It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

And Selkie's are generally thought to follow and obey Manannán mac Lir

I, however tend to be more partial to the Morríghan. The whole life/death thing you know.
edit on 5-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hmmmm. Yummy rich lore.

So much that could be discussed.

Kev

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The crow is another of my Ladies famous forms.

She misses the worship.

It's one of the reasons she sometimes appears as UFOs..which as has been proven 100 fold on ATS to be a new religion.

Kev

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

In an effort to look at all possible explanations I just googled a bunch of stuff on epileptic seizures. Don't get those. But it's interesting how the phenomena is similar in some ways.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Here's Manannan's horse visiting England during the recent storms. This photo is incredible, I just love it:

edit on 5-2-2016 by beansidhe because: pic

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I want to write a little more in depth to your post cause I agree with much of it. However it will have to be later this weekend cause it will take some time for me to formulate. Just wanted to get back to you to let you know I intend to respond

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I think some people tend to "open the way" more for some kinds of local phenomena than others. In my case it was always linked with whatever emotional state I was going through. The house I grew up in wasn't haunted on it's own, but things sure came through anyway in my crazy/teen years. My mother was very happy when I moved out and all the weirdness vanished, lol.

I'm not surprised at the reaction to those totems. When people spend any amount of time or possibly multiple generations adding layers of directed thought/emotion to objects, as is likely with that sort of object, things are bound to get strange sooner or later. It would be interesting if you could find any mythological or historical associations related to those things.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

It may be conducive for temporary entities to avoid titles and names, but this would mean that things Permanent and True would have a powerful substantial name. Perhaps this is why Jesus refers to his "name" so often, and insists we ask for things in his name: "and whatever ye may ask in my name, I will do". Also interesting to note that people in the Bible would name their children after the various events and circumstances that coincided with their birth.

I suppose he was of that Iron Age era where these stories would have been passed around the same as now. The concept may well have been known to the authors of the Bible and there may well be huge relevance to Jesus asking for things in his name.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

That place connection to haunting phenom fascinates me... folks dying in a beloved, long time home and thus sticking around makes sense... or a briefly lived in place of murder/suicide... battlefields, prisons, hospitals, mental wards and hospices, funeral homes (though less haunted in general- maybe 'cause the passing is done elsewhere) are all places where the unexplained makes itself known... but why physical places as the "dead" are nonphysical as we know it?

I've thought it must have to do with their personal mental constructs... also why some can't seem to pass physical walls, but physical properties like quartz under pressure and underground streams (and the resultant EM fields) are pretty definitely connected, too... though I wonder if spirits are EM or just effect EM?

Places of intense worship, and arcane, unknown metaphysical works, like with the Mayans as mentioned, or with megalithic stone circles, is another factor.

Also, there are the places that are weird for undetermined reasons... like Edinburgh U.K. for one, the Hudson Valley, N.Y. and Sedona and my city, Tucson both in AZ, and there is another on the lower Eastern seaboard where friends have all commented on it's heavy, unmistakable atmosphere... Raleigh, NC is it? Or Savannah GA? Charlotte? Heh, darned memory.

The old "Ley Lines" energetic grid ideas may well have some validity as places where the dimensions/frequencies make bleed through easier. One could muse for decades and not get a solid answer... or I have, anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

I 100% agree with regard to the totums. These were much like the prior poster who grew up in South Africa. Authentic and real deal totums carrying whatever has been imparted on it. Like I said I don't think my dad was even legally supposed to have them.

It makes me wonder if the property had high levels of certain "spiritually" conductive material in the soil or bedrock that acted like a amplifier for whatever. See my family had bad experiences in that house, maybe due to the totums and other stuff.

The next guy to move in may have had some things happen too, cause his career tanked the second he moved in and recovered a little after he left. He had similar experiences. The two owners of the property after the above mentioned guy moved out did a lot of reworking and remodeling. Their careers were skyrocketing. I wonder if what they brought to the house- Good emotional states, vibes (being a uprising celebrity could do that) amplified the positive. Cause the house sure doesn't look haunted if you see it in articles and it's gorgeous nowadays. When I lived there it had peeling paint and wasn't kept up well.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Awesome photo... I have seen some weeeeird moving animation like scenes in clouds where there wasn't a scrap of illicit substances to blame (and uncounted instances where illicit three letter chems were most definitely a factor, but I don't usually talk about that stuff because it's so unsure, or liminal.. . also 'cause we cannot here!).

The biggie was when I went outside, looked up into the evening, partially overcast sky and saw a huge face made of clouds with incredible definition that started mouthing words and with each word seemingly uttered, the wind would pick up... that one almost made me lose my cool, heh.

There is also a huge mountain side outside of town in a place called Sabino Canyon where an old Indian face appears some nights... the details are incredible and other times, he just doesn't show ... believe or not, heh.

edit on 2/5/2016 by Baddogma because: added descriptive elements

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Totems and tribal masks have my utmost respect.. . almost as much as burial grounds and human remains in general. Uncounted weirdness is attributed to them, not much of it is "good" though.. .likely because of tribal societies decimated by Western culture.

I have a Voodoo packet made by the then "Queen of Voodoo" in New Orleans that protected my door for a long time, and then I peaked into it to see what was in it, not knowing that it supposedly "let the trapped spirit out that was bound to it" and the weirdness was epic.

I was later glad to have let the maybe spirit guy out as anyone bound to a bag just to protect me seemed selfish.

But that stuff and witchcraft in general has more oomph than I once thought... and the effects I noticed happened without my slightest scrap of belief to "help."

So...?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A little off topic, but matches your post. This pic was taken on the Great Lakes.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Actually, directly on topic... cool.'

Aside from the obvious nostrils and snail antenna on the right, there are detailed feet and a couple profiles under the nostrils.. .heh... pareidolia or...?

eta: and my "nostrils on a face leaning back," are your "skull" heh

edit on 2/5/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/5/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That looks like a giant slug or snail breaking through the water. Run!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That is absolutely beautiful. The stars, the sea and the mountains all remind us of how very small we are in this world. Are there any stories about white horses or such like round the area?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
haha do any of you see the skull?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
haha do any of you see the skull?

To me that "skull" looks like a yeti Face. Got a cone head. Fuzzy white hair and big soft black eyes. Oh, and a cute gorilla nose.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Geology could affect things as well, I believe, although my experience in that area is mostly limited to the materials used in certain kinds of jewelry. I think a large amount of the new age ideas about crystals and the like aren't quite accurate, but I do think some materials alter the patterns of energy flow, in both environments and individuals.

Then there's the concept of ley lines as BD mentioned. Based on my own experiences I think they exist, but whether it's something that we're currently unable to directly detect like dark energy or some weird quirk of the background em-spectrum, or something else entirely, I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

No chemical talk it is then.

There is also a huge mountain side outside of town in a place called Sabino Canyon where an old Indian face appears some nights... the details are incredible and other times, he just doesn't show ... believe or not, heh.

I do believe. I love rocks, as dull as that sounds. Apparently the Neolithic rock carvings of animals were brought out from the rock, rather than scratched in. So the firelight playing off the walls, of an evening, would actually bring out the crevices and undulations of the stone and the animal would suggest itself. All the human artist had to do was add an outline here or there and define the creature a little more distinctly.
Have you got any photos of your man or is he one of these things that won't come out in photos?

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join