It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'm glad you understand.

Accepting uncomfortable truths is the beginning of "intellectual enlightenment".

Its a guardian of the gate far more potent than all the archons and demons put end to end between here and the Sun.

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

There is something real though...and that's my project. Its possible to escape from spirituality and to find the real.

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

After all the teasers i hope you finish it and share, once it is bearing fruits.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

After all the teasers i hope you finish it and share, once it is bearing fruits.

Well the problem with such proclamations, is that in truth, it is very difficult to write for a general audience.

Spiritual people and other societal misfits cover a vast tableau.

The project I'm working on at this time might make sense to only a very small audience.

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm interested in the real and actual nature of the "crazy making mechanism", not any of the generated craziness (metaphysics, spirituality, theosophy, religion, etc.).

Those are just the contents of the little red wagon...I'm interested in the wagon itself.

In the interests of as much transparency as I may afford, I contacted two separate organizations with which I worked, or at least regularly communicated, and after 20+ years neither will "bless me to proceed", even though neither has accomplished anything in more than 30 years. This included my old mentor who regularly raves about the quality of my mind---but its never enough you see--I will never fill the shoes of the old dead holy man/men..and they would rather the entire purpose of their lives slip away into obscurity. It's rather like how the Catholic church only saints the safely dead.

I must soon decide to retract my word not to write regarding the subject I find utterly fascinating and of world importance or to keep my word.

And should I "break my word", I have to decide how many lives I'm willing to damage as a result, in order to attempt a worthwhile action.

I'm probably going to have to do the much ballyhooed leave ATS for a while, to setup for the decision.

I hope that was at least partially informative.

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Okay, I get what you're saying now...

You know, I do agree that the book, "The Fall" has a valid view of civilization's contribution to the 'insanity' of mankind, but I think there's more complexity to the problem than the book allows for...

...It seems to me that there is some other 'factor' involved in driving the human race insane - I mean, they are finding that so much propensity for mental illness is in our genetics, and then there's the 'self propagating' insanity which is the 'legacy' of child abuse that is so often passed along generationally (parents literally driving their children insane).

I just think that if the rise of civilization was the only 'source' of mental affliction in humanity, we would have 'stopped' at a specific point of 'degree of insanity' (more like merely neurosis), rather than continuing to grow more and more insane over time...

...and now over the last couple centuries, it's not just 'insanity' - humans are becoming increasingly brainwashed as well.

Maybe I'm wrong, but looking at history and the progression of illogical, unreasoning, 'insane' behavior in humans - the extremes of greed, the excessive materialism, etc., the 'willful' blindness to the damage those things are doing to the environment and society -

- there seems to be a pattern where you see certain times in history when we almost started to 'improve', we almost started behaving wisely, and then you see how 'something' happens to undo the progress that had been made and things start going down hill even faster than they had been..

...and I can't help but think that you wouldn't have a pattern like that unless there was some 'outside influence' causing this continuing spiral into insanity..

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Well your final paragraph is related to my project;
But not in any "standard crazy metaphysical sort of way."

I'm basically choosing to lop off 80% of the stuff which has hindered me, to focus on that 20%, which I hope will tell the "true story" that Steve Taylor, spirituality and religion has gotten wrong.

To distinguish it from "all the standard crazy" it has to be at least partly replicable in a scientific lab at some point.

But to maintain the extreme focus that I require, and not let my concentration be diluted and frittered away on ATS (unfortunately one of the side effects of ATS---to prevent useful interaction and actions...but all the social media has that effect).

I will need to go into hermitage once I start.

But nobody in this thread would necessarily benefit anyway...most people want the crazy not knowledge of the crazy delivery system.

Kev
edit on 1-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Well, we've given the darker aspects of ourselves 200,000 years or more to grow and enshroud this world rather than looking in the mirror, in a collective species-wide sense. Any outside influence that might want to mess with us wouldn't have to work very hard.

Rather than realizing that we as individuals and as whole societies can be worse than any devils ever dreamt up and dealing with it in an appropriate psychological fashion we either suppress that side of our nature or embrace it, and the end result is never good.

I'm sure The Fall is an enlightening book and we've certainly scaled up our insanity over the last 6,000 years or so, but I think it's always been a part of what it is to be human.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

Good insight.

But there was a balance which has been lost that has drastically made things worse on a neurological level.

Having destroyed ALL our "safeguard systems", it's no surprise how history has unfolded.

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well, I'm very curious now as to what 'method' you will be utilizing in your 'hermitage' in order to get the "true story"...

...and of course, I would like to know what that 'truth' is, once you discover it!

I think most of the people posting in this thread would prefer "knowledge" of the "delivery system" over more of "the crazy" it delivers...

I understand if you don't wish to post any details of the above, though.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Very interesting, but hard to investigate. I can't find it right now, but I think i read, religion and schizophrenia cause brain activity in the same region.
But it won't leave a source code.
I guess it's save to say it's not aliens. But a "strange" interaction. Ancestoral spirits? Unembodied "souls"?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

There is one simple rule: take responsibility for your actions!
If that would be held dear by everybody, things would improve.
Right now it is more a "don't get caught" mentality. In combination with people not thinking about the impact their "outside inspired" actions have.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

We may surprise you

In your book it sounds to me like you will be including an 'expose' on Kundalini, amongst others I'm sure.

Explaining what happens to you as you go through the process and why it causes so many people issues?

Which in turn would provide a sort of 'how to kundalini safely' - what is required for a safe passage ....

At the very least a 'how not to' would provide a lot of clues.

Exploring why so many people are looking for it? (which to me shows that we are not lost yet and can still turn things around.)

Although you do say you will be looking at the wagon rather than the contents so does that mean you will be looking at the 'nuts and bolts of the Universe' and how it hangs together rather than how to interact with it?

Would that include a 'map/model' of sorts as presumably you can't describe and explain something you can't define?

Will you mainly be looking at the 'dark' universe and how it affects our physical one and vice versa?

and oh so many more questions (as always)

I don't mean to badger you (well obviously I do
) and often my questions are just me framing my understanding and hoping to perhaps spark a thought/understanding in others.

Would also love to know what sort of experiments you are thinking of.

I can also understand why some (well lots) would not want you writing such a book for differing reasons but lets just stick with your 'guy'.

I would assume he and of course you would not want a repeat of that 'void lord' experience and if you were to provide a 'dummies guide' for all then all kinds of 'hell' could be let loose.

See by working through that it becomes clear (to me anyway) why such a book COULD be very dangerous and why you would choose to concentrate on 'your red wagon' but how can you explain that without showing the way in?

Would love to spend an evening round a fire with you folks, just bouncing ideas, looking at the stars and listening to the Universe. So somebody PUHLEASE explain how to manipulate matter at a quantum level and we can all just pick a spot somewhere in the middle of nowhere and meet there. (I'll bring a fire stick, tinder and some kindling to get it going)

Will stop my rambling again

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

cool post and thanks for the nice words.

We may each have very different views - it is obvious from this thread - many different opinions. But if one learn to read between the lines there can be detected much similarities. Different language, words etc...if we could get beyond this barrier I think we would realize that often times we, in general mean the same but, we are just using different words or explanations to express the same thing.

No, your Zen view is just fine if it helps you, it is good for you. Don't listen to me or others but the heart : )
And I feel like you already know how to do that, it shows in your posts, imho.

Also as long as there is desire for Self realization, experiance will show you this and not that which is the truth.

a good questions for self inquiry. If anyone maybe meditates in this way....
who has the desire?
Who am I?
who "dies" during true meditation?
who am I when I is dead?

: )

But in general I think shamanism, spirituality and all religions are like many rivers flowing in one big ocean ... and in each river there is a bit mud and garbage, but a bit of clean water also...so we can choose to swim in one river or we can try whole bunch of em and choose the one we like the most... or dig a new one : )
edit on 1456919302348March483483116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Very interesting, but hard to investigate. I can't find it right now, but I think i read, religion and schizophrenia cause brain activity in the same region.
But it won't leave a source code.
I guess it's save to say it's not aliens. But a "strange" interaction. Ancestoral spirits? Unembodied "souls"?

I've referenced how the human body acts as a "soul/god-generating machine". I suppose you guys haven't taken me that seriously on that claim. But if you understand "Kundalini" then you understand how that is not just another bogus statement.

Now I'm rather tired of playing with the souls/gods.. that same "enhancement" could go straight into a human animal that functions "properly".

Kev

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

No, your ramblings are good.

Yes, I'm pondering opening Pandora's box and seeing if the "small voice of hope" also comes out.

I'd never ponder such a thing, except (and here's an interesting note), the lid to Pandoras box has been opening slowly for some time, and has been accelerating for the past several hundred years.

And the reason is nothing cosmic, alien, or anything like that---it's relatively simple biology and psychology.

But the "relatively simple biology and psychology" has led to all the "cosmic, alien, mystical crazy stuff".

I'm rather fat and lazy, and this is going to be a ton of work. And the blow-back will be enormous.

Kev

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The past several hundred years have certainly seen our civilisations tear each other apart more efficiently both physically and non-physically as well as our planet and atmosphere.

I do think we are sprinting towards that point in our growth where it becomes inevitable that we either destroy ourselves and most of the life on our planet or we somehow slam the brakes on and back away from the abyss following a balanced lifestyle at minimum to start and hopefully moving forward in a more Universe positive way.

Now to suddenly open the box may help or hinder, maybe it has to open slowly or 'hope' is overwhelmed or perhaps it is being held closed and 'hope' is all that is left, struggling to escape.

I touched on this ages ago but the parallels between what you say and so much fantasy and fae literature is too coincidental to be coincidence, actually a lot of sci-fi too (or could just be the stuff i 'happen' to read)

Now I don't hold you to be the fountain of knowledge or a guru (you'll be thankful to hear) but I do find my own limited experiences and thoughts from reading, gel well with what you say. In fact i think most people here share a lot of general agreements but clearly differ on others - usually the detail but sometimes the bigger things.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No matter how fad & lazy you are, if you're meant to do it you will do it.
And i really didn't take it serious, the giving birth to a soul thing. Maybe i should have.
But i am still stuck on feeling special. Wth do i know.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Even if we are generally mistaken about our state, and are tools for birthing another race and what we apprehend as "us" is more a conglomerate, and not in actuality a single coherent intelligence, then so what? Our experience is as a deluded, cloudy intelligence at the mercy of our overshadowing "unconscious" ... so what changes?

You're still a wonderful snowflake... just made of more crystals than you thought and somewhat deluded about your actual state...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Forgive my "real" life needing attention ... howdy, and good typing to all....

But that brings me to one of the bazillion questions, Kev, that I've avoided asking because it must get tiring and I do NOT want to feed the delusion that you are any more (or less) than you are...

I'll state again that I have no clue if what you assert is true, partly true, or delusional twaddle, though my own guess is "partly to mostly true" from my own experiences and thoughts, but I gave that assessment to ol' secret spaceman and you laugh at that, so my own opinion may not be worth that much!

But, caveats done with, what is our consciousness made of, in your opinion... what's the percentage of unseen colony critters vs the brain's own contribution?

If tulpas are made and seem like our "soul" then why call it a tulpa and distinguish it apart? A conscious "woo" construct is still a construct... anyway, if possible, I've missed the nuance, and know you've addressed it, but I'm obviously missing the headline and reading the details.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Modern man is maybe 95% brain only and 5% "soul" contributing to consciousness.

Does that 5% number sound very familiar to you? It should....that phenomenon is joined at the hip.

"Soul" is in fact resentful....just like Fae are.

Now imagine that...must be a complete coincidence.

Why do I use Tulpa? Because souls are the problem not the solution.

"Souls" are tulpas, gods,fae, many UFOs, etc.

And I think I understand the relationship between "Kundalini" ... All that soul crap...and how that all fits in with the drama of human history.

And you are right...it doesn't matter what weird mix of junk that we are. The Universe loves duck billed platypus too.

Kev
edit on 2-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join