wanted to know.

Caused me to challenge a lot of my own failed thinking.

Caused me to go find Doctor Jacques Vallee and to discuss much of the juicy stuff we discuss here on ATS.

I had experienced much stuff.. from inside the womb.. I was a "natural", but I still had so much stuff mixed up.

My old spiritual buddies thought I was crazy to come here.

I called "coming here" my 'secret project"..

They kept wanting to pull me back into "reality creation journeys to other dimensions" and Advaita and all the other stuff.

But the "wave" led me here.

Anyway..

I just love discussing the control loop.. that thread got me thinking about it.

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Funny you should bring that up, I was just revisiting one of Gut's threads the other day -
- it was the one on 'Electromagnetism, UFOs, and weaponization of alien tech' (please forgive me not posting link - I hate doing links, takes me forever)

That thread got into so much info, even touched on the 'Fae' aspect of it all.

And re: Something you mentioned in this thread a few posts back - about pursuing 'spirituality'/enlightenment vs 'living life' -

- I agree to a large extent...I never understood the whole Buddhist 'thing' about sitting around meditating in an attempt to 'transcend' this life...

...to me, 'real' enlightenment has to do with attending to one's spirituality in order to make 'living' this life a richer, more fulfilling experience.
At least, that has been/is the intention of all my spiritual 'journeying'.

edit on 6-2-2016 by lostgirl because: grammar

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've seen a tall white girl in a white dress ghost recently. Does anyone know what that means?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Nope, but The Hollies saw a long, cool woman in a black dress? I bet that doesn't help much, though.

eta: but that brings up afterlife attire... I wonder who does the stitching? I saw that guy in a cheesy black cape and the only guess was some Spanish friar from the 1500's or something similar, but ghost ladies in white is as common as ghosts can be... I await a folklorist to illuminate further.

edit on 2/6/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Its really "As below" so above.

Until you learn to play in the mud, you will never soar the skies.

I really needed to experience that strange mixture of insanity and pain which is ATS, to confront my own black sludge monster and heal it.

Kev

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Hello there, can you tell us more about your story and what you think it meant? Where did you see her, what were you doing, how did you feel?
Forgive all the questions, I'm a curious soul.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Can I bore you with crow lore?

Loads of Celtic stories about crows being souls of the dead reincarnated - my great aunt had one who visited her window ledge every day for years, and she swore it was her departed husband. They might have arisen from really ancient stories about the constellation Corvus.

If one recalls the Celtic belief that souls become birds, then Bran’s soul becomes a raven and his burial place, Bran’s tumulus, is now the site of the Tower of London. Tradition tells us that if the ravens desert the Tower, then the land will fall to foreign invaders, giving us an entertaining story and direct link back to Celtic mythology and the starry sky as the constellation of Corvus, the Crow, or “Bran’s raven” as the ancient Britons knew it.

www.lablit.com...

They're very clever birds though and they do seem to have both otherwordly and human qualities.
edit on 7-2-2016 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Heck,if i HAD to incarnate Here,if there was no conceivable choice,i would love to be a bird,especially a crow,raven or owl. Ravens and crows are so deeply wonderful,owl too,i absolute adore and revere them.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I've got an owl here who utterly despises me.
It sits in a tree outside my house and screams violently when I go past it. I used to rebuke it, but it didn't do any good. I wonder who it is?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

That got my attention: as below,so above..

Although i don't think i mean it in the context you do,i have found that Earth does call to Sky. In my own personal journey,i have found,at times when i've lived incredibly close to Earth for extended periods,and yes,including literally playing in the mud (i love foraging for crystals and getting my hands into the soil itself) that there was a dramatic increase in sightings of ufo's,sky spirits and strange+wondrous sky /aerial phenomena. So for me personally,i have found in That specific context,Earth calls down Sky,if i'm expressing it correctly. Just a phrase that popped into my head in one of those periods.
edit on 7-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Sorry that made me giggle wildly,apologies,i realise it propably cannot always be pleasant
Just i get these mental pics,and i got this one of a woman and an owl glaring balefully at each other,shooting each other looks that could curdle petrol

Well they all have personalities,even plants do,so i think you have a grumpy old man or querulous old dame. Some things are just more ornery than others. Like i said,even with plants i've found that. You know..here's something i would do,living in Africa,i would get a vuvuzela and every time it screamed at me like that,i'd blow the vuvu

But i can be very mischievous,idk if you'd want to do that

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

And back to homework... as I am a coffee wired drunk right now, I've nothing else to distract me.

"Who becomes enlightened?"

And "what is enlightenment?"

Okay, Is the thing that is the "who" that changes toward "enlightenment" the little drop of "us" partially remembering the larger reality? Partially?

I've always thought the process of enlightenment is remembering that one is much more in a huger whole and also just a portion of the larger consciousness following along a possible permutation running in the totality of the all possible ... I decided to use colloquialisms and common language not just to attempt accessibility, but more importantly, I've forgotten the actual philosophical, meta-physical and mathematical terms for all that!

Seeing a glimpse of a larger picture and then modifying the behaviors back down "here" as a result... not that they matter, that much, in the incomprehensible hugeness that is actually simple.

In a more practical, earthy aspect, I've been seen as robotic, or that emotions don't seem to effect me like others... and it's not because I don't feel them, as I am still an animal prone to emotional response and chemicals, but I was taught to step back and observe the whys of the behavior and the context, and whether I could change it or not, and then whether a show of emotion was useful or useless... and that seems a little "Spocky" but what can ya' do?

I never claimed to be enlightened, anyway, and how can one grasp something they are not? Leave me alone! (heh)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Of course, your false modesty is noted, appreciated and chuckled at... Bean, you couldn't bore me if you were really trying.

I have a good Welsh quarter that latches onto Celtic lore like a life preserver... and even the other portions of my dna find it wonderful. Thanks for that and as far as pieces of ourselves being everywhere and sometimes remembering when they were something else, as a crow remembering the man-dream.. .totally.

Big stories of birds as death omens in my family... lots of "old Aunt Sarah got that peck on the window and then -pffft- dead," stories abound.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

An ornery Owl... heh.. .I had a Redwing Blackbird that had such a good sense of it's territory that I could stand and take a step and watch as it launched itself at me, then step back and it would return to it's nest. The few times I was first taught the boundaries of that territory were memorable.. .picture a kid holding his "Big Golden Book" over his bleeding scalp and running.

edit on 2/7/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join