It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I stared your second post because it is well said and true. But that is just basic nature observation. On the other hand, sure why not. I have a tendency to make things overly complicated, but ultimately you're right: the meaning of life is to die.
Like in the bushido tradition, you are energy and with your last breath, you finish your contribution. Surrender to the Chi.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Things are a little more complicated than I'm saying. But if someone is already on fire, I'm not going to throw more gasoline on them.

There is a fabulous possible future for humans, but corrupted spirituality is part of the problem, not the solution.

I'm convinced that the mechanism called "Kundalini" can not only be demonstrated in a lab, but that Kundalini Psychosis can become a recognized and treatable ailment.

After all the gods die, then maybe humans can join the other species and be truly happy.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What if the Kundalini Psychosis is something you have to experience to become fully human? Almost all cultures had that at some point, to go out in the woods, throw some herbs and 'shrooms, go through extremes like pain, sleep deprivation and so on. What if that is the true problem, the viable thing the mental castrates took from us?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The thing that's awesome about Kundalini yoga, is that its designed to birth, mature and kill a soul in a single lifetime.

And it does it primarily using identifiable portions of the body---there is in fact very little hocus pocus involved.

It would be a shame for this most ancient and noble of spiritual sciences to die out of the world...what with the great majority of living humans being affected by at least MHS, if not actual Kundalini psychosis.

I've noted many Christians on ATS presenting full blown Kundalini Psychosis as well.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Indeed.

The psychosis is inevitable at this point in human evolution. It is a species-wide weakness.

It takes a Herculean effort to escape it.

Maybe after 90% of humans die off...some of the survivors will have a more stable genetic inheritance.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Kundalini rides on sexual energies, right?

And i wouldn't say escape it but embrace it. You have to serve before you rule, you have to become god before you can access immortality. There isnothing dangerous about it, the real danger is the ones so detached they can't tell a dream from reality anymore, or which think they got back up universes all over the place.
We can and we will die. Or think they are part of an immortal super being, while in reality, we create this being and it will die with us. Immortality just is another word for "a very long time".

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Sorry, I guess I could have worded that better.

I just think souls are like a body in the sense that it's a energy-construct that the mind inhabits. It's something used to interact with the environment we happen to be in, whether it's some kind of afterlife environment or the normal world during an OBE, similar to the way we inhabit our physical bodies and use it to interact with this world.

I have no idea whether Kev's entirely right in the sense that we create them for other minds to inhabit or not, but if it's true then I think we must shape something like a tulpa with a similar function as needed, generally in the form we're most comfortable with, as it seems most people look like themselves while experiencing other states of being.

I'm only familiar with lucid dreaming, but I think sometimes we have OBE's without being conscious of it. One time my wife woke up and saw me walkng out of the bedroom, then rolled over and bumped into my body and freaked herself out a bit, so the dividing line between states of being must be pretty thin regardless.

Also, while lucid dreaming I know it's possible to reshape the form you wear into something else or shed it entirely and become a conscious point of awareness, whatever that's worth. Perhaps that just means that the "soul" is more malleable than most people might believe, though.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Sexual energies are 1/4 of it.

And yes..I'm embracing Kundalini..now that I seem to be free-ish of the psychosis.

What happens is that to begin the dance with Kundalini that you need to become a hermit.

But if you stay a hermit, you boil in your own juices and go insane.

In a perfect world you go out and rejoin nature and culture and serve them. (As in the oxherder pictures).

That keeps away the psychosis.

Really it's like spiritual cabin fever.

Kev

edit on 29-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Now I got you and I fully agree. The division is an artificial construct and never was meant to be as strong as it is in our modern culture, which is something we really need to overcome.
Once you open your mind far enough you feel like getting "transparent". And it is an overwhelming experience to see you're not just one, you're the whole. Still the individual exists,the ego has an important function and the soul is something dangerous. But the key is the dance, becoming a borderline dancing artist...
If you neglect the one the other will bite you.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

I truly love your honesty.

The most powerfull and dangerous part of "Kundalini Yoga" closes off the "flow" and hyper concentrates the "mixture of 4 parts" until it boils and starts to glow.

After a while the Tulpa (soul...all souls are tulpas) gets ferociously alive and potent.

Now its very educational to do this...but hardly anybody does it right by becoming "Intellectually enlightened" first.

So the tulpa becomes quite toxic.

It's rather ironic...people do Kundalini to become enlightened....

But if you aren't already "enlightened" you will royally screw the pooch.

You wind up with religion and a devastated world.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I love being a hermit. I love my cabin fever.
And nobody has cracked the riddle yet, so till that happens and we will truly rise to the next level, you are serving your purpose even if it is not physically tangible. But that is the beauty in it, it doesn't need to, thoughts are energy and no energy goes wasted.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What riddle hasn't been cracked?

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

edit on 29-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The universe, life and everything. As far as I can tell we are still all sucked up in individual theories, but the unifying aspect hasn't been found yet. Is god real, if it is what is it? Do we have a soul, if so what is it?
What should be part of our mythology what is just bs? How do we get through the gates of evolution? Is immortality even possible? And if so what does it even mean?
Are there coexisting dimensions, or not? And if so, how does it work? Is there a recipe to protect you from bias while searching the answers, if so what is it?
Where did all the different gods come from, or are they just aspects of one force? What is this force, how do you get tuned in and can you bend it to follow your will?
The unified spiritual theory...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I know what I need to know to get off my ass and be productive.

I suspect that's as far as it can ever get.

Don't wish to catch God naked and served up on a platter to greedy, grasping and insane humanity.

Look at the hell world that we have created with what little we know.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I could answer all of these questions myself, but i'd hardly find two people to agree with me.
There are people swearing demons and angels are real?! How is that even remotely possible? If I talk about archons i mean the entities you can channel, the ones playing tricks on our mind and i chose the term as the least tainted, but that doesn't make them anything more than tulpas, or products of my own mind.
So I guess the real question is, where does my mind end? And is there even something "out there" at all, because it is not measurable, not recordable, not subsumable. At times it feels like it is just thin air. All spirituality is just fantasy, fiction. Other times it fells of dire importance. What is the truth?
I know you hate these kind of questions. Sorry. And they are impossible to answer.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I know what I need to know to get off my ass and be productive.

I suspect that's as far as it can ever get.

Don't wish to catch God naked and served up on a platter to greedy, grasping and insane humanity.

Look at the hell world that we have created with what little we know.

Kev

Well said. And at the same time time, it feels like the problem is the solution. It wouldn't be like that if a true awakening, which is just a myth in itself, would occur.
Sorry if I bother you, I am sipping Port while writing and it makes me chatty. Partey
Soooo, the key question is, how do you make myths real? The fallen angels is that us? An anticipated prophecy?
How about the self-fullfilling prophecy thing does that work both ways? If we could create a religion full of this world is Eden would it help? Instead of focusing on an afterlife, which may or may not exist.
I want to start a religion...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No you don't.

There is no such thing as a positive religion.

And I don't know anyone wise enough to feed back into the control loop properly.

The patient is terminal and beyond saving.

Of course I'm going to take one action...my best shot..so that I can look at myself into the mirror.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don't hate these questions.

And my answer is that we need to test some of this in a lab.

Which is doable.

Now mind you it won't be done.

But just like in Isaac Asimov's foundation series...it should be possible to plant some healthy seeds for the future.

Kev

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Whatever consciousness is, maybe it runs in planck-scale quantum interstices that our current technology can't measure.

If nothing else, technology seems to be heading towards the possibility of having our minds linked up in something like the internet. If it becomes possible to upload/download or otherwise experience another person's memories, some of the weirder experiences may be able to be studied in a different light. Or if nothing else, technology could act as a way to get around the usual ego/consciousness-filters. Technology could be a bad thing in ways, but I think the species might treat each other and nature better if we were all wired up in a way that lets us directly experience all the different facets of the biosphere.

Anyway, I don't think it's likely mankind will evolve in a way that lets us answer the big questions on it's own, but perhaps if technology advances enough or gets used in different ways we may figure some things out. I think any truly unified theory would encompass what we call spirituality and standard/quantum physics.

If we can integrate things enough, we all may have to toss out or revise a lot of our favorite labels. For now I think we're stuck with bias to one degree or another as long as we're each experiencing everything from our own particular frame of reference. At best, perhaps all we can do is try to remain open-minded until sometimes changes.

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join