It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

.but My grandma was a full blood medicine woman...I am bloodline if say.

What nation?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Lakota Sioux from South Dakota.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
One thing people should know is not to trust what's called a "plastic" medicine man; people who aren't Indian and yet play Indian like they know the ancient ways. You get people like that guy who ran the "sweat lodge" where that woman died a few years ago. Plastic medicine men are so full of BS I'm surprised they're not covered by flies.

edit on 5-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

ETA: This has actually been on my mind for a while. I heard somebody say something in some movie and it made me shake my head.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Cool deal. I worked with a woman from Rose Bud. She was a cool lady.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yah...fake ass new ager frauds trying to make a quick buck.

I may not be 'traditional' but its in my blood and I've never asked 1 red cent from anyone.

Kev

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

My grandma lived there for a while.

Kev

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I may not be 'traditional' but its in my blood and I've never asked 1 red cent from anyone.

Good deal. I've run into a few that do. They were con artists.

By the way (and really off topic) I just noticed your signature. It reminds me of the movie Clerks 2. If you've never seen it, you're better off not knowing why lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I only saw the original Clerks. I will take your advice and not catch the sequel!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's not that the sequel sucks or anything. It's actually really funny. It's just one scene where they have a "pony show". I won't go into more detail about the scene because 1) spoilers and 2) I might get banned. Let's just say that the guy who was putting on the show said that Kelly can be a guy's name too.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I see the slug and 2 skulls(2nd one more vague, to the right and below from the top one
)Fabulous photo!!!

@beansidhe - the photo you posted of the horse-wave too-magnificent!
edit on 6-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I also adore crows and ravens,i make a lot of art featuring ravens.What's that old saying, i think it goes: "Raven lives in the void from where it sees past,present and future"

Where i live there is this pair of enormous black+white crows,oh its a Joy to see them.Always lifts my spirits they're magnificent.They've kept in this area for years.

I once had a very weird+ wonderful experience with a small flock of black birds(not ravens) with bright orange beaks.I was sitting in my special place,its a compact,immensely wild and overgrown part of my front garden, total jungle.

I used to spend a large part of each day in there, since homeschooling my son i don't have so much time,but i still enjoy sometimes going in there and just being with nature.

So that day, around 2012 iirc, im sitting in the deepest part of this lil jungle,just communing with nature,my sitting-place would be on a rock in a lil "cavern" created by the boughs of a thorn tree dragging to the ground.A taller tree is situated next to it,it towers over the thorn tree and the wild aloe bushes.

Then this small flock of birds arrived,one after the other.They congrgated on the branches if the taller tree,some of them 3-4 next to each other,some slightly apart.It reminds me always when i think of it,of spectators at a sports game.They were All watching me intently from the moment they sat down- and they were "talking" to me,squawks of course, im not Dr Dolittle but it was obvious they were talking to/at me- all the while watching me intently,as if Concentrating on me.

Went on for a few minutes,i was just watching them back,it was quite the awesome experience. Then suddenly they all flew off, the whole lil flock together,must've been about 20+ birds if i estimated correctly.

Still don' t know what that was all about but it was unforgettable.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It is my first time talking to someone who actually is in "the game" about the science of the Self almost for their whole life. And this is great opportunity for me. who knows where I will meet another person with similar goals...

I would like to ask another question if you don't mind. If you do, than you can just ignore this...I don't mind, you have already shared so much I cannot thank you enough.

What is your opinion about nada yoga or specifically about nadis? Some people can hear nadis during meditation or even all the time. I can hear them also, especially when I do some pranayama before meditation. Well at least I think the source of sounds are nadis, at least from many description available on the net. this is my conclusion for now.

What do you say about meditation on the nadi sounds and what are they?
For now the more I meditate on them, the more pitch of the sounds changes. And sometimes I also hear (bee) buzzing or birds (only one time) in deep meditation. My experiance about them is not unpleasant. I am thankful for them. As for now they help me a lot with concentration and silence.

But I want to get to the bottom of them and experiance what are they in reality. I feel there are a few surprises in store for me regarding them. : )

Also what is Bindu from your experiance and how would you describe it?
edit on 1454760287204February042042916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
It's not that the sequel sucks or anything. It's actually really funny. It's just one scene where they have a "pony show". I won't go into more detail about the scene because 1) spoilers and 2) I might get banned. Let's just say that the guy who was putting on the show said that Kelly can be a guy's name too.

You made me *shudder* at "Pony Show"!

By bye signature line.

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

It is my first time talking to someone who actually is in "the game" about the science of the Self almost for their whole life. And this is great opportunity for me. who knows where I will meet another person with similar goals...

I would like to ask another question if you don't mind. If you do, than you can just ignore this...I don't mind, you have already shared so much I cannot thank you enough.

What is your opinion about nada yoga or specifically about nadis? Some people can hear nadis during meditation or even all the time. I can hear them also, especially when I do some pranayama before meditation. Well at least I think the source of sounds are nadis, at least from many description available on the net. this is my conclusion for now.

What do you say about meditation on the nadi sounds and what are they?
For now the more I meditate on them, the more pitch of the sounds changes. And sometimes I also hear (bee) buzzing or birds (only one time) in deep meditation. My experiance about them is not unpleasant. I am thankful for them. As for now they help me a lot with concentration and silence.

But I want to get to the bottom of them and experiance what are they in reality. I feel there are a few surprises in store for me regarding them. : )

Also what is Bindu from your experiance and how would you describe it?

Let me dispel a little more "hero worship" for you here.. as isn't "enlightenment" the dispelling of "ignorance"?

Yes, I've been "in the game" 100% of my life. But you said it yourself "game". Spiritual games are the most repugnant for me personally, as they tend to point away from LIFE, and LIFE is the entire point. Do you see how silly that is?

But admittedly, this whole "spirituality thing" came to be, in it's modern form at least, as a backlash against the "demon" of the "patriarchy" which is destroying all life on Earth (through the broken mind of humanity).

Now why is the mind of humanity "broken" so that all of us spend all this time either trying to think, feel, and experience differently, or actually live that way somewhat?

It has multiple reasons, some rather "mundane", such as the greed of the 1% is sucking all the life out of normal people.. (but the affliction the 1% have is still "spiritual" - their minds happen to be ESPECIALLY broken)..

But the core problem is that (as miss beadsidhe would say) we have '3 brains' (we have 4.. one more for science to find)..and humans barely use any of them, and generally none of them 'correctly' at all.

'We' as humans have forgotten how to use the richness of the non-verbal mind..and the "heart mind" in particular.. and we turn the innocent and pure "stomach mind" into a black sludge monster. The "Black hole mind" (where the babies live) is way beyond the scope of this particular conversation.

Now.. so-called "savages" were not savage. They weren't all enlightened either.. (that's the fallacy of the golden age), but at least they used more of their brains more correctly.

Then the asshole woman-hating, world-hating patriarchical "deities" came along, and then the "Davinci's perfect man" started to become destroyed.

Now as to Nadi Sounds..

The human mind is a virtual reality generator. If you want to hear sounds.. you will hear sounds.

Now, is there a little something to "ida, pingali and sushumna" - yah. But not in the sense you might like.. They loosely correspond to the human nervous system.. but focusing upon them is twaddle. You'll never "build a functioning sushuman" going about it that way.

As I keep saying, and people in general (even my friends here) the ancient lore is horribly corrupted. That is bad news for them, as they can't just google their "enlightenment" then. That makes people angry and frustrated, so some of them just proclaim that they are "already all that". Whatever gets you through the night..

Now "Bindu" is a slightly more helpful concept. I'll probably butcher the "traditional teachings" on that however; but it doesn't matter.. it's crap.

One can talk about the red and white drops from Buddhism if they want.. they are "Bindu" I suppose.. (male and female essence).

One can talk about the "granthi" (knots) which re often confused with Bindu (points).

I myself spent a lot of time on dissolving "knots", and the knowledge of inner "obstructions" is in fact the very essence of "kundalini" and "enlightenment"... if you want to play that game.

It's still a game you see.. "enlightenment" is the most deceptive game to play of all.

The very shouting of "I'm free! I'm free!" deceives you utterly.

Now I'm going to take a huge liberty here and spit in the face of yoga. But I can get away with that, as I'm old, crotchety, have nothing to gain nor lose.. and I walk the walk not just babble about nonsense.

Yes, yoga is about a "union"; but it's not "with the divine".

Yoga is the art of inviting the two lovers to nest more fully in your body (they already do) and to ripen an "egg" from the base of your spine, and consciously "hatch it" and watch it grow in your body.

ALL the yoga crap.. the postures.. the mudras, the breathing.. the concentrating on 'chakras' (no such thing).. the (and this will hurt some of my friends) "service to others" is all part of this process.

It has nothing to do with "you" or with "god".

But.

When the "child is birthed" then in actuality, a high human purpose is served.. and as a side-effect, the preparation of the birthing chamber, puts the 4 human brains into harmony.. and as a SIDE EFFECT, you may say if you wish to play the foolish enlightenment game.. the human is changed as well.. put back to a more "right" configuration.

I hope that helps.

This thread is I suspect, the only one on Earth, past or present, where you will hear the 'real story', not the corruption.

Or I'm full of it. I don't care which you believe.

It's quite silly as Baddogma has said.. that we re reduced to "this".

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I have to admit.

I was 'scared' to put on my big boy shaman pants, and come here to spit in the eye of the entire world..

All this 'conflict' is indeed bringing out of me what *I* needed to finish learning.

Now.. whether what *I* needed to finish learning is worth a crap for anyone else.. is almost besides the point.

I have become at peace with my entire past life, who I am right now, and my coming death (I have a severe health issue that I can't heal.. oh I might live 10 more years.. maybe even 20.. but it's not going to be pretty how i die).

So I've finished understanding.. gone from what was all scary plasma parasite talk (which was certainly 'true' from a certain perspective).. to

a more wholesome, and I feel accurate understanding.

There is nothing more conducive than 'teaching', to learn the material oneself.

Thank you.

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Hug to you,Kev..and who knows,maybe you go in your sleep.May it be soft,your leaving this place.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I think sometimes we can choose how we leave the world.

My grandmother got in an argument with my aunt on Christmas Eve, the gist of which revolved around my aunt telling my grandmother she couldn't have ham because of health reasons. My aunt got mad and said something to the effect of "If you drop dead I'll step right over you" and my grandmother said "Well get to steppin!" and went to bed.

She then died, apparently peacefully, in her sleep from a massive heart attack. Perhaps it was deliberate in some conscious or unconscious way, perhaps not, but it makes me wonder.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

thanks for the long response, a lot of interesting info!

For now I will skip the first part of the post and focus on the nadis. Maybe later I will respond with another post to your other points. But they seem on the spot and I agree with them for the most part, so this will probably not happen : )

About the nadis. it seems you are not found of them, but I have a different opinion.

If anything I would want it to go away, as I can hear it all the time. And hearing in my left ear is not so good becouse of it, but the doctors say this is tinnitus...well this is B# for me : )

I had this sound within me long before I started to meditate. But after long time I figured out during meditation, that this sound can help me focus and than it started changing, the deeper I went during meditation.

Before I started meditating and other spiritual games, I also thought it was tinnitus and only after I discovered that this sounds can change the pitch I started to do research and than I stumbled on nadi yoga information.

let just say that for now it holds some truths and nothing to do with desire. I have never wanted to hear this sounds after all, it was spontaneous thing for me before meditation.

The information on the Bindu is very interesting. But since I lack experiance for now, I cannot say much more.

well for what it counts I feel that you are talking from the heart. So it is your subjective truth from experiance, you are writing. But Is this truth also universal or just another illusion or trap you caught yourself into?
Dunno, but I appreciate you sharing it very much and I intend to figure it out by own experiance sooner or later. Kundalini will happen when it will and I guess until than all I have to do is practice ... until I make "a baby".

: )
edit on 1454776689238February382382916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Tinnitus.

I had the same experience as You.

Not everything is 'mystical'.

Kev

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Hug to you,Kev..and who knows,maybe you go in your sleep.May it be soft,your leaving this place.

I appreciate your heart.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join